November 26, 2014 | 1745 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by CordeliaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I never write reviews, but this had to be done. I usually use Diorshow mascara; but sometimes on a student budget it's not the best option. So I went hunting for something that would give me a similar effect. I read reviews online and asked a few sales people at the local department store...and armed with good recommendations, I went and bought this mascara. The first time I tried it on, my eyes started to water immediately. Second time, the same thing..because the formula is so watery, it was very hard to work with to create volume. .. and it definitely clumps easily. Overall, it's terrible and will not purchase again. Thankfully the store I had got it from was nice enough to let me exchange it for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'm not a big mascara girl but for the weekend or a heavier makeup look i obviously do use it. my friend had given me a sample of this mascara and i loved it so i decided to get the full size when i saw it on sale in one of those holiday editions (w makeup bag, all about eyes serum and eyeliner). it holds a curl well, is quite volumizing and separating, fairly lengthening too without clumping. in terms of longevity it's actually really good. i think this must be one of the most long-lasting mascaras i've tried! i'm not saying i couldn't live without this but it's a nice mascara to have!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by starlessartemis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does it's job making my super short eyelashes blacker, thicker and slight longer. However, it clumps easily so I have to wipe the brush with each application. Brush is big so it's hard to curl inner-corner lashes. It isn't waterproof so don't wear it for a wedding. Also, it's not durable; by the end of the day, the particles from the mascara fall down beneath my eyes creating a slight raccoon effect. How's that for high impact? I'd purchase a different one in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by rakk87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My all-time favorite, even after trying TONS of both drug-store brand AND super expensive designer brands. I received this in a GWP from my mom's purchase at Macy's or something... and fell in LOVE. I used every oz. in that tiny trial size, and I will never even TRY another mascara again. I love my lashes, and they are not naturally full or long by any means. With a good curl beforehand, this mascara is a STAPLE in my makeup routine. If I wear no makeup at all on a certain day, I will always at least have on this mascara and a gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice small mascara! Specialises in thickining not length.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

I got this mascara in Clinique's Bonus Time GWP. I have tried a ton of different mascaras in the drugstore because I truly believed that some things aren't worth splurging on....and it's true you can get decent mascara at the drugstore. But! This mascara is on a whole 'nother playing field. First of all the shade (I have) is black and it's a very bold black. I have never tried a black mascara that stands out like this. The brush is lovely and the formula of the mascara is just perfect. The name describes it perfectly...Clinique knocked this one out of the park! The best mascara I have ever used....by far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hopeful but now hopeless.
I had Lasik a few months ago, and soon noticed that my beloved Lancome mascaras were leaving me with red, irritated eyes. It was unfixable; I looked like I was secretly toking up in the company bathroom! And eyeliner just isn't filling the hole left by mascara.
I used to work for Clarins, so I popped into Sears to check with my girls and see what they recommended. Clinique got the short straw - 'it's hypoallergenic, no fragrance, perfect for sensitive eyes. Trust me.'
Le sigh.
The packaging is great. Sturdy, nice green sheen, looks expensive enough. The brush is a thickly bristled thing and scoops up a ton of product. There doesn't seem to be a discernable scent. So far, so good.
I only do one layer traditionally, and that was enough with this mascara. It went on thick and black and left me with thick looking, intense eyelashes. Not terribly natural, but good and black. All good so far.
By mid day my lashes felt heavy and my eyes were getting a bit sore. I starting getting worried. When I went to take it off at bedtime (with an oil cleanser, I am thorough if nothing else), my lashes were stiff and I could knock the mascara off in chunks. Okay. Weird but we're still cooking with gas so far.
This morning...back to the red, sore eyes. No dice. Back to the eyeliner. Bugger.
So, it does get lippies for being a good mascara for most everyone. It is a nice look. Just not for those of us with sensitive eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this mascara in a deluxe sample size with my Sephora order, been using it for about 2 months now. The brush is full making it easy to grab at the root of lashes coating them without MISSING any areas. It does add extreme volume & length. HOWEVER, the formula is so thick you must work with QUICK precision to apply multiple coats BEFORE it dries, otherwise you’ll have a clumpy mess on your hands. Formulation is thick & JET BLACK but it leaves the lashes hard with a matte look that I absolutely hate. A long story short if this were a drugstore mascara I probably would re purchase but definitely won’t be playing $16.00 for it. My L’Oreal Volumious Carbon Black is much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Eliz21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Clinique products often, because I have sensitive skin. I love most Clinique makeup products, except for this High Impact Mascara. As soon as I put a second coat of mascara on my eyelashes it instantly begins to clump and dry, which leaves my lashes looking really weird. I hate clumpy eyelashes. I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ShellBeauty

I really like wearing the clinique high impact mascara. I've tried many different mascaras in the past but I keep coming back to the clinique mascara. I've even gotten 2 compliments this week on my mascara! A lady thought I had false lashes on! I will definately repurchase this mascara again. No clumps. Doesn't smudge. Just volume and length!