October 1, 2014 | 1106 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2007 3:53:00 AM More reviews by snowcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The pressed powder version of this is slightly better than the loose powder, but both didn't work on me. This one is less orange and suited my PPP skin better and was more translucent, but that's partly because this is sheerer than the loose powder. I can't complain much about the color, but the texture is equally as bad. It's cakey and unflattering on me. Also, the packaging is really cheap and sad looking. I just get kind of depressed when I look at it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerhappy41907

I love this! I have very oily skin and this keeps my face shine free and I only have to reapply once during the whole day. It evens out my skin tone very well (no foundation). It works very well to set concealer too. I use it with a large fluffy brush to make it look natural. And I'm acne-prone and it hasn't made me break out at all. Awesome product. A lot of people complain about the packaging but I personally love it! Plus it's dirt cheap. I'm a very happy camper. =) The only flaw is the sponge it comes with but that's easily replacable and isn't a big deal. I just use it with a large brush and with a soft makeup sponge from Walgreens for touchups and blend really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Clouded00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this the ONLY pressed powder i've found that keeps my shiny face matter for at least half a day. it is wonderful! my revlon colorstay powder has nothing on this powder. packaging is a little flimsy, but it's cheap, so i don't care.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Rockette13

Well, gee. This powder looked really good all day long and controlled oil decently, but it broke my skin out like a mo' fo'. That sucks. This happened with both the pressed and loose version of this powder. *le sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Lilthne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Amazing. This stuff is dirt cheap but it works so well. I really agree with what someone said about it hiding imperfections. I have a really shiny and oily nose and just a few pats of this powder and instantly, my nose looks perfect. The huge pores are unnoticeable and the shine is reduced to minimal. Despite the awful packaging, I think I'm going to go out and stock up on a few of these today. This is the perfect powder, no joke.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2007 2:10:00 AM More reviews by SweetTangerine

I use a oil-free liquid foundation, and this works great to set it and minimize shine. The packaging seems flimsy, but it's never broken. The applicator is junk, so toss it and use a fluffy powder bruch instead. This product won't work well on dry patches of skin, it really accentuates them, even if you use a good moisturizer on them.
Overall, this is an outstanding product for $1, especially on oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great MUA find. Packaging looks cheap and unattractive, but the powder itself is good stuff. It can look much too pale if I apply too much, but I can just redust it with a clean brush, and it "melts" into my skin very nicely. Makes pores disappear, blurs inperfections, makes oilies vanish. Love this as a finishing touch, especially for my nose. Amazing for the price!

UPDATE: I just purchased the Naturally Beige shade, and it much more closely matches my tannish GGG Asian skintone. I'll still keep the "Translucent" on hand for my paler days.

I've also discovered that it applies slightly sheerer, and *much* smoother with a powder brush. Paula's Choice's powder brush does a magnificent job for all-over face application (no need for "redusting"). That tiny pink scritchy-spongy disc that it comes with is ridiculous -- but you can't expect everything for under $2! ;)

UPDATE II: I've found that I can only use this every so often. If I use it too often, it clogs my pores. :( Boo. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the good reviews here. I was looking for a blotting powder. This did NOT work for me at all. Despite being labeled as 'translucent' and 'colorless', this was too dark for my pale freckled face. It did not work well as a 'colorless' blotting powder since it was very obvious any place I applied it and looked very unnatural and very unflattering. On top of that, it gave me a few zits, and I am not typically acne-prone. I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

MUCH better than the loose version, which is not good at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Vickkyyy

Another pressed powder .. hm.. what to say, i used to use it, cause i was young and stupid :] but now, i dont use it anymore due to lack of coverage, and it made me break out, it comes off within a half hour and it looks so fake when its on, it was heavy and gross, dont like it. will not re-purchase .