July 30, 2014 | 1870 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mixed Feelings..... LOVE this for work. It stays put all day and does a great job of covering dark circles and/or skin imperfections. Great packaging and blends nicely with my skintone. The only CON I find with this is that it doesn't photograph well!!! NOOOooo. Other than that this is awesome, but I wouldn't use it for a night out. It looks goofy in photos. I used to use their double wear foundation but found out that leaves a whitish cast too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

i love the consistency of this concealer. it stays on, and really does cover problem areas. this is my HG concealer. i never thought i'd find a better concealer than maybelline, but estee lauder has really outdone theirselves. this concealer is so much different than other ones, so much better, which is definitely a good thing. i don't mind buying products that are expensive if they work good, and this definitely does. its not watered down and i just really cannot help but brag on the coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this concealer in medium I'm nc 37 and it has the most amazing pinkish undertone which brightens and gives an instant face life. I'm only 16 but I naturally have fine lines and this is why I gave this product only four stars because it starts creasing one me after maybe 5 hours of wear. the coverage is absolutely amazing, it's literally FULL coverage! and they also have a set at Estee Lauder that comes with this concealer and the double wear light foundation and a spotlight primer for only $37 which is AWESOME!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tube and I still have a brand new tube stock up under the counter. Recently I purchased the Estee Lauder foundation kit and it comes with a half size of this concealer. I don't think I need to repurchase for a while.
The product itself is very creamy but kind of thick. I need about a minute to dab it evenly under my eyes. It does cover very well though. This is the only concealer I've tried that will stay on all day. Even though I am not a big fan of the consistency I still keep buying it. I really recommend moisturizing your under eyes with a good eye cream before applying it. Because throughout the day you might find it a bit drying.
When I was close to finish up my first tube the sponge head broke so I ended up throwing it away without using it up completely. Hopefully this time it will last.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will not repurchase this. It's too drying for my undereye area. Coverage is good but definitely not full. Staying power is not better than my all time favorite (Exuviance). I've applied all kinds of undereye moisturizers and still ended up with accentuated fine lines due to dryness. And for reference, my fine lines are barely visible otherwise. The color I picked was 02 which fits my NC20-25 skin tone pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I would almost say this is my HG concealer, but that honor belongs to Guerlain's Duo Correcteur (Which is disc... so this might take its place). This is a nice creamy concealer that sets pretty quick and gives good coverage. I use it on my redness, under eyes, and it works well. I think the lasting powder is pretty good and it has a nice matte slight satin finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently purchased Double Wear concealer by Estee L. because I needed more coverage than my Dr. Hauschka cover stick. What I liked about this product was how long lasting it is, but I expected more coverage after reading the reviews.

I have moderate acne and when it goes, it leaves red marks along my face and jaw line, as well as a few acne scars, so this is what I needed to cover. I usually have to apply 3 times to get adequate coverage and when I do that the color builds up as well, so I get light peachy marks all over my face. I've sampled many shades and the closest that I found was the Extra Light (10). So I am not extremely happy with the color either, but it will work until I find a better one.

I have golden undertone and I am an NC20 in Mac foundation, and 15 in concealer, and I noticed that Estee Lauder doesn't really cater to us, with with warm undertones. Therefore, I'd recommend this brand for people with cool or neutral skin tones.

Same happened when I tried their foundations, even the yellow end of the spectrum turns pinkish when it dries on my face (applied it with a wet sponge). When I talked to the SA, even she admitted that their foundations oxidase and even the warmer tones turn more of a pink, then yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

This is my go to concealer. I have repurchased this about 6 times.

I have tried other concealers but find that they don't "stay" This concealer is long wear and lasts all day. If I have dark circles, it will cover them, if I have spots or want something to cover my acne scars, this is what I would reach for. It does its job.

It is a liquid/creamy concealer and can be a little drying. I always make sure I moisturise my skin well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a liquid concealer and has great coverage, while still looking natural. It blends in effortlessly and lasts all day long. I use this on my dark circles (which are pronounced) and it gives me a really softened look under my eyes. That said it's not thick and creamy - so it won't cover your dark circles 100%, but it will soften the overall look of them and make you look healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by carolinewknight

I have to admit I don't use this very often as the only use I have for it is to conceal dark circles - which I don't get very often anyway. I'm using in 'Light Medium' after foundation and follow with powder to set. It lasts more or less the whole day and does not look unnatural (definately doesn't turn orange as some others have complained- they probably bought the wrong shade!). As I don't use much I can see this will last forevor, which makes the price (19.00 in the UK) seem more resonable. I will re-purchase when eventually it does run out.