April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. this is one i have used consistantly for years. I used to use it on just my upper lashes now i use it on mylowers. i love the mini brush it always gets all my lashes (especially the outter corners that other mascara brushes forget)
This is the ONLY ds mascara i like and will continue to buy. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2006 3:22:00 AM More reviews by nicholefairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the small brush as it's perfect for using on my lower lashes. I don't use this on my upper lashes though. It does seem to weigh lashes down a bit but thats good if your intending to use it on your bottom lashes :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Similar to the previous reviewer, one of my hugest problems with mascaras is that it weighs down my lashes. I want mascaras to hold my curls. This is a good one for it. It held my lashes all day and evening. I really like the small brush and it hasn't clumped on me nor smudge. I think it deserves a good rating just for that. However, it doesn't offer volume nor lenghten, but i'd buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Poutiful

I love this mascara simply for the fact that it holds the curl from my eyelash curler all day. It is mediocre in every other way, but not many mascaras hold curl like that for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went on clumpy, dried quite stiff and matte, then smudged within 1 hour. And continued to smudge. The brush didn't catch any more or less hairs than any other mascara. If you are looking for a good black, glossy waterproof and smudge and budge-proof mascara, try Stila sport- which I am definitely going back to.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by dianabechillin

A great everyday mascara for my tiny, thin, puny little eyelashes. The small brush is genius; I used to use Lancome Hypnose, and while I found the formula great, the big brush just wouldn't reach many of my short lashes. Lash Discovery manages to do that. It's absolutely true though that it doesn't provide a very dramatic look. My lashes look longer, but not much thicker. This is definitely not a "statement" mascara, but it is the best everyday mascara I've found to date.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This has rather mediocre reviews, but I've had luck with Maybelline mascaras in the past and this was on sale. Like everyone else, I love the mini brush and how you can get every last lash with it. Another cool feature is that you can press the mascara wand right up to the base of your lashes, negating the need for eyeliner.

I thought this would be a more natural-looking mascara, but it actually gave me long, long lashes--like falsies, especially with a light coat of Full'n'Soft over it (Lash Discovery is purely a defining and lengthening mascara and can look a little weird on its own). Doesn't clump at all. At all!

This might make your lashes look spidery if you layer it too much. Remember to follow package directions and do not wait for coats to dry inbetween and to use a separate lash comb/clean spoolie to 'fluff' out your lashes a bit afterwards. The formula is rather wet, but I don't mind since I seem to get the best results from wet mascaras. Plus, this holds a curl beautifully and doesn't smear at all. It flakes a tiny bit at the end of a long day but doesn't irritate my eyes (I have both allergies + contact lenses). It's a HUGE pain in the a$$ to remove, though--baby shampoo + lots of warm water + jojoba oil. But I guess that means it'll be good for humid summer weather. Overall, I'm glad to have this in my arsenal and would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2006 12:02:00 AM More reviews by daimonchen2058

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

It does't "discover" my lash what so ever. Even a waterproof one, it still give me the panda eyes at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by shiva_didj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm still searching for a holy grail mascara. It may simply be a weird product. Putting goopy stuff on your eyelashes? It just seems weird. With caution, I can usually apply without clumps, as with all mascaras. I haven't tried too many, but I've tried my share, and every single mascara without fail always has the clump factor, which i have to try and brush out. I prefer waterproof, and maybe that is why I can't find a good one. I have oily skin, and you never know when I might cry! (that's good, believe me) so waterproof is all I dare wear. I do like the tiny brush, that seems to work better. I'd love to try a curved brush, but try finding one in waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2006 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Libertyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this stuff! i hardly have any lashes to begin with and this stuff really helps to define them. since it is waterproof, it lasts all day and helps my lashes hold after i curl them. i like to use this with volum express turbo boost to really make my lashes stand out or by itself to get a natural yet defined look. i also like the fact that i can use this on my lower lashes without it getting all over the place.