Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 11/11/2012 12:22:00 PM

Will I repurchase? Yes. I have already 5 times--of the big bottles. This cleanser is hands down, the greatest for my skin. It isn't drying, nor stripping, nor acne causing. It has helped with my blackheads, I believe, although I'm not 100% sure to this day.

Strolling along in Walmart, I was venturing out for a new cleanser many moons ago. I had tried everything by Clean and Clear (which I don't recommend), I had tried Neutrogena (which I definitely don't recommend), and Phisoderm (great for oily skin, however not for me.), Dove soap (great for a while, but caused blackheads and oilyness), Aveeno (nice but too fragrant), the list goes on and on.

I was searching for CeraVe foaming cleanser, but unfortunately we do not have it here in Canada. So gazing upon all of the cleansers, which I had tried and had failed me, I picked up Cetaphil thinking "this won't work, but I'll try it I guess". Yep, it worked.

It leaves my face so clean and smooth. I love it.

on 11/3/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This went down much in the same way as the Cerave counterpart... Irritating, and caused acne.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this cleanser! I've used this for years and years and it never fails me! Most reviewers on here say that they hate the scent but I actually prefer this scent over most fragranced cleansers. It's a very clean, almost powdery scent that it a little reminiscent of Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. I've used this cleanser as a body wash but I have found it to be a touch too drying and I will alternate using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser when my skin gets a little dry. I use 2 pumps in the evening to take off my makeup and I've found that it removes all my eye makeup really well, including mascara! I'm also convinced that although there's no acne medication in the cleanser, I've found that it really clears up my blackheads and hormonal breakouts :)

on 10/29/2012 12:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this cleanser! My dermatologist (who is actually a critically acclaimed dermatologist in NJ) recommended this product to me for years. I have combination acne prone skin. This cleanser is great for reducing redness, oil and dryness. It goes with many skin care routines and provides a nice base for moisturizers. f you use it for months, you will also obtain a nice glow to your skin. My dermatologist told me she recommends this product for almost all skin types. It is extremely gentle. The versatility of this product alone has caused me to give it a high rating of 4 stars. I would give it the full 5, but I dislike the smell of it, and the price has slightly increased.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros -
- Keeps sensitive and breakout prone skin clear
- does not irritate skin

Cons
- as silly as it sounds, Cetaphil is not the most exciting product to try. I keep wanting to try out other products, but always come back to this. I really is an HG cleanser

Good for
- Everyone. Especially those with sensitive skin that want to maintain a relatively clear skin

on 10/20/2012 12:18:00 PM

The scent was very strong, and it just didn't do anything for my oily/acne-prone skin. I actually felt greasier after using it, and I would wake up in the morning with greasy skin. It does seem to be very gentle, but it is just not for me.

on 10/18/2012 3:45:00 AM

Horrible for skin!! I used both facial cleanser and moisturizer and broke me out all over. My face was all red with bumps STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

on 10/16/2012 11:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a basic cleanser and I like it overall. Sometimes I feel like it leaves oil on my face but I can deal with that. I don't know if it removes foundation but it removes most of my eyeshadows while being gentle

on 10/16/2012 1:46:00 AM

I finally figured out that the other cleansers/astringent combos I was using were too harsh and just too much for my skin. Instead of doing as they claimed, they threw my skin into fits! I changed my routine to a "back to basics" (sort of) one. I like that this cleanser does clean without stripping my face of all its moisture, leaving the skin feeling tight and uncomfortable. Some have said it doesn't remove their makeup, and I will agree to that...but I use this knowing that..so I remove my makeup first with a removing cloth or wash once to remove makeup and then again to cleanse the skin. And I always follow up with a cottonball that has a mixture of water & a few drops of pure tea tree oil (sometimes a different astringent, depending on the day/condition of my skin with weather, etc.). Lastly, I apply the Cetaphil Daily facial Moisturizer w/SPF 15 for all skin types. My skin has looked and felt the best it has in a very, very long time. It doesn't feel tight after washing, just fresh. It doesn't have extra stuff in it with claims of fighting blemishes or anything (as many other washes I was using does)...which I have learned is doing nothing but causing more trouble than its worth. The scent is familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. It doesn't bother me, though. It is a gel consistency. Some have mentioned the pump not working properly (squirting straight out unless hand cups pump or squirting from the sides where product shouldn't come out, etc.) ...I have not noticed this at all with mine. Mine pumps 100% fine & normal... I purchased my bottle at Target for $8.99 (if I remember correctly), and it is the large bottle....I think 16 oz. (I don't have bottle infront of me at the moment). I will most certainly be repurchasing this product...I adore what it has done for my skin.

on 10/14/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I don't get it. My skin feels cleaner with just water. I can't see how this could remove makeup at all. I've tried this as a morning face wash when my skin is makeup free and I really didn't feel it did much of anything. Am I missing something?

Video Reviews & Tutorials