July 28, 2014 | 2088 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by flower805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have so much love for this product I don't even know where to start. This takes off my waterproof make-up like nothing else can. And during the harsh Canadian winter when my skin is super dry, this is honestly my saviour. The scent is decent, not something I would rave about, but not something that bothers me. I would (and do) repurchase again and again and again !!

My routine:
1) Apply a thin layer of Pond's, leave it on for 10 minutes while getting ready for bed/surfing the net/showering/etc. (I really like the showering thing because the steam opens my pores).
2) Dampen a cotton pad with warm water, and gently wipe off.
And just like that, ALL my make up (foundation, mascara, eyeliner, EVERYTHING) is gone! Don't even need to use additional make-up remover. And my face stays hydrated :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I THINK I like this. I am super picky about my skincare, and to be honest, a bit obsessed with it. I have combination-dry skin, with acne prone chin and forehead. I always have a couple zits on my face. I wear Neutrogena's Healthy Skin foundation every day, so I need something to take it off. This works beautifully for face makeup (I prefer a separate eye makeup remover), and takes off every little bit. I massage on a dry face, and wash it off with Johnson's Baby Wash.
Pros:
-moisturizing
-scent doesn't irritate
-takes off all makeup
Cons:
-I think this might've broken me out. This is a suspect, I'm still trying to figure it out, but I hope it wasn't because I have found no other cheap face makeup removers. :/ I purchased another jar, but I'm hesitant to use it, and may return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by c_forever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard of the cold cream cleansing method for years but just couldn't imagine washing my face with an oily cream. I have hormonal acne around my chin area and over the years my skin changed from oily to extremly dry (early 30's). A lot of online research made me realize that I may have been over doing it with the acne cleansers and soap cleansers, so I gave this a shot expecting to break out but much to my surprise nothing! This didn't trigger any acne. I still get my usual hormonal monthly breakouts but this definitely doesn't make it worse. I love how it makes my skin feel moisturized after I use it and how cheap it is ($6.00 @ Shoppers in Canada).

I rub this into my face in the evenings and wipe off with a warm wet washcloth, repeat if I'm wearing a lot of makeup, and then apply a moisturizer. Honestly belive this has made a huge difference in my problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by buden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cold cream! I bought the rite aid brand before they switched their formulas. I have eleven containers of the Original Ponds Cold Cream Formula, Rite Aid Brand containing: Mineral Oil, Water, Beeswax, Ceresin, Sodium Borate, Fragrance, Carbomer. Get this while you can because even all the dupes (including CVS and Rite Aid) have changed the formulas. Get the classic, original cold cream! I am willing to break up the eleven containers into lots of five,six etc, if preferred. Check out my swaps.

<3 Happy cleansing!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by gwill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a simple moisturizer for everyday use, prefer something more natural and targeted to a specific concern of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sherryclinaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading some of the reviews here about a year ago, I decided to give it a try, WOW!!! I have mature, dry, sensitive skin,that still breaks out every now and then. I use this to remove my makeup, I apply and then wipe off with baby washcloths in the shower, as they are nice and soft on my face, I have never used anything so gentle and thourough, I will also use as a moisturizer some nights. This is by far better than a lot of the high end makeup removers. A must try .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really in love with this Ponds product! I bought it because I was researching vintage/retro products and Ponds came up. It has been around forever and ever and so I started asking some of the elderly women I work with (nursing home setting) about Ponds and they all talked so fondly of it and honestly, for their age, had great skin!

So, I bought two jars when it was BOGO free at CVS and I am so glad I did. I use it in two different ways. One is as a makeup remover (this removes makeup like I have never seen before, including eye makeup)- I just apply a layer, let it sit, and gently towel it off. The skin is so soft. You can go right to bed.

The second way I use it is as a moisturizer. All of the ladies said they used it that way and I read online that it was a common practice (still is) so I tried and man-- this seriously beats all of the high end stuff I have bought (Murad, Juice Beauty, even drugstore like Olay). I put it on just like a regular lotion and when I wake up, I have the ultimate baby soft skin!! It is really amazing to me!

EDIT: I have begun using this a 3rd way, which is I rub it all over my face as you normally would to remove makeup up (including eyes) but then instead of toweling off, I rinse it off with water. The results are amazing!! This is now primarily how I use it. If you feel like there is a oily residue from just toweling off, this takes care of it and leaves your skin sooooo smooth and soft!

