July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have a tiny obsession with blushes especially nars. i have sertao which i love for summer, torrid, lovejoy, deep throat, and orgasm. but lovejoy my mom used for a while until i realized i liked it too so i bought it. when i put it on i was like wow, this looks really good even though i didnt think the color would look good on me im used to wearing golden or peach colors cuz i put on a lot of bronzer. this blush made me feel older and sophisticated lol im not joking. i looked more put together. its a sexy color that i think would look good on any complexion, even if you're not used to wearing darker bronzey rose colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Tbauer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the latest addition to my ever-expanding blush collection and it is PIGMENTED!! I lovingly caressed the powder cake w/ my Trish 2B blush brush, and after one pass over the blush, I then applied it to the apples of my cheeks on up to the temples. I don't know about you, but I felt as though I looked like a cheap stripper or some token drag queen straight off the streets of West Hollywood. Now don't get me wrong...those gold sparklies really make me want to pole grind, but a girl like me gets into enough trouble as it is. I need to behave myself!

I'll need to try this again w/ my 187 brush to see if I looks less like a hooker, but if it fails me again, I'll just forward it on to my pal Rachael Ray.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

I am light toned, about NC 20-30 depending on the season. I bought this for use in the summer, to complement my tan-er complexion and it's perfect! I love it because it substitutes bronzer with a gorgeous but natural flush. I think it's more fitting it you have a slight tan, might be too muddy for pink-toned, very rosey skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by chibanivani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, I love all NARS packaging, so sleek and yummy! I'm really a blush girl and this is one of my favs. It can seem a bit too fushcia-ish and the gold specks are a bit big, but one or two light coats are the PERFECT recreation of running on a treadmill for 20 minutes (because no one actually wants to run!) I've had this case for about 6 months of daily wear and it shows no sign of giving up yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased Lovejoy because another reviewer mentioned that it's the Orgasm for all the people that Orgasm doesn't show up on (and it really seems to be), and once I tried it at Sephora I instantly fell in love. It complements my NC 45 skin tone very well and doesn't look the least bit chalky or disco like.

In the pan Lovejoy looks a little boring, but once it's on it gives me a very natural blush with a tiny bit of shimmer; it really wakes up my face, and adds just the right amount of color to make me look put together, but not overly made up.

I could go on to rave about how I like wearing this with my Casino bronzer, or how finely milled it is, or how much I like the rubberized compact (it doesn't slip out of my clumsy hands as easily), but then I would just be gushing. So, I'll just end by saying that this is an HG product for me, and I'm not sure that another blush could ever look better on me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovejoy is one of those blushes where I can't decide whether I like it or not. It's deceiving; in the pan it looks bronzey-brown with heavy shimmer but on the skin it looks rosy with very little shimmer. Odd. On my PPP skin it has to be applied with a very light hand (and a skunk brush, I prefer the MAC 188) otherwise it's too muddy and dark. Still, there are times where I really like it, other times not so much. It really depends on what eye and lip combo I'm wearing (neutral eyes with a rosy or pink lipcolor seems to work best). I was lucky enough to swap for it so I'll probably keep it, but it's not one I'm likely to repurchase as I think there are other, more flattering shades out there. As with all NARS blushes it lasts all day and if anything, has more pigment than really necessary so it takes forever to hit pan on one of these babies. The rubbery NARS packaging does bug me as it attracts all kinds of dust (both from the product itself and anything else in a 10-foot radius) so it requires constant cleaning. Not a big deal unless like me, you're a bit fussy about keeping your items clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kristinlia

I bought this based on a comparison on this site to Bobbi Brown Blushed. Blushed I still like better as it is not as gold flecked and heavy. This must be used sparingly or on a tan face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by chickennuggets23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bronzey rose color with a bit of sparkle. Can you say gorgeous? I can. This blush is awesome. I have to say I am a bit biased however. NARS is one of my favorite brands for blushes and this one just reenforces the reason why. It is so pigmented, finely milled, and creamy. I just take my skunk brush and swirl it in the blush and apply to my cheeks. It works extremely well with my warm olive skin. On top of my bronzer this looks amazing. *Little Tip* Apply Orgasm on top of this. It is so pretty like that. Only gripe is the packaging. Well, not the packaging but the material of the packaging. NARS is pretty unique with the little rubbery plastic packaging but it gets dirty so fast with blush dust. I like to keep all my items as clean as possible and I hate wiping these down with baby wipes when I'm done using them. Than again I'm anal and can't stand dusty things so maybe this is just my problem. =D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

This is one of the only NARS blushes I care for. In the pan it looks blah and brown, but on my NW25ish olive skin it looks like a bronzey rose with a little shimmer. I have a hard time with bronzes so I am thrilled that I can wear this. It is super pigmented and I find that like most of the other NARS blushes I've tried, it's kind of hard to blend. That being said I am very happy with my purchase and will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

Hello girls!!!
I do not have it yet, I'm willing to buy it soon. I own 4 NARS blushes (desire, torrid, orgasm and sin and Laguna bronzer) and I love them all.
But I am hesitating between Lancome Subtil shimmering blush in Mocha Havana ($28.50 small brush included),,,, and LOVEJOY($25)....

They look similar.

I've tried Lancome but not Lovejoy.
Nars has a great quality thoug.
U P D A T E : I got it!!!! finally I purchased this beautiful LOVEJOY blush at sephora and it was everything I expected and more. The color is burnt bronze rose with subtle golden shimmer,awesome with a tanned skin, I wear it over my Guerlain #3 terracotta bronzer. I FeeL LikE a GODDES!!!! buy it, buy now ! ! ! I like LOVEJOY better than SIN. Now I think in buying SERTAO (they would pair perfecto, so Sertao (tawny gold)will highlight Lovejoy even better, but it is so pretty by itself.