L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This stuff is great! I don't have curly or frizzy hair, but it is coarse and prone to flyaways (I'm Asian). Also, I live near the beach so the sun and air combined w/ hard water seem to suck all the shine and moisture out of it. One pump is enough for my past-the-shoulders length to make my hair smooth and soft. Additionally, I love that to lock the pump top all you need to do is turn it to the side instead of pushing it down (wasting product) and then turning it. I was previously using Garnier's Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum, but prefer this product. Firstly b/c the slim packaging makes it easier to stow in my medicine cabinet and take along on trips if needed. Lastly b/c it is MUCH lighter in scent and is a pleasant fruity perfume type. It reminds me of Laura Biagiotti's Laura perfume, actually.Note: I rarely use a blowdryer. I'll usually apply the serum when my hair's damp and let it airdry. Works fine--no greasiness. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have relaxed and colored hair and I love this product!!! I put it on after I blowdry my hair, before I flat iron it, and I always get excellent results. My hair looks so much better now, straighter, and a bit shinier. I don't have to worry about moisture in the air after rain, because this will keep my hair from frizzing. I keep buying more bottles.

Not the miracle in a bottle I was hoping for. When I would apply this to wet hair before drying, as directed, my hair would turn out flat and limp. It did a little bit better on dry hair, but did not totally eliminate frizz. Although it's an OK product, I'm still searching for my HG frizz control serum/or cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a fairly decent anti-frizz serum. I like it better than John Frieda's because it isn't super sticky and is a few dollars cheaper as well. When I put this in my damp hair, mixed with a little TiGi Superstar and blow dry, my hair looks amazing. Thick and full from the Superstar and frizz free and smooth from the L'Oreal. However, if I put it in my hair and just air dry, I find I need to add some kind of finishing spray to get the last line of frizz around the crown of my head. I would buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

product is discontinued. EMAIL ME at j2blue@hotmail.com if you have any and I will buy it! I can't believe they quit making this product. Almost the highest rated product on makeupalley

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely the best heat protectant one can buy at lowend/drugstore cheap prices. I hate the orange packaging, which put me off from trying it for so long, but let me just say, "This ranks way up there with my holy grail Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum." The only difference is the smell. I wish L'oreal's serum smelled better, but hey - for the price - this stuff is awesome. It's light-weight, doesn't build up or feel heavy or coating, a little goes a long way, and it really does protect my hair from getting damage from my flat iron. Works in wet or dry hair. This stuff lives up the the hype! It keeps my hair from curling up or frizzing in Hawaii's high humidity. This L'Oreal serum is also way better than Garnier's Sleek & Shine serum that gets lots of raves too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow! Pretty cool product. I used it with the Hair Masque from the same line....and it totally de-frizzed my hair. I had to perm my hair twice because they did it wrong the first time and it became badly dried and damaged. This serum completely turned my hair around to its normal de-frizzed state. I was a bit reluctant to get this at first because L'oreal is on PETA's companies that test list, but I guess this works. Can anybody suggest an alternative?

I can't say a bad thing about this serum. my hair is sooooo shiny after using this! much like the other reviewers said, it smells great and you can't beat the price.

Oh I love this. I have dry hair due to daily straightening, excessive colouring etc, and this makes is nice and soft, shiny and smooth. I use quite a lot on my sholder length hair to combat frizz, but it never looks greasy or over-loaded. Use on damp hair before drying, dry hair before straightening and/or as a finishing product. The price is good and it is better than loads of high end serums I have tried.

After trying many, many, I mean many anti-frizz products,(FF, Biosilk, FrizzEase, you name it) this is the best one.
My hair is color treated,medium in texture, wavy if left air-dried. It falls below my shoulder blades. Due to the straightening and the color, my hair is very frizzy. I mean straw like frizzy. After I apply this serum to my towel-dried hair, I can left it air dry, then apply the serum again, to achieve a soft romantic look, or I can blow dry it straight to get that model sleek hair.
Regardless of the style, this product is never heavy, but totally gets the job done. Because from my past experience, anti-frizz serums tend to be very heavy, weigh hair down. This one is an exception.
The scent of this product is light, and it doesn't linger.
Since the price is approx. $5 for a 3.4fl oz. bottle, I will buy it again. It totally beats the more expensive brands.

Popular Styling Products