I have no break outs and actually, I find that it clears up my skin and even has faded some spots.

I highly recommend to at least try this product. If you don't like it, you can use it as a body or foot lotion. The scent is outstanding!

Also, the original one is the best one in my opinion. I also bought the cucumber one and although the scent is great, it is just not the same. I liked it enough to keep it, but it really has nothing on the original! I also bought the CVS brand (I was on a kick after I tried it) and it also is not the same. Stick with the original Ponds and you will be pleased.

I actually think the price is a little bit high for drug store but you get a big tub and don't need a lot. I have hardly made a dent.

I am so pleased with this and enjoy the connection with older generations, too! Sometimes the tried and true product is really the best for a reason!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by mcw91089

I'm 23 years old and have been struggling with acne ever since I was 16. I have tried probably everything to get my skin clear. Cleaned up my diet, I drink a lot of water, taken vitamins that are supposed to be good for skin, i've tried probably every drug store cleanser they have to offer, tried proactiv, tried murad, and several other expensive cleansers from places like sephora because I figured since they're more expensive they will probably work better. I've read review after review of people saying "I've tried everything & i'm so happy this worked!" and getting so hopeful that I was going to be one of those people, only to be let down, again! I understand every person is different & what works for some might not work for others. But. This product, is my savior. I got so fed up with all the products I had been using & finally just came to makeup alley & saw that this product had a lot of reviews and a pretty high percentage of people who would buy it again. I was thinking, no way will this work, it's basically a make up remover... after all my years of cleanser searching it felt so weird to try something that didn't promise any sort of treatment or preventing of breakouts. But I said screw it, the worst that could happen is i'd break out, and that happens anyways so whatever! I waited nearly two months to write this review because I wanted to make sure my cleared up skin wasn't just a fluke. Now, I still have some pimples, but SO few, and the ones I do, are easily covered up by make up. & they're smaller and go away so much faster than they used to. My skin was also always very dry, and now it's not. I don't even have to put lotion on my face before I apply make up. Like I said, my skin isn't completely clear, but it's the closest to clear i've been since I was 15 years old. So i'll take it!!

I always liked when people put their routine in their review, so, here is mine:

-I wash my face when I wake up and before I go to bed.
-Unfortunately this cream is in a weird container, I feel like it's unsanitary to keep scooping it out with your hands, so make sure to wash your hands before you do this
-Use a clean wash cloth every time!

1. I wet my face with warm water (not necessary, but I like to do it-makes me think i'm opening pores haha, old habits die hard I guess) then dab my face with a towel because the cream doesn't go on well when your face is wet.
2. Put the cream on, then wait anywhere from 1-5 minutes. Usually i'll put it on then go do something, like get ready for bed, make coffee, whatever. I've read some people have left it on for longer, I wouldn't be opposed to trying this, I just haven't.
3. I take a washcloth and wet it with warm-hot water. I wipe my face off in sections and make sure to use a clean part of the wash cloth for each part. Otherwise I just feel like i'm wiping the "dirty" part around on my clean face. Not sure if that makes sense: like the corner of the washcloth for the left side of my chin, another corner for my ride side, another for my left cheek, another for my right, the middle section of the washcloth for my nose, etc etc etc.
4. Finally I rinse my face with warm water & pat my face dry with a towel.
5. Like I mentioned before I hardly need lotion anymore, but I do put a little bit on. I use Cetaphil daily moisturizing lotion. Just a small bit on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. Very small though.

I know this is a lot, but I really, really love this product & I want whoever has felt as miserable as me because of their skin to try this and hopefully it will be their search will be over!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MonBao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use Ponds' cold cream cleanser as a makeup remover. It removes the eye makeups very well including the waterproof formulas. However, it feels very greasy on the face, and I usually use a towel to rub the greasy feelings off, or use another facial cleanser afterwards. The packaging is nothing extraordinary, and it is affordable in the drug stores for $7-$8 for a decent amount. I would have given this product a 5 rating if it weren't for the parabens, and I would not repurchase the product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by JordanRene

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is as wonderful as they say when it comes to removing all traces of makeup, but unfortunately, I won't be using it because of the nasty, unnecessary chemicals they've added. I thought I could bare with it, and I still occasionally use what I have left, but I've found that olive oil works just as well, if not better, and without the nasty chemicals.

If ponds went back to their original formula, I would most definitely start buying it again, but until then, there's olive oil, and many small businesses that sell all natural cold cream for a fair price.