November 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by YelhsaNotgnille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall it was a pretty okay product. It defenatley did not cause any acne, but I'm not entirely sure that it healed. It went on okay, not bad at all but I wouldnt say it was great. Just a very average product with medium coverage. Covers marks and acne scars well, but you might need allitle extra for the bumps. The color I had matched my skin well, so it looked good on me. Very matte finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Update: Almay and Revlon have been reassigned to animal testing status, and I am disappointed, but I stand by my original review below. I've removed 1 lippy as after a few years, I've tried new foundations and in comparison, this one is fairly average (hence the 3 rating). I will still recommend this to friends as my skin is unnecessarily difficult to please, and the colour selection is great for yellow-toned individuals (Asians).

-----------------------------

This is very close to being my HG foundation. I've been using it for 2 years and have gone through 4 bottles. Recently, Almay discontinued some foundation shades, and unfortunately, mine was one of them: Honey. I will attempt to find another shade within the line to match my skin, else it's hunting through online stores (www.well.ca is great) until I can find a new staple!

The foundation itself is medium coverage, and can be layered to become full coverage. I don't bother with concealer under my eyes and just dot on a second layer to hide dark circles. I'm not very blemish-prone, but the occasional pimple can be covered easily in this manner as well. The foundation blends beautifully into my skin without sinking into lines. The finish is matte without looking cakey or over-done. I am very oily in my t-zone after about 4 hours usually, but this foundation keeps it relatively at bay so I don't worry about powdering every few hours. If I go that long without powdering, the oil does break through but only appears as a slight sheen instead of an oil slick. The colour does not oxidize and stays true all day. It doesn't rub off or transfer unless I really rub my face against a surface - even napping on a white pillow doesn't result in any transfer!

I am not particularly acne-prone, but I have never had breakouts associated with this foundation. The salicylic acid might make tans fade faster, but I'm constantly heaping on sunscreen to prevent myself from getting darker anyway!

On average this foundation can be found for $13 CAD which is a tiny bit pricey for a drugstore foundation, but by no means does it break the bank. The packaging is not a big deal to me since I just pour a tiny amount onto the back of my hand and apply with my fingers. I've dropped it a few times and it hasn't shattered, and it's very travel-friendly since I've never had it leak.

The only thing that will push this to a 5 is a better colour selection, even more oil control, and as always, a lower price. For now though, no qualms about having this as a staple in my daily makeup routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

EDIT: I spoke too soon. After using this several more times I discovered this stuff was clogging my pores like crazy. I have 15-20 little white bumpy clogged pores right now after only wearing this 5 times. I really wish this didn't clog my skin because I love the way it looks.

I really hate the packaging (really how hard is it to incorporate a pump?!?) but for a product like this I can deal with the crappy package. It doesn't offer heavy coverage but I apply it over benefit's boing concealer and set it with cover fx blotting powder (I'm considering purchasing the normal cover fx powder, however, because the matte blotting powder has no pigment). I haven't noticed less acne but I haven't noticed more which is fine by me. This foundation looks good on my combination skin which is a miracle. (I have oily skin but because of washing with 10% benzoyl peroxide and it being winter I also have some dry patches). This doesn't make my skin any oilier and doesn't accentuate dry patches. Overall, I really like this product and will continue to use over high end make up at least until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MissCaliBrownie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have big pores, chicken pox scars, redness, acne, and dryness; this means having a decent foundation is very important to me. I say this Almay foundation offers light-medium coverage; it evens out my skintone and covers my redness, but it does not conceal acne or other noticeable marks. If you have spots or 'flaws', you WILL need concealer. After moisturizing and priming my face, the foundation goes on smoothly and does not look cakey. I've only applied it with my fingers, but I'm sure a sponge or brush would work as well. If you apply a thin layer on your face and feel that large portions of your skin are still too flawed, a THIN layer of mineral foundation or other powder will help. I don't have sensitive skin, so as long as I wash it off every night, my skin feels fine. The foundation isn't ultra-moisturizing, but it doesn't dry out my face either. I think it's a good foundation, and sorry for the novel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a trip recently when I forgot to pack my makeup. At first I didn't like the chalkiness, but as the day progressed and I looked in the mirror, I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage and the staying power. I think I will use this in the summer when I have trouble keeping makeup on my face. Nice coverage! I'm 43, normal skin, but pretty oily in the summer months. During that time, makeup usually disappears from my face in several hours.
An Update: This has actually become my go-to (even though I have foundations from Estee Lauder, La Mer, Stila, and Paula's Choice. I think that this is the best of all.
UPDATE: This is probably the best foundation I have used! I have access to many of the department store brands, but I do not like any of them as much as this one. I also have used Paula's Choice, and certainly do not like any of those as compared to this one. (Although I do love her skin care products.)
UPDATE: I am upgrading Almay to a 5. I am still using this foundation regularly! (to my surprise), and I have Stila, Estee Lauder, and Paula's Choice currently in my arsenal. I am, however, on the lookout for something less heavy. I just ordered Sally Hansen Inspired by Carmindy, as I see it has great reviews. Let's hope that they don't discontinue this on us, as the drugstore brands are known to do...keep you posted.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation on and off for about four weeks now. But I will NEVER EVER USE THIS AGAIN! The color is way way too dark (I have ivory) which is the case with most drugstore brands (well all really.) Also this broke me out so bad! It makes me extremely oily and last for about 3 hours tops. It also gives a medium coverage and I prefer a full coverage or at least build-able. This foundation will never go on my face again! And of course I will not be repurchasing this! If you have acne-prone skin (which I am sure you do since this is what the foundation is for) do NOT buy this foundation!
But with that said my skin is super super sensitive so maybe that had something to with it....i do not know?...
Happy Holidays! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by smatthews333

