April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Concealers - Sonia Kashuk - Hidden Agenda Concealer Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by diarrheaslut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

it's official; sonia kashuk can do no wrong in my mind. i love this palette, i love how you can mix & match and find your perfect shade, i love how it's creamy & blendable instead of that horrible runny liquid stuff.
SO, the product--
it's ten bucks at target (i'm not sure where else carries sonia kashuk, i haven't been able to find her anywhere else) and it comes in a very chic white case, with a tiny mirror & two tiny mouse-sized brushes (which i promptly lost. they're just there for the cute factor-- let's face it.) inside there's a light concealer shade, a darker shade, a green-tinted shade, and a setting powder. i use the lighter and the darker concealer mixed together for my undereye area & the green-tined one for around the nose where i get a lot of redness. i get, hands-down, the best coverage i've found in a concealer yet. only thing i'd tell you to skip is the powder that comes with this one - it is very tricky as it can become cakey and settle into fine lines easily. besides that, it's definitely, definitely HG material :D

is it true it's really being discontinued? you realize this means i'm making a frantic crazy-person scramble to target, as soon as they open the doors, right? must. get. back ups.
definitely recommend this product
(: won't be let down.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Paris334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has a decent variety of colors and one light powder to follow up with (or maybe I have no idea what I'm doing with concealers and that's not what the powder is for?!) I find I can get nice coverage by mixing colors. The coverage is excellent but it's pretty heavy. Sometimes that's what you need but if you're not looking for heavy coverage then I think you should look elsewhere. (Or, again - maybe I need a lesson - I'm not too sure what I'm doing with it!) I will say that it will cover ANYTHING! It's great for sun spots for sure - the first thing I've tried that really covers them - I just feel like it's too heavy so I keep messing with it until I've rubbed too much off! I would definitely buy again as I think the heaviness is needed at times. I don't use it unless I really want to cover everything, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by SpecialRed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think overall this product is ok at best. I use this kit to hide the circles under my eyes. It has nice coverage, but it cakes very quickly, especially if you use the setting powder that comes with it. I have dry skin and I know that moisturizing will help, and that's the thing, I do moisturize under my eyes before applying. I don't know if my problem is because I use mineral foundation with this and should avoid putting mineral foundation in that area, or if I need more moisture under my eyes.
Either way I will continue using this product until I find a better concealer. But I would probably not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree that this is hard to blend, I'm not sure how to really warm it up in my hands without putting too much on. It can get cakey and for me the coverage is average. I will probably try something else when this is done. I don't have huge issues but I have under eye circles I want to cover and this just does a so so job.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by tinachief21

this product wasnt really horrible but it was kinda hard to blend. I have some oily and dry spots on my face so it blended ok on the oily spots but it accuenated the dry spots. After reading its reviews it seems u really have to work at blending so ima guna give it a try again...
bottom line: I wil buy it again but juss have to warm it up a bit so it blends. It has good coverage, the dryness only bothered me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by sweetxtrang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This affordable palette of cream concealers has four colors: a light beige color for blemishes, a salmon-colored one for undereye circles or dark areas, a mint green color to neutralize redness, and a setting powder. It also comes with 2 mini brushes: one for the concealers and the other for the powder. The white packaging is sleek and compact with a little mirror for touch ups.

I have found usage for all 4 concealers (not all at once!) and it serves as my go-to concealer palette. The only reason I rated it a 4 is because the concealer does cake a bit under my eyes, thus accentuating the fine lines. I have to focus on moisturizing the under eye area prior to applying the concealer. So I would not recommend this if you have dry complexions. But the colors are great and I use the salmon color under my eyes and the green color around the corners of my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by angiefacee

I love this stuff! The fact that it has 3 different shades makes it very easy to cover any type of spot on your face. It's creamy and easily blended. It doesn't feel heavy on the face either.. very soft and natural. I'm going to buy a new one when i run out:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE (12/2013): 4 years later, and this is still my HG concealer! I've tried numerous low and high end products since my original review, but always come back to this. Being the product junkie that I am, I'll continue testing additional concealers, but this will forever remain in my makeup bag.

*****************************
PICTURES INCLUDED. Please click Continued for full review.

Price: 2, Packaging: 5, Rebuy: yes!

**********MY SKIN**********
C3/C4; MUFE F&B #2; yellow and pink undertones; sensitive, acne-prone, combo

**********PACKAGE DESIGN**********
5/5 for design without a doubt. This sleek, modern white palette is 3.5''L x 2''W x 0.5''H, and fits neatly into cosmetics bags, purses, and even wallets. If this ever fell out of my purse, there is no shame, because it looks like it's worth a million bucks. The palette comes with 4 squares of product. Top left: light neutral concealor, top right: warm beige concealor, bottom left: neutralizing concealor, bottom right: near translucent setting powder. Two mini brushes are provided: a nylon concealor brush and a sable powder brush. There are two eye-size mirrors (both ~1''L). You'll notice the first one immediately when you open the palette; it's at the very top of the palette lid. The second mirror is hidden under the brushes.

