Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aloe vera gel, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer 940, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea.

This is quickly becoming the most versatile beauty product that I own. I use it at night as a moisturizer after I apply benzoyl peroxide and sometimes in the morning as a makeup primer. It really works well to mattify my oily skin. Fruit of the Earth is also wonderful as a hair gel. My hair is light and bouncy no matter how much I use, and it is great at taming frizz. I've been reading that other reviewers apply it after they pluck their eyebrows, and I'm excited to try it for this. I also read that it can be mixed for an aspirin mask, which would be a good occasional alternative to the honey I usually use. Not to mention how great this stuff is for sunburns.
I love this aloe vera gel and strongly recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive acne-prone skin. This has been a lifesaver!

UPDATE: I've started shaving with aloe vera gel in a pinch....like when I get home from work, decide to change into shorts and realize I haven't shaved in a couple days. Just apply a thin layer like shave gel and it works great. I smooth in the excess afterwards and don't even need lotion. Just make sure to rinse the razor really well.

on 2/26/2008 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I don't find this to kill pimples at all. I also don't find it to be moisturizing. However, it is very cooling and soothing, and it tightens and mattifies skin. I put on a pea-size of aloe in the morning after my Moisture Surge spray, before my sunscreen, and it really makes a difference in controlling oiliness throughout the day. And because it's so cheap, I will happily slather on that pea-sized amount with zero guilt. I will say, however, that it tends to be drying. Moisture spray + aloe = balanced skin that's hydrated but non-oily.

on 2/19/2008 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is the ONLY thing that works on the dehydrated/flaky patches of rough skin I get around my nose and cheeks!! I also use this to smooth down frizziness on my hair, on scaly elbows, and on zits to speed up healing...but normally I use this on top of regular moisturizer when my face gets flaky/irritated, it works miracles and soothes instantly when it comes to that, I also use this mixed with powdered milk to make a face mask. This is a must have and I always have a large tube of Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel in my bathroom cabinet.

I started using this a few years back as my night time moisturizer. It is GREAT. This is the one product that will never ever cause me to break out. It leaves my skin very soft! Reduces my redness too.. ahh.. the best.

on 1/26/2008 3:46:00 AM

Apparently my face hates aloe vera. :( I had heard the raves about aloe vera gel as a moisturizer, so I snatched up a small travel size bottle at Target. I've been drinking aloe vera juice since I was a child, and my mom often used the leaves an as ingredient in homemade facial masks. I really thought I had found my HG moisturizer for a super-cheap price! It's a bit sticky, but it absorbed into my skin fairly quickly. I had been having issues with dry flakiness, but this stuff left my skin so hydrated and supple! Unfortunately soon after I had confidently bought a 12oz. bottle of this, I realized that this was causing some cysts! I really wish this had worked out for me~

on 1/18/2008 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I always keep a bottle of this stuff around because it is so multifunctional!

on 1/3/2008 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

WOW! I can't believe this is on here .. but I'm so glad it is! This stuff is amazing. Like actually, amazing. It is like heaven sent. I used it during my vacation in Honolulu, as soon as I saw signs of a burn, I slapped this on and no burn, just an amazing tan. I love this. Also, if you use it on a burn.. your burn will dissapear. I am buying cases of this.

on 12/28/2007 8:04:00 PM

I've been using this product for around 4 years now. and i must say that this is indefinitely a must have in my beauty routine. i use this after toner and before moisturiser day and night. it's not a miracle product but i do find that if i stop using this, my skin is not as radiant. i find that this is great for protecting my skin from the environment/pollution etc., it's great to tone down redness whether it's from popping pimples (yes i know i really shouldn't do this...but i still do anyway lol), or after sun care. it helps the skin heal much quicker. but since there are so many additives, i might try an alternative after finishing this tube. although I'm not all that fussed, as long as it works, i'll keep using it.

on 12/23/2007 1:24:00 AM

I've been using this product for about 6 months and I haven't noticed much reduction in acne scars, however, it does a good job at soothing the inflammation from newly-formed acne. I don't like that this product makes my eyes sting, especially if I'm wearing eyeliner. It's also not very moisturizing; it makes my skin feel pretty dry, but I guess that's a good thing since I can use it to tone down my skin's oiliness before applying makeup.

on 12/4/2007 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this aloe vera gel. I have naturally curly hair, and this is the only product I will use on it, it defines so well without weighing the hair down. I just scrunch my hair with the gel when it's wet, and then diffuse it. I can reapply throughout the day for more definition.

Popular Body Skincare Products