NARS Lovejoy

4.4

The perfect bronzey rose shade on my cheeks. I love NARS Blushes to begin with so I am already partial to them...so this review may be biased! =P I am NC30-35 (asian) and this makes my skin glow. Although I think it would look better with summery looks (coppery eyeshadows, bronze eyeshadows and the like), it is definitely wearable year round. One thing I don't like about NARS is their packaging because the rubber is like a shimmer magnet.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I hate hate hate this blush. Yes pretty in pan but damn when I applied this with a skunk brush it looked like someone had just slapped me on the cheeks. Horrible! overhyped and overpriced just like NARS Orgasm. Applied it just seemed muddy and glittery= Glittery Mud on Cheeks= Yuck!
back to Sephora it went.

I bought this in the sephora NARS set with the dolce vita lip gloss. Initially I JUST bought the set for the gloss since it's a gorgeous colour and I dont really like to wear l/p... And continuing... The SA applied this blush really really heavily on my cheeks in the store, another commented it wasn't really right... Being silly I caved in anyway. I kept checking myself in the natural light and it seemed SO muddy and brown! Was congratulating myself on being able to spot a product that wouldn't really work on me till I came back and read the reviews to apply it lightly... I am so glad I took the risk! Most of my blushes are pinkish and peachish and this certainly is a change. It's a beautiful gorgeous rose sheen that makes me look sultry... Well I'd like to think so. I must say it is the most deceiving blush....

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Lovejoy is such a pretty color in the pan, and lovely on many people. On me, however, it is a muddy mess. I don't have particularly cool or warm skin (MAC NW20), but I think that the bronzey-rose is just a little too much for my pale skin, and the shimmer, while lovely, just makes it look like a shimmery, muddy mess on me. The staying power is fine, and it does have a lovely soft texture, but this color does not work on me at all.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

NARS is one of my favorite cosmetics lines and this blush exemplifies exactly why. It is a deep bronzed rose color with shimmer, and it makes my NC40 skin GLOW. This is my HG blush, and though other blushes come and go in my life, this is the one I turn to at the end of the day. I layer it on ontop of NARS Laguna bronzer, and Lovejoy gives that little pink blush of color that you naturally get after spending time in the sun. It lasts all day, and the color you get in the pan is true. It never gives my skin problems, and a little goes a long way. Unlike some other NARS blushes (Orgasm anyone?) this one doesn't need to be layered on to show up. Just a little dusting and I am ready to go. I don't know how this would look on fair skin, but if you are naturally tan this color is perfect. Will always buy again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a golden rose blush. Its like Silvana,or Sertao but with more rose,and its just gorgeous. This is more of an orgasmic color than Orgasm.( I personally hate Orgasm's pale peach look-it lacks the intensity of a real experience! ) If you are darker complected,brown,gold or olive skinned this ought to be the bomb.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

i have a tiny obsession with blushes especially nars. i have sertao which i love for summer, torrid, lovejoy, deep throat, and orgasm. but lovejoy my mom used for a while until i realized i liked it too so i bought it. when i put it on i was like wow, this looks really good even though i didnt think the color would look good on me im used to wearing golden or peach colors cuz i put on a lot of bronzer. this blush made me feel older and sophisticated lol im not joking. i looked more put together. its a sexy color that i think would look good on any complexion, even if you're not used to wearing darker bronzey rose colors.

This is the latest addition to my ever-expanding blush collection and it is PIGMENTED!! I lovingly caressed the powder cake w/ my Trish 2B blush brush, and after one pass over the blush, I then applied it to the apples of my cheeks on up to the temples. I don't know about you, but I felt as though I looked like a cheap stripper or some token drag queen straight off the streets of West Hollywood. Now don't get me wrong...those gold sparklies really make me want to pole grind, but a girl like me gets into enough trouble as it is. I need to behave myself!

I'll need to try this again w/ my 187 brush to see if I looks less like a hooker, but if it fails me again, I'll just forward it on to my pal Rachael Ray.

I am light toned, about NC 20-30 depending on the season. I bought this for use in the summer, to complement my tan-er complexion and it's perfect! I love it because it substitutes bronzer with a gorgeous but natural flush. I think it's more fitting it you have a slight tan, might be too muddy for pink-toned, very rosey skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First off, I love all NARS packaging, so sleek and yummy! I'm really a blush girl and this is one of my favs. It can seem a bit too fushcia-ish and the gold specks are a bit big, but one or two light coats are the PERFECT recreation of running on a treadmill for 20 minutes (because no one actually wants to run!) I've had this case for about 6 months of daily wear and it shows no sign of giving up yet!

Top Rated NARS Products