Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

on 1/14/2008 12:07:00 AM

I was introduced to this line at my salon specifically because it does not contain sulfates. Sulfates are found in a lot of shampoos and conditioners and they can really damage color treated hair. I bought the conditioner and was instantly hooked! Not only has my hair felt healthier, stronger and shinier, but the scent is amazing. It has a really minty scent and tingles when I use it. I feel like I'm at the spa. I definitely recommend this product to anyone who has color-treated hair. The only downside is that it's expensive, but I figure that if I'm already going to pay a lot of money to get my hair highlighted, I might as well throw in the extra bucks to take care of it! :)

on 1/8/2008 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff, except for the mentholatum action. I use this for my real and microlink hair extensions, since I was advised to use Sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner on them.

This stuff actually works, with over-processed hair like mine, I will pay just about anything to have soft and healthy hair.

on 12/30/2007 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This stuff is awesome! I love the menthol. Makes my scalp feel clean. I left this in for ten minutes and wow. My hair is super smooth and shiny. The condition of my hair has greatly improved just after one use. Great stuff.

on 12/25/2007 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Me: Heavily highlighted damaged fine hair.

My experience:
Length of use: About 3 months / 3 bottles
Price: About $25 a bottle
Packaging: The product is too thick and dries up in the cap fairly quickly so you'll need to remove the cap after a few uses.

The conditioner: It gave me a cool pepperminty tingle on my scalp that I actually really liked. I would equate it to how your mouth feels after you suck on a Listerine breath strip. Strangely enough, it was like one day the tingling just stopped and I never felt it again?

Initial reaction after first few uses:
I was really happy with both the Anti-Fade Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner and didn't mind shelling out the $50+ for both each month. For a good 2-3 months, I felt like my hair was on the road to recovery (since going from dark to light in a short amount of time). My hair is prone to look brassy after a few weeks and normally I would use Clairol Colorlights or Artec but there was no need, it really held my color.

Where it went wrong: About three months in, I swear this product went schizophrenic or the formula was changed overnight.

I noticed that even as I washed my hair, it felt really mushy. I mean, it felt like a handful of wet spaghetti in the shower. There was an exuberent amount of buildup that was such a challenge to remove. I had read on here that it contained sillicones and followed other MUAers suggestions to use clarifying shampoo weekly and switched to other shampoos/conditioners as well.

In addition to the "mushiness" it was "crunchy" after I dried it - like a bail of hay - it's still, a few months later, breaking off at the ends. I actually exchanged the bottle for another b/c I couldn't believe it was the same product! I was truly confused since I had really been loving it.

Long story short, it was great after first but after a while it just really did some serious damage. It's a lot of money for such a poor product. I would give a zero if I could.

on 12/15/2007 9:03:00 AM

My hairdresser used this on me along with the hydrating shampoo. I did end up buying a large bottle of the shampoo and I really like it. I like the way my hair feels after she uses this conditioner on me too, but I am not convinced that it is that different from other conditioners far more reasonably priced.

on 12/4/2007 8:56:00 PM

I love this conditioner! It leaves my hair feeling tingily and fantastically clean! However, if you have an easily irritated scalp, I would not recommend this because the mint is a bit strong and my hair stylist told me she has several clients complain it burns! I have never experienced that. The only con is that if I accidently apply a little too much it leaves my hair greasy.

on 11/29/2007 2:15:00 PM

I looove the tingly feeling of my scalp when I use this. The peppermint scent smells so good.

on 11/29/2007 3:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Best conditioner EVER! I have thick natural curls, but not super coarse hair. So it's a battle to hydrate the curls but not weigh them down, give enough control but not make them crunchy. Yes, it is absurdly expensive. But it only takes half a teaspoon to work into all my hair where as I've used handfuls of other conditioners, so I've justified it. So nice not having to buy conditioner every other week! My hair is truly moisturized yet rinses clean. Happy, happy curls.

on 11/9/2007 5:43:00 PM

The conditioner leaves your scalp feeling minty and tingly and fresh. I like how it smooths out the cuticle of my hair, but I don't think it smooths very well. I also think it's not as heavy or creamy as I like my conditioners to be. Melts into my hair just fine, but the conditioning benefits aren't as great as I would want them to be for what you pay for this product.

on 10/27/2007 10:46:00 PM

I tried this product after smelling it at the salon I work at. I took home a sample and cursed myself for doing so, because after trying it I knew I had to buy a full size bottle. This is my HG conditioner! My hair has never felt so soft or looked so shiny, and I LOVE the minty smell and tingle. It rinses out clean and I barely have to touch my hair to style it now, it lays so straight and shiny! It's really expensive for me at $25 a bottle, but with my discount I was able to get both the shampoo and conditioner for $30, and believe me, I will be stocking up on it whenever I work some overtime or have a little extra saved up. I couldn't stop touching my hair the the first time I used it, this stuff is outrageous!