Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

Like the matching shampoo, my biggest complaint is the price. I think it is over priced....but maybe I'm cheap! But I will buy this again. It makes my hair so soft, and it feels so good tingling on my scalp. I think it does add a bit of shine to my hair too. It doesn't strip hair color, which was the reason I bought it. I was using (and loving) Sunsilk Thermashine shampoo/condtioner/leave-in but I wasn't sure that it wouldn't hurt my hair color...so I decided I'd better open the wallet and buy something that at least my salon would say was safe for my colored hair....in case the color should have faded. I don't need to use very much of this, so it will last awhile....it doesn't rinse super easy, but feels so silky as it rinses out of my hair....ah....off to go run my fingers through my hair! :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG conditioner. It untangles, smoothens, straightens, and makes color pop. It literally revives hair and it is by far the best conditioner I have used (and Ive used a LOT!). However the price is something I cannot get over so I have switched to Rusk with comparable but not exactly identical results.

When I have the money I will be returning to this product. It has a menthol type action but I dont even use conditioner at my roots so that is not an issue for me. It does make your scalp tingle but that is a GOOD thing because the tingling increases circulation to the scalp. A little tingling wont hurt anyone, and when you get used to it it feels great.

This is one of the highest recommended professional hair care products and nothing short of a spectacular miracle performer. Too bad it costs an arm and a leg :(

On the plus side its shampoo is just OK and so I can balance cost by using this with a cheaper shampoo.

Nice and conditioning, minty tingle and good at detangling. Works well for color treated hair and it is not too heavy. I wish it lasted longer, the bottle is quite small for the price.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this conditioner! I have been encouraged by my hairstylist for many years to try this line again since I have problems with color fading, but it is so hard for me to get over the price tag! I recently went to the beauty supply store with a friend and I broke down and bought this and the volumizing shampoo in the half gallon size since that is the cheapest way to get it. It cost about $65 for both bottles, but it should last forever since it's so concentrated. This feels great on my head because it leaves a cool feeling. I have long, fine, color treated and highlighted hair, and this gives the perfect amount of moisture without being heavy. I will definitely purchase again if I ever run out!

I like this conditioner. It did the job and gave me the extra moisture that my hair was lacking. I did feel like it stopped working after a while and that is why I prefer John Masters Rosemary & Peppermint Detangler.

I was introduced to this line at my salon specifically because it does not contain sulfates. Sulfates are found in a lot of shampoos and conditioners and they can really damage color treated hair. I bought the conditioner and was instantly hooked! Not only has my hair felt healthier, stronger and shinier, but the scent is amazing. It has a really minty scent and tingles when I use it. I feel like I'm at the spa. I definitely recommend this product to anyone who has color-treated hair. The only downside is that it's expensive, but I figure that if I'm already going to pay a lot of money to get my hair highlighted, I might as well throw in the extra bucks to take care of it! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff, except for the mentholatum action. I use this for my real and microlink hair extensions, since I was advised to use Sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner on them.

This stuff actually works, with over-processed hair like mine, I will pay just about anything to have soft and healthy hair.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This stuff is awesome! I love the menthol. Makes my scalp feel clean. I left this in for ten minutes and wow. My hair is super smooth and shiny. The condition of my hair has greatly improved just after one use. Great stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Me: Heavily highlighted damaged fine hair.

My experience:
Length of use: About 3 months / 3 bottles
Price: About $25 a bottle
Packaging: The product is too thick and dries up in the cap fairly quickly so you'll need to remove the cap after a few uses.

The conditioner: It gave me a cool pepperminty tingle on my scalp that I actually really liked. I would equate it to how your mouth feels after you suck on a Listerine breath strip. Strangely enough, it was like one day the tingling just stopped and I never felt it again?

Initial reaction after first few uses:
I was really happy with both the Anti-Fade Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner and didn't mind shelling out the $50+ for both each month. For a good 2-3 months, I felt like my hair was on the road to recovery (since going from dark to light in a short amount of time). My hair is prone to look brassy after a few weeks and normally I would use Clairol Colorlights or Artec but there was no need, it really held my color.

Where it went wrong: About three months in, I swear this product went schizophrenic or the formula was changed overnight.

I noticed that even as I washed my hair, it felt really mushy. I mean, it felt like a handful of wet spaghetti in the shower. There was an exuberent amount of buildup that was such a challenge to remove. I had read on here that it contained sillicones and followed other MUAers suggestions to use clarifying shampoo weekly and switched to other shampoos/conditioners as well.

In addition to the "mushiness" it was "crunchy" after I dried it - like a bail of hay - it's still, a few months later, breaking off at the ends. I actually exchanged the bottle for another b/c I couldn't believe it was the same product! I was truly confused since I had really been loving it.

Long story short, it was great after first but after a while it just really did some serious damage. It's a lot of money for such a poor product. I would give a zero if I could.

My hairdresser used this on me along with the hydrating shampoo. I did end up buying a large bottle of the shampoo and I really like it. I like the way my hair feels after she uses this conditioner on me too, but I am not convinced that it is that different from other conditioners far more reasonably priced.