October 21, 2014 | 1002 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Noor86

I wouldn't go without this EVER! A year back I went through a rough patch where I suffered acne around my cheekbone, chin and lip area; so bad that the acne left brown black marks after the spots dried out. I started to use Alpha H liquid gold and thankfully in a month or so the marks had vanished! However after than period I wanted to use something that would avoid me going through all that again, so I ordered in a bottle of Purity and noticed even little bumps on the skin had started to disappear. Everyone was complimenting my skin, they said is looked radiant and glowful. Only recently, I started to use Cetaphil and broke out , and nothing was helping it calm down. It's now been a week since I've been using the heaven send Purity and BAM skin is looking so much better. This bottle does EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS! Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by tinatux

As a girl who wears a ton of makeup every day including waterproof mascara and eyeliner, this stuff is AMAZING! It is the only cleanser I have ever used that gets every bit of makeup off my face and doesn't leave behind any residue. It smells wonderful and leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. A little bit of product goes a long way! The only downside is the price but if you don't mind spending the money the big bottle will last you a year. Also I've seen this product ar Marshalls several times and the big bottle was only $15. LOVE.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mxmestiza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing about how great this cleanser was at removing make up, I ran out and bought the 3 oz trial size at Ulta. I was pretty disappointed in it. First of all it smelled like bug spray so I couldn't wait to wash it off my face. I can stand that if it did the one and only thing I ask of it - remove make up and cleanse the face. Sadly, it did not. I had to wash my eye area twice and the second time I used vitamin E oil to help remove the eyeliner and it still left some eyeliner on. Shame! I think for now I will stick with my $5 Oil of Olay foaming face wash with vitamin E oil added since it removes all make up including eyeliner in one go.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by alyssac

Absolute WORST cleanser I have ever tried! I have tried so many cleansers ranging from low to high in price, and let me say this is one of my least favorite of all! After less than a week of use, my face broke out horribly..worse than it ever has before. Painful cystic acne appeared all over my forehead, cheeks and chin. Not to mention, clogged my pores like no other. My skin has never hated a product so much, will NEVER repurchase or recommend to anyone. Please steer clear of this cleanser if you have sensitive acne-prone skin like me. Also, this product is not as "natural" as it claims. Read the ingredients..it will surely surprise you. Very disappointed Philosophy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

Really enjoy this product. I have repurchased this in the largest side that Sephora has 4 times already over the past two years and in between have tried other cleansers as well. It removes a lot of my makeup but beware, it can sting the eye a little if you use it to remove your makeup. When I use this for cleaning my bare face, I just use it once but when I use it to remove my makeup, I use it twice as it removes most everything by the second wash. I have noticed that if I use my clarisonic mia 2 after the second wash, I can still see really (and I mean really, like you have to focus and check) small traces of foundation left but this cleanser is definitely not too shabby. I think that purity may have changed the formulation of this cleanser because the one I just bought a month ago is more watery while the ones before where less watery and foamier when used. I like the older version better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by luvelylyddie7

This product does clean well but I believe it is overpriced. I can't justify buying it again as I see no special benefits. I may be the only person, but I really dislike the smell. It smells of alcohol to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Itssstephyo

In just a short 4 days the dryness I've had on my chin and cheeks has completely disappeared! I am so in love with the smell. It's very fresh and light. I have always used gel like cleansers and after trying this I don't think ill ever go back.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

I am not into a multitasked thing when it comes to cleansing my face. I always love to do it separately, because I want to make sure my skin is super clean. And this product is no an exception.
I received the sample of this product not long ago. I tried this product couple of times until I stop because my skin reaction into it.
This product irritates my skin a bit, it leaves me with a red forehead and cheeks after couple times of use. I was surprised because I thought this product will be gentle enough for my sensitive skin.
Well, maybe this product did not work well on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the small 3 oz bottle just to try it, and it turns out that I really love this!

I use this only at night to remove my face makeup. It does an excellent job at removing everything. It makes my face feel clean, not stripped. You only need about a dime sized amount to remove all of your makeup. I use a separate remover for my eye makeup, but this does a really great job at removing any access mascara or eye liner that is still on my eyes. It even does a great job at removing waterproof mascara! This doesn't burn my eyes a lot of other cleansers do.

Even when I don't wear makeup, I use this as my cleanser. I feel like it does a great job at removing oil and dirt from my face without feeling like I just dried out my skin. Usually cleansers that claim that they can gently cleanse the face don't effectively remove makeup. This one does.

This cleanser is definitely worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by CrashBangKelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely sensitive combination skin so I'm always on the prowl for a cleanser that won't irritate my face and make me break out into acne / milia. I bought this after hearing a few good reviews, and I wasn't at all disappointed. I never once had a serious problem with unsightly bumps while using it. The smell is a little bit funky, but it removed my makeup and cleansed my skin exactly as advertised. When I ran out I didn't repurchase it because I wanted to find something a bit cheaper, but after trying several different drugstore brands, I haven't found anything that measures up to this cleanser (for me personally). On my lunch break I'm heading out and buying it again, even though it's not kind to my wallet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No