October 21, 2014 | 2008 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes this is water in a spray can. However, where I live the water is 'hard'. I sensitive and dry skin and I use this a lot to soothe my skin when it feels tight or irritated. Normal tap water does nothing to calm my skin when it is red. Which is why I use this. It is also great in the summer. I also spray it over makeup during the day as a refresher. I have used this on the plane because my skin felt so dry from the air inside. I have both the large can and the small travel size in my bag. I get this at Shoppers in Canada and I find the best way to save money is wait until there is a sale on Avene products and buy the largest size can to get the most for your money. I never buy it full price and stock up when there is a sale. I tried LRP's version and I prefer Avene. I find Avene is more soothing for my skin and LRP is more expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by xlana

Since moving from California to New York for school, my skin has made a turn for the worst. The past 6 months have been horrible with consistent breakouts everyday, and before now I never had severe acne. My skin also was never that sensitive back in California, but now it's so irritable and acts up very easily. In a desperate attempt to try to control the acne and soothe my now sensitive skin, I brought a slew of products. I remembered the brand Avene on a couple beauty blogs being holy grails for women with sensitive skin. The spray is what they're really known for.

The product description says it can be used to calm post-acne treatments. It's absolutely right. After slathering on benzoyl peroxide on my spots, it almost instantly calms down the redness. Not only do I use it right after my acne medication, I also use it to refresh my complexion throughout the day when my skin looks dead from all the concealer. I also use it right after I wash my face and before I put on my moisturizer (Emily Weiss from Into the Gloss uses it for this purpose too) and it really helps it sink in (I use JM Argan Oil as my moisturizer).

I got the 5oz can for $11.50 at a drugstore, which I thought was reasonable at the time I bought it (I was desperate to try anything that could potentially help). Even though it works, it's still a tad bit expensive. Still, I'm going to repurchase since it's one of those products that can be used for many different purposes. The next time I'm going to buy the largest size since I use it very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by nikiniki9doors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently had a severe rosacea flare up ... have only ever just had the minor flushing ... but this was horrible it even went into my eye ... water couldnt even touch my skin it was that bad ... so because I couldnt use tap water on my face I bought the spray $22CAD ... it was instantly soothing ... in fact using this instead of tap water on my face .. AMAZING RESULTS .... no more tap water = beautiful soft skin with no redness .. I look like a teenager again! Its amazing what it has done for my skin .... I felt like an arse buying a $22 bottle of spray water but dont knock it until you try it!!! ... I love it so much I felt I needed to come write a review!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by prettyfacades

This is the most 'famous' thermal water. It's ok, but it's not as good as the La Roche Posay or Uriage one.

This one kind of dries out my skin a little even though I don't leave it to dry by itself. It's alright for a pick me up during the day or to calm the skin. In my school, the airconditioning is so cold and makes the air so dry, but the weather outside is so hot and humid. This puts my skin through alot of stress and makes it very prone to redness. I use this to calm down the skin throughout the day.

It does an ok job with the redness. But once I finish this bottle I won't repurchase. There are better thermal waters out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Spray mineral water
INGREDIENTS: Avène Thermal Spring Water, Nitrogen (serves as a propellant)
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? This is exactly as it sounds - spray water in a can. Why would anyone pay for this? I choose to because I use it to set the mineral powder I wear as a sunscreen and living in an area with very hard water, I find that this calms my skin after washing with the local water supply. Also, the spray provided by this product is much finer than what one can achieve with a standard atomizer or spray bottle.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes although I am open to purchasing cheaper brands of spray water should they become available. I only buy cruelty-free so La Roche Posay (parent company L'Oréal) doesn't interest me even though its price point is lower.
PRICE: $22.50 CAD for 300ml bottle (largest size) lasts close to a month with once daily usage

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by erikaxo

absolutely love this stuff. I first heard about this by a co-worker back when i used to work in the food industry, a place where i was literally sweating my makeup off! She told me her sister tried it and her make up stayed put. Since then, (it's been a couple years) it's HG for me, i use it everyday and i will not do my makeup without it! it's so refreshing and keeps my makeup in place:) it's great especially when you're in a hot environment. a GREAT test for it is going out to a club, where you SWEAT, i did and my makeup, STILL stayed put:) honestly so impressed with this product. and honestly it's not even that expensive, for the large spray bottle its around 25, and lasts you a REALLY long time. The medium sized bottle is around 20 and ALSO lasts a long time, and the travel size which is like 10-15 bucks, lasts for at least a month. so i mean the amount your paying for is nothing for the amount it lasts:) OHHHH also, it helps SOOOO much with razor burn! i mist it over my legs after i shave and the result is just magnificent<3 LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ana7mac

I bought this product for the 1st time just a few weeks ago, and it quickly became one of my essentials.
My eye contour area is very sensitive, and prone to allergies, specially in this time of the year. It was feeling itchy, so I decided to give it a try.
I used to think this was overpriced, since it was basically water in a can. But it's so much more than that. The ithching is gone and I feel like my skin is more luminous and hydrated.
Definitely a must-have for those with sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This spray feels really great on dry skin, but I haven't noticed any considerable differences using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

I use this product as help to apply my moisturizers, makeup and as moisturizer itself and this water does a great job! I really like Avene products for the great value and quality!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by smiah94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i was so disappointed with this :/ i purchased mine from boots here in the UK and the price point isn't terrible, i think avene is reasonably priced. it's somewhere between high street and high end. but this for me was a total waste of money.

i felt like i couldnt use it on a cotton pad because the cotton pad absorbed too much of the water so i'd have to use a ridiculous amound each time. i couldn't spray it directly onto my face because the mist isn't fine enough, and for that reason i also couldn't use it to finish my makeup for a less powdery feel. i'm sure i don't use too much and have tried holding the can even further away from my face but it makes no difference.

the only thing i could use it for was to soothe heat rash on my arms and even then the water droplets annoyed the heck out of me. i'll finish it off, but won't repurchase. might try the vichy one as i've heard a) it's a finer mist and b) it has more salt so it's better for oilier skins.

i'll give two lippies just purely because whilst it was a waste of money and i have no use for it, it didnt do anything negative to my skin either :)