April 25, 2014 | 1089 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kendie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical about trying this mineral product for years. Aside from the many negative reviews posted on MUA, I avoided it because I heard bismuth (sp?) was an ingredient. Many of my friends really like it, however, so I finally decided to try the original foundation. Having used it for a few days I have to say that I really like this mineral foundation. While it doesn't have coverage heavy enough to cover my sun spots (I think it would have to be spackle to do so), it appears to even out my skin tone and even brighten it somewhat. My skin is on the dry side, but it doesn't settle into pores or highlight flakies. To be honest though, my skincare regimen moisturizes my skin well enough so I don't have a problem w/those dry skin side effects anyway. Also, my sensitive skin has (as yet) not experienced any problems, nor have I had any breakouts. All in all, this is a foundation that I will continue to use. Not sure if its HG material or not, but it works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'd used this for the past 2 years and while it's an above average foundation, it's not hg status. Before this I'd been using full coverage foundations like MAC Studio Fix (powder) and Estee Lauder Double Wear so this did seem especially natural-looking compared to those. However a few months ago I bought my first tinted moisturizer and with my new & broadened perspective on what coverage is/means, Bare Minerals is somewhere in the middle. It will not look like you're not wearing anything at all, but it is very subtle. For me what made this special is that it was very good to my acne prone skin (unlike my old foundations). And that combined with their Skin Rev-er Upper (also helped clear up my skin) and Mineral Veil (makes application look more natural, diminishes pores) was this perfect combination of great stuff for my skin. Since my skin has improved I've gotten more comfortable with wearing sheer coverage foundations, and I've kind of broken that cycle of; wearing heavy makeup to cover breakouts, and then putting on more heavy makeup to cover the new breakouts that were caused by the makeup, etc. Most of the foundations I've been trying for the past few months have been fine, but if my skin ever acted up very badly again I would switch back to this. For now I am enjoying trying lighter and sheerer products with my improved skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MonMon44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh how very disappointing this product is. I wish I never spent so much money on this, it has to be one of the worst mineral foundations I've ever tried. Even after slathering my face with moisturizer, this still made my skin look dry and powdery. It also accentuates the pores on my nose, even with a good primer. Money down the drain :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by taraneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It seemed like this was getting really big when I was in high school and a few people told me it was so amazing and I should try it. So I did, and when I try something so does my mom and my sister....

I hate it. It doesn't change the appearance of my skin at all. I look exactly the same only I now have something clogging my pours all day long. And the blemish covering stuff is not any different from the regular foundation... which does not cover at all.

I do not see what all the fuss was about. My mom and my sister might still use it once and a while, but I never hear much good about it from them. They both already have nice skin so they don't even need it. They just get into the habit and stick with whatever they already know. I am the one who changes everything because I am not settling for something that is just a huge waste of money.

It is very expensive for nothing and it runs out quickly, not to mention it spills everywhere. it is like impossible to get out of the carpet and it is very hard to prevent it from spilling into the carpet... if you are anything like anyone in my family that is.

I do not believe anyone should ever waste their money on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by azalea333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very disappointed in this product. It sounded wonderful and is supposed to be good for sensitive skin, but it just made my face look cakey and unnatural. The medium color matched my skin great, but the powder makes my pores stand out and look huge, even after using the primer first. After a while it started irritating my skin and making my skin red. I thought the mineral veil was awful and drying. It made my face look very dry and made me look like I had wrinkles I never noticed I had before so I never wore it when I used the foundation. I wont be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed with this foundation. First of all, to get the correct coverage on blemishes I needed a lot of product which ended up looking cakey. Also, I had to use my own brushes because the ones that came with the set were very rough and irritated my face. This also made me break-out. Didn't work for me unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Pey8188

I told my friend the other day that if they EVER discontinued Bare Minerals, that I would STOP wearing makeup. This is the absolute key to my entire beauty regimen.

I have people ask me constantly how I get my skin so flawless, and my answer is always bare minerals.

I am not, and have never been a fan of oil-based foundations or, the typical compact powder ones. Bare minerals is perfect. The secret, I have found, in the application is to find a very soft brush to apply it with. I literally apply it over my eye circles which it ALWAYS covers.

This foundation can cover anything, even when I am breaking out super badly, you would never know.

My only complaint about bare minerals is that they have changed the packaging of the product to where you have to use a knife just to basically get it open, and that you run out before you should, because they have made it now to where you can't pop off the top to get the rest out of the bottom. Now, you have to shake out as much as you can and theres typically a lot left when I have to repurchase because I cant get it out of the bottom anymore.

BARE MINERALS: if you're reading this, please don't EVER discontinue it!!! We <3 IT!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this brand for a few years on and off in the shade medium beige. Recently, bare escentuals improved its packaging so that the sifter part closes and you don't have powder leaking everywhere. I love the new packaging but the product doesn't work for me. It has light-medium coverage and applies very natural looking. It did not break me out in my experience and has ingredients in it that are supposed to be good for your skin. The downside is it highlights enlarged pores, clings to dryness, and leaves oily skin shiny after only an hour of wear. I like this stuff for when my skin is behaving and I have no breakouts, but the reality is, it rarely behaves! So I use Loreal bare naturale because it provides much better coverage for less cash. I would not buy again because there are less pricey options that provide better coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Stylist21

Very light coverage but build able. Great consistency. However I have very sensitive skin and I did break out with cystic acne for the first time in my life. These cysts were huge and all over my face. Plus I feel like the flawless face brush is a little harsh over time. Possibly too exfoliating for my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mineral foundation is wonderful, and this is one of the originals/trend setters, but it is NOT the best. I used it off and on for 10 years because I could never find something that really fit me (I'm not really a foundation person); I used it mostly as a spot treatment/concealer (with the Mineral Veil") since it's horrible as an all-over foundation. I found a better loose mineral makeup: Everyday Minerals.

Pros:
-Goes one smooth/creamy
-Easy to apply with brush
-SPF
-Healthy glow

Cons:
- After a short day, it settles into/highlights pores and wrinkles; slides off face
-Accentuates dry spots
-Oxidizes after a couple hours (even with a primer)
-Does not do well with all face moisturizers
-Difficult to find a routine that works with Bare Minerals due to its high maintenance
-Bismuth Oxychloride can cause cystic acne and irritation over time

I switched to Everyday Minerals foundation and setting powder and I'm totally happy with their mineral makeup (has none of the cons listed above). I do however recommend Bare Minerals "Flawless Definition" mascara and their "Mineral Veil".