October 26, 2014 | 1070 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by bunnyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gotta say that I really like this product. Normally, I just use water to remove my eyeliner because I use a water based product. But recently, I switched to a waterproof eyeliner. I have used eye makeup removers in the past that just really irritated my eyes, hence the reason for using a water based eyeliner. After reading all of the positive reviews, I decided to jump on the band wagon with this one. First of all the packaging is not great because the top is really hard to get off, it's designed the way medicine bottles are. Once you get past opening it, it's smooth sailing after that. I knew that I was in love with this after I used it for the first time. It removed my waterproof eyeliner with no stinging, burning or irritation! That's a plus for me because I have sensitive eyes and I wear contacts. YAY!! For those of you have said that the product is a little too oily, just make sure that you are rinsing the product off with cool water as the directions state. As for contact lens wearers, I would suggest that you remove the contacts PRIOR to removing your eye makeup if at all possible. Take the day off is EXPENSIVE but I think that one bottle will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is the best I've found so far. I wear heavy makeup, as well as some waterproof/long lasting products. This product has worked the best of what I've tried on waterproof mascara. I use cotton pads. Saturate with product. Then press and hold to my eyes for several seconds to break up the mascara. It works really well, sometimes I need to go a second pass to get my eye makeup off. For the same price with an addition 2 oz, I think I will try Philosophy's Release Me next... just to see if there is anything better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Heavy eye mu? Shake the bottle, then put a little of this on a cotton ball. Hold to your lid for 5 seconds. AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've come back to this product twice already, after trying something different (one being the blue one from Lancome, which was good but more expensive and in my opinion not worth the extra money.)
It takes off all eye make up, including mascara, really well and has never irritated my very sensitive eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing pretty positive reviews on this, I was really disappointed with the actual product. Yes it does do a fair job of removing my eye make-up, but nothing amazing and the amount of alcohol in this stuff (like with most of clinique's skin toners etc) gives me a headache. This is a complete no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by autumnfall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this eye remover, however it's a little too expensive. So I probably won't be repurchasing for that reason. I feel like I can find something just as good for cheaper. Also, I'm not a fan of the twist cap thing. While traveling it spilled out onto my clothes. Might just stick with wipes for the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Judy82

I really like this make-up remover. It does a very good job and cleans my face off make-up with one cotton-wipe soaked in it. I use it to remove the make-up on my entire face, not just the eyes & lips. It does sting/tingle a little bit around my eyes and can 'smudge' my contact lenses a little bit (not as much as other removers have done), but most of the time I find that after I follow this with my regular face cleaners I don't have to remove my contacts to clean them. It does feel a tiny bit greasy but in a nice way. I love the packaging, it looks lovely. Overall I would re-purchase this product, as I like the fact that it clears my face off make-up efficiently, does not irritate my skin and does not break me out. Even though it comes in a 125ml bottle, I find that it lasts me a long time with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jadelily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works great! I use eyeshadow primer so it's hard to take makeup off. I use this before washing my face with Cetaphil, and all the makeup comes right off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

This is one of my staples and I cannot be without it, plain and simple. This removes even waterproof eye makeup effortlessly. It makes taking off my makeup so quick and easy. The only cons to this is that since it is a tad bit oily I sometimes get some on my contact lenses which I then have to rinse off... and I wish it was in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love it. It removes my tenacious smokey eye looks in a couple of swipes. The formulation is not irritating and I find absolutely no traces of makeup after washing my face.