December 22, 2014 | 1698 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by miss_leahmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG facial scrub. The particle size is PERFECT. Not too grainy like St. Ives, but enough to definitely scrub flakes away. I use Retin-A nightly, and use this in the morning before makeup. My skin is perfect. And it doesn't even smell minty like the masque- It actually reminds me of some of Aveda's product scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jenren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this scrub. it left my dry, sensitive skin feeling smooth and soft. I've only used it once, but so far I am very satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by afrochick39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after reading the reviews here, and I must say this stuff is working pretty good so far. I've been using this for about 3 1/2 weeks and am amazed that those deep tight little pimples that I believe came from using too many "acid" products, came to head and are drying up nicely. I don't see any new bumps yet, so I'm convinced this is an HG for me until then. I've found that I only need to use this once a day (in the evening, because I wear make up during the day). I use this after cleansing with Cetaphil for sensitive skin. I use peroxide as a toner and follow with Cetaphil lotion (a little goes a long way for facial use).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a good scrub but not an outstanding one. I would say it has a medium quality ... not over the moon with this one but I guess I have to try it more to get better results ( Ive only used it 3-4 times so far). Hopefully Im going to rave about it soon and will become my HG scrub. We'll update after some time if I see any good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a shot after trying and loving the mint julep masque so much and reading the reviews here. I've been using this for about two weeks and I really like it so far.

My skin is very sensitive, but this scrub is gentle enough for me to use every day, often twice a day. Other scrubs I've used in the past tended to irritate my skin after a handful of uses. My face feels nice and clean afterwards, but not stripped, and it doesn't leave any sort of icky residue behind. My skin isn't perfect, but it has cleared up considering since I've started using this, and I've not had any major breakouts. Yay.

Edit to add: I've been using this stuff for four months now, and I still love it. Best facial scrub I've ever used. It doesn't seem to do as good of a job on blackheads as it used to, so I use it in conjunction with good old cold cream and witch hazel. If they ever stopped making this stuff, I don't know what I'd do.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by akk23

Love the mask so I thought I'd give the scrub a try. Great product for 3 bucks! Does the job just as well as higher priced scrubs. Love the smell...was scared that it would be harsh but its not at all. Has a great consistency.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I looked for Queen Helene products all over the DS's around my area, but I finally found them at Sally Beauty Supply. Due to the great reviews on this site, I was specifically looking for the Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub - it was a whopping $2.89 USD!!!! I was praying it would be just what I needed at that price!

The product itself has much smaller granulars than the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and a little bigger than the AVON microexfoliant - more similiar in consistancy to Clinique 7 Day Scrub (obviously a lot more expensive than this!). The minty smell is faint and rinses away with the product.

The packaging is a 6 oz tube with a screw-cap which is the reason for my knocking off one lippie - who uses screw caps anymore?!?!?!?! The claim on the tube is "deep cleans and gently exfoliates the dull surface layers from your skin".

Now for my experience -- I have combo skin that is dry in certain patches and need to use an exfoliant a couple of times a week. It would be so nice to find an inexpensive one that works just as good as the 7 day - and with Mint Julep I found just that!!!!! I use this in the shower and am more than satisfied with the results. Overall, it left my skin smooth and flake free - I slathered on a moisturizer afterwards and my skin looks and feels clean, fresh and (dare I say) GLOWING!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2007 4:40:00 PM More reviews by asaryen

Drying!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not long ago this scrub was reformulated and the newer packaging signifies a new mixture where the walnut shells are a more fine grit - not so chunky. I have rediculously dry skin so I preferred the larger chunks, but all in all it still get the job done. The smell is very fresh and goes away after use in case you don't prefer it. I can see if someone with sensitive skin gave this a try they'd be turned off. But most other scrubs are too fine with too much lotion and creamy moisturizers and not enough grit in their mix, or the grit is actually soft core little beads that do nothing to get the dea off AND it's the cheapest of all! So for me this is the only scrub I use as it is the only one that can really peel off all the dry deadness. I have gone thru over 10 tubes in the last 2 years and every time I finish scrubbing my face is glowing and gorgeous ready for moisturizer and foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Henna123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The QH Masque didn't do much for me, so I decided to give this one a try. I LOVE IT!!! It leaves my skin soooo soft and smooth and helps keep the acne at bay. It dries up any bumps I have. It exfoliates pretty well.

I'm on my 2nd tube. I will for sure purchase again and again. I hope they never discontiue this product!!!