November 29, 2014 | 1180 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

This is a good moisturizer that I can see myself using in a long flight to hydrate my skin. It's not world changing, I don't think it will reduce wrinkles or improve any skin issues but it works as a no-brainer & non-fuzzy moisturizer for me. It absorbs well, I layer it 2x on my face when I need the very much needed hydration. I agree with a reviewer here that it calms the skin. It's like a moisture mask. I won't use this under makeup though coz it will surely make my oily skin oilier. I prefer to mask this on at night, or in a long flight where it's not convenient to carry around the full regimen of softener,serum & cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by gundieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am usually big fan of their products. I do like 3 step skin care range. I don't find it too greasy, it feels very light. I sometimes get red dry patches on my cheeks but this does not cause any reaction. I have the one with the pump. It is very easy to use, maybe not so handy on the go. I think the price is good for the moisturiser. Problem and the reason why i wont buy it again - it does not have SPF
So if I dont use my foundation it straight away becomes expensive as I got to buy another day moisturiser. So I am using this as my night moisturiser now. And looking for a new one for day

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by bandgeek94

Too greasy! But does it's job.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by winniemouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently moved to Asia and my on-going facial excema flared up a lot over the past 3 years since moving here. My skin was dry and itchy (I even slathered on Aveeno BODY lotion onto my face as I had found it to be moisturizing and soothing). I experimented with a lot of other facial moisturizers (always stocked up at duty free so had many opportunities to experiment with other brands) but none of them ever had effective results. I bought the packaged set of Cleanser (Mild),Toner (Clarifying Moisture Lotion 2), Moisturizer (Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion) and found it actually works! I have been using it over the summer months and found it to be just the right amount of coverage for the face (even use it for the evenings along with a night serum for the extra nourishment). Given my dry and sensitive skin condition however, I may have to find a different line for the winter months

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

my skin is such that old skool moisturizers seem to be the only ones that work. i cheat on this frequently but usually wind up going back during a heat wave or during an ezcema outbreak. They give out so many samples of this there really is no reason to buy if you are an occasional user like me, but after a long heatwave here I sucked it up and bought a tube. I'm so happy they make this in tube form now, the bottle was a major PITA. I have super dry skin that sweats a lot in hot weather, and this is one of the only moisturizers that doesn't slop off.
As for the ingredients, I am all "pick your poison"...creams that don't use mineral oil usually wind up using silicones, and silicones have torn up my pores more than mineral oil ever has. YMMV.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am on a few strong acne medications that will dry me out, I tried this because Clinique is pretty affordable and my Mom uses it, broke me out. Feels heavy when you wear it you can feel that your pores can't breathe, mineral oil is not a good thing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by elliebacks

I have very dry senstive skin with eczema, this is always the moisturiser i go back to! i get really dry flaky skin on my cheeks and this is the only one that gets rid of it for me. If i use it too much and my skin gets too moisturised (if that makes sense!) it does give me a few spots :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Breaks me out. I felt like I put bacon grease on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's expensive for what it is. Clinique does give out samples of this like a madman (which is pretty amusing because it's like they want to get rid of it) It doesn't really sit on top of my skin, but my skin doesn't look/feel any different after I put it on. Just meh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I just don't understand the hype around this moisturiser. It is just a very average product. It doesn't even get absorbed into the skin, when I wash my face, I can feel it. However one thing I don't understand is why this makes my skin darker. I used this for over 2 months and it darkened my skin though I wore sunscreen over it. And not just me, this happened with my mom and sister-in-law as well. The DDMG also had the same effect. I don't know why this happened but I'm surely not buying this or DDMG again. There's no return policy here so I'm just going to throw away what I have left.