November 28, 2014 | 1817 users online

Skincare - Body - Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

I've been using this product for around 4 years now. and i must say that this is indefinitely a must have in my beauty routine. i use this after toner and before moisturiser day and night. it's not a miracle product but i do find that if i stop using this, my skin is not as radiant. i find that this is great for protecting my skin from the environment/pollution etc., it's great to tone down redness whether it's from popping pimples (yes i know i really shouldn't do this...but i still do anyway lol), or after sun care. it helps the skin heal much quicker. but since there are so many additives, i might try an alternative after finishing this tube. although I'm not all that fussed, as long as it works, i'll keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 1:24:00 AM More reviews by whatever2k5

I've been using this product for about 6 months and I haven't noticed much reduction in acne scars, however, it does a good job at soothing the inflammation from newly-formed acne. I don't like that this product makes my eyes sting, especially if I'm wearing eyeliner. It's also not very moisturizing; it makes my skin feel pretty dry, but I guess that's a good thing since I can use it to tone down my skin's oiliness before applying makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this aloe vera gel. I have naturally curly hair, and this is the only product I will use on it, it defines so well without weighing the hair down. I just scrunch my hair with the gel when it's wet, and then diffuse it. I can reapply throughout the day for more definition.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Cas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I once got a very bad sunburn on my upper cheeks, arms, legs and feet, and faithful application of the FotE Aloe Vera Gel every morning and night soothed the pain and healed the areas without any awkward peeling. It also makes a decent moisturiser. Unfortunately, it tends to sting my eyes and make them tear, even when I don't apply it anywhere near the area.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh crap. I guess this is not pure enough with its additives. My eyes sting and my face is dryer than before. I think I'll be safe and switch to an organic brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 6:13:00 AM More reviews by QueenQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my face not on my body. I doesn't irritate my skin, in fact I use this when I am irritated to a new cleanser or a new cream. It gives a very calming effect. However, the fumes stings my eyes so bad, I start tearing up. So I close my eyes while putting this on. It does make my skin feel tight after application but not the dehydrated type of tightness. I apply another layer of moisturizer over so it's all good. Overall, I use this as a base for when my skin becomes extremely irritated and it soothes right away.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

Aloe has properties that heal the skin, eliminate irritation, red marks, acne and moisturize without clogging pores.
Although this product worked fine for me (I used it for 6 months) it made me mad to find out it's filled with pretty nasty additives. The skin absorbs aloe about 20 times faster than water which means all the additives get absorbed with it. TOTALLY defeats the purpose. I was nervous I wouldn't find a good replacement but I turned to an organic brand which turns out to not only moisturize better but just overall has a faster healing/soothing affect which I'm soo chipper about!! So I'm changing my 5 star review to 2 stars for this product as just because it works, ignoring that its filled with toxins when I can get a pure product that works even better is a bit pointless.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by ticklemeangel

This has to be one of the best kept secret in the beauty industry. A couple of years ago I noticed that one of my friends instantly had a glowing clear skin. When I asked her what she used she told me she cut up her aloe vera plant and applied it on her face. Later that night I went home and did the same thing. The next morning I woke up with glowing skin! I would do this once a week for a couple of months, but after a while I stopped because it was such a messy process. Last summer I had the worse sunburn of my life so I was on the search for something that would relieve the burn. I went to Walgreens and picked this baby up. I was amazed at how quickly it healed my peely back that I applied it to my face. I'm careful about what I apply to my face because I breakout so easily, but I didn't have any doubts about this product. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! It not only cleared my skin but it leaves my face glowing! I apply this at night after I've washed my face because it isn't moisturizing enough for the daytime. I would repurchase again and again and again and wouldn't ever stop. Seriously, everyone neds to go out and at LEAST give this product a try.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2007 8:41:00 AM More reviews by AdoreEurope

Aloe vera is amazing but it depends on what else is mixed in with it!
This aloe vera product works okay but it's far from 100% aloe vera.
I don't know about the rest of you but if I'm going to use naturally healing aloe on my skin I want something wihout toxic additivies that destroy affects of the aloe and in the longrun is simply harmful.
1.DMDM HYDANTOIN is in this product which is an immune system toxin and also the reason why so many people's eyes burn after applying this product
2.TRIETHANOLAMINE a carcinogen, known as human skin toxin
3.******DIAZOLIDINYL*** * is excreted from URINE and other body fluids and also known as a carcinogen
There are a lot of aloe vera products that are MUCH purer and even grown in organic conditions such as Aubrey Organics among quite a few others.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually don't know if I would buy this product again, but for the price and the amount, I really can't complain. What I DO complain about is how FOTE gel seems to make my pores MASSIVE. I think this is with any aloe vera gel, but the FOTE is worse because something it it (maybe one of the preservatives) makes my eyes sting! They water up and it is TERRIBLY unbearable for the longest time. If I only use a little bit in certain sections, the stinging goes away after a couple of minutes. If I use it all over my face, I HAVE to wash it off.

Ick. Try Lily of the Desert Gel instead if FOTE makes your eyes sting (I've heard that this is a common complaint).