July 30, 2014 | 2003 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by LeeanneMarie

Got this as a christmas gift after lemming after it for years. I wasn't disappointed. Let me say, however, I don't wear foundation so I don't know how this works as a setting powder. I have normal skin with a nose that likes to get shiny once in a while. This powder is lovely and I alternate it with one of my normal colored pressed powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

I am a NC35 and a huge fan of this. I have combination skin which leads to oily spots in the summer. This product really saves my life when it's hot and humid out. I don't really use it in the winter though but still recommend for all season for people with oilier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by demella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin and I just love this product. It keeps the shinies away. I am pretty light skinned and went with the medium dark color and it is the perfect color for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by dovely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yep, I see why people love this. Exactly what I needed for my t-zone. I apply during the day with a portable brush, and it keeps me from being too shiny. This is the first face product I have liked by MAC, and I will definately re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this pressed powder. Its translucent, which i like. When i apply this on my oily t-zone, it removes the shine and does NOT add color (unlike other "translucent" pressed powders i've used). I use Studio fix powder foundation, so my foundation shade is still there, but without oiliness. What sucks is that the compact pad is stored right on top of the powder (which i have to replace the pad more often to avoid bacteria contamination). But overall, the powder is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by cinderellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite powder! i use this to set my foundation & it keeps my oily skin under control. im an nc 35 & this shade is perfect for my skin tone. i rarely have to touch-up throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost 2 years now (repurchased many times) and it's wonderful...completely invisible and never looks cakey or 'powdery' on my NC35 skintone - absorbs oil and keeps me matte for a while. I use the Stila Retractible Powder Brush for this in my makeup bag and it's the perfect combo for touchups. I just wish the compact was a little cuter...I'd love a refillable one, although I get to B2M this in the end, which is always nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

this powder is fine and it works great in oil controlling......but i'm more looking for a product with a little bit more coverage and finer texture........i don't know if it's just me...but when i touch the powder on the surface it has a very sandy feeling.....if they would mill it finer i would have been really happy.....
UPDATE: went back to it coz it's the cheapest oil controlling powder out there that actually works......i feel so stupid looking for better texture and more expensive powder that does nothing for my skin.........but instead of medium/dark..........i got medium and it does brighten up my skin and even out my skin tone a bit..........it becomes something that i can't live without.........

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC35 and I find that med-dark is too light and dark is too dark. The simplest solution would be to buy both in loose powders and mix them together but I prefer pressed powders, so I just buy med-dark and apply it underneath my foundation (chanel mat lumiere). dark by itself actually makes me look too tanned. my skin is REALLY oily so I don't expect miracles; but so far, this is the best powder at controlling oiliness. for work, i just wear this powder alone, and i can see dots of oil on my pores by noon, but at least its not an oil slick. I use the puff that comes with the compact but i recommend that you change it whenever you see dark spots because it will start to smell really bad once contaminated with sebum.
[update March 2009] I've probably repurchased this powder a billion times now. MAC has discontinued their loose powder version, so I just buy the compact and grind up the powder using a metal fork and put it into a plastic container with sifter and apply with a big fluffly powder brush!!! I might consider mixing this with mineral makeup for an easy one-step application.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ed100866

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this powder UNDER my powder foundation (StudioFix, NC30). I brush it on with a kabuki brush, then apply my foundation. I find that the combination keeps me shine-free until lunch time. I have pretty shiney skin, so I dont expect miracles - but this product works better than others I have tried and does not irritate, dry out, or break out my skin. I wouldnt wear just this, as there isn't much pigment or coverage to it. The color is also slighly pale-pinky which doesnt match my skin, but under powder foundation, it just soaks up oil & does its job.