January 31, 2015 | 1449 users online

Skincare - Body - Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by rigashi

Apparently my face hates aloe vera. :( I had heard the raves about aloe vera gel as a moisturizer, so I snatched up a small travel size bottle at Target. I've been drinking aloe vera juice since I was a child, and my mom often used the leaves an as ingredient in homemade facial masks. I really thought I had found my HG moisturizer for a super-cheap price! It's a bit sticky, but it absorbed into my skin fairly quickly. I had been having issues with dry flakiness, but this stuff left my skin so hydrated and supple! Unfortunately soon after I had confidently bought a 12oz. bottle of this, I realized that this was causing some cysts! I really wish this had worked out for me~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I always keep a bottle of this stuff around because it is so multifunctional!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW! I can't believe this is on here .. but I'm so glad it is! This stuff is amazing. Like actually, amazing. It is like heaven sent. I used it during my vacation in Honolulu, as soon as I saw signs of a burn, I slapped this on and no burn, just an amazing tan. I love this. Also, if you use it on a burn.. your burn will dissapear. I am buying cases of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

I've been using this product for around 4 years now. and i must say that this is indefinitely a must have in my beauty routine. i use this after toner and before moisturiser day and night. it's not a miracle product but i do find that if i stop using this, my skin is not as radiant. i find that this is great for protecting my skin from the environment/pollution etc., it's great to tone down redness whether it's from popping pimples (yes i know i really shouldn't do this...but i still do anyway lol), or after sun care. it helps the skin heal much quicker. but since there are so many additives, i might try an alternative after finishing this tube. although I'm not all that fussed, as long as it works, i'll keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 1:24:00 AM More reviews by whatever2k5

I've been using this product for about 6 months and I haven't noticed much reduction in acne scars, however, it does a good job at soothing the inflammation from newly-formed acne. I don't like that this product makes my eyes sting, especially if I'm wearing eyeliner. It's also not very moisturizing; it makes my skin feel pretty dry, but I guess that's a good thing since I can use it to tone down my skin's oiliness before applying makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this aloe vera gel. I have naturally curly hair, and this is the only product I will use on it, it defines so well without weighing the hair down. I just scrunch my hair with the gel when it's wet, and then diffuse it. I can reapply throughout the day for more definition.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Cas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I once got a very bad sunburn on my upper cheeks, arms, legs and feet, and faithful application of the FotE Aloe Vera Gel every morning and night soothed the pain and healed the areas without any awkward peeling. It also makes a decent moisturiser. Unfortunately, it tends to sting my eyes and make them tear, even when I don't apply it anywhere near the area.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh crap. I guess this is not pure enough with its additives. My eyes sting and my face is dryer than before. I think I'll be safe and switch to an organic brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 6:13:00 AM More reviews by QueenQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my face not on my body. I doesn't irritate my skin, in fact I use this when I am irritated to a new cleanser or a new cream. It gives a very calming effect. However, the fumes stings my eyes so bad, I start tearing up. So I close my eyes while putting this on. It does make my skin feel tight after application but not the dehydrated type of tightness. I apply another layer of moisturizer over so it's all good. Overall, I use this as a base for when my skin becomes extremely irritated and it soothes right away.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

Aloe has properties that heal the skin, eliminate irritation, red marks, acne and moisturize without clogging pores.
Although this product worked fine for me (I used it for 6 months) it made me mad to find out it's filled with pretty nasty additives. The skin absorbs aloe about 20 times faster than water which means all the additives get absorbed with it. TOTALLY defeats the purpose. I was nervous I wouldn't find a good replacement but I turned to an organic brand which turns out to not only moisturize better but just overall has a faster healing/soothing affect which I'm soo chipper about!! So I'm changing my 5 star review to 2 stars for this product as just because it works, ignoring that its filled with toxins when I can get a pure product that works even better is a bit pointless.