MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

I love this brush! It's stiff and great for putting on eyeshadow. ALTHOUGH, the price is ridiculous. There is an EXACT dupe that is a paint brush. So why would you need this for the $24 it is. There is also some brushes I have from Target that are the same. Not worth it if you don't have the money / even if you have the money. Overall as a product it's good. It's overrated.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this brush for ages and the hairs are still as soft and smooth as the day I originally purchased it. This hold it's shape well, never sheds and cleans like a dream. The hairs are so thick that they grip shadow without the least bit of pressure - no other shading brush I have applies product like this one does and I'm not lying when I say this brush totally changed the way I did makeup after I first bought it. I also want to say that anyone looking for a fast and super effective way to add color to your outer V should take a second look at this brush - the thickness and cut of the bristles make application fool proof.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just recently purchased this brush and I now understand why everyone on MUA raves about. I use it to place eyeshadow to the lids and this brush holds so much more of the product than any other brush I have tried. It is dense but still soft to the touch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

No brush I've tried packs on color like this one. It's very dense and picks up a lot of color. Perfect for packing on shadow onto your lid.

I'll keep this simple:
1) Thick, soft bristles get a good amount of product onto brush. I often find that I don't have to 're-dip' my brush into an e/s as often as when I use a smaller brush.
2) As it's got quite a lot of bristles it creates a thick enough tip that's great for blending out colours in the crease and for placing colours on the 'outer V' of the eye.
3) MAC brushes are not cheap, they are pricey but I think when a consumer walks in knowing how much money they spend, they not only buy the quality but also the brand. I don't mind paying more for a brand I like to support, plus it is definitely a good quality brush. Hasn't shed a single bristle on me - ever. It's not just got quality bristles it's also got a quality handle. I love the matte handles of MAC brushes, great to the touch.
4) Can I also just mention how super duper soft the hairs are? I love touching it even when I'm not applying make up. It's definitely very gentle on the eyes - again, worth the money. I don't think anyone wants a scratchy brush working on the gentle skin of their eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I adore my 139 so much! Not a day goes by that I don't use it. It applies color perfectly, whether you want an intense or sheer application. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This brush is fantastic for packing color on with absolutely NO fallout! I had a problem applying MAC "Antiqued" with a fluffy brush. This does the trick!

I don't think its THAT expensive considering the quality of these brushes. They will last a long time if cared for properly. I love this brush. Dense yet soft. Just what I was looking for. I was wanting this brush for awhile but I didn't want to pay shipping and handling or go back to the MAC counter considering I annoyed the MUA's there so since I saw free shipping on the website, I said why not???

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i used to apply eyeshadow with my fingers and still do on occasion as its a good way of preventing fallout and getting a lot of colour on quickly, i bought some ruby and millie brushes which are good too but a bit scartchy and bought this after youtube and MUA hype yes its a great brush nice and flat and small good for my small lids, eyeshadow is not my main thing as i have very little lid space thats probably why i could live without this brush, i think blending brushes are more important though as blending is the key to beautiful eyeshadow as we all know, however i dont regret buying it though as i do use it frequently and it applies smoothly and i can see why it would work great for girls with larger lids wish i had bigger eyes!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this brush (together with 217) are ESSENTIALS in any persons makeup collection.
you cannot begin to understand how much product it picks up & how well it packs it onto the lids.
its my favourite brush (with 217 of course) & my life would mean nothing without it :-)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Love, love, love. A classic, essential brush.

Picks up and packs on colour like nothing else. Lovely and soft, no shedding despite the fact that I deep clean with baby shampoo every second day and wipe with MAC brush cleanser between colours.

Love enough to buy a second for diff colours.

Super expensive here in Australia ($48 from Myer) but so, so worth it.

Popular Makeup Brushes