October 25, 2014 | 1552 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is generally pretty normal, but leans towards oily. However, I have hormonal acne so during that time of the month, I break out. I have a cleanser that works for me during the off times, but I needed something a bit harsher to help control my breakouts and extra oily skin. I got this based on reviews here on MUA and am glad I did. I generally don't like to use benzoyl peroxide bc it is pretty harsh and bc it stains clothing, but I figured a cleanser was OK (I would not use a spot treatment w/bp in it). This cleanser controls the oil on my face and I have definitely had decreased breakouts. I haven't had any cystic pimples since I started using this cleanser, although I still get a few bumps here and there. But again, it is greatly reduced and much smaller in size. I use this with my Clarisonic and activate the "mask" portion by leaving it on my face after I cleanse while I clean the brush of the Clarisonic. One thing I don't like about the packaging is that the flip top is very hard to open/close. I've chipped nail polish trying to get it to open and I pretty much have to slam the thing to get it closed. Other than that, I think this is a good product, although I wish a drugstore cleanser didn't cost $9 (although there are always sales/coupons you can use at various drugstores).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by BeadyBB

Simply amazing. The only thing that has kept my skin clear without the harsh side effects. My skin is so clean now it's almost shiny. It also makes my skin feel minty and fresh. I absolutley love it. I use it as a mini mask twice a day for a minute or two and wash off.

Only con, the cap sometimes doesn't close all the way. Nothing tragic, just slightly annoying.

My HG cleanser. My skin has never felt this soft.

EDIT: This just straight up stopped working. My skin got a lot worse. Damn. Guess I need to search again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by PoseyMadison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this as a mask twice a day for the past week; it has cleared up my face a lot. It works very fast, I had really bad breakout after a peel, this has helped to clear it up. I also bought the scrub that has helped get rid of bumps underneath my skin. The scrub works better in that respect, when I use the scrub I use the mask as a spot treatment right before to get rid of the acne. The mask works really fast for severe acne breakouts, and benzoyl is one of the only things that works for me. I recommend this highly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this sparingly, usually in the humid summer when my skin breaks out in oil. Probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ashes1534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

discontinued???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!************************************** cant find it!! anywhere. not at walmart. cvs. or walgreens

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyRoseWolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is nice because it soaks up oil and it's antibacterial. What's great about it is that the benzoyl peroxide isn't so strong that it makes my face red. Also, it leaves my skin soft and smooth instead of dried out and itchy. AND it's super cheap. It's definitely a keeper

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mariamkors

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far one the very FEW products that has worked for my cystic acne (that was an exaggeration this is one of the ONLY two products (Freeman Avocado Mask) out of literally the hundreds of products that I've tried and mind you I have anything and everything from prescription to natural remedies to products overseas to high end department store products to every single product on a drug store shelf). After using it my first time, the results were ridiculously noticeable; the cystic acne on my jawline disappeared completely!!! Only problem I encountered was irritation on my upper cheeks underneath my eyes only because it was winter, I was slacking on moisturizing regularly, and on top of that, I slept with the mask on. I highly recommend this product to everyone with any type of acne but just do not apply any of it underneath your eyes because it will burn and leave it on for at least an hour. Good luck to you : ]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by arianamar

long time user! i use this once a day, either morning or night, or both if i am extra oily during the summer. it tends to dry out areas around my mouth and nose, so i alternate with a gentler cleanser like cetaphil. since it is drying, i always follow up with a moisturizing toner, i use thayer's alcohol free rose witch hazel toner. then i alternate between 10% benzoyl peroxide gel or walgreens brand 8% aha face cream at night, in the am eucerin's moisturizer with spf. i use the oil cleansing method with olive oil to break down my makeup and use a makeup remover wipe, then i use neutrogena clear pore cleanser and open up my pores with a warm washcloth over my face three times and wipe it away and my skin feels so refreshed afterwards!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by babyazn87

OMG I love this! I love leaving this for 5 min. You will feel a fresh, minty feeling upon application. Then after washing it w lukewarm water, my skin feels super soft!!! I like that it has BP, which helps keeping break outs away (: HG material.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by skeptic7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I don't use it as a daily face wash, but I use it a couple times a week in the shower as a face mask. It really helps to open up my pores and clear my breakouts.