April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by love4dolphins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Packaging is awful. But the product is good.
Very expensive for the amount, you're better off buying ABBA. It is the SAME thing!
The mint tingle is too much.
But again, great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sess42

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner didn't work for me or my hair; I was urged to try it after I got highlights.
1st the packaging is horrible I have never dealt with such an annoying bottle. One thing I did like is that you don't have to use a lot of shampoo or conditioner like most products. I liked the mint tingle feeling on the head but not enough to buy again.
I really did want this to work; for some reason my hair over the last month has gotten really brittle and dry & now it's starting to snap off more easily.
I'm going back to Kerastase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by fbfriends

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

must use clarifying shampoo once-per-week to remove HydrateCondition buildup.

be forewarned, one of the key ingredients in this product is Cyclopentasiloxane. This is basically silicone or the key ingredient in "hair shine" products. silicone gives the temporary affect of shine on your hair, but it actually keeps moisture in the air from getting to the hair, so you might be drying your hair out if you use this daily.

To alleviate that problem, ensure you use a clarifying shampoo at least once-per-week. I suggest you wash your hair twice with the clarifier to ensure its removed all the hair product buildup.

A 8.5 oz bottle can cost ~$25, so it is a pricey venture.

More info on Cytopentasiloxane:
========================
Cyclopentasiloxane is a colorless, ordorless, transparent, nongreasy silicone fluid. It has a low viscosity and surface tension and a relatively high vapor pressure which allows the majority of the silicone portion to evaporate from the surface to which it is applied. It is used in a variety of cosmetic products as a hair conditioning agent, skin emollient, or solvent. Studies indicate that cyclopentasiloxane is not irritating to the skin and is not readily absorbed through the skin.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

I use this along with the shampoo and my hair is so much healthier. I love the smell and it feels very refreshing on the scalp. I have noticed a huge improvement with my split ends and my hair doesn't dry out as easily from heat or chemicals. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by alidog

Like the shampoo, love this... and have been a faithful user for 5 years. To me, this is not too thick and does a great job keeping my fried blonde hair under control. Just make sure you wash it out really well, or you will have a nice greased back look for the day! I love to set this on freshly shampooed hair (Pur of course) and let it soak about an hour and then rinse it off. My stylist told me to do this for a really deep condition. I love this, as well as the rest of the hydrating line. I find them to work great for me, and it's hard for me to do an occasional other brand! I'd suggest to buy the liter, it lasts longer... and in the long run is much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ladybgn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stiff is the SHIZ! A little goes a long way. Even when my curly hair hasn't been washed in days and is touseled, tangled and dry, this conditioner moisturizes and easily detangles my hair in the shower - no need for 2 applications. It also leaves a nice tingly cool feeling, which is so nice in the Summer months. My only complaint is that the consistency is thick and I find it difficult to get the last little bit out of the bottle without shaking it vogorously and banging it against the tub. For the price, Pureology ought to find a way to help me use every last drop. But, will continue to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kimirdh

Great conditioner for my coloured, limp, fine, straight hair. I usually struggle with conditioners, most weigh my hair down. I use this with the volume shampoo and rarely have bad hair days, even in this Louisiana humidity. My hair always feels soft and looks shiny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by princesss

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this , on the recommendation of my colourist. I am not impressed with it. It made my hair feel dry and like it had a coating of dust on it when I used this as my daily conditioner. Now I use it once or twice a week and it is a little better but still not great. I have not noticed that this has helped keep my colour from fading any faster.I did enjoy the minty smell and tingle but I would not use this again, can't wait till I finish what I already have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturized my hair exceptionally well and left a pleasant minty tingle upon rinsing. For a bottle, its very pricey and I don't see myself buying this all the time, but it seems to work for my hair type which is medium textured. It softens and hydrates without being greasy and I don't need to use an excessive amount to get my hair conditioned. I recommend that if you want to try it, you should check out the travel sizes or wait for sales at Ulta.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by sherri36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am uncertain on this product. I have been using it for about a week which is usually long enough for my hair to know whether I like it or not. I did have to clarify once already. You don't have to use much. It does moisturize very well. I am using the hydrate shampoo as well. I am still uncertain on this product but would recommend it to try. Buy the travel size first.

**UPDATE** This product dried out my hair and made it brassy. It also broke my skin out especially on my forehead.