Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 4/17/2013 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this mascara! Tried this as a deluxe sample. Doesn't flake at all! This makes my lashes look super long and lots of volume! I will be repurchasing. The only con about this mascara is the price. It's a little expensive.

on 4/16/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Did not care for this mascara at all. Smudges halfway through the day, but at the same time is hard to get off at the end of the day. The length and volume provided by this mascara was short lived. Not worth the price tag, as I have found with many high end mascaras.

on 4/12/2013 9:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Gives a natural look. (What I'm going for.)
Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.
Could be a good mascara if you got good lashes.
It's so easy to wash off. Big plus.

Doesn't separate the lashes well enough. I got really difficult eyelashes, every lash seems to go on its own direction.

on 4/9/2013 12:36:00 PM

LOVE this mascara. I got it as a deluxe size from a clinique counter a year ago and i've been repurchasing it since. i didn't really expect for it to be that good because when i think of clinique, i don't think of awesome mascaras. If you like natural lashes this is good :) I use a little of this in a hurry and it looks great for a natural look. But, I personally like dramatic lashes for an everyday look, and it doesnt give you dramatic lashes without using 2 different mascaras. I use it as a base to seperate and lengthen, and finish with a drugstore volumizing mascara.

on 4/8/2013 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

High Impact is my go-to mascara not because it is amazing, but because I haven't found something better. The price is good enough to make up for the mascara's shortcomings (flaking!). It is a bit watery of a formula, which means you can use a lot before it starts clumping. Compared to other mascaras I've tried, it is nowhere close to an "instant drama" effect. You need to play with it for a while before you get the drama. I like that about it, but some people hate that. After 30 seconds of wiggling, jiggling, etc I end up with my ideal lashes - long, curled, thick, but not fake looking.
The other reason I like this mascara is because it washes off with just water. Not that weird "warm water washoff" thing that Clinique has (which I find results in lost lashes and great irritation...) but I can remove this by dissolving it in warm water with a wash cloth.
It loses a lippie because this mascara gets flaky after a few hours. 99% of mascaras I've tried do this, and personally I'd rather a mascara be easily removable and flaky than rock solid and able to withstand anything. But still, if this mascara didn't flake it would be 5 lippies!

on 4/6/2013 1:50:00 PM

As a mascara this is fabulous! Lengthens, separates & you can build it for a night time look. My only gripe with this is for some reason it's messy and always ends up spilling over the top & can smudge onto your hands if you're not careful. Still love it though wouldn't stop my buying!

on 4/1/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think they should have named this product Soft Impact instead of High Impact, as it is more of a soft and natural finish. If you prefer really dramatic lashes, this mascara may not be the best choice. To me, it's very similar to Full N' Soft, in that it doesn't get all dry and crumbly like lots of mascara. It also leaves lashes looking naturally fuller, but no false-lash effects. I prefer this as a daily use mascara since I don't want to look all crazy at work lol, so I have to say that I like this product. It's very buildable though, if you do want a fuller look.

on 3/29/2013 11:14:00 AM

I have been searching for a replacement mascara after my beloved Max Factor 2000 calorie moved overseas and have been quite pleased with this. I have long, thin lashes and need volume, lift and curl. This mascara provides just that-plus it does not run and removes quite easily. It is on the wet side and I often blink over an extended finger to wipe off excess but it does not clump on me. I was hoping a less expensive drug store brand would work for me, but after trying L'Oreal voluminous waterproof (lacked volume), Maybelline the falsies waterproof (really thick and hard to remove), and CG lashblast fusion (waterproof) (needed several coats) this formula works the best.

on 3/26/2013 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had a sample of this product and the product is horrible. The wand is okay. This mascara is clumpy and make my lashes go down ( I have straight eyelashes ). I was very disappointed and could have found a better mascara in the drugstore. Overall for the bad quality the price is not worth it. I would not recommend this!

on 3/26/2013 5:21:00 PM

I really love this mascara!! it goes on really nicely, stays really well, and provides great length and volume! the price is also good for the quality. i find it to be quite wet and not as thick as most mascaras ive had but this isnt a bad thing its just different!
i have nothing bad to say about this mascara, it is probably my favourite