December 19, 2014 | 1487 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this on a whim probably after a payday as had never tried a highlighter before, its nice and sublte and you get a lot of product, i was not interested in benefit highbeam or moonbeam both were too pink for me and very expensive i have no idea if they have more payoff this is quite subtle on me mac C40 a little pink but still nice good when using cream products as its natural and dewy looking - thik it will last forever hope it does not go off i would use it more if i gave myself more time to get ready in the morning but im always in a rush and end up just sticking to the basics on work days so thats my fault

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great for that little 'lift' your skin needs on some mornings. It refreshes but adds a bit of sparkle & dewiness like nothing else. It sinks in fast & doesnt leave any oiliness but im dry skin so maybe thats why. im not sure about ppl with oily skin how it would react.
I reach for my strobe cream before I apply highlighter to my cheek bones too. It leaves them feeling extra soft & helps the highlighter to sparkle as well.
Its an expensive product & not for everyday wear but it definitely has its place in my makeup draw.
I would ask MAC to make it a flip top for ease of use but thats my 1 & only suggestion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: Still no break outs, and my skin looks so juicy and radiant. I absolutely love it. HG for sure!

I wasn't so sure about this at first. I had tried a sample of this about 2 years ago, and I thought it was interesting..but wasn't about to run out and buy it - too expensive for what it was. Lately my skin has been looking just - blah....I normally have oily/combo skin..but I think the sun has messed my skin up. It's been very dry and dull lately. I decided to go grab this. I tried mixing it with my foundation (Studio Fix Fluid) and it just made my foundation very spotty looking. Instead, I use it by itself before putting makeup on, and it makes my skin fresh, glowy and more even. Therefore I don't have to use as much foundation...it works great! Its not too moisturizing..which is good, otherwise my skin would turn into an oil-slick. Overall, i'm happy with it...and so far no break-outs from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by 1210hotchocolat

I really do love this product.... only for the winter. This product gives me a nice dewy glow that instantly makes me look awake while moisturzing my skin.I suggest you to not use this during the summer for sometimes when it is a hot summer day and you start to sweat on your face, you startl looking really greasy with sweat and the glow combined all together. Overall, i would purchase this product again because it has done what it promises to do, just not use it in hot weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Swoop

I really love love this product!
I've read some reviews about it and its truely great.
Its gives my skin a great nice glow and it doesnt dry my skin which I easily have with stuff.
I mix it with my daily moisturizer so it doesnt look like I'm glowing in a weird way. Like others said, u cant use it alone, it would be over the top.
But its a great cream that also nourishes my skin, so its perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by themagiconch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this on, it immediately reminded me of Estee Lauder Spotlight, except not so oily. It leaves behind an iridescent glow instead of sparkles/shimmer in other highlighters. The glow is pinkish in tone, so I would stay away from it if you're cool toned.

I wouldn't even say this is a highlighter and I don't think MAC classifies it as one either.

I use it as a moisturizer after I apply my sunscreen. It does a pretty good job of moisturizing but I do still need some in certain areas like around the mouth and on my cheeks because I'm really dry there.

I use it whenever I don't get enough sleep because I find that my skin is dull the morning after. This manages to perk my face up a bit without adding color or annoying shimmer. It doesn't really show up/work underneath foundation (I use studio fix fluid). I haven't tried it over, just alone.

The bottle is pretty small for close to $30 but I like the product enough that I'll buy again. It comes in a squeeze tube with a twist off cap that feels like nars packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by baronesszara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like strobe cream hydratant lumineux more than the 3 out of 5 I gave it.
The price and packaging 'could do better' and although I may buy this again,
it won't be for a very long time, as there are many similar products I want to try.
I need moisturiser under this, it's not hydrating for dry skin.
It imparts a healthy glow; used under foundation or tinted moisturiser.
It's a bit too shiney to be worn alone and not great over foundation as a highlight, as blends away. I've read so many times; 'there are lots of uses for this product'
but no-one states any! I only see one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

My secret weapon..........ESPECIALLY if I havent gotten enough sleep or am hung over or something. I really love this.......I never use it as a moisturizer on its own.....I guess mainly because I want to use the product sparingly since I love it so much :) It gives an amazing glow but isnt greasy at all.....I love the smell even.

Lately I have been mixing this with a pump of matte foundation to sheer it out a bit. Beautiful effect!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by heyitskaren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't find this moisturizing, but it gives the best glowing (not oily) finish to the skin in conjunction with a sheer foundation (I use MUFE F&B). When I first tried this alone under foundation I felt that it wasn't enough to moisturize my dry cheeks where I spotted dry patches, but it moisturized fine everywhere else where my skin tends to be normal. Not the best moisturizer, which is why I took one off, but on look alone it creates an allusion of dewy moisturized skin. I think it looks so natural because the shimmers are so finely milled it looks like natural radiance. I also use this sans makeup as a very natural looking highlight on my face and collar bone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ifbbprobp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin so this isn't the best moisturizer for sure...BUT...when I add a little extra moisturizer under it, it works just fine. I use it under my normal foundation. My favorite part is the glowing effect it gives to my skin. You can't see any glitter or noticable shimmer. It's just a...glow. I'm not quite sure about the smell though. It's...different. Not offensive, but different. It goes away fairly quickly though. I've only been using it a little over a week, but I'm really loving it so far.