October 22, 2014 | 1856 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by chayamk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product. Performs just as advertised. Thickens lashes, wears beautifully. Mascara looks great and lasts great.
Really good product. I bought this when Lancome discontinued the Fatale mascara that I really liked for evening wear.
I wanted something that adds thickness to my already long, but thin lashes and this does the job beautifully. I wear it with the Christian Dior Show mascara. It looks great day or evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I have bought this many times! I love it...it really makes a difference in how my lashes looked after mascara! I think it really is conditioning because of the patenol and such...but my curl stays better and my lashes look fresh! Worth a try. HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by bluepig486

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a lancome cils booster xl and the original version user for 4+ years. This stuff makes mascara application easier and does make your lashes look longer and fuller. However, it does nothing to help your lashes keep a curl, even with my shu curler. So recently I changed to the shiseido mascara base. Shiseido does help keep a curl, but it does not do as good of a job in the length and volume department as this one does. If your lashes are generally a happy bunch and stay curled, then this is a very good base. Unfortunately, my lashes are just straight most of the time and won't stay curled without some excessive forcing in the form a of a curler and waxy base. It really depends on your preferences, but this is an overall very good base and I do recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first mascara base I had tried so I didn't really know what to expect. I was quite pleased with the effect as there was a definite improvement in the look of the lashes after applying mascara - they did look a little longer and thicker.

At first I found the wand too clumsy to apply the product with so was using a disposable mascara brush to do this as it made the job much easier. The wand it comes with doesn't really have enough grip and the effect is clumpy. However, I soon realised that using it this way I was wasting some of the product each time and it isn't cheap!

That is possibly my main gripe with this. In no time at all the tube was empty! Just a few weeks, admittedly using most days but I expected it to last longer than that. So after that I bought Mac's Prep & Prime Lash Base which is cheaper and you get stacks more - but it's ghastlly! (see separate review). So I will be going back to Cils Booster XL after all (unless I find something better)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cheerfulearthling

I have been using this for months and finally decided to write a review. I have tried similar products from other brands, but this is the best. What also helped me is the SA said to do one eye at a time: apply the booster, then immediately apply my mascara of choice. Since I am older and my lashes are thinning, etc. (oh yes...just PART of the fun) I need all the help I can get. Why I am finally writing it because I am on my second tube of this stuff....and I have noticed that my eyelashes are somewhat thicker, longer, and looking healthier. I remember seeing such claims for Lancome's booster on one of the shopping shows, but like so many product claims, I thought, "Oh yeah, probably not." But, for me, it has actually worked. So, not only does it help the mascara to make my lashes seem fuller and longer, and not flake off, it has actually improved the condition of my lashes. YAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by pompodore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

THE LOOK: Gives a dramatic look & fantastic curl to my thin but long lashes. May at times leave lashes "spikey".

USAGE TIPS: Keep your lash comb handy because it can tend to clump. Also watch out for the packaging: The inner rim of the tube may become displaced, so you end up with far too much on the wand so it is almost impossible to control. I have had this happen to two of the Lancome tubes.

THE VERDICT: I was expecting more, given that I was impressed with the original cils booster. I assumed that cils booster XL would be far superior. I guess I was a little dissapointed. I would buy again if the original cils booster is unavailable. Also it is suitable for a dramatic look and goes well with all the Lancome mascaras and YSL faux cils.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by pradachic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this product after marveling at how long the SA eyelashes were. It is amazing! i have very short stubby lashes and a few coats of the primer made them much longer and thicker. if used with a good mascara your lashes look amazing! The price is high £18 but for the effect it is worth it. I actually think the product works best towards the end of the tube once it has dried out a bit. HG for me.
The only only down side is that i worry about loosing eyelshes when i remove this, makes sure you use a very good quailty remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ycats0273

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

y cousin and I were on a girl's get a way this last past weekend. We were heading to the Mac counter when a perfume saleslady referred us to the Lancome counter. I am not really big on mascara; I love lip-stick, gloss, plumpers! My cousin really is a plain jane and I insisted on her getting a new lip color. We did find her and myself a new lipgloss, but the Lancome rep. decided to apply mascara to my cousin's lashes. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her lashes lengthened and curled! The Lancome rep gave us samples and we were thrilled. However, the Lancome rep then told us about the CILS booster. I was a skeptic. I had her to apply just the mascara to one eye and the booster and mascara to the other eye. Boy, could you tell the difference. My lashes were even longer. So of course, I bought the CILS booster to go with my samples. I went to work yesterday, and everyone thought I had on fakies!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how this improves your mascara. I rarely ever use mascara without applying this first. I tried it in a sample size that came in a set (and the samples lasted forever). Then I decided to get the full size.

Love it and won't go without it. Not sure what the difference is between regular Cils and Cils XL but I've only tried the XL

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by mel1804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this product with a gift bag with my purchase of other Lancôme products. This base is great! It lenghtens and separates my lashes beautifully. The only problem I have is sometimes you can see the base underneath the mascara but maybe the problem is my application. I highly recommend it even though it is quite expensive.