MAC Frost - Angel

on 1/14/2012 10:13:00 PM

Everytime I went to MAC to buy a "new" pink lipstick for some strange reason I always seem to pick up the same color. Coincident? I don't think so. I first bought this color because I bought NARS Turkish delight and wanted to try out the whole Kim Kardashian nude lip look. I was really pleased with the color. I recommend you moisturize before you apply because it is a frost finish and it tends to look flaky but either than that its a great buy for $14

on 1/5/2012 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pretty pale pink that suits my skin tone well. I bought it to use with Stripdown liner (too warm for me) in order to create the Kim K nude lip. I find Angel to be a versatile color, because it looks good paired with almost any lip liner.

on 12/29/2011 7:18:00 PM

Love love love this lippy! So upset it snapped on me when i was under the invulence of alcohol :( Guess i'll just use a lip brush now and never take my lipsticks out with me ever again! Paired with Spice lipliner from MAC is perfect with Angel. Lovely with a smokey eye and in the day time. Get Angel Now! <3

on 12/21/2011 12:06:00 PM

Lovely baby pink lipstick with purple undertones. I hated this lipstick when I first purchased it as I felt it was too purple but I am starting to use it more now as I know it is so popular for a reason! When applied it goes on creamy and is very pigmented however it feels slightly gritty on my lips - this could be due to the frost finish which is not my favourite.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I definitley noticed the frost in this when I was blonde, but now that I am back to my natural brunette, this is much easier to wear. This is a cool-toned light pink, it almost looks a tiny bit light purple ( not the dreadful 90s purple though). Also for some reason this looks better when I have on a little bit more eye makeup than usual. Definitley make sure to apply a lipbalm underneat because this can make your lips very scaly looking. Not easy to wear, but when you get it right it look really pretty.

on 11/26/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this colour so so so so so so so so much wow it is just gorgeous! The creamy frosty texture, the colour of course, BUT leave it in the fridge(lol) if you want it to last a long time as its so creamy sometimes it starts to melt =( I will definately be asking for some of these lipsticks off santa for christmas ;) hope this helped :)

on 11/26/2011 9:19:00 AM

I really think this is one of those colors that looks different on everyone! I absolutely love it. It is a lighter nude-pink but not so light that it looks whitish or pastel on me. I am fair (NW20) and it brightens my face without looking too "lipstickey". The formulation is good - not the most moisturizing but wears well on me. I just swipe some lip balm on underneath and that does the trick.
I bought this with Stripdown liner and Florabundance gloss (on the SA's recommendation) and these look fabulous paired with Angel lipstick!

on 11/5/2011 11:05:00 PM

Very disappointed with this lipstick! I was looking for a lovely everyday pink lipstick and 'Angel' ticks all the right boxes shade-wise - I love the colour - but the consistency and staying power are not good.
I have lips that tend to be quite dry but I always make sure I apply chapstick before lipstick. However even when I do 'Angel' always ends up drying my lips as soon as I apply and starts to stick to the dry parts of my lips which looks terrible. I also find it lasts about half an hour or less.
So it's a gorgeous colour but I just don't bother using as it as I know it'll only be visible for such a short space of time.

on 11/3/2011 11:37:00 PM

This is a very pretty nude pink. Goes on smooth and pair well with any smoky eye.

on 11/3/2011 11:17:00 PM

As of today, this is my go-to everyday lipstick. For reference, I am Filipina and I use Light in Everyday Minerals. This lipstick is a creamy, frosty, pale/nude-ish somewhat cool toned pink...and technically, the very first MAC lipstick I've actually owned. I was looking for a really good pink lipstick one day. I tried on Pink Nouveau (too grandma-ish on my skintone), Pink Plaid (too blue), Girl About Town (not exactly the pink I was looking for but a really pretty fierce shade...I'm probably gonna buy this one day), and Snob. At first, I purchased Snob and liked it initially, but when I got home, I found that it turned into this weird bluish color on my lips that made me look sick. So, I took it back to the MAC counter and tried on Angel and Hug Me.

Angel and Hug Me are basically interchangeable. Angel is just a little bit more opaque and glittery on first dab, which I loved! The glitter isn't out there or anything. Just enough for your lips to stand out. You can layer on a lot of this lipstick for a more in-your-face look. But on me, when layered just enough, it comes out as a somewhat cool but not too cool, nude-ish pink and I absolutely am in love with it.

Recently, I found out that this is Kim Kardashian's signature lipstick and that she paired it with MAC Lipliner in Stripdown and NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight. I wanted to try it out, but found out that those products were a little bit out of my price range. I did my research and bought the dupes -- NYX Lipliner in Natural and Victoria's Secret Lipgloss in Innocent. The combination is beautiful and really brings out your lips in a very nude-ish way (if that makes any sense at all). This lipstick is gorgeous on its own or along with these products. Go out and try it if you want a really pretty nude-ish pink :)

Recommended for Medium Skin