Mary Kay concealer

4.1

Water , Isononyl Isononanoate , Cyclopentasiloxane , Sorbitan Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Lauroyl Lysine , PTFE , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Propylene Glycol , Cetyl Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Sodium Chloride , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil , Beeswax , Nylon-12 , Tocopheryl Acetate , Diazolidinyl Urea , Retinyl Palmitate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract , Lecithin , Cyclohexasiloxane , Titanium Dioxide , Talc , Iron Oxides , Zinc Oxide May Contain Ingredients Ultramarines

on 1/15/2007 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I first was given a Mary Kay Concealer in 1979. It was the best concealer in terms of coverage, texture and color matching. I was a cosmetics virgin then and thought that all concealers would be alike. Wrong.....Mary Kay rules.

on 12/29/2006 2:24:00 PM

I got this in Beige. The yellow-based color is great for covering undereye darkness. It is kind of drying so I use lotion under my eyes and then I use a concealer brush to apply a very thin layer. It works great! As for pimples, I feel like it comes off a little bit, but I think the color is pretty good for covering pimples too. I think I just have to get the hang of applying it to pimples. Like I shouldn't touch it until it dries. Overall, I am very happy with it! It's very reasonably priced and a tube will last forever! Thanks Makeup Alley for convincing me to buy this. I would never have known about it otherwise!

on 12/16/2006 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have a very pink skin tone, and paper-thin skin. Therefore, I need something to contrast with my blemishes, not just cover them. The yellow concealer is the greatest thing I have ever found. I had been using green colored concealers for years to counteract the redness, but they are so hard to blend in to the rest of the skin. This yellow one contrasts with the redness, but also blends in to my foundation. People have told me that my skin looks like it is in better condition than it used to. While that is partially true because I am using better products and don't break out as much, the yellow concealer is a big part of it.

on 12/8/2006 4:33:00 PM

Great concealer, and a tube will last forever.

on 12/3/2006 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is definitely my favorite concealer. I use it with a concealer brush but could also be used with fingertips pretty effectively. My skin is pretty fair and I use Light Ivory, the lightest shade. It covers discolorations and blemishes easily and lasts all day with powder (even on my oily skin). Very high concentration of pigments means the tube lasts forever! My only complaint is that it is a little too pigmented to use under my eyes, and makes them look a little too makeup-y. Good stuff overall though.

on 10/10/2006 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect. The best concealer I have tried to date. I use the very lightest color, Light Ivory. When I first squeezed it out onto my finger, it looked too yellowish-white for my pink to neutral toned skin. But I was pleasantly surprised: It was perfect! My skin looks like it has a natural glow with this concealer. It is also very moisturizing: Wheat protein, retinyl palmitate, chamomile extract, lechithin, sphingolipids, ceramides, titanium dioxide, and zinc oxide.

on 10/6/2006 6:40:00 PM

To start, I've tried a few high end concealers and plenty of cheap ones. This is THE BEST one yet. I will start by saying I'm an extremely PPP with golden/yellow undertones. The light ivory was a perfect match for me, it is definitely yellow toned, so I can't imagine how yellow the 'yellow' shade must look. Anyway!

This is not something I would recommend for undereye circles, it is a pretty thick (but not to the point of being a cream) liquid, and it dried too quickly for me to be able to spread the product around the delicate eye area with fingers or a brush. On the face, though, it's fabulous! It is terrific for spot concealing any type of blemish, the tiniest dab of it gives complete coverage and blends easily, probably because it does dry so quickly. The staying power is also terrific, and it doesn't need powder to set it, but if I do powder it, it's fine. This stuff is also super cheap, got mine off e-bay for about $4.50. I will definitely re-purchase this.

on 9/20/2006 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love,love,love this concealer. I think the key is that a tiny bit goes a long way. I hate how with some concealers it's like if you happen to touch a spot that you'd covered up you have to re-apply. This stays on so well that you don't have to worry about re-applying the whole day. I only use it on pimples that I'm trying to cover. It doesn't seem to blend quite the way that I like under my eyes or on other spots where I have broken capillaries and stuff like that. I use a creamy concealer for those areas. I have sensitive skin and this has never make me break out or clogged my pores at all. It really is an amazing concealer. As small as the tube is, it also lasts a very long time.

on 9/8/2006 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! It is waterproof and they now carry the light ivory which is a good match for me! If you need something covered up this will definitely do the trick! I have combination skin and it does not at all make me break out! I also use the entire mary kay timewise face line and have noticed that when used together I never break out and have the best skin - so this just glides on well. When I deviate from the Mary Kay line and want to try something else I normally break out, although not too badly.

on 9/6/2006 4:50:00 PM

Well, I purchased the Ivory and the Yellow (dispite all the negative reviews about the yellow), but the Ivory turned out way too light and they yellow - well - perfect! The yellow seems darker than the Ivory and covers my redness, my red marks and my ruddiness perfectly. It blends a lot better in my skintone that the almost white Ivory (and it's not even the lightest shade!). I suppose that the normal skin tones are better for people with dark rings, while the yellow is much better for acne marks and red noses. :) I'll update later for breakouts.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products