NARS Exhibit A

4.6

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

First, let me say that this blush in the pan is frightening and bright, however, I bought it on the recommendation of YTís GossTheMakeupArtist when I asked which red-based color blush he recommended for a woman of color and he replied that this was his all time favorite red blush. Thus, despite my initial trepidation, I bought this blush and it sat around for month before I worked up the nerve to use it. Then one day when I was feeling bold, I reached for my dual fiber brush and this blush and it was love at first use. Unfortunately, a mere 2 weeks later I had a party in my home, and this blush somehow grew legs for it (and my NARS Crazed blush) were no longer in my makeup collection. [An aside, what kind of person goes to someoneís home and steals their makeup??? Tacky, just tacky and the next time I have a party, I am putting my makeup on lockdown].

The few times I did wear this blush, I just loved the radiant glow it gave my caramel color skin. However, since I am now absolutely in love with La Femme blushes, I doubt I will repurchase this blush but I will look back on our times together fondly. This is indeed a lovely blush and it gets high marks from me.

Wowza! I'm a Nars fan in general(can't wait to get those anniversay pallettes in my greedy little mitts)..and the blushes are no exception!
Exhibit A did scare the bejeezus out of me looking at it in the pan-I'm a warm toned pale platinum blonde with hyper green eyes(thanks colored lenses!)-I thought this might not work on me AT ALL when I got it in the mail. It is RED..the first picture on MUA here really nails the color. And its extremely pigmented. Again I was scared! However, when you apply this with the lightest touch, its an unbeliveably beautiful natural flush.
I agree with the previous reveiwer-looks like you cae back from a day hitting the slopes! It looks so healthy!! Theres no shimmer to this one(I like both matte and shimmer cheeks), and it is in general just gorgeous.
So, pale skinned gals-don't be scared! Take a chance on Exhibit A!! You wont be sorry! (for reference I'm an NC20 in MAC foundations, Linen warm in Dior).

I loved this blush but I realized I had a dupe: Kevyn Aucoin Fira blush. So I swapped it. The reviews are accurate though....a lovely natural blush

on 12/26/2009 11:11:00 PM

First off, let me say that at the time I was buying this blush, I was already a die-hard NARS addict. It is such an amazing company! However, I always skipped this blush (my favorite product) whenever I treated myself to a new color. However, after reading the reviews and listening to the Sephora saleslady recommend it over and over again, how could I resist this red? And it is a BRIGHT RED that is truly indescribable. Not exactly fire-engine, not exactly blood red (like the name describes), just a true red, more orange than pink. After trying it on in the store, I was sold. It's gorgeous! On my cheeks it is sexy and sophisticated. What an outstanding color, it completes any classic look.

on 12/22/2009 3:16:00 PM

So, I received a gift certificate to Amazon for X-Mas. I am unemployed at the moment, so I do not spend any money on myself, except what is really necessary. However, the friend who gave me the certificate stated that she wanted me to spend it on a treat. . . enter Exhibit A. While I have been at home, I have been reading MUA daily. What else is there to do? I have become obsessed with the Exhibit A reviews because everyone said that it was such a natural looking blush, although scary as H##L in the pan. I have never had a Nars blush, nor have I ever had a blush that works, so I thought that I would treat myself to something that everyone seems to really love. I even went out and bought a skunk brush from Target in anticipation! I received Exhibit A, and although I thought I was prepared for the color of the blush in the pan from the reviews - well - nothing can really prepare you for that color, can it? I am pretty fair with yellow undertones, and I really thought that this wasn't going to work, despite the assurances from the reviews that it would. Oh Goodness!! This is the first blush that I have tried in 30 years that makes me look like I am blushing, rather than that I am wearing blush. Peach blush has not worked (who blushes peach?) and pink never really looked right. Who would have thought that a bright red/orange was the answer? I never would have picked this blush if it weren't for you lovely ladies leading the way. It is almost better that I ordered it online and didn't see it in person beforehand, because I think that I really would have been turned off and not purchased. Thank you for your guidance! If I ever run out of this, I will repurchase.

on 12/22/2009 9:12:00 AM

I am a blushaholic, if there was ever one. I am a true sucker for anything that makes you glow, look like you've ran in the snow, or even had too much sun etc.....Anything that screams healthy without actually having to be healthy...well, anyway this blush is in the catagory of pretty bad ass. Used sparingly, of course, this can give you a day at the beach glow, that one amazing hue that doesn't compare to anything else you've ever tried. So unique. Love it.....

on 12/18/2009 2:22:00 AM

this blush looks extremely intimidating in the pan. it is a bright bright red and when i first saw this, like many reviewers below me, i asked 'who would buy this!?'

like all nars blushes it is super pigmented, a tiny tiny bit goes a long way. i use the nars yachiyo brush to apply; dab very gently in the pan to pick up a little product and lightly tap onto my cheeks and then blend blend blend.

this gives a beautiful natural flush look that i absolutely love. it just brightens up your face and makes you look 'awake'. i think someone mentioned below about a 'i just was out for a run' kind of flush. very natural, and lasts all day.

this shade is would most likely be very flattering on all skin tones whether you're dark or light. fyi: i am asian with yellow skin tones; nars foundation in fiji/punjab, mac face & body in c3, laura mercier sand.

although this blush is a higher price point [$29 at the nars counter @ the bay] this will probably last me forever with the amount you have to use, so it's definitely worth the price. i don't recommend buying this online without testing, you definitely need to try this blush before purchasing. if i was to ever run out, i would definitely repurchase.

on 12/4/2009 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Oh my god! I have never been so in love with a makeup product. It's hella pigmented, bright red in the pan. However on my skin nc50 mac, it gives me this sexy flush. I look like am truly blushing and alive. Seriously woc please run and get this. Use a skunk brush and you'll look fabulous. Hg!

on 11/29/2009 12:38:00 PM

the first time i saw this blush in person i was like, who would ever buy this?! turns out i would, lol.

the best way to apply this (as many before me have said) is to very gently touch the surface of the blush with a stippling brush, such as the mac 187. then you just need to blend blend blend. i haven't mastered it yet so i usually have to tone it down with nico blush and a kabuki, but the result is so natural and beautiful. i bought this during the friends and family sale so i only started using it recently since the weather has gotten chilly. this color looks like the natural blush that occurs when you come into a warm house from outside in the cold.

on 11/28/2009 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

so glad i bought this!!...after literally two years of talking myself out of buying this blush, i finally took the plunge and ordered it from sephora. i was very iffy about whether or not i would like the fact that the blush is matte, and was even more worried about looking like a clown since the blush is so pigmented. HOWEVER, all my worries were a waste of time. this blush is simply AMAZING and well worth the 25 dollars. most people use the mac 187 or 188 to apply pigmented blushes like these, but i like to use a fan brush. it gives a gorgeous natural cheek color. so happy i finally bought this!

Popular Blush Products