September 1, 2014 | 1088 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by undine24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me start this reivew by explaining that I'm not a primer sort of girl. I've tried primers of all kinds (foundation, lipstick, etc)., and usually (with the exception of the Urban Decay's Primer Potion and the product being reviewed) find them to be mere gimmicks whose true purpose is to convince you that you need yet additional beauty products. Lancome Cils Booster, though, actually does significantly increase lash thickness/length. (I already have thick lashes, too, which makes the difference all the more apparent.) I'm glad a kind swapper threw in a GWP-size sample of Cils Booster as an extra, or I never would've known of its existence. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first mascara base I had tried so I didn't really know what to expect. I was quite pleased with the effect as there was a definite improvement in the look of the lashes after applying mascara - they did look a little longer and thicker.

At first I found the wand too clumsy to apply the product with so was using a disposable mascara brush to do this as it made the job much easier. The wand it comes with doesn't really have enough grip and the effect is clumpy. However, I soon realised that using it this way I was wasting some of the product each time and it isn't cheap!

That is possibly my main gripe with this. In no time at all the tube was empty! Just a few weeks, admittedly using most days but I expected it to last longer than that. So after that I bought Mac's Prep & Prime Lash Base which is cheaper and you get stacks more - but it's ghastlly! (see separate review). So I will be going back to Cils Booster XL after all (unless I find something better)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cheerfulearthling

I have been using this for months and finally decided to write a review. I have tried similar products from other brands, but this is the best. What also helped me is the SA said to do one eye at a time: apply the booster, then immediately apply my mascara of choice. Since I am older and my lashes are thinning, etc. (oh yes...just PART of the fun) I need all the help I can get. Why I am finally writing it because I am on my second tube of this stuff....and I have noticed that my eyelashes are somewhat thicker, longer, and looking healthier. I remember seeing such claims for Lancome's booster on one of the shopping shows, but like so many product claims, I thought, "Oh yeah, probably not." But, for me, it has actually worked. So, not only does it help the mascara to make my lashes seem fuller and longer, and not flake off, it has actually improved the condition of my lashes. YAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by pompodore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

THE LOOK: Gives a dramatic look & fantastic curl to my thin but long lashes. May at times leave lashes "spikey".

USAGE TIPS: Keep your lash comb handy because it can tend to clump. Also watch out for the packaging: The inner rim of the tube may become displaced, so you end up with far too much on the wand so it is almost impossible to control. I have had this happen to two of the Lancome tubes.

THE VERDICT: I was expecting more, given that I was impressed with the original cils booster. I assumed that cils booster XL would be far superior. I guess I was a little dissapointed. I would buy again if the original cils booster is unavailable. Also it is suitable for a dramatic look and goes well with all the Lancome mascaras and YSL faux cils.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by pradachic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this product after marveling at how long the SA eyelashes were. It is amazing! i have very short stubby lashes and a few coats of the primer made them much longer and thicker. if used with a good mascara your lashes look amazing! The price is high £18 but for the effect it is worth it. I actually think the product works best towards the end of the tube once it has dried out a bit. HG for me.
The only only down side is that i worry about loosing eyelshes when i remove this, makes sure you use a very good quailty remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ycats0273

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

y cousin and I were on a girl's get a way this last past weekend. We were heading to the Mac counter when a perfume saleslady referred us to the Lancome counter. I am not really big on mascara; I love lip-stick, gloss, plumpers! My cousin really is a plain jane and I insisted on her getting a new lip color. We did find her and myself a new lipgloss, but the Lancome rep. decided to apply mascara to my cousin's lashes. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her lashes lengthened and curled! The Lancome rep gave us samples and we were thrilled. However, the Lancome rep then told us about the CILS booster. I was a skeptic. I had her to apply just the mascara to one eye and the booster and mascara to the other eye. Boy, could you tell the difference. My lashes were even longer. So of course, I bought the CILS booster to go with my samples. I went to work yesterday, and everyone thought I had on fakies!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how this improves your mascara. I rarely ever use mascara without applying this first. I tried it in a sample size that came in a set (and the samples lasted forever). Then I decided to get the full size.

Love it and won't go without it. Not sure what the difference is between regular Cils and Cils XL but I've only tried the XL

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by mel1804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this product with a gift bag with my purchase of other Lancôme products. This base is great! It lenghtens and separates my lashes beautifully. The only problem I have is sometimes you can see the base underneath the mascara but maybe the problem is my application. I highly recommend it even though it is quite expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite primer! It separates my lashes beautifully so they look full. It's not hard or heavy and makes my lashes look awesome. I pump my eyelash curler a couple times before I coat them with the primer, and it holds the curl all day. Great stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by RAWRitsjennays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this product did make my lashes look a bit bigger but besides that, the product sucked.
it didn't hold my curl at all!!! after i applied my mascara, my lashes drooped and stuff.