September 20, 2014 | 1174 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by TubbyPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an old-school classic....and I mean as in my Grandma has used it forever (and her skin is fabulous). I finally gave it a try, and am pleasantly surprised how well it cleaned my face. I think for those who say it's too greasy need to do as I learned: wipe your face off with a warm slightly wet washcloth; this removes all the excess and leaves the skin soft and moisturized. Overall, I like it and will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Ndeva600

I was on the hunt for a new skincare routine because of recent breakouts and came across this cold cream. I did some research and was skeptical about everyone's comments about how oily it left their skin but I thought i'd try it. It works amazing and has helped in clearing my acne and has made my skin smoother! I don't experience the oily residue that everyone is talking about however I do use a damp, warm towel to wipe off the cold creme so this might be why? I also do not moisturize afterwards as I feel like it moisturizes my skin enough that I don't need to! You also can't beat the price, $6 at Target.

The only concern I have is that it doesn't come in a pump ... So I have to make sure I thoroughly wash my hands before scooping it out of the container. Other then that, I would recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Swiss1

I tried this years ago and was tempted back by positive comments on MUA. I slapped it on, massaged in and left it for about 5 minutes then tissued it off, followed by toner. It feels very greasy when you put it on and although my face did seem a smoother and moisturised after I have used it, I felt I needed quite a lot of toner after I had tissued it off in order to feel clean, which almost defeated the purpose. So I won't be buying it again when I've finished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is a classic. I like the convenience of cloths, but I have never found a makeup removing cloth that gets as deep as this stuff does. I like to use it every few days just to make sure I am getting everything off. It has a nice, pleasant smell too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by rheannx

I just got the product today. Now I know you wanna wait at least a few days before judging, but this product is the bomb! My face became extremely dry when I used Clean&Clear Continuous Control with the 10% Bp for a week. It cleared my skin, besides scars, but dried it out more than my skin already was. My current moisturizer was not cutting it. I did some research and asked my mom on her opinion, and I immediately purchased Ponds cold cream cleanser! My mom had told me she used it when she was younger, and loved it, but regrets no longer using it. First time using it as a cleanser, I fell in love! My face was almost as smooth as it was before I began the C&C cleanser, and no greasy residue was left over and my pores looked smaller! I just dabbed a little on my face and massaged it in, and then wiped off with a warm, clean wash cloth. I definitely recommend this, and I hope my skin gets better with this product over time!! (:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by jackiejang822

I was running out of my Mary Kay Gentle Cleanser and wanted to try something new and non-expensive. I came across this cleaner after reading the reviews here so I thought I give it a try tonight. I applied a generous layer of the Ponds cream cleanser over my entire face and over my waterproof mascara. After waiting about 1-2 minutes I got into the shower and rinsed/rubbed off the cream with my hands. First off, this cleanser left my face feeling greasy which is a big NO. Second, when I got out of the shower and looked myself in the mirror, I had panda eyes from my waterproof mascara so that was FALSE advertisement on the packaging. Third, I thought give it a test by cleaning half of my face with a cotton ball damped with toner. As I expected, I ended up with a cotton ball full of left over dirt/makeup that this cleanser did not pick up. I reapplied the cream cleanser a second time then using a wet warm towel to clean it. I gave it a second test with the cotton ball damped with my toner, and of corse, there was still a little dirt left after using this product TWICE! That's a double FAIL. I'm sorry, I will be returning to my Clarisonic+Mary Kay Gentle Cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by bluelikeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have sensitive, dry skin in my T-zone. I also have tried many skin cleansing products. Most left my skin too dry, some irritated my skin and others were unremarkable. I've purchased moderately expensive cleansers ($30+) and this works just as well as those products. I found that it was odd to use at first, as I thought the "greasy" feeling meant that the product was still slathered all over my face. But I let my face dry and then it was soft and perfectly moisturized and the greasy feeling had disappeared. I love the price and the way it seems to balance out my skin so well. I find it a bit time-consuming to use however, as the instructions say to rinse off with a warm wash cloth and I find I have to rinse out the wash cloth a few times in order to properly remove the product fully. The scent may bother some people. The packaging requires that you stick your fingers into a tub of the product, so it can be a bit messy. I've used it to remove my eye makeup as well and it was great at that, but unless I washed my eyes again afterwards I've found that product residue can get into my eyes and cause blurriness and mild irritation afterwards. Great product and so much better than I had expected!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

My grandma actually introduced my to this product and she absolutely swears by it for soft moisturized skin. I use this cold cream at night time after washing and exfoliating and it tightens my skin and keeps it very supple until the next day. I started noticing a difference about 2 weeks into using it. I still use other moisturizers, but save this one when my skin really needs a deep hydration.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It takes off my makeup pretty well and I usually use it on the shower but I don't like having to use a paper towel to wipe it off when I don't use it in the shower. It has a kind of greasy feeling too, so eh.

UPDATE
I only use this when I'm also in the shower. It actually is an amazing makeup remover. It literally takes everything off, even the waterproof mascaras that I usually struggle with.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Wongbat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely incredible. I have very dry and sensitive skin. My skin was doing fine until I tried an exfoliator that turned out to be too harsh. My nose/ cheeks broke out in an unsightly rash that looked horrible under makeup, and was furthermore irritated when I removed my foundation. I tried the "hydradrew mask" from Skoah ($40). It didn't help the irritation, but it did stop it from getting MORE irritated. I then tried the Pond's cold cream. Holy shit, I wasn't expecting it to be THIS good. It has done wonders to the inflammation, and I could already see a dramatic difference within an hour after application. And for $11 it is amazing value for money. I would have no problem paying $40-50 for it.

I highly HIGHLY recommend for dry sensitive skin and rashes. Give it a try and if it doesn't work on your rash, at least it's still a great moisturizer!!