July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

I'm not easily impressed by foundations. Here's why:

1. I'm SUPER pale;
2. I hate touching up throughout the day; and
3. My t-zone gets greasy after about an hour.

Double Wear somehow combats all of these issues.

I do not have to touch up once in my eight-and-a-half-hour working day. I repeat: ZERO touch-ups. That is the most unbelievable thing for me! My skin stays matte forever!

I can't tell you guys how happy I am to have found Double Wear. I was always hesitant to try it because I thought it'd be way too heavy; fortunately it is easily blended out with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

I encourage you to give this a go, I believe the trick to getting it right is being light-handed. My shade is Cool Bone 1C1, for reference. An alternative to Double Wear which I also love is Stila Stay All Day Foundation (comes with its own concealer, too).

EDIT: SO devastated - EL have recently changed their formulation of this product and it is now WAY too yellow for me. SIGH. Sometimes things can be too good to be true (for long).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I purchased this product (with SPF 10) because I was looking for a semi-matte foundation for my combination skin. I was using Clinique's Anti-blemish Foundation in Fresh Ivory which I have loved using for a long time but I recently felt that it is too matte and ashy looking on me, so I wanted to try a new foundation. I had read great reviews on this product, so I purchased shade 2N1 (Desert Beige) for my fair-to-medium, NC20 complexion. Originally, I was going to get Pure Beige but I was advised against this by a makeup artist because it is similar but slightly pinker than Desert Beige, and I avoid pink foundations because they have a tendency to look ashy/ruddy on me.

Desert Beige is the perfect shade for me: it is neither too neutral nor warm. There is enough warmth (yellow) to cover redness without making me look orange/brown. The colour doesn't change at all with wear. Another great thing about this product is that my T-zone doesn't look oily at the end of the day, and there is not a lot of change in how it looks from when you first apply it in the morning to when you remove it at night.

The finish is medium to full but doesn't look caked on. When first applied, it looks dewy but dries to a semi-matte finish. I think the coverage is excellent and especially suited to people with redness, acne, scarring, etc. It would also suit mature complexions because it doesn't sit in wrinkles and pores.

There are a couple of downsides. One is that it doesn't come with a pump, so pouring the product on to my hand can feel unhygienic and messy. However, I've read that a MAC foundation pump fits on this bottle, so I will probably try this.

The other downside is that it is difficult to remove. I've tried cleansing with exfoliants and products containing AHAs but even after washing my face thoroughly, a thin film of product remains on my face. I haven't worked out how to remove it comletely.

Overall, I think this is an excellent product. I love how it provides excellent colour and coverage without making me look unnatural. I will probably purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by iepiep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading so much bad reviews about the new reformulated Estée Lauder double wear with no SPF in it. I faster set off to my departmental store and is glad that they are still selling the old formulation in my country. I faster purchase a backup, just in case they change everything to the new formulation.

I love the double wear foundation as I have super oily face. Even if my face is oily, it's still look polished wearing it.. This is what I like about the double wear. I hope they will change back to the old formulation since the new formulation has so many negative feedbacks.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ToniTiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved the old formula with SPF, not a fan of the new stuff doesnt wear nearly as long and colors changed too if it ain't broke don't fix it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this foundation in the new, non-spf, formula. I have never used the old formula, but I love how this goes on my skin and it's easy to apply with a synthetic brush (fav. is sigma F80). I use the color 2N1 on my NC 25-30 skin tone. Excellent coverage and staying power, and it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. I hate the fact it doesn't have a pump, but I put a mac foundation pump on it and it works perfect. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by DollymixMe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite foundations! I have gone through a lot of shades to get my perfect match as there's so many.. Some too pink some too yellow but finally 1n2 seems to be the one! This foundation has to be the best for coverage and staying power it just doesn't come off!! I love it! The only negatives I have for this foundation is the packaging a little pump would go well, the next one is the fact that it doesn't look great on photos due to the SPF in it, this is the main reason I won't use it on brides :( shame as its so long lasting. I do love this product though it'll always be a classic in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Umstael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing full cover foundation that covers a multitude of sins (acne scarring pigmentation issues). I am a strange colour (fair but very yellow toned) and this is a perfect match. It lasts all day and stays looking lovely, doesn't excentuate my dry flaky patches at all. LOVE THIS

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and love this foundation. I moisturize very well before I use it but since I've gotten it I've worn the heck out of it. It has great coverage, sets very quickly and stays looking fabulous all day. I also bought the concealer and it dries super fast.. I still love my Eve Pearl better than the Double Wear concealer but I imagine for the summer months the DW will serve me well.... Never tried the old formulation, still impressed with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by itsarock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love double wear (even after their recent reformulation)! It's one of the very best stay in place foundations for combination-oily skin. It doesn't streak or run once it's been applied and the color range is amazing! I feel that for my pink undertone skin, the natural really evens me out. It creates a flawless finish without being over done or unnatural. The foundation doesn't change colors in the sun and it does contain a very light spf. I love that you can wear this foundation all day long and it really does stay! It wont rub off on to your clothing once you've allowed it to dry and if you touch your face you won't come away with a makeup-y feeling on your hands.

The only downside to this foundation is do not take photos with it! The flash does horrors to this foundation and completely whites you out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG!!!! at first buy i thought this was just okay because i got the wrong shade, Tawny turns orangey on my nc25 skin so by the end of the day my face look darker and cakey, not nice for daily wear. I went back to revlon colorstay because i thought they were almost the same but omg revlon actually changed the formula :( it used to look good on me but the new formula look so greasy, my pores look huge and couldn't keep my oil at bay. I was so disappointed so i decided to get double wear again, this time i got Sand because it's more yellow and lighter than Tawny. I recommend Sand rather than Tawny for people with light yellow-tonned skin. And by the way, i was so SHOCKED because the price has increased! It used to be $38 but now it's $42. The sales assistant said the price has changed since few days ago, it also happened to MAC produts. I don't know if that also happens to another country, i live in indonesia btw.
With that money i spent i wished it would be worth it and i'm so glad it did. The color Sand fits me right, at first it would look lighter than my actual skin but after some time it oxidizes and matched my skin perfectly. It's really important to get the right shade because i find that the result is not cakey than when i got the wrong color. Don't rely on the sales assistant.
The coverage is amazing. Medium to full. I have many acne scars and it hides them well even though i have to use concealer for minor scars. It also fill in my pores make them invisible. I have dry patches (from acne treatment) and the foundation doesn't look really nice on top of dry patches, but it happens with every foundation so really it's just my skin. Moisturizer really helps with this.
I apply it with mac stippling brush, and with my finger for nose area. I have a hard time blending every foundation on my nose i dunno why.
If you have oily skin like me you might consider using primer first. I used it without primer once (i actually forgot to apply the primer :p) and my nose became really oily after like 4 or 5 hours. With primer it's not that bad. But i really wish it can hold up to my oily skin longer though.
It doesn't transfer, water-resistant, and doesn't slide off, good for oily people. The smell is not strong.
The formula is non acnegenic which is good with people like me, with skin that is prone to breakouts. It's full coverage but doesn't clog pores so you don't have to worry but still have to washed throughly because it's water resistant so it's hard to come off with just liquid cleanser.
Really recommend this :) worth the try