Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 12/5/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This one doesn't work with any mascara. Ironically, it didn't work with Lancome Hypnose mascara - it was better without the primer as it made the lashes stiff and spidery. Ew. At least I was glad I didnt buy a full size tube and threw it at the bottom of my drawer.
Recently I decided to give it a try with my Maybelline Full n Soft mascara - and WOW I have babydoll lashes! They are longer, fuller, look like falsies!
And a tip: dont let it dry before you apply your mascara, apply mascara immediately. If you let it dry, it becomes stiff and your lashes end up looking messy and hard.
So I gave it a 4* as it doesnt work with any mascara and its application is sometimes tricky.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Most definantly will keep buying this!!! Been using for about two years with the original difincils mascara! Love them both! I have always had great lashes but nothing like when I use this! I would always end up with racoon eyes...NOT with this stuff!

on 11/19/2009 4:40:00 PM

Love this!! Hands down best primer I've ever used! It makes any mascara so much better!

on 11/18/2009 1:33:00 AM

i love experimenting with mascara related things. i was using shiseido's mascara base before and i started wondering if other mascara bases were just as good. so, i decided to give lancome's a shot. now, i have NEVER been satisfied with lancome products simply because their mascaras always end up making my lashes look dry and stiff. formula is always clumpy but somehow i started thinking this mascara base would be different. boy, am i freakin` stupid or what? the mascara base did nothing for my lashes. lengthen them a little? perhaps. it seems as though the product wasn't really going on to my lashes and overall, i didn't see much of a difference. it looks better when i don't use it. maybe it's because i have short asian lashes, it might work better for others but i hated this base.

on 11/18/2009 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm still working my way through some samples of this and dread the day I run out and have to pay so much to replace it. But, what can I say? It works and to me, it makes a noticeable difference. Any mascara looks wonderful after applying this product, though especially Lancome Definicils.

on 11/16/2009 10:19:00 AM

This is a great product. Performs just as advertised. Thickens lashes, wears beautifully. Mascara looks great and lasts great.
Really good product. I bought this when Lancome discontinued the Fatale mascara that I really liked for evening wear.
I wanted something that adds thickness to my already long, but thin lashes and this does the job beautifully. I wear it with the Christian Dior Show mascara. It looks great day or evening.

I have bought this many times! I love it...it really makes a difference in how my lashes looked after mascara! I think it really is conditioning because of the patenol and such...but my curl stays better and my lashes look fresh! Worth a try. HG.

on 11/9/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been a lancome cils booster xl and the original version user for 4+ years. This stuff makes mascara application easier and does make your lashes look longer and fuller. However, it does nothing to help your lashes keep a curl, even with my shu curler. So recently I changed to the shiseido mascara base. Shiseido does help keep a curl, but it does not do as good of a job in the length and volume department as this one does. If your lashes are generally a happy bunch and stay curled, then this is a very good base. Unfortunately, my lashes are just straight most of the time and won't stay curled without some excessive forcing in the form a of a curler and waxy base. It really depends on your preferences, but this is an overall very good base and I do recommend it.

on 10/31/2009 2:32:00 PM

This was the first mascara base I had tried so I didn't really know what to expect. I was quite pleased with the effect as there was a definite improvement in the look of the lashes after applying mascara - they did look a little longer and thicker.

At first I found the wand too clumsy to apply the product with so was using a disposable mascara brush to do this as it made the job much easier. The wand it comes with doesn't really have enough grip and the effect is clumpy. However, I soon realised that using it this way I was wasting some of the product each time and it isn't cheap!

That is possibly my main gripe with this. In no time at all the tube was empty! Just a few weeks, admittedly using most days but I expected it to last longer than that. So after that I bought Mac's Prep & Prime Lash Base which is cheaper and you get stacks more - but it's ghastlly! (see separate review). So I will be going back to Cils Booster XL after all (unless I find something better)

I have been using this for months and finally decided to write a review. I have tried similar products from other brands, but this is the best. What also helped me is the SA said to do one eye at a time: apply the booster, then immediately apply my mascara of choice. Since I am older and my lashes are thinning, etc. (oh yes...just PART of the fun) I need all the help I can get. Why I am finally writing it because I am on my second tube of this stuff....and I have noticed that my eyelashes are somewhat thicker, longer, and looking healthier. I remember seeing such claims for Lancome's booster on one of the shopping shows, but like so many product claims, I thought, "Oh yeah, probably not." But, for me, it has actually worked. So, not only does it help the mascara to make my lashes seem fuller and longer, and not flake off, it has actually improved the condition of my lashes. YAY!