Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 1/6/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was really impressed with this product! Cils Booster XL and the Hypnose mascara are among my first foray into Lancome beauty products (along with the other items that came in the 2009 holiday beauty box). Hypnose on it's own adds the perfect black color to my light brown lashes, and lengthens impressively. With the Cils Booster XL, it truly looks as though I am wearing fake eyelashes.

One downside is that without the booster, the Hypnose NEVER clumps on me, but with it, it takes some effort to take off excess clumping and separating 'spider lashes'. With a little experience I have learned that you do NOT have to use so much Cils Booster XL that your lashes are completely white, just one or two light brushes over the lashes is fine, even if you don't see much white color. Then, applying the mascara 30 seconds to 1 minute after applying the booster seems to work best for me.

In summary, an amazing product that, with a little experience of application, absolutely lives up to the claim of creating an amazing false eyelash look with none of the effort, discomfort, or worry that the glue will fail and your lashes will come undone halfway through the evening.

The look is absolutely dramatic.

on 12/24/2009 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The Lancôme Cils Booster XL did not work for me. I have fairly nice lashes as they are very long. However, they are blonde and I am always looking for lots of volume, extra length, and drama. I was looking for a primer and ordered Cils Booster XL based on the good reviews, but it just didn't work out.

Application:
It goes on a transparent white shade, which I liked. It wasn't pure white and did not look unnatural like some primers can. It also applied very easily. It wasn't overly dry or overly wet. It seemed to apply similar to the Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator, if you have tried that.

Lashes:
When I first put on the Cils, I did notice that it first seemed to extend my lashes making them appear longer. However, when I put on mascara, I didn't notice any improvement in my lashes. In fact, the Cils seemed to make my lashes appear more sparse, which I found very odd. I combed through my lashes, but they still appeared sparse. With mascara, my lashes didn't appear longer either. I first curl my lashes with the Shu curler. The Cils seemed to weigh down the curl and flatten my lashes. I tried using it with a number of different mascaras, including Lancôme Hypnose, YSL Faux Cils, Maybelline Full & Soft, and Max Factor 2000 Calorie. I didn't notice any improvement. Interestingly, it worked the worst with Lancôme's Hynose mascara. Hypnose was one of my worst purchases in 2009 as I really disliked that mascara. When I used Hypnose and the Cils Booster XL together, my lashes turned into a crunchy, spidery mess. Apart these two products are not great, but together they were absolutely horrible. I returned the Cils XL primer because it did nothing for my lashes.

Ratings:

Overall Rating - 2. It's not the worst product I've ever used, but it didn't work for my lashes.

Price - 5. It retails at Sephora for $21.50. I purchased through Sephora's Annual Friends & Family sale and received 20% off. This is expensive for a mascara primer, but I wouldn't think twice about buying this if it worked. Unfortunately, it did nothing for my lashes.

Packaging Quality - 3. There is nothing special here, but it has a simple design and is easy to use.

Would I buy this product again? No. It did not work for me. I returned it.

on 12/23/2009 3:15:00 AM

I love this mascara base. I first got my hand on this when I had my makeup done at Lancome after seeing the effect had been made to my lashes. So I decided to buy this for a try and had been using this for the last few months. It had definitely lengthened my lashes and boost up the volume. Love the new look on my lashes and cannot live without it.

Wow, the difference a mascara base would make! I tried this for the first time last week and the cute boy who sat next to me commented on how long my lashes look. That's really saying something! *runs to buy tons more* XD

My lashes are definitelt noticeably longer with this product. I apply this first and before it dries, immediately apply my mascara. Va Va Voom, my lashes never looked more fuller and longer. Definitely a HG for me.

on 12/5/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This one doesn't work with any mascara. Ironically, it didn't work with Lancome Hypnose mascara - it was better without the primer as it made the lashes stiff and spidery. Ew. At least I was glad I didnt buy a full size tube and threw it at the bottom of my drawer.
Recently I decided to give it a try with my Maybelline Full n Soft mascara - and WOW I have babydoll lashes! They are longer, fuller, look like falsies!
And a tip: dont let it dry before you apply your mascara, apply mascara immediately. If you let it dry, it becomes stiff and your lashes end up looking messy and hard.
So I gave it a 4* as it doesnt work with any mascara and its application is sometimes tricky.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Most definantly will keep buying this!!! Been using for about two years with the original difincils mascara! Love them both! I have always had great lashes but nothing like when I use this! I would always end up with racoon eyes...NOT with this stuff!

on 11/19/2009 4:40:00 PM

Love this!! Hands down best primer I've ever used! It makes any mascara so much better!

on 11/18/2009 1:33:00 AM

i love experimenting with mascara related things. i was using shiseido's mascara base before and i started wondering if other mascara bases were just as good. so, i decided to give lancome's a shot. now, i have NEVER been satisfied with lancome products simply because their mascaras always end up making my lashes look dry and stiff. formula is always clumpy but somehow i started thinking this mascara base would be different. boy, am i freakin` stupid or what? the mascara base did nothing for my lashes. lengthen them a little? perhaps. it seems as though the product wasn't really going on to my lashes and overall, i didn't see much of a difference. it looks better when i don't use it. maybe it's because i have short asian lashes, it might work better for others but i hated this base.

on 11/18/2009 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm still working my way through some samples of this and dread the day I run out and have to pay so much to replace it. But, what can I say? It works and to me, it makes a noticeable difference. Any mascara looks wonderful after applying this product, though especially Lancome Definicils.

on 11/16/2009 10:19:00 AM

This is a great product. Performs just as advertised. Thickens lashes, wears beautifully. Mascara looks great and lasts great.
Really good product. I bought this when Lancome discontinued the Fatale mascara that I really liked for evening wear.
I wanted something that adds thickness to my already long, but thin lashes and this does the job beautifully. I wear it with the Christian Dior Show mascara. It looks great day or evening.

Popular Mascaras