Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, petrolatum, PEG-40 stearate, isodecyl oleate, steareth-2, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-4, DMDM Hydantoin, carbomer, isopropynyl butylcarbamate

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is the best, hands down, the absolute best eye makeup remover that I have ever used. Period. I strongly disagree with the previous reviewer for this product does remove my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in its entirety - I believe it is the method of removal that is in question and not the quality of this product.

The trick to removing mascara is to mimic the action of applying mascara. What I do when I remove my mascara is put a dab of Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover lotion in my hand, saturate a clean mascara wand, brush it through my lashes from root to tip several times, and gently wipe my eyelashes & when I am finished all my waterproof mascara has been removed, then I rinse the mascara wand, and then repeat this process on the other eye. This technique is the most gentle and effective way of taking off mascara that I have found and I hope this tip helps whomever reads this review.

By the way, this is wonderful product and it does indeed remove all my eye makeup (esp. my waterproof mascara), its very moisturizing, and its very very economical to boot and is worthy of HG status.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this when I'm not wearing waterproof mascara. I found that it just doesn't handle Voluminous Waterproof. It is gentle and effective for everything else. I stock up when Avon has sales, which is often.

Not only is this great at taking off makeup (can't vouch for waterproof), but this makes the skin under my eyes so smooth and soft. I have always hated taking off my eye make up at the end of the day, but now in a strange way I look forward to it. The creamy consistency may cause a bit of blurry eye if it gets in, but other than that this is a great remover and one that I will stick with for a while. Next time Avon has this for 99 cents I am going to buy ten bottles!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I used to never remove my eye makeup. But recently I've decided to start doing so. This is a all around great product. It takes the eye makeup off super quick. And even works on my mascara. I usually have to leave it on my lashes for a minute or so. It takes the mascara off much faster than a wet towlette does. It makes my eyes feel soft. This is really good for sensitive skin. Only sensitive part on my face are my eyes. Products like this usually irritate them. It smells really good too

This stuff works pretty well at removing eye make-up. Sometimes it doesn't get all of my mascara or eyeliner though, usually when wearing a particularly long-wearing or waterproof formula. I like the fact that it is a lotion consistency. I think that makes it easier to use than some of the watery eye make-up removers since I don't have to rub as much. It's really cheap too, the on sale price is usually $1.99 but sometimes it's only 99 cents.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the few removers that acutally takes off eye makeup without leaving any trace behind! I love the creamy consistancy of this stuff and it never irritates my eyes.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

love love love this stuff the only eye makeup remover i will use.

update: i know longer "Love" this stuff at all i like the oil free makeup remover type like mary kay eye stuff. so there way better things out there than this,

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can't say enough for this product! It is the first and only eye makeup remover I've ever used, but I still say it's the best! I bought a bottle for 99 and use it every single day to remove eye makeup (works quite beautifully on waterproof mascara). It's gentle and doesn't sting, and is not too oily either, which is good for when you have to redo your eyeliner. HG!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HG HG! This is a fantastic eye makeup remover! The best one I've used thus far. Very hydrating and isn't the least bit oily like other eye makeup removers I've tried. Seriously, it feels like a moisturizer and has the same consistency. I usually squeeze some onto a cotton ball or some tissue to remove makeup on both of my eyes and you don't need a lot. It even removes the almighty MAC Liquidlast eyeliner. It's very cheap ($4), but it comes in a really small bottle (60ml). So, I'd really stock up on this when I order, but hate how Avon products are so inaccessible (only through rep or website). But you can have more product for the same price if were to buy 5 bottles of this vs1 bottle from a high-end brand. Really worth it in my opinion. I also use this to remove makeup on my face (I normally only use blush and that's it). If it's gentle on my eyes, it's gentle on my face. If it would only remove my Shiseido sunblock, then it'll be perfect. Recommend!

Does NOT remove waterproof mascara. However, I just started using Sephora's waterproof eye makeup remover and would highly recommend. Great price too.