July 23, 2014 | 2155 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Jstar668

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is an essential red shade...and necessary in every girl's make up kit! This blue based red is flattering on an array of skin tones and looks glam and amazing no matter what the occasion. I buckled and bought this shade after many months of contemplation and it did not disappoint. It is universally flattering and perfect for anyone ready to take on bold red lips! You'll be glad you did!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by NYMakeupJunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I fell out of love with MAC products 15 years ago and banished everything MAC from my collection, until I read on-line that Gwen Stefani wore Ruby Woo as her staple color. A Nars artist once told me she wore Red Lizard, which is my staple when I need to go all out glam for a formal affair. I knew there was a lot of hype over this shade, so I decided to try it with MAC Cherry lip liner. It did not disappoint!! Ruby Woo is classified as a cool red, but on my cool, fair skin I felt it was a little closer to a true red with subtle cool undertones. This shade has a lot less blue than Nars Red Lizard, and while it's bold and matte, it doesn't have the same punch as RL. The formula is a true matte, which is drying but looks chic. I used some lip balm over it as the day wore on, and the color lasted through two cups of coffee and was still noticeable after lunch. At half the price of Nars, I'll use this one for an every day red.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Woah Mama! This takes some getting used to or a brave sole, but the color payoff is outstanding. Makes my NW20 skin look porcelain next to it and my hazel eyes look very green. It's beautiful, but I can feel everyone looking at my lips with it on! Not that that's a bad thing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Makeupobssesed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Im going to keep this short simple and sweet... Ruby sooo is one of macs classics and best sellers this color is sooooo pretty and literally looks good on every skin color!! It's is really bold and stains your lips! The smell is lovely and this is def a staple product for an essential red lip!! It also makes my teeth look super white! BEWARE its a matte moisturizer before it is def one of the most matte lipsticks ive tried If you don't have it your sleeping on it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful red lipstick. It is a real red color not blue or orange based red but like a fire - truck red.
This has a very matte like appearance and I think as a result it is very dry in nature..Applying this without a chapstick is like using a crayon there is no movement. These things are easy to fix though so if you like red lipstick and you want a matte look this is a marvelous lipstick to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by DaisyWoo

This is my favourite lipstick ever. It is just amazing. I wear it far too much, it just sets off any outfit. I love the retro texture and I'm confident that I won't smudge it all over my face by accident (a fear I have with many other lipsticks). I only need to apply this once on a night out, it doesn't transfer to glasses and the colour stays consistent. I have even woken up with it perfectly intact in the morning! Wore it to work once and it lasted all day even through lunch. I prefer this texture to the other mattes in the MAC range. If you're unsure whether to buy it, I would definitely say get it. It's so classy and perfect.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by JuliaGhostX3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick. I think it is literally the perfect matte red lipstick! (That I've tried, at least.) I only have a few issues with it, which is 1. I definitely think it starts to fade after a few hours, and 2. I'm always terrified that the actual lipstick part is just going to break off when I apply it. But other than that, I love this lipstick so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Naama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This would be the ultimate matte true red lipstick, a must have for every makeup lover! I ADORE THIS.
Although the very dry texture, you cannot go wrong with this color. Stays on for a good few hours, gorgeous color, applies nicely without clumping and drying your lips, great quality...
The only downside is the price, we all know MAC is quite expensive.
But if you have some dough, or you want to just treat yourself with something nice and luxury, run to the nearest MAC store to your house and get Ruby Woo right away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ruby Woo's reputation is well-earned. I am an NC 25 or so with yellow undertones and dark hair. This red is excellent. It does not look too orange or too pink. It looks RED like it is supposed to. It is very bright but it is matte so there is no glisten and no sparkle. It can be drying as noted, but exfoliate lips first, apply vaseline, wipe off, then apply RW. This is a classic color and looks professional with a suit and minimal eye makeup or sexy with a dress. I see why this is a popular staple. I give it a 4 because it is matte and so dry. Fashion Fair's Sangria has Ruby Woo beat for texture, smell, and most of all gorgeous color that stays.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by didi23

I love this lipstick. Yes it is drying, but it is supposed to have a retro matte feel to it. If it is way too drying then Russian Red or Absolute power (LE) will be less drying. Either way, it lasts all day. It is a bright in your face red that can be scary, but I make it brown girl friendly by pairing it with MAC chestnut liner, or Nightmoth liner. Either I love it with dark smokey eyes, or winged liner.