**********APPLICATION**********
4/5 First of all, the brushes are *meh*. The powder brush is pretty useless, with its tiny floofy bristles. Granted, it's soft enough on the skin. The concealor brush is better, but the small size limits it to very small portions of my face (i.e. corners of my nose.) I just end up using my own concealor brush when I'm at home, and my fingers when I'm on the go. Dabbing the concealor straight out of the palette and onto problem spots works very well. All of the concealors have a medium softness creme consistency to them, making them easy to dip into with a brush, and easy to blend out on the skin. Achieving even coverage is very feasible. As another reviewer mentioned, if you find the creme a bit hard (esp if you live in cooler climates), just breathe onto the squares and they'll warm up and become easier to work with. The powder is useless for me, because it doesn't work well as a setting powder or a finishing powder. If I apply this over a concealed area, it looks caked on, as opposed to a smoother coverage from the concealor alone. It mattifies for all of half an hour, and then my nose gets shiny again. Basically, the only time I actually use the powder is for an emergency fix up. The color is translucent, but might leave a slight white cast on darker skinned individuals.

Neither of the concealors on the top row match my skin perfectly. The top left one is too pale, and the top right is too warm and orange-y (like a tan gone wrong). The neutralizer is not the typical light green tone you find in most redness concealors. It's a muted green-yellow, and works VERY well on my skin without leaving a green overcast. If I apply too much on my nose, it does comes out looking an odd sallow-pale color. Here's how I use the colors: for severely red pimples, the green concealor alone; for mild redness, the green dabbed with the pale shade; for acne scars, the pale dabbed with the darker shade, depending on how dark the scar is; for under eye circles: the pale shade alone. The coverage is medium, and easily sheered out to lighter coverage via blending, but also able to provide heavier coverage if you dab it into the skin, little by little.

The defining point of this product: you can mix and match colors to suit your skin. There's a 70% chance everyone can find a use out of this. However, the warmness of the top right shade limits the palette's shade mixing for me, because if I dab just a little harder, I get a orange shade that does a poor job of covering. I wished they had toned down the color to a more neutral beige.

**********WEAR**********
5/5 I love, love, love the wear of this product! It actually lasts a full working day for me! That's 8 hours without fading completely. It starts looking a little blotchy by 6 hours in, but that's nothing. And get this: it's waterproof. This stays on throughout a shower, and still looks perfectly applied, which has never happened with both high and low end concealors (and even many liquid foundations!) However, it can budge if you start scrubbing the area with your finger because, remember, this is creme, not liquid. It will also start to melt off if you have extremely oily skin. When my nose gets too oily midday, this wears off quicker. But that's fixed with MOM underneath.

Another huge plus is that I haven't had any breakouts or skin reactions from using this, even when I have it on for a whole day. (When I leave medium-heavy coverage concealors on for a long period of time, I usually get clogged pores.)

**********SUMMARY**********
Because of the fantastic lasting power, versatility of mixing shades (at least I can cover all ranges of scars with this!), and a knockout price of just $10 at Target, I'll purchase this palette til the end of time, or until I find something better. The palette size is travel friendly, and I can get away with just carrying this ONE product for all my concealing purposes. I highly recommend that everyone at least give this product a try! Worst comes to worst, you can swap it away (since a lot of people want this), or return it back to Target. :)

Next to Revlon lipstick for size comparison:

Hope this helped! continued >>

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by priscillawong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thanks to xteeener from YouTube and these reviews on MakeUpAlley, I thought I'd give this Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Kit a try for myself. And let me tell you, this product works really, really well!

I always use the green-tint concealer (bottom left) to cover up the reddish areas around my nose and any new blemishes. My blemishes not completely covered, but Sonia Kashuk does a good job in covering most of them and lightening them to a shade closer to my skin tone. I use the salmon-tint concealer (top right) for my dark under eye circles, depending on how badly I need to cover-up. I layer with the peach-tint concealer (top left), which luckily for me, matches my light skin tone pretty well.

The packaging is cute and convenient. I really like how there's four different shades and two different textures (three creams, one powder) -- all in one! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kittin1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer palette. I use the salmony color mixed with the light color to cover my undereye circles. I use the greenish tinted one to cover my acne (of which I am dealing with more because I have recently changed face cleansers and my skin is getting used to it). This thing is great! Definitely worth my $10!!