November 21, 2014 | 1834 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jackieam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm... I've been using this product for quite some time now, about half way done with it. I bought it because I've been getting these annoying pimples periodically, and wondered if this would work. Well it didn't. My pimples are still there and i haven't seen any reduction. I gave it 3 lippys because its a GREAT moisturizer for my dry skin. It is really thick, without it being too oily, and sinks right into my pores. The scent isn't bad either, but don't worry it doesn't linger on to your skin.
I'm going to finish the bottle and find something better but if i can't, i would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Renascence

This moisturizer has done great things for my skin! I'd been having problems with breakouts along my jawline and on my forehead, with dryness on my cheeks. I picked this up and my skin has looked fabulous since I've been using it...and since that's the only thing I've changed in either my skin care regimen or lifestyle, I'm giving it the credit. I've tried Boscia, Mary Kay, Olay, Clinique, Juice, Weleda...and this has been the best I've ever used. It moisturizes without feeling greasy...just very soft and smooth...and my breakouts have disappeared.

The only reason that I'm giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 is that the fragrance, although fresh and pleasant, is a bit strong. Frankly, with all the info out there about pthalates in synthetic fragrances, I wish they'd just leave the fragrance out completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by taylor21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have really dry skin, I wouldn't use it....it doesn't take away dry skin. It smells good, but I would not use this as a daily moisturizer. The salicylic acid tends to dry out the skin more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by aznlilbabiegrl

It's a nice moisturizer, and it just sinks into my skin when I put it on. I only use it at night though, as it does not contain any SPF. I have somewhat sensitive, and slightly dry skin (especially during winter), but my skin is also acne prone. I've been using this for a month or two now, and it makes my skin feel soft every night. It doesn't break me out, but I don't really see an improvement on clearing up my acne scars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

The first couple of times I tried this I had bad reactions, so I put it off to the side. I decided to try it again based on the reviews, and the hunch that my bad initial reaction may have been that I was trying to pair it with bp which I've come to realize my skin doesn't tolerate well. So anyhow I gave this a second chance and am glad I did! This is my new HG I love the ways it smells feels and #1 how it makes my skin look. Wonderful, the price I can defintaely live with compared to what other moisturizers go for. I've tried the fads high end and low and this is IT.
I will have to see overtime how aveeno's claims in evening out skin tone pan out...will update.
Update 8/14/10 Gave this a couple decent tries. Feels great, moisturizes well and I fell in love with the fragrance. Unfortunately this always clogged me up, very disappointed I wanted to love this. Discovering now my skin loves oils so I'm experimenting with those. Argan oil has been the best so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by xLaRae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It moisturizes really well, downside is it makes my skin look oily. Not only that but i have to say it's quite thick(not so much light-weight...) so my skin can't absorb it so fast. But it really helped even out my skin tone and acne. So if you don't mind the minor problems with it I recommend you to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by qtypie691

This moisturizer is wonderful! I use it daily, it controls any break-outs and most importantly, I am not oily at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Great moisturizer, especially for the price. $15 might look expensive at first, but when you realize that it has 4 fl oz of product, it's well worth it. Neutrogena and Olay sell similar products for similar prices, but at half the volume or so.

Anyway, this is really great for anyone with acne. It didn't clear mine completely or anything, but it did keep it at bay. It isn't greasy, and you can reapply it as often as you need. It's not too thick, but it's not liquidy, either. A lot of moisturizers tend to break me out, but this one doesn't. It isn't the ultimate best, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So my skin type is combination, dry-ish cheeks and kind of oily t zone. I tend to get oily throughout the day and I also tend to have flakiness where I break out (chin, between brows).

I like this product a lot.
1. It is very moisturizing, but it doesn't make my skin oily.
2. Sinks in quickly, I don't have to wait to do my makeup if I am in a rush.
3. I like the scent. Some people don't, but I do. It doesn't bug my nose and I am pretty sensitive to different smells too.
4. The salicylic acid does not dry out my skin, but rather helps keep breakouts at bay.

Yeah, it's a little pricey for drugstore, but I don't use even a whole pump. I'd say I use half a pump in the morning, half a pump at night.
:) mo

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nebulus

My skin type: young adult with minor aging and many breakouts. oily but dry. I also have rosacea on my nose.

Before I tried this I used Olay's healthy defense sunscreen (even for night). It didn't break me out and it was safe for my rosacea. After 2 years of Olay, the lotion started to lose potency on my skin; it made my skin more oily and I got more breakouts. And so I had to switch.

Aveeno is a well-respected brand and so I decided to give it a try. The price is a bit expensive for drugstore brands. Since it doesn't have any sunscreen, I only use it as a night lotion. The first night of using it I noticed that it calmed my skin, but it also made my face a bit red overall. This was expected because that's what salyslic acid lotion does. This one only has 0.5%, which is quite mild, so the redness was gone after a few days. This lotion is not moisturizing enough. I am not a fragrance freak but the fragrance of this lotion is way too strong. If you have rosacea like me, don't put a lot on the area.

I've been using it for 2 months now. I think it prevents my face from general minor breakouts, but it's not strong enough to stop big ones (the ones due to stress, hormonal imbalance, etc). I wish it's a bit more moisturizing though.

PRO:
even skin tone
prevent minor breakouts
mild salicylic acid treatment-safe to use a lot

CON:
price
not moisturizing
no anti-oxidant ingredients
too much fragrance

6/21 update
It only can go so far to even out your skin tone. I think it helped a bit but it doesn't help with any acne scars. So now my scars look more prominent b/c other pts of my face is more even.
Texture-wise it doesn't help w, my skin is still blotchy and rough. IF only it make skin smooth.
So I guess the only PRO is it prevents minor breakouts.