October 24, 2014 | 1265 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MissCaliBrownie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have big pores, chicken pox scars, redness, acne, and dryness; this means having a decent foundation is very important to me. I say this Almay foundation offers light-medium coverage; it evens out my skintone and covers my redness, but it does not conceal acne or other noticeable marks. If you have spots or 'flaws', you WILL need concealer. After moisturizing and priming my face, the foundation goes on smoothly and does not look cakey. I've only applied it with my fingers, but I'm sure a sponge or brush would work as well. If you apply a thin layer on your face and feel that large portions of your skin are still too flawed, a THIN layer of mineral foundation or other powder will help. I don't have sensitive skin, so as long as I wash it off every night, my skin feels fine. The foundation isn't ultra-moisturizing, but it doesn't dry out my face either. I think it's a good foundation, and sorry for the novel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a trip recently when I forgot to pack my makeup. At first I didn't like the chalkiness, but as the day progressed and I looked in the mirror, I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage and the staying power. I think I will use this in the summer when I have trouble keeping makeup on my face. Nice coverage! I'm 43, normal skin, but pretty oily in the summer months. During that time, makeup usually disappears from my face in several hours.
An Update: This has actually become my go-to (even though I have foundations from Estee Lauder, La Mer, Stila, and Paula's Choice. I think that this is the best of all.
UPDATE: This is probably the best foundation I have used! I have access to many of the department store brands, but I do not like any of them as much as this one. I also have used Paula's Choice, and certainly do not like any of those as compared to this one. (Although I do love her skin care products.)
UPDATE: I am upgrading Almay to a 5. I am still using this foundation regularly! (to my surprise), and I have Stila, Estee Lauder, and Paula's Choice currently in my arsenal. I am, however, on the lookout for something less heavy. I just ordered Sally Hansen Inspired by Carmindy, as I see it has great reviews. Let's hope that they don't discontinue this on us, as the drugstore brands are known to do...keep you posted.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation on and off for about four weeks now. But I will NEVER EVER USE THIS AGAIN! The color is way way too dark (I have ivory) which is the case with most drugstore brands (well all really.) Also this broke me out so bad! It makes me extremely oily and last for about 3 hours tops. It also gives a medium coverage and I prefer a full coverage or at least build-able. This foundation will never go on my face again! And of course I will not be repurchasing this! If you have acne-prone skin (which I am sure you do since this is what the foundation is for) do NOT buy this foundation!
But with that said my skin is super super sensitive so maybe that had something to with it....i do not know?...
Happy Holidays! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by smatthews333

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using EL Double Wear for about a year and a half due to bad breakeouts which caused scars, redness etc. My face has been a mess most of my life on and off and I'm 44. You know what I mean. Hormonal breakouts on the chin area. The Double Wear does a great job of coverage but I was looking for something less expensive. I have tried several other drugstore brands with no luck. I bought this in the neutral shade and it was a good match right away. I wear the desert beige shade in the EL foundation if that helps. I am fair but slightly yellow undertones. This gives surprisingly good coverage rivaling the DW. I think it blends more easily than the DW. It does not last quite as long and allows a little more oil breakthrough but I wear it all day at work with no touch-ups. Have not noticed much difference with my breakouts as my skin is at a relatively clear point right now. Has not made it worse though. Overall, I recommend you give this a try if you have sensitive skin like me that needs a little extra coverage and still looks fairly natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by morganbraun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation is not a favourite of mine by any standard. I have dry skin and when i use this it tends to dry out my skin even more because of the salicylic acid in it. I also found that it tends to look very cakey by the end of the day under my eyes and it tends settles in pores, clearly telling the world that your wearing either too much foundation or a crappy one. Maybe this would work better for oily skin?

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me begin by saying I have never been able to wear foundation because it felt slimy, skicky, heavy, greasy, etc...I just stuck with concealer and maybe powder. I broke down and bought this after an embarassing vitamin induced cystic breakout (which has since cleared but probably cause I stopped taking the vitamins).

It's literally the first foundation I've ever worn that felt like my own skin and blended perfectly. UNTIL it oxidised and was much darker by the end of the day and a bit splotchy. It also felt like it was difficult to remove with my clinique 3 step facial cleanser.

It's ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As someone who has very sensitive and acne-prone skin, I have always been terrified to wear foundation. I am also quite fair (pale is just a mean way of saying it), so I figured it wasn't worth the effort to attempt foundation at all. I have always made do with tinted moisturizer or only powder. However, I am really loving this Almay foundation.

Pros:
It has salicylic acid in it and is oil-free.
It provides medium coverage without looking obvious/cakey/streaky.
It lasts a long time on me, and I have oily skin.
It blends easily.
It provides coverage for uneven skin tone, but it doesn't make you look like a creepy porcelain doll. It still looks like your own face.
It matches my cherubic (just kidding) skin tone.

Cons:
Price. It is not cheap, but a good quality drugstore product.
Packaging. A pump top is kind of a necessity with foundation. Otherwise, it gets messy and is easy to waste product.

I am very pleased to have found it. It is very easy to apply (although I recommend moisturizer underneath, as with any foundation), and looks great. It'll be lovely on my wedding day.

UPDATE: Still love this! I've now been using it for two months, and it definitely does not clog my pores! My skin actually looks better than ever, although I've made a few changes to my routine, so don't want to claim this alone fixed it. I can, however, say it did not give me acne. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best Foundation Ever!

K I am 39 and have tried soooo many foundations and this is by far the best drug store foundation I have ever tried.

Talk about coverage - way better then Revlon Colorstay. Feels great - Not oily like True Match (YUK!).

I swear my skin looks flawless today (and it is so not IRL) and it is so lightweight and comfortable.

I have found my HG foundation hands down.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by nirodw

I Love this product. my skin is prone to acne. I was using loreal colour stay foundation everyday because it gave me a full coverage.. After couple of weeks I started breaking out like crazy. It was so painful as I had so many pimples all over my face. You know what I mean if you have got a face like this. I was so scared becuase I looked so ugly without makeup with many dark patches and pimples.
Then luckily I found this product and it was great. I started using this last week. and I didn't get any pimples on my face. My dark patches are still there.But I know the slycilic acid in this product will help to fade it away. I heard this doesn't give a full coverage. But I apllied it after applying a moisturizer and put some powder and the blush on it. it looks really good and it's really easy to apply also it doesn't give me a cakey look. I love this product and I'm sooo happy.. I have never written a makeup review but I thought I should write a review here as I thought Almay foundation is really really good for acne prone skins and other skin types as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by michelex

I've recently bought this product, and I got at Walgreens while they were having a super low sale on it, I think I got it for around $3 or $4. And what drew me to it was the complexion healing, cause I've been breaking out badly. I would say it has medium coverage, doesn't smell like those cheap CoverGirl ones, and you can always layer it if it doesn't give you enough coverage. It doesn't really dry out my skin, just as long as I moisturize. I can't exactly say that it was this product that helped my acne, but since I've used it (I've only used it twice) my acne has simmered down. I'll definitely have to keep trying, and will update this if that is not the case. But other than that I love this product so far, and it does make my skin look smoother/natural and doesn't look or feel caked on. Only downside I would say is that the color selection is very light. I got the darkest, and I'm medium-light.