November 22, 2014 | 994 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush is fantastic for packing color on with absolutely NO fallout! I had a problem applying MAC "Antiqued" with a fluffy brush. This does the trick!

I don't think its THAT expensive considering the quality of these brushes. They will last a long time if cared for properly. I love this brush. Dense yet soft. Just what I was looking for. I was wanting this brush for awhile but I didn't want to pay shipping and handling or go back to the MAC counter considering I annoyed the MUA's there so since I saw free shipping on the website, I said why not???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i used to apply eyeshadow with my fingers and still do on occasion as its a good way of preventing fallout and getting a lot of colour on quickly, i bought some ruby and millie brushes which are good too but a bit scartchy and bought this after youtube and MUA hype yes its a great brush nice and flat and small good for my small lids, eyeshadow is not my main thing as i have very little lid space thats probably why i could live without this brush, i think blending brushes are more important though as blending is the key to beautiful eyeshadow as we all know, however i dont regret buying it though as i do use it frequently and it applies smoothly and i can see why it would work great for girls with larger lids wish i had bigger eyes!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this brush (together with 217) are ESSENTIALS in any persons makeup collection.
you cannot begin to understand how much product it picks up & how well it packs it onto the lids.
its my favourite brush (with 217 of course) & my life would mean nothing without it :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Sianreya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love. A classic, essential brush.

Picks up and packs on colour like nothing else. Lovely and soft, no shedding despite the fact that I deep clean with baby shampoo every second day and wipe with MAC brush cleanser between colours.

Love enough to buy a second for diff colours.

Super expensive here in Australia ($48 from Myer) but so, so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

amazing brush. i put off buying this for a loooong time because its expensive but i must say that it applies eyeshadow better than any other brush i've ever tried. i used to use the eco-tools version of the brush because of the price difference bumt i must admit that i'm very happy with it. well worth it. worth the added expense because it should last you many years if you take care of it.
very versatile

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect brush for applying eyeshadow to the lid area ...... I get a perfect and flawless application each and every time ....... HG staus for me. I have strayed to other lines for brushes, but MAC is the best .... pricey but the best quality brushes. (the only exception is Sephora's smudge brush, which is a HG liner brush for me.)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by whitneyrbennett

Yes, this brush is very versatile and can apply color all over the lid, blend, and add highlight, but I feel like other similar brushes can work just as well. I got this particular brush because I am building my MAC makeup brush collection. So if you are doing the same, then this brush is a staple. But if you are just starting with makeup or aren't into makeup as much, the same style brush can be found for a much cheaper price elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely a must have brush. The bristols of this brush are stiff which allows you to create a shape you want. It also packs the right amount of color. A fluffier brush would be difficult because the flimsiness won't help make a good shape. Get this brush if you have the chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the go to brush for eye shadow placement!!! also love the white goat hair for cleaning purposes. this picks up color really well and holds it so there's no fallout. definitely gonna be buying a backup (2 if i had the money).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by goodhabits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic brush for packing on colour.

Positives: Does not shed, packs on colour like nothing else, holds its shape exceptionally well, can be used to cut the crease if no other brushes available, stiff and tapered which helps in picking up the e/s.

Negatives: MAC brushes are expensive. You can't have enough of these brushes! I'm constantly needing to clean mine because I use so many different colours on it! (Not that this is really a negative, its just hard to have many because of the price.)

Despite the price, you really are getting value for money because MAC brushes last and last if you take care of them properly.