August 28, 2014 | 1517 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Daniizle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this when I purchased some Clinique makeup. I got a 1 o.z bottle of it, and let me tell you I couldn't even TRY to finish it. I just didn't like this product. I used it for several weeks and I couldn't come to love it. Granted, it is recommended for dry to dry combination skin and I'm a bit on the oily combination side, so that may have been a factor in my results. This broke me out and I didn't get consistent results from it. It'd do nothing for me one day, and the next it'd be too oily. It may have just been me. Whatever it was, this moisturizer did not work for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am shocked that there are so many bad reviews for this product. I had a mild case of exzema a few years ago and not even a steroid cream would clear it up. Used this product and bam! Exzema gone. Miracle. Since then I have strayed but always gone back to it. It's like a drink for my skin and gives me a brightness that no other moisturiser can seem to accomplish. Others have complained about mineral oil - well for many having a thin film i.e a barrier on your skin is no bad thing. As for active ingredients - well I've used the creams that contain a million of these skin-changing ingredients and....nothing happened. Don't let bad reviews turn you off, everyone is different. I do mix mine with pure aloe Vera gel from holland and Barretts because I love the gel and also because I have combination skin and the moisturiser alone would be too heavy for my oily parts

I will warn not to use their awful toners though. Far too harsh!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

This is a good moisturizer that I can see myself using in a long flight to hydrate my skin. It's not world changing, I don't think it will reduce wrinkles or improve any skin issues but it works as a no-brainer & non-fuzzy moisturizer for me. It absorbs well, I layer it 2x on my face when I need the very much needed hydration. I agree with a reviewer here that it calms the skin. It's like a moisture mask. I won't use this under makeup though coz it will surely make my oily skin oilier. I prefer to mask this on at night, or in a long flight where it's not convenient to carry around the full regimen of softener,serum & cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by gundieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am usually big fan of their products. I do like 3 step skin care range. I don't find it too greasy, it feels very light. I sometimes get red dry patches on my cheeks but this does not cause any reaction. I have the one with the pump. It is very easy to use, maybe not so handy on the go. I think the price is good for the moisturiser. Problem and the reason why i wont buy it again - it does not have SPF
    So if I dont use my foundation it straight away becomes expensive as I got to buy another day moisturiser. So I am using this as my night moisturiser now. And looking for a new one for day

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by bandgeek94

Too greasy! But does it's job.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by winniemouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently moved to Asia and my on-going facial excema flared up a lot over the past 3 years since moving here. My skin was dry and itchy (I even slathered on Aveeno BODY lotion onto my face as I had found it to be moisturizing and soothing). I experimented with a lot of other facial moisturizers (always stocked up at duty free so had many opportunities to experiment with other brands) but none of them ever had effective results. I bought the packaged set of Cleanser (Mild),Toner (Clarifying Moisture Lotion 2), Moisturizer (Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion) and found it actually works! I have been using it over the summer months and found it to be just the right amount of coverage for the face (even use it for the evenings along with a night serum for the extra nourishment). Given my dry and sensitive skin condition however, I may have to find a different line for the winter months

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

my skin is such that old skool moisturizers seem to be the only ones that work. i cheat on this frequently but usually wind up going back during a heat wave or during an ezcema outbreak. They give out so many samples of this there really is no reason to buy if you are an occasional user like me, but after a long heatwave here I sucked it up and bought a tube. I'm so happy they make this in tube form now, the bottle was a major PITA. I have super dry skin that sweats a lot in hot weather, and this is one of the only moisturizers that doesn't slop off.
    As for the ingredients, I am all "pick your poison"...creams that don't use mineral oil usually wind up using silicones, and silicones have torn up my pores more than mineral oil ever has. YMMV.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am on a few strong acne medications that will dry me out, I tried this because Clinique is pretty affordable and my Mom uses it, broke me out. Feels heavy when you wear it you can feel that your pores can't breathe, mineral oil is not a good thing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by elliebacks

I have very dry senstive skin with eczema, this is always the moisturiser i go back to! i get really dry flaky skin on my cheeks and this is the only one that gets rid of it for me. If i use it too much and my skin gets too moisturised (if that makes sense!) it does give me a few spots :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Breaks me out. I felt like I put bacon grease on my face.