December 23, 2014 | 1479 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Lyssy27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot, but there are some flaws. It definitely stays sticky in my hair, but it gives me lovely, low-maintenance waves with just a few scrunches. The black rubber bottle doesn't make me worry about the bottle cracking on my bathroom floor (as has happened with other products). Also, my boyfriend has been using it on his long and naturally curly hair before going out. I have to keep buying it because he loves it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I don't understand how to use this product but when I spray it on my damp hair and let it air dry and my hair ends up looking flat and dreadful. If I blow dry it, it looks frizzy. For the most part my hair is pretty straight but has a bit of a natural wave. I was hoping this product would give me texture and bring out the natural waves but it didn't work for me :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this left me with beautiful texture, it went on slightly hairspray-like and matte. I received this from a very generous friend and find it better layered with other products. The hold is awesome and the smell is tolerable. The bottle is portable and durable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

I started using this product when I got my long hair chopped into a more layered bob style. Once I got used to it, I really liked the effect it gave my hair. It leaves a nice textured effect with a matt finish. I find it very easiy to style my hair with this in it. My ahir is naturally quite shiny and soft with a natural wave. I need to blow dry my hair well and then straighten it with GHDs to get a sleek style. So, I use this when I don't want to go through the motions of straightening. I use this instead, wet, and then blast dry my hair and I am left with a good textured, tousled style. Great!
I like the smell too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this and used it fairly regularly when my hair was longer and layered. I have had pin-straight hair all my life and the only way I could do anything about that was to get a perm, which I don't like doing since I have to color my hair as well. Fekkai Wave Spray did NOTHING for me. This actually gave me waves:-))) It was very fun to be able to wear a different look and have it even last a couple of days. It's not something you would be able to brush through without decreasing the effect, but I think that's kind of to be expected, isn't it? I found the texture of my hair with this much less distressing than its texture when I used the B&B Thickening Spray. Now THAT felt crunchy! Also, I love the smell of Surf Spray, though in any case, it doesn't linger.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by viajake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck! This dries out the hair, smells like an old diaper and generally is a huge ripoff! Leave it on the shelf, ladies.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

I don't like this -- doesn't leave my hair soft and beachy like it promises, plus I don't like the way it smells (I'm comparing it to John Frieda's discontinued product). Instead, I get crunchy hair, and I have to apply a lot of product to get it to go through my hair. I know there is a lot of hype about this product, so maybe I'm not using it right, but I just don't see what is the big deal about this product. I'd normally give it 2 lippies b/c I tend to round up rather than down, but b/c of the price and hype, I have to knock it down to one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Lesley85

I liked this product when I first tried it, it texturized really well...but after an hour or so I noticed how dry my hair looked...like major split ends and frizziness. Also it was very sticky and stiff, like ratty looking. I was so diasappointed with this. Also I noticed that I needed to use a lot od product to get any affect in my hair...but that just made the stiffness worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by utchick016

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i dont know why but i really love this. i spray it alll the time in my hair when i get out of the shower and let it air dry without brushing it. i have no idea why i like it?

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by bagella

This smells awful and it REALLY dries out your hair.
But, if you have the right texture for it (aka, soft/wavy hair), then it'll work magic for you. I happen to have soft, fine, curly hair, so this is of no use to me on most days. But on days when I want my hair turned into beachy waves, I straighten my hair, apply surf spray, braid it and go to bed. In the morning, I unbraid and style lightly with finishing cream and VOILĄ. Amazing, gorgeous beach waves. Unfortunately, this entire procedure, however lovely the result, takes way too much time for me, meaning I never actually do it, which in turn means I basically have no use for this product, thus the mediocre rating.

But the bottle, with it's sleek black coating, and turquoise/yellow lettering, is the hottest thing in my bathroom.