April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Treatments - Nexxus - Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by chadsmom

This is the best conditioner/reconstructor for your hair! LOVE THIS. It repairs the worst of hair back to healthy state. My hair is fine, thin, and colored. It's dry as straw (literally) when wet, but this gives it vitality again and keeps it from breaking off and brings the life back to it. Wonderful stuff. I need a gallon! One secret, my hairstylist said don't wash it out. You apply it for 3-5 minutes after washing, and rinse. Washing it out removes half the good stuff! I leave it in...rinse and style. When it's wet, it feels funny because of the product, but it's soft when dried and full of body. Forgot to add that I condition with conditioning balm Biolage after rinsing. That's CRUTIAL! makes your hair extremely soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Adana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this product on and off and I only remember how great it is when I stray away from it and my hair becomes extremely damaged (relaxers, flat iron, color. I've vowed to keep a bottle in my house at all times. It is the only reconstructor that stops my breakage after ONLY 1 treatment. Worth every single penny. There is not a product in the market nowadays that can compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Uncle_Joey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

..every time i use this stuff after taking a break from it for a while, i am always amazed at what a difference it makes! i use this prior to and after coloring my hair, and it really does help improve the texture and condition of my hair. my hair is color-treated, dry, fine, and gets kinks in it from chemicals. this helps it look much smoother and less fly-away! a little pricey, but worth it to use at least once a month. make sure you condition well afterwards!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Magickly7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely spectacular -- Miracle stuff
Way expensive -- worth every penny !
I found on ebay cheap. Normally $15 for small bottle.
Be warned, they redid the instructions on the bottle, which now states to leave in for 3 minutes, similar to an average conditioner.
Don't believe it. Not sure if it was a printing/marketing error, or if Nexxus is figuring you'll go thru the product faster & need to buy more?
I definitely recommend going with the original instructions to saturate your hair & put on a plastic cap with heat for 10-15 minutes. Totally safe to leave in plastic for as long as you want, but not sure about heating for too long. When you first apply, this stuff feels kind of like thick dr pepper sticky stuff, but the results are incredible.
I use with a heating cap (yep, they r still out there :o) like $20 at cameobeauty.com or sometimes at walmart)
I have fine, colored hair with grown out perm tips (yuk), WAY dry & each time I use emergencee, my hair is drastically improved & stays that way.
Especially if you use the product consistently.
Totally eliminated my tumbleweeds -- 2 Thumbs WAY UP!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by IAlone

Excellent product. Worth every penny! The longer I leave it in my hair, the better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice product. Gives my hair a lot of much needed restructuring... I use it once or twice a month. The packaging underwent some changes though it looks the same. I have two bottles, one says to leave on for 1-2 mintues however the newer bottles have different instructions. Just in case there's any discrepancy on how to use this...
Directions straight from the new-design bottle...

Shampoo with the Nexxus Shampoo for your type of hair. Towel dry hair. Apply an ample amount (approximately 1/2 ounce) of Emergencée to completely cover the hair and work through; cover hair with plastic cap. Leave in for 10 minutes with or without medium heat. Rinse with lukewarm water. Shampoo with Therappe Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo. Apply Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner into the hair to maintain moisture balance. Leave in for 3 minutes; rinse out. Proceed with styling. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by ruthiepa

THE BOMB ! I have naturally wavy long hair and went to get a spiral perm years ago when they first came out. Despite the warnings to the lady perming my hair that I curl FAST, she fried my hair. ( ever see the frizz eaze commercial with the lady with the hair all fried and dried and sticking out everywhere, that was me but worse ) I cried for days and then went on a search. A hairdresser told me to try this. I did and since it was such an emergency, I did an EXTREME application. I put this on my clean wet hair and then wrapped saran wrap around my head and keep heat on it for about 15 minutes to seal it in. I actually left the saran wrap on and went to sleep thinking it could not hurt till morning. I woke up, rinsed it out and added alittle humectrus conditioner and WOW, it was like I had NEW hair. I totally suggest doing that if your hair is REALLY bad. It was a miracle to me. I still use it on my naturally dry thin hair and always wrap in saran and heat it to lock it in but I no longer sleep in it. It is so worth the money !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by willowreed

I have been using this product off and on for years. I just read some of the reviews of it and was a little confused. No where on the bottle does it say to leave it in for 3 minutes, it says for 10 and it does not indicate to wash your hair afterward (some shampoo mixed with water), it does say to put some conditioner in afterward to 'maintain the moisture balance.' Maybe I have old bottles or the formulation changed?
I have never had a problem with it using it per the instructions. I have long hair, almost down to my waist, some dryness, but not a lot of dryness. The product always helped, so am glad I have it. :) I read about it on a long hair site, which gave their own instructions on stuff. I forgot the URL for it, but its long hair club or something like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by morgiepoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pro:
It is saving my hair!!! I used to blow-dry my hair and while brushing it, a ton of hair would come out, and now there's less and less! My hair feels stronger, and I really feel like this product is making a big big difference!

Cons:
It is so expensive! I paid 15 dollars with tax for this product, and the bottle is so tiny! It is hard to get the product out of the bottle and get it worked through my hair. If I forget to rinse it all out it leaves my hair very sticky, even when dry. MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS RINSE IT ALL OUT AND CONDITION AFTERWARDS.

Overall: Love this product, will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

Fantastic stuff, the only treatment which has really worked for my overprocessed highlighted hair. But before you rush out and buy it, note two things - it's not a conditioner, and it only repairs damaged hair, not healthy.

Here is how I use it:

first I wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo (Nexxus Aloe Rid) to allow better penetration of the treatment. I towel dry and apply the Emergencee generously, combing it through my hair with my fingers. As I work it in, it changes texture from a sort of egg white slime to a drier feel. If my hair remains tangly, I add more Emergencee, until it can be worked through easily. I pile my hair on top of my head, and leave it for the recommended ten minutes (uncovered). I rinse it out, then, as recommended on the bottle, apply a small amount of regular shampoo (Aveda Rosemary Mint) dissolved in water to my hair. I work this through very briefly then rinse it out. This step changes the hair texture from straw like to soft, so it shouldn't be left out. Then finally I apply a moisturising conditioner (Aveda Damage Remedy), then rinse this out.

Before using Emergencee, my ends were dry, frizzy and tangle prone. My hair had a strange chewing gum-like texture when wet, and took forever to dry. It improved visibly after the first treatment, and after four or five weekly uses, it is now strong, shiny, and generally healthy looking and feeling. Although this is expensive, if you have damaged hair, it is a godsend, and worth every penny. I recommend using in conjunction with Aveda Damage Remedy conditioner and treatment for best results. continued >>