Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aloe vera gel, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer 940, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea.

on 3/24/2008 1:36:00 AM

I live in Australia and prefer to buy australian products whenever possible. However I have found FOTE Aloe Vera Gel to be the best, so I'm sticking to it. Mixed with rosewater and glycerin it makes a fantastic light moisturiser for oily skin, soothes sunburnt skin and is just an all round good product. I like to use it under my zinc oxide sunblock to get rid of that tight heavy feeling that mineral only sunblocks sometimes give. This will be a staple in my bathroom for many years.

on 3/23/2008 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Best pure aloe vera, incredibly cheap. I use this on my face and it acts as a very light moisturizer while also softening my skin. Does not break me out. I also used it on a scar from surgery while it was healing.

on 3/11/2008 11:48:00 PM

This product is a great (mostly) aloe vera product, I have fair skin which easily burns even when I remember to wear sunscreen on occasion - this is truly a godsend for those times, it helps soothe, cool and heal quickly.

I haven't tried this on my face, but I might out of curiosity to see what happens. This is much, much better than the aloe that is blue or green colored.

I also feel I need to chip in my 2 cents about the toxic additives in this product - first off, the toxicity is pretty low so unless you're consuming this stuff by the bowl it's probably NOT going to cause you any problems. Second, I feel a need to comment on the statement "The skin absorbs aloe about 20 times faster than water which means all the additives get absorbed with it" - this absorption rate of aloe vera might be true, but just because the aloe itself absorbs into your skin faster does not mean that the additives will as well! In order for aloe to do this, it would have to have the properties of a carrier molecule - which to the best of my knowledge (and some quick research) it does not have these properties. In labs, we work with many toxic chemicals that are potentially toxic without using gloves because they are unable to absorb through the skin unless mixed with a chemical like DMSO, a good handwashing and they're nothing to worry about. My advice would be to not use this product on open wounds or near any orifices as well as washing your hands after use.

This is quickly becoming the most versatile beauty product that I own. I use it at night as a moisturizer after I apply benzoyl peroxide and sometimes in the morning as a makeup primer. It really works well to mattify my oily skin. Fruit of the Earth is also wonderful as a hair gel. My hair is light and bouncy no matter how much I use, and it is great at taming frizz. I've been reading that other reviewers apply it after they pluck their eyebrows, and I'm excited to try it for this. I also read that it can be mixed for an aspirin mask, which would be a good occasional alternative to the honey I usually use. Not to mention how great this stuff is for sunburns.
I love this aloe vera gel and strongly recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive acne-prone skin. This has been a lifesaver!

UPDATE: I've started shaving with aloe vera gel in a pinch....like when I get home from work, decide to change into shorts and realize I haven't shaved in a couple days. Just apply a thin layer like shave gel and it works great. I smooth in the excess afterwards and don't even need lotion. Just make sure to rinse the razor really well.

on 2/26/2008 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I don't find this to kill pimples at all. I also don't find it to be moisturizing. However, it is very cooling and soothing, and it tightens and mattifies skin. I put on a pea-size of aloe in the morning after my Moisture Surge spray, before my sunscreen, and it really makes a difference in controlling oiliness throughout the day. And because it's so cheap, I will happily slather on that pea-sized amount with zero guilt. I will say, however, that it tends to be drying. Moisture spray + aloe = balanced skin that's hydrated but non-oily.

on 2/19/2008 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is the ONLY thing that works on the dehydrated/flaky patches of rough skin I get around my nose and cheeks!! I also use this to smooth down frizziness on my hair, on scaly elbows, and on zits to speed up healing...but normally I use this on top of regular moisturizer when my face gets flaky/irritated, it works miracles and soothes instantly when it comes to that, I also use this mixed with powdered milk to make a face mask. This is a must have and I always have a large tube of Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel in my bathroom cabinet.

I started using this a few years back as my night time moisturizer. It is GREAT. This is the one product that will never ever cause me to break out. It leaves my skin very soft! Reduces my redness too.. ahh.. the best.

on 1/26/2008 3:46:00 AM

Apparently my face hates aloe vera. :( I had heard the raves about aloe vera gel as a moisturizer, so I snatched up a small travel size bottle at Target. I've been drinking aloe vera juice since I was a child, and my mom often used the leaves an as ingredient in homemade facial masks. I really thought I had found my HG moisturizer for a super-cheap price! It's a bit sticky, but it absorbed into my skin fairly quickly. I had been having issues with dry flakiness, but this stuff left my skin so hydrated and supple! Unfortunately soon after I had confidently bought a 12oz. bottle of this, I realized that this was causing some cysts! I really wish this had worked out for me~

on 1/18/2008 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I always keep a bottle of this stuff around because it is so multifunctional!

on 1/3/2008 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

WOW! I can't believe this is on here .. but I'm so glad it is! This stuff is amazing. Like actually, amazing. It is like heaven sent. I used it during my vacation in Honolulu, as soon as I saw signs of a burn, I slapped this on and no burn, just an amazing tan. I love this. Also, if you use it on a burn.. your burn will dissapear. I am buying cases of this.

Popular Body Skincare Products