August 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Glimmersticks eye liner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by teedums

I discovered these in 2000 and have been using them ever since. I have them in Saturn Grey, Blackest Black, and Cosmic Brown. I used to have in Starry Night Blue but it irritated my eyes for some reason so I have to buy the pencil in that color. Anyway, I like the fact that I don't have to fool with a sharpener, that really was the selling point for me. There are probably better eyeliners out there but these work fine for me. They are a bit pricey though, so I only try to buy when they are on sale. I don't think I would pay full price for one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by llipinsk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this eyeliner in copper and it was so hard I could barely get any product on my eyelids.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After using HE eyeliners, this just does not cut it. It pulls on the lid, the tip breaks off often, and I just do not like the effect I get with them (I have black and grey). I tried just using them on the water line and they do work a little better there. Even though they're cheap, I'm going to pass next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by princesslunardragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is pretty good overall. The quality of the color pay off varies from color to color, as does the hardness of the actual product. I personally find the plum to be very hard and took a lot of warming to get it to even apply moderate color. However the black has an amazing color pay off and texture. They are great for doing smokey looks and looks that you will be smudging the color out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by SophH

This eyeliner smudges quite a lot so it's not good for precision lining but it is great for doing a smudgey/smokey eye. The staying power is fine and the pigment is good-not bad for an eyeliner you can usually get for NZ$4.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by maraschino_cherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Breaks. Smudges. However, I have no complaints about pigment. Pigment is just fine. I have gone through too many of these eyeliners, politely trying to give them a chance.

The first one broke when I was applying it to my bf (don't ask :D) and the second I unwrapped and turned the turn-y bit only to find that the product refused to leave it's dark pencil-tube home. Okay, so I have finally had enough. I still have one in Fiery Black though, so I hope it doesn't meet a tragic end also.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by cocobun

I have the blackest black, soft black, brown, emerald, and plum colours. I love glimmersticks mainly because I don't have to sharpen them. Everytime I sharpen other eyeliners, I lose so much of it. These eye liners are great because they don't smudge either!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd heard so many friends rave about this, so I got two on sale, cosmic brown and black. Not much money, but wasted. It migrates like crazy and is under my eyes in no time. As someone else mentioned, the "self-sharpening" aspect doesn't produce a point so I had to create that. After I threw them away, I bought a Mally Brownstone eye palette that came with a black liner and I swear, it was just like a Glimmerstick but in a prettier presentation, so I guess I'm really in the minority about this type of liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why I won't buy this product again:
1- Smudges like no other eyeliner ever, although it does come in handy for a smoky.
2- The Blackest Black color is really black tinged with blue. I've been asked countless times if I'm wearing navy blue liner.
3- The waxy liner is easy to break if you press even a little hard.

Not recommended unless you're a beginner.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by jacquiesaur

Rich color, easy to use. Smudges like craaazy!