September 1, 2014 | 1955 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by jackiejang822

I was running out of my Mary Kay Gentle Cleanser and wanted to try something new and non-expensive. I came across this cleaner after reading the reviews here so I thought I give it a try tonight. I applied a generous layer of the Ponds cream cleanser over my entire face and over my waterproof mascara. After waiting about 1-2 minutes I got into the shower and rinsed/rubbed off the cream with my hands. First off, this cleanser left my face feeling greasy which is a big NO. Second, when I got out of the shower and looked myself in the mirror, I had panda eyes from my waterproof mascara so that was FALSE advertisement on the packaging. Third, I thought give it a test by cleaning half of my face with a cotton ball damped with toner. As I expected, I ended up with a cotton ball full of left over dirt/makeup that this cleanser did not pick up. I reapplied the cream cleanser a second time then using a wet warm towel to clean it. I gave it a second test with the cotton ball damped with my toner, and of corse, there was still a little dirt left after using this product TWICE! That's a double FAIL. I'm sorry, I will be returning to my Clarisonic+Mary Kay Gentle Cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by bluelikeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have sensitive, dry skin in my T-zone. I also have tried many skin cleansing products. Most left my skin too dry, some irritated my skin and others were unremarkable. I've purchased moderately expensive cleansers ($30+) and this works just as well as those products. I found that it was odd to use at first, as I thought the "greasy" feeling meant that the product was still slathered all over my face. But I let my face dry and then it was soft and perfectly moisturized and the greasy feeling had disappeared. I love the price and the way it seems to balance out my skin so well. I find it a bit time-consuming to use however, as the instructions say to rinse off with a warm wash cloth and I find I have to rinse out the wash cloth a few times in order to properly remove the product fully. The scent may bother some people. The packaging requires that you stick your fingers into a tub of the product, so it can be a bit messy. I've used it to remove my eye makeup as well and it was great at that, but unless I washed my eyes again afterwards I've found that product residue can get into my eyes and cause blurriness and mild irritation afterwards. Great product and so much better than I had expected!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

My grandma actually introduced my to this product and she absolutely swears by it for soft moisturized skin. I use this cold cream at night time after washing and exfoliating and it tightens my skin and keeps it very supple until the next day. I started noticing a difference about 2 weeks into using it. I still use other moisturizers, but save this one when my skin really needs a deep hydration.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It takes off my makeup pretty well and I usually use it on the shower but I don't like having to use a paper towel to wipe it off when I don't use it in the shower. It has a kind of greasy feeling too, so eh.

UPDATE
I only use this when I'm also in the shower. It actually is an amazing makeup remover. It literally takes everything off, even the waterproof mascaras that I usually struggle with.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Wongbat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely incredible. I have very dry and sensitive skin. My skin was doing fine until I tried an exfoliator that turned out to be too harsh. My nose/ cheeks broke out in an unsightly rash that looked horrible under makeup, and was furthermore irritated when I removed my foundation. I tried the "hydradrew mask" from Skoah ($40). It didn't help the irritation, but it did stop it from getting MORE irritated. I then tried the Pond's cold cream. Holy shit, I wasn't expecting it to be THIS good. It has done wonders to the inflammation, and I could already see a dramatic difference within an hour after application. And for $11 it is amazing value for money. I would have no problem paying $40-50 for it.

I highly HIGHLY recommend for dry sensitive skin and rashes. Give it a try and if it doesn't work on your rash, at least it's still a great moisturizer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by flower805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have so much love for this product I don't even know where to start. This takes off my waterproof make-up like nothing else can. And during the harsh Canadian winter when my skin is super dry, this is honestly my saviour. The scent is decent, not something I would rave about, but not something that bothers me. I would (and do) repurchase again and again and again !!

My routine:
1) Apply a thin layer of Pond's, leave it on for 10 minutes while getting ready for bed/surfing the net/showering/etc. (I really like the showering thing because the steam opens my pores).
2) Dampen a cotton pad with warm water, and gently wipe off.
And just like that, ALL my make up (foundation, mascara, eyeliner, EVERYTHING) is gone! Don't even need to use additional make-up remover. And my face stays hydrated :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I THINK I like this. I am super picky about my skincare, and to be honest, a bit obsessed with it. I have combination-dry skin, with acne prone chin and forehead. I always have a couple zits on my face. I wear Neutrogena's Healthy Skin foundation every day, so I need something to take it off. This works beautifully for face makeup (I prefer a separate eye makeup remover), and takes off every little bit. I massage on a dry face, and wash it off with Johnson's Baby Wash.
Pros:
-moisturizing
-scent doesn't irritate
-takes off all makeup
Cons:
-I think this might've broken me out. This is a suspect, I'm still trying to figure it out, but I hope it wasn't because I have found no other cheap face makeup removers. :/ I purchased another jar, but I'm hesitant to use it, and may return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by c_forever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard of the cold cream cleansing method for years but just couldn't imagine washing my face with an oily cream. I have hormonal acne around my chin area and over the years my skin changed from oily to extremly dry (early 30's). A lot of online research made me realize that I may have been over doing it with the acne cleansers and soap cleansers, so I gave this a shot expecting to break out but much to my surprise nothing! This didn't trigger any acne. I still get my usual hormonal monthly breakouts but this definitely doesn't make it worse. I love how it makes my skin feel moisturized after I use it and how cheap it is ($6.00 @ Shoppers in Canada).

I rub this into my face in the evenings and wipe off with a warm wet washcloth, repeat if I'm wearing a lot of makeup, and then apply a moisturizer. Honestly belive this has made a huge difference in my problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by buden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cold cream! I bought the rite aid brand before they switched their formulas. I have eleven containers of the Original Ponds Cold Cream Formula, Rite Aid Brand containing: Mineral Oil, Water, Beeswax, Ceresin, Sodium Borate, Fragrance, Carbomer. Get this while you can because even all the dupes (including CVS and Rite Aid) have changed the formulas. Get the classic, original cold cream! I am willing to break up the eleven containers into lots of five,six etc, if preferred. Check out my swaps.

<3 Happy cleansing!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by gwill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a simple moisturizer for everyday use, prefer something more natural and targeted to a specific concern of mine.