Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 4/2/2007 9:01:00 AM

This is truly a miracle worker! I have been through a plethora of products that dare claim to make a real difference in the condition of my hair. Nexxus Emergencee has really outshined them all. It really has improved the texture, feel and look of my hair. I have fine, colour-treated hair and I have had nothing but success with this product. Def need a moisturizing conditioner after application of this. I apply it in my shower after shampooing, squeeze into hands and evenly coat hair. Then I apply a shower cap and leave it on as long as I can. Rinse it out well and apply conditioner. My bottle states 2-3 minutes but I leave it in as long as my shower takes me. It really makes my hair behave and I use it every few days to once a week depending. It may seem like a lot of money to fork over but in reality it is an excellent value for the results I get. Will def repurchase again and again!

on 3/26/2007 2:18:00 PM

I have fine, colored hair that was in need of some TLC so I bought this based on the reviews here.

I think it is really important to stress again that you definitely use a conditioner after this treatment... it's not a deep conditioning treatment in and of itself. I think it just repairs your hair and makes it more receptive for the conditioner.

Anyway, the first itme I used it I didn't see a big difference -- but after the second time last week -- I'm not kidding... completely transformed hair! Softer than it's been since I started coloring it a year a go.

This stuff is so pricey, but definitely worth a try if you are hard on your hair.

on 3/24/2007 11:07:00 AM

I tried Emergencee for the first time last night. I bought it at Harmon's.
First I 'pooed with Kiwi, I think, then applied the Emergencee. Some people have said a little goes a long way, but I think I used half the bottle! Maybe it just soaked right into my hair.
Kept it on for 20 minutes (no heat, just a towel) -- then 'pooed again (according to the directions) then conditioned with Humectress. I left the conditioner on, then rinsed it out about 20 minutes later. My hair still felt stiff upon drying, so I conditioned again with Humectress and left it on all night. This morning I rinsed it out. What was amazing is that I didn't have clumps of hair falling out as usual. Maybe a couple of strands, that's it!! After drying, my hair is very soft, a little more bouncy, actually my color tone seems more even. It added a bit of a shine.
I'm going to get my hair trimmed in 1/2 hour so hopefully when I cut off my MANY dead ends... I'll have a new head of hair.
I like this product alot. I may even raise my rating to a 5 after trying it for a while!

PS Do NOT get this stuff in your eyes. OUCH. I guess the "acid" ingredient is what hurt.

on 3/17/2007 10:59:00 AM

This is the best conditioner/reconstructor for your hair! LOVE THIS. It repairs the worst of hair back to healthy state. My hair is fine, thin, and colored. It's dry as straw (literally) when wet, but this gives it vitality again and keeps it from breaking off and brings the life back to it. Wonderful stuff. I need a gallon! One secret, my hairstylist said don't wash it out. You apply it for 3-5 minutes after washing, and rinse. Washing it out removes half the good stuff! I leave it in...rinse and style. When it's wet, it feels funny because of the product, but it's soft when dried and full of body. Forgot to add that I condition with conditioning balm Biolage after rinsing. That's CRUTIAL! makes your hair extremely soft.

on 3/14/2007 3:40:00 PM

I've used this product on and off and I only remember how great it is when I stray away from it and my hair becomes extremely damaged (relaxers, flat iron, color. I've vowed to keep a bottle in my house at all times. It is the only reconstructor that stops my breakage after ONLY 1 treatment. Worth every single penny. There is not a product in the market nowadays that can compare.

on 3/6/2007 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

..every time i use this stuff after taking a break from it for a while, i am always amazed at what a difference it makes! i use this prior to and after coloring my hair, and it really does help improve the texture and condition of my hair. my hair is color-treated, dry, fine, and gets kinks in it from chemicals. this helps it look much smoother and less fly-away! a little pricey, but worth it to use at least once a month. make sure you condition well afterwards!

on 2/20/2007 12:28:00 AM

Absolutely spectacular -- Miracle stuff
Way expensive -- worth every penny !
I found on ebay cheap. Normally $15 for small bottle.
Be warned, they redid the instructions on the bottle, which now states to leave in for 3 minutes, similar to an average conditioner.
Don't believe it. Not sure if it was a printing/marketing error, or if Nexxus is figuring you'll go thru the product faster & need to buy more?
I definitely recommend going with the original instructions to saturate your hair & put on a plastic cap with heat for 10-15 minutes. Totally safe to leave in plastic for as long as you want, but not sure about heating for too long. When you first apply, this stuff feels kind of like thick dr pepper sticky stuff, but the results are incredible.
I use with a heating cap (yep, they r still out there :o) like $20 at cameobeauty.com or sometimes at walmart)
I have fine, colored hair with grown out perm tips (yuk), WAY dry & each time I use emergencee, my hair is drastically improved & stays that way.
Especially if you use the product consistently.
Totally eliminated my tumbleweeds -- 2 Thumbs WAY UP!

on 2/1/2007 9:06:00 AM

Excellent product. Worth every penny! The longer I leave it in my hair, the better.

on 1/18/2007 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Nice product. Gives my hair a lot of much needed restructuring... I use it once or twice a month. The packaging underwent some changes though it looks the same. I have two bottles, one says to leave on for 1-2 mintues however the newer bottles have different instructions. Just in case there's any discrepancy on how to use this...
Directions straight from the new-design bottle...

Shampoo with the Nexxus Shampoo for your type of hair. Towel dry hair. Apply an ample amount (approximately 1/2 ounce) of Emergencée to completely cover the hair and work through; cover hair with plastic cap. Leave in for 10 minutes with or without medium heat. Rinse with lukewarm water. Shampoo with Therappe Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo. Apply Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner into the hair to maintain moisture balance. Leave in for 3 minutes; rinse out. Proceed with styling. continued >>

on 1/11/2007 2:26:00 AM

THE BOMB ! I have naturally wavy long hair and went to get a spiral perm years ago when they first came out. Despite the warnings to the lady perming my hair that I curl FAST, she fried my hair. ( ever see the frizz eaze commercial with the lady with the hair all fried and dried and sticking out everywhere, that was me but worse ) I cried for days and then went on a search. A hairdresser told me to try this. I did and since it was such an emergency, I did an EXTREME application. I put this on my clean wet hair and then wrapped saran wrap around my head and keep heat on it for about 15 minutes to seal it in. I actually left the saran wrap on and went to sleep thinking it could not hurt till morning. I woke up, rinsed it out and added alittle humectrus conditioner and WOW, it was like I had NEW hair. I totally suggest doing that if your hair is REALLY bad. It was a miracle to me. I still use it on my naturally dry thin hair and always wrap in saran and heat it to lock it in but I no longer sleep in it. It is so worth the money !

Top Rated Nexxus Products