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using EL Double Wear for about a year and a half due to bad breakeouts which caused scars, redness etc. My face has been a mess most of my life on and off and I'm 44. You know what I mean. Hormonal breakouts on the chin area. The Double Wear does a great job of coverage but I was looking for something less expensive. I have tried several other drugstore brands with no luck. I bought this in the neutral shade and it was a good match right away. I wear the desert beige shade in the EL foundation if that helps. I am fair but slightly yellow undertones. This gives surprisingly good coverage rivaling the DW. I think it blends more easily than the DW. It does not last quite as long and allows a little more oil breakthrough but I wear it all day at work with no touch-ups. Have not noticed much difference with my breakouts as my skin is at a relatively clear point right now. Has not made it worse though. Overall, I recommend you give this a try if you have sensitive skin like me that needs a little extra coverage and still looks fairly natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by morganbraun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation is not a favourite of mine by any standard. I have dry skin and when i use this it tends to dry out my skin even more because of the salicylic acid in it. I also found that it tends to look very cakey by the end of the day under my eyes and it tends settles in pores, clearly telling the world that your wearing either too much foundation or a crappy one. Maybe this would work better for oily skin?

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me begin by saying I have never been able to wear foundation because it felt slimy, skicky, heavy, greasy, etc...I just stuck with concealer and maybe powder. I broke down and bought this after an embarassing vitamin induced cystic breakout (which has since cleared but probably cause I stopped taking the vitamins).

It's literally the first foundation I've ever worn that felt like my own skin and blended perfectly. UNTIL it oxidised and was much darker by the end of the day and a bit splotchy. It also felt like it was difficult to remove with my clinique 3 step facial cleanser.

It's ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As someone who has very sensitive and acne-prone skin, I have always been terrified to wear foundation. I am also quite fair (pale is just a mean way of saying it), so I figured it wasn't worth the effort to attempt foundation at all. I have always made do with tinted moisturizer or only powder. However, I am really loving this Almay foundation.

Pros:
It has salicylic acid in it and is oil-free.
It provides medium coverage without looking obvious/cakey/streaky.
It lasts a long time on me, and I have oily skin.
It blends easily.
It provides coverage for uneven skin tone, but it doesn't make you look like a creepy porcelain doll. It still looks like your own face.
It matches my cherubic (just kidding) skin tone.

Cons:
Price. It is not cheap, but a good quality drugstore product.
Packaging. A pump top is kind of a necessity with foundation. Otherwise, it gets messy and is easy to waste product.

I am very pleased to have found it. It is very easy to apply (although I recommend moisturizer underneath, as with any foundation), and looks great. It'll be lovely on my wedding day.

UPDATE: Still love this! I've now been using it for two months, and it definitely does not clog my pores! My skin actually looks better than ever, although I've made a few changes to my routine, so don't want to claim this alone fixed it. I can, however, say it did not give me acne. Yay!