August 23, 2014 | 1885 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister convinced me to try this. I can see how this might be exactly what some people want, but it just wasn't a good match for me. Overall, it's a good product. It gives a customizable level of coverage, which is nice. The brushes it came with are great and I will continue to use them with other makeup. The mineral veil is a really nice product and the bronzer is okay. There's a ton of stuff in that starter kit for your money.
I think I would like this more if I didn't prefer a moister, more dewy finish. While it doesn't feel heavy to me, it does feel dry and unnatural. And if you use a heavier moisturizer to counteract the drying effect, the powder and moisturizer together feels like a mud pie on your face. While it didn't bother me in the beginning, it really started to annoy me towards the end that this product makes a mess every time you use it. I'm sick of cleaning it up, there has to be a better way to package this. Packaging is never much of an issue for me, but in this case it makes the product no fun to use. To many negatives to outweigh the positives, will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by absinthe27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like bare minerals, but alone I have to wear a liquid foundation under it to cover my acne scars. Great for touch-up, and hopefully some day my scars will fade enough to wear just this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Chloeclover

I used BME for about two years and it just didn't work for me. I wanted it to work so bad. The color selection just never worked for me and it always accentuated my pores and settled in my fine lines. I wouldn't recommend this to oily skinned girls because you still become an oil slick after just a few hours. I find that mineral type foundations are not as long lasting as liquid or creme foundations and tend to settle in fine lines.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I agree with some reviewers underneath. Whilst this can look amazing on some people, it made my skin look dehydrated and dull. It didn't give me a fresh look. Powder did used to work much better on my skin but now I stick to TM as it looks much healthier on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ytaiym87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first was introduced to bare minerals through my little sister, I was intrigued by the idea of makeup that sits on the face instead of in your face. I also felt like all liquid make up made me feel itchy and at the end of the day when I took it off my skin felt tight and uncomfortable. Well I went to the bare minerals store, tried it on and fell in love, I bought 3 foundations, brushes, shadows and blushes. I absolutely loved it at first, I recommended it to all my friends and thought I had found my HG. Well a few weeks later I noticed I would get giant cystic acne a log my jaw line, chin and cheeks, I freaked out and stopped using BM right away. I did some research on BM and apparently it contains bismuth oxychloride, a known skin irritant. I also found that BM is not as "natural" and "organic" as it claims to be.

Overall, I love mineral make up and was very disappointed. Just ordered lucy minerals, I'm excited to try it and see how it reacts to my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by marielnoyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A former roommate of mine got the most beautiful looking skin with this stuff, but for me it does just not work. I think it is because my skin has some dry patches. It makes me look totally dried out, so I would not recommend it for dry skin and definitely do recommend to try it before you buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by stephjacks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't plan to use this product. I went into the BE store in the mall with a friend who needed more blush and the gal asked if I wanted to try the product right then. She started putting it on and showing me how to use it. I bought it and...

I love this product! I have very sensitive skin and get breakouts/rashes from most makeup that I try. Not this! Beautiful results if you want a natural look, well what you WISH you would naturally look like! From reading some of the reviews here I think the trick is having everything you need to apply this makeup correctly and not using too much. I bought the start up kit from the BE store and had them match my color before I purchased it. I also added in the redness remedy.

If you start out with a fresh clean face that has been moisturized, with the moisturize having time to settle in, then a face primer so the powder sits well (and evenly!) on your face it is an awesome product. I follow the recommendation of BE and use the special blending brush on my red areas, then use the kabuci brush for the matte loose powder foundation, bronzer, and mineral veil, using very little, tapping off the excess.

I end up with a fresh looking, dewy, natural skin, minus my red bumps and blotches. And you know what else? It feels GOOD! light like nothing is there. Since day 1 I have had people mention how good my skin is looking. I didn't use a skimpy, cheap chemical filled product before this either (DermaQuest Skin Therapy and Youngblood perfecting powder) My skin has actually cleared up significantly since I started using this product about 4 weeks ago.

I really, truly like it. It works great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by JennieTimberton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the lightest one possible and honestly it was just too dark for my skin. I am fairly taned/fair skinned and it just didn't match in my skin how I wanted it to

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by VintageRosie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

of course, like most of you, i was sold on the product. At a beauty department store they were selling the starter packs with all the colours, i bought the 'medium' tone kit. My first impression was that it was a complete mess, the powder went everywhere and the product packaging is basically useless. The powder spills over everywhere. they sell this product on the basis that it is perfect for acne prone or sensitive skin. Well, after a week of wearing this, my skin broke out EVERYWHERE (and i had just healed from breakouts) in places i never broke out. I would come home and find more and more acne popping up in places i never broke out. As soon as i stopped using this stuff, it went away, so i knew it was down to the BE.

Honestly, this product isnt worth it, you have to layer it on to get decent coverage and even tho it looks nice and glowy, i honestly think this is a poor product which is over hyped. Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried this after many suggestions from people who love it. I have dry and sensitive skin. This just worked like any powder I have used before and dried out my skin. It didn't really add any coverage as it just didn't evenly apply. It just clung in spots and sucked up the little moisture I have.
I use a good moisturizer twice a day and definitely prefer a liquid, moisturizing foundation, In my opinion, this work great for oiler skin types.