September 1, 2014 | 2002 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ladydisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this product after smelling it at the salon I work at. I took home a sample and cursed myself for doing so, because after trying it I knew I had to buy a full size bottle. This is my HG conditioner! My hair has never felt so soft or looked so shiny, and I LOVE the minty smell and tingle. It rinses out clean and I barely have to touch my hair to style it now, it lays so straight and shiny! It's really expensive for me at $25 a bottle, but with my discount I was able to get both the shampoo and conditioner for $30, and believe me, I will be stocking up on it whenever I work some overtime or have a little extra saved up. I couldn't stop touching my hair the the first time I used it, this stuff is outrageous!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2007 12:32:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product when I tried a sample, but the large bottle dissapoitned me. Not very hydrating. Love the minty smell in the morning and at the gym, but I think I will get it from a body wash instead. Don't waste the extra cash on this conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by piscesrising

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The mint essential oil irritated my scalp and left me with *****GROSSNESS ALERT****** itchy scabs. Because I have extra-dry, color-treated (red), naturally curly hair, I prefer the DevaRed No-Poo and DevaRed-One Condition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a combo pack with three other products in this line. I reviewed the shampoo in another review. This conditioner is working for me. It has a essential oil scent of peppermint and it freshens the scalp. Along with the shampoo my hair colour has never lasted longer and looked better - staying fresh and true and pretty shiny (when well treated!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I'm a bit wary of this conditioner since I noticed it contains silicone...even so, this might be a good conditioner to keep in my rotation...kinda defeats the purpose of getting consistent and using shampoo and conditioner from the same line, though. It seems to hydrate nicely, but again, I am concerned about the silicone thing. I will say that my hair is very silky, yet bouncy with this conditioner. I don't mind the minty smell. I didn't notice the tingle since I never use conditioner at my scalp (makes it way too greasy)...Please tell me there is some vegan, HG conditioner out there that doesn't have silicones and hydrates well! I guess I'll see how my hair responds to this stuff over time. On the advice of another MUA'er here, I will use a clarifying shampoo once a week to rid my hair of the buildup from this conditioner, and hopefully that will be sufficient. I also do a once-weekly deep-conditioning treatment on my ends, so hopefully my ends won't be fried from using the Pureology conditioner...

UPDATE: I officially love this stuff and consider it a holy grail. I am using a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks to eliminate buildup from this, and I couldn't be happier! My hair looks amazing! I also have gotten so used to the minty smell that I am disappointed when I use other conditioners. HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by sheabreaux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the minty tingle on the scalp. It's a nice conditioner, but could be more moisturizing. The price is lame. The packaging ok. But that tingle!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by monique83

i have salon license otherwise i would not purchase this for retail price. that being said, i do really like it although it doesn't really add moisture to my hair as much as lóreal nature's therapy but that is in a class of its own. i love the mint tingle but probably not when winter rolls around. i use tons of this, like tons but because i get it so cheap its ok. otherwise, it's just ok

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by love4dolphins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Packaging is awful. But the product is good.
Very expensive for the amount, you're better off buying ABBA. It is the SAME thing!
The mint tingle is too much.
But again, great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sess42

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner didn't work for me or my hair; I was urged to try it after I got highlights.
1st the packaging is horrible I have never dealt with such an annoying bottle. One thing I did like is that you don't have to use a lot of shampoo or conditioner like most products. I liked the mint tingle feeling on the head but not enough to buy again.
I really did want this to work; for some reason my hair over the last month has gotten really brittle and dry & now it's starting to snap off more easily.
I'm going back to Kerastase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by fbfriends

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

must use clarifying shampoo once-per-week to remove HydrateCondition buildup.

be forewarned, one of the key ingredients in this product is Cyclopentasiloxane. This is basically silicone or the key ingredient in "hair shine" products. silicone gives the temporary affect of shine on your hair, but it actually keeps moisture in the air from getting to the hair, so you might be drying your hair out if you use this daily.

To alleviate that problem, ensure you use a clarifying shampoo at least once-per-week. I suggest you wash your hair twice with the clarifier to ensure its removed all the hair product buildup.

A 8.5 oz bottle can cost ~$25, so it is a pricey venture.

More info on Cytopentasiloxane:
========================
Cyclopentasiloxane is a colorless, ordorless, transparent, nongreasy silicone fluid. It has a low viscosity and surface tension and a relatively high vapor pressure which allows the majority of the silicone portion to evaporate from the surface to which it is applied. It is used in a variety of cosmetic products as a hair conditioning agent, skin emollient, or solvent. Studies indicate that cyclopentasiloxane is not irritating to the skin and is not readily absorbed through the skin.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No