Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

I love this make-up remover. I've tried many high-end and drug store makeup remover, and so far, this is still my favorite. As a matter of fact, I am on my third bottle now.

I love how this remover doesn't have the "2 layer" seperations and yet it can still remove waterproof mascara and gel eyeliners. I love how this doesn't sting my eyes at all and it doesn't leave any residue on my skin. Love love love this make-up remover!

on 6/26/2009 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am on my 3rd bottle. This is a great value for a drugstore nonoily waterproof remover. I got this free with any Rimmel mascara purchase at CVS. They also have great sales on this regularly so its a great value. I find myself not needing those oily dual phases removers anymore, with one sweep of this it removes all my waterproof mascara and gel longwearing eyeliners. Its gentle like water with no stinging or residue afterwards.

on 6/24/2009 9:30:00 PM

I don't wear waterproof make up so I cannot attest to whether or not it delivers on that front, but it takes my washable eye make up off nicely. My only issue is that sometimes if I use too much it stings a bit. Not oily at all. Nice and cheap.

on 6/23/2009 5:15:00 PM

My favourite eye make up remover. Doesnt contain any oil but still removes the toughest waterproof mascara. Removes all eye make up without any stinging of the eye or drying out of my eye area even in winter when my normally oily skin turns dry and dehydrated. Price is good, with definately buy again

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

1- did remove my waterproof mascara and cream liner from l'oreal hip. (w/ the hip cream liner, soap and water doesn't remove it well.)

2- didn't leave an oily residue after use (like Maybellines remover does)

3- didn't sting my eyes. Great for contact lens wearers.

4- decently priced for a drugstore brand. original price is $7 and change for 4.2 fl ounces. I bought it on sale for 40% off.

cons: unnecesary thin cardboard and plastic packaging. they could have simple sold the bottle itself.

I found this eye m/u remover to be quite effective and affordable. I found that it removed my eye m/u really well without leaving an oily residue or leaving my skin tight and dry. However, I found this to sting a little, so I rinse my eyes with cold water after, then the stinging goes away. I do prefer Klorane's blue cornflower eye makeup remover though;it is more expensive for less of the product but it is exceptional in that it is extremely gentle and does not sting. I will probably purchase that one next. However, Rimmel is a decent, effective and cheaper subsistute.

on 6/4/2009 7:29:00 PM

This product claims to take of waterproof mascara off, but it does not. I tried to take off my eyeliner off and it does not either. The eyeliner is not waterproof and it does nothing. In my opinion it does what water does, better off using water. I would not buy this product again.

on 5/22/2009 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i love this product. it removes everything without being to oily.leaving my eyes feeling clean and refreshed. i took of a lippie because if to much gets in ur eyes they also will burn a little so sensitive eyes beware this might irratate them a bit . but overall its great

on 5/13/2009 12:46:00 PM

This product claims that it removes waterproof makeup, but it really doesn't. So if you're wearing waterproof mascara, don't expect to take it off using this.
However, for everything else, it works great. Get some one a cotton ball, apply it to your eye, hold it there until it soaks into your makeup, and then gently wipe.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I picked this up on a whim after running out of my regular Avon. This product does remove my makeup, but takes a little more work & scrubbing with a cottonball. Having only Avon to compare it to, I have to say I vastly prefer their cream based remover to a liquid. This one stings a bit, and I can't just dab some on my finger and spread it around to loosen the makeup. The bottle does seal well and I've never had any spillage problems.

It does its job & with a reasonable price tag, but it just doesn't do it good enough.