July 30, 2014 | 1545 users online

Skincare - Body - Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Cas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I once got a very bad sunburn on my upper cheeks, arms, legs and feet, and faithful application of the FotE Aloe Vera Gel every morning and night soothed the pain and healed the areas without any awkward peeling. It also makes a decent moisturiser. Unfortunately, it tends to sting my eyes and make them tear, even when I don't apply it anywhere near the area.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh crap. I guess this is not pure enough with its additives. My eyes sting and my face is dryer than before. I think I'll be safe and switch to an organic brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 6:13:00 AM More reviews by QueenQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my face not on my body. I doesn't irritate my skin, in fact I use this when I am irritated to a new cleanser or a new cream. It gives a very calming effect. However, the fumes stings my eyes so bad, I start tearing up. So I close my eyes while putting this on. It does make my skin feel tight after application but not the dehydrated type of tightness. I apply another layer of moisturizer over so it's all good. Overall, I use this as a base for when my skin becomes extremely irritated and it soothes right away.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

Aloe has properties that heal the skin, eliminate irritation, red marks, acne and moisturize without clogging pores.
Although this product worked fine for me (I used it for 6 months) it made me mad to find out it's filled with pretty nasty additives. The skin absorbs aloe about 20 times faster than water which means all the additives get absorbed with it. TOTALLY defeats the purpose. I was nervous I wouldn't find a good replacement but I turned to an organic brand which turns out to not only moisturize better but just overall has a faster healing/soothing affect which I'm soo chipper about!! So I'm changing my 5 star review to 2 stars for this product as just because it works, ignoring that its filled with toxins when I can get a pure product that works even better is a bit pointless.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by ticklemeangel

This has to be one of the best kept secret in the beauty industry. A couple of years ago I noticed that one of my friends instantly had a glowing clear skin. When I asked her what she used she told me she cut up her aloe vera plant and applied it on her face. Later that night I went home and did the same thing. The next morning I woke up with glowing skin! I would do this once a week for a couple of months, but after a while I stopped because it was such a messy process. Last summer I had the worse sunburn of my life so I was on the search for something that would relieve the burn. I went to Walgreens and picked this baby up. I was amazed at how quickly it healed my peely back that I applied it to my face. I'm careful about what I apply to my face because I breakout so easily, but I didn't have any doubts about this product. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! It not only cleared my skin but it leaves my face glowing! I apply this at night after I've washed my face because it isn't moisturizing enough for the daytime. I would repurchase again and again and again and wouldn't ever stop. Seriously, everyone neds to go out and at LEAST give this product a try.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2007 8:41:00 AM More reviews by AdoreEurope

Aloe vera is amazing but it depends on what else is mixed in with it!
This aloe vera product works okay but it's far from 100% aloe vera.
I don't know about the rest of you but if I'm going to use naturally healing aloe on my skin I want something wihout toxic additivies that destroy affects of the aloe and in the longrun is simply harmful.
1.DMDM HYDANTOIN is in this product which is an immune system toxin and also the reason why so many people's eyes burn after applying this product
2.TRIETHANOLAMINE a carcinogen, known as human skin toxin
3.******DIAZOLIDINYL*** * is excreted from URINE and other body fluids and also known as a carcinogen
There are a lot of aloe vera products that are MUCH purer and even grown in organic conditions such as Aubrey Organics among quite a few others.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually don't know if I would buy this product again, but for the price and the amount, I really can't complain. What I DO complain about is how FOTE gel seems to make my pores MASSIVE. I think this is with any aloe vera gel, but the FOTE is worse because something it it (maybe one of the preservatives) makes my eyes sting! They water up and it is TERRIBLY unbearable for the longest time. If I only use a little bit in certain sections, the stinging goes away after a couple of minutes. If I use it all over my face, I HAVE to wash it off.

Ick. Try Lily of the Desert Gel instead if FOTE makes your eyes sting (I've heard that this is a common complaint).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by pennygirlsacco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer natural aloe gel (where that is the only ingredient pretty much) but it is pricey.. this is the next best thing i think
I put it all over my body and face and I dont get the irritation.. but that is just my skin.
My routine..
When I shower I use a body brush and olive oil and scrub away from head to toe.. no soap. A few days a week I will scrub using the brush with a mild soap but then follow with the olive oil and brush.
When I get out of the shower I "dab" but don't rub off all that oily wetness.
I put a huge glob of aloe on my face until it is sticky and shiney (wet hair pulled back). I just let it sink in. Then do my body with the aloe. I then take a soft wash cloth (dry) and massage in the aloe on my body which is now mixed with the left over oils from the shower.
By now my face has absorbed all the aloe.. so I apply another big fat glob to my face. While that is sinking in I put lotion on my body (mainly for the scent factor as I like the smell of lotion so one that smells really good).
The second application of the aloe is now all sunk in on my face.
I dab a light moisterizer or a light serum and then apply makeup.
After I get dressed and hair is done.. makeup is done.. I take a little more aloe and rub it between my fingers into a thin layer.. look in the mirror and do a big smile so I can see all the wrinkles pop up like on my cheeks around the eyes and I dab on top of my makeup another light layer of aloe.
Im a fanatic with skin care products and this combo of olive oil and aloe is the cheapest most natural thing Ive come across.
I have very very very dry skin and I'm now baby soft all over. I just love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by delicate

Just wanted to say if this gel irritates your skin with redness or bothers you with fumes- the Lily of the Desert is a much better choice- it has no scent, just smells like a clean gel with a tiny hint of aloe (how it really smells, not a made up aloe fragrance). I much prefer that brand to this. It works great as a moisturizer and doesn't leave a layer on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Looooooove this stuff! It's great for just about anything and leaves my skin soft and smooth. I use it as face moisturizer when I run out of my usual Neutrogena.