October 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: Still no break outs, and my skin looks so juicy and radiant. I absolutely love it. HG for sure!

I wasn't so sure about this at first. I had tried a sample of this about 2 years ago, and I thought it was interesting..but wasn't about to run out and buy it - too expensive for what it was. Lately my skin has been looking just - blah....I normally have oily/combo skin..but I think the sun has messed my skin up. It's been very dry and dull lately. I decided to go grab this. I tried mixing it with my foundation (Studio Fix Fluid) and it just made my foundation very spotty looking. Instead, I use it by itself before putting makeup on, and it makes my skin fresh, glowy and more even. Therefore I don't have to use as much foundation...it works great! Its not too moisturizing..which is good, otherwise my skin would turn into an oil-slick. Overall, i'm happy with it...and so far no break-outs from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by 1210hotchocolat

I really do love this product.... only for the winter. This product gives me a nice dewy glow that instantly makes me look awake while moisturzing my skin.I suggest you to not use this during the summer for sometimes when it is a hot summer day and you start to sweat on your face, you startl looking really greasy with sweat and the glow combined all together. Overall, i would purchase this product again because it has done what it promises to do, just not use it in hot weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Swoop

I really love love this product!
I've read some reviews about it and its truely great.
Its gives my skin a great nice glow and it doesnt dry my skin which I easily have with stuff.
I mix it with my daily moisturizer so it doesnt look like I'm glowing in a weird way. Like others said, u cant use it alone, it would be over the top.
But its a great cream that also nourishes my skin, so its perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by themagiconch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this on, it immediately reminded me of Estee Lauder Spotlight, except not so oily. It leaves behind an iridescent glow instead of sparkles/shimmer in other highlighters. The glow is pinkish in tone, so I would stay away from it if you're cool toned.

I wouldn't even say this is a highlighter and I don't think MAC classifies it as one either.

I use it as a moisturizer after I apply my sunscreen. It does a pretty good job of moisturizing but I do still need some in certain areas like around the mouth and on my cheeks because I'm really dry there.

I use it whenever I don't get enough sleep because I find that my skin is dull the morning after. This manages to perk my face up a bit without adding color or annoying shimmer. It doesn't really show up/work underneath foundation (I use studio fix fluid). I haven't tried it over, just alone.

The bottle is pretty small for close to $30 but I like the product enough that I'll buy again. It comes in a squeeze tube with a twist off cap that feels like nars packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by baronesszara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like strobe cream hydratant lumineux more than the 3 out of 5 I gave it.
The price and packaging 'could do better' and although I may buy this again,
it won't be for a very long time, as there are many similar products I want to try.
I need moisturiser under this, it's not hydrating for dry skin.
It imparts a healthy glow; used under foundation or tinted moisturiser.
It's a bit too shiney to be worn alone and not great over foundation as a highlight, as blends away. I've read so many times; 'there are lots of uses for this product'
but no-one states any! I only see one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

My secret weapon..........ESPECIALLY if I havent gotten enough sleep or am hung over or something. I really love this.......I never use it as a moisturizer on its own.....I guess mainly because I want to use the product sparingly since I love it so much :) It gives an amazing glow but isnt greasy at all.....I love the smell even.

Lately I have been mixing this with a pump of matte foundation to sheer it out a bit. Beautiful effect!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by heyitskaren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't find this moisturizing, but it gives the best glowing (not oily) finish to the skin in conjunction with a sheer foundation (I use MUFE F&B). When I first tried this alone under foundation I felt that it wasn't enough to moisturize my dry cheeks where I spotted dry patches, but it moisturized fine everywhere else where my skin tends to be normal. Not the best moisturizer, which is why I took one off, but on look alone it creates an allusion of dewy moisturized skin. I think it looks so natural because the shimmers are so finely milled it looks like natural radiance. I also use this sans makeup as a very natural looking highlight on my face and collar bone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ifbbprobp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin so this isn't the best moisturizer for sure...BUT...when I add a little extra moisturizer under it, it works just fine. I use it under my normal foundation. My favorite part is the glowing effect it gives to my skin. You can't see any glitter or noticable shimmer. It's just a...glow. I'm not quite sure about the smell though. It's...different. Not offensive, but different. It goes away fairly quickly though. I've only been using it a little over a week, but I'm really loving it so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Norajimjom

" It is not so good if you have acne-prone skin b/c it has ingredients that can make your acne flare up" so I was told by a friend but since I'd already tried a sample I just could not resist. My face just pop (radiance and fresh) whenever I use it with my make-up. I mix it with my liquid foundation and I look as if I have been getting plenty of sleep. I am acne-prone but it does not cause acne flare up. I do not see the difference on my acne problem whether I am using the product or not. I do not like to packaging so much, it is so darn difficult to squeeze. I am sure I will not be able to squeeze out those last drops that would linger at the bottom of the tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by changelyng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product.

I have been using Strobe Cream over the top of my moisturiser and underneath my daily foundation (MAC Select SPF15) for a week and I am truly happy with the results. My dry skin usually ends up dull and flaky using foundation in general and this product alleviates this issue entirely. The sheen is subtle but effective. Also, no MACne for me so far!

I think this will become one of my HG products. It certainly is this week!