August 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect. The best concealer I have tried to date. I use the very lightest color, Light Ivory. When I first squeezed it out onto my finger, it looked too yellowish-white for my pink to neutral toned skin. But I was pleasantly surprised: It was perfect! My skin looks like it has a natural glow with this concealer. It is also very moisturizing: Wheat protein, retinyl palmitate, chamomile extract, lechithin, sphingolipids, ceramides, titanium dioxide, and zinc oxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by tmking

To start, I've tried a few high end concealers and plenty of cheap ones. This is THE BEST one yet. I will start by saying I'm an extremely PPP with golden/yellow undertones. The light ivory was a perfect match for me, it is definitely yellow toned, so I can't imagine how yellow the 'yellow' shade must look. Anyway!

This is not something I would recommend for undereye circles, it is a pretty thick (but not to the point of being a cream) liquid, and it dried too quickly for me to be able to spread the product around the delicate eye area with fingers or a brush. On the face, though, it's fabulous! It is terrific for spot concealing any type of blemish, the tiniest dab of it gives complete coverage and blends easily, probably because it does dry so quickly. The staying power is also terrific, and it doesn't need powder to set it, but if I do powder it, it's fine. This stuff is also super cheap, got mine off e-bay for about $4.50. I will definitely re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by alli82985

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love,love,love this concealer. I think the key is that a tiny bit goes a long way. I hate how with some concealers it's like if you happen to touch a spot that you'd covered up you have to re-apply. This stays on so well that you don't have to worry about re-applying the whole day. I only use it on pimples that I'm trying to cover. It doesn't seem to blend quite the way that I like under my eyes or on other spots where I have broken capillaries and stuff like that. I use a creamy concealer for those areas. I have sensitive skin and this has never make me break out or clogged my pores at all. It really is an amazing concealer. As small as the tube is, it also lasts a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It is waterproof and they now carry the light ivory which is a good match for me! If you need something covered up this will definitely do the trick! I have combination skin and it does not at all make me break out! I also use the entire mary kay timewise face line and have noticed that when used together I never break out and have the best skin - so this just glides on well. When I deviate from the Mary Kay line and want to try something else I normally break out, although not too badly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by karinatwork

Well, I purchased the Ivory and the Yellow (dispite all the negative reviews about the yellow), but the Ivory turned out way too light and they yellow - well - perfect! The yellow seems darker than the Ivory and covers my redness, my red marks and my ruddiness perfectly. It blends a lot better in my skintone that the almost white Ivory (and it's not even the lightest shade!). I suppose that the normal skin tones are better for people with dark rings, while the yellow is much better for acne marks and red noses. :) I'll update later for breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by miasam17

This did not work well for me. I have very dark cicles and fine lines under my eyes, and although coverage is good, it can be drying and my fine lines are more obvious when I use this concealer. It is highly pigmented and you will only need a dot to apply. This is the cheaper version of Amazing Concealer by Amazing Cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 10:02:00 PM More reviews by WStepheni

At first, I didn't like this product at all- thought it was too thick. Then I got a foundation brush and tried the Mary Kay concealer again. It really only takes a little bit of this to cover up most anything. The shade I have is light ivory (I don't see the yellow that others do). I use it on top of foundation: under my eyes, around my nose and on a few acne scars on my cheeks and blend with the foundation brush. The squeeze tube packaging is really sanitary. I got this cheap off from e-Bay, but would definitely repurchase even at full price- it's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by 1110

I use this concealer in Beige, which is a yellow sort of beige. Great at hiding dark circles. I find that is too drying to use before foundation. So I have a trick, eye cream, foundation, YSL dab of touche eclat, and just a tiny dot of this under each eye...pat concealer in until the desired coverage is achieved. A tiny barely pin head dot will do. Pat a little powder to set. The results are well rested and smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by mtait

This review is for MK Signature™ Concealer in yellow. First of all, this really is yellow. Not slightly skin tone yellow, but YELLOW. It does blend in well, but may not be the right color for me. It initially does a good job of covering acne scares, but also highlights my pores way too much and fades - even if I set it with powder. It is AWFUL for my under eye area because it stings and settles into fine lines. It does an ok job of covering up my dark circles, but not so great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by RinoaHeartilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this cheaper than usual and no longer use it since it was drying out my undereyes, even with moisturizer. You only need a tiny dot of this product and the tube will last forever. I have to repeat that it's very dry, so I don't suggest it for under the eyes unless your skin is oily or the weather is humid.