New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 2/20/2008 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I bought this to touch up during the day.. it's dreadful and makes you look like a ghost. Do not waste your money on it...

on 2/6/2008 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is cheap yet effective! get some! It is great for controling oil and blotting. I love it. and it leaves me with a beautiful finish.

on 1/24/2008 12:44:00 AM

Great translucent powder for setting face make up once completely done. This is the last step in my routine and it really helps keep my face from getting oily.

on 1/23/2008 1:57:00 PM

I like the NYC loose powder pretty well (besides that it gives an orangey tint to my pale face), but this pressed powder is unwearable on my dry skin. It's good that it's very pale and it certainly covers well/thickly, but it looks like a white cakey mask on me (goth or geisha). It sucks my skin completely dry of the little bit of oil it needs to survive, and also glaringly highlights any dry flakes.

However, I found a use for it so that I don't have to throw it away: It's great on my slightly oily eyelids. It creates an excellent matte surface for eyeshadow to cling to -- sets it very well and keeps it in place all day!

This powder might work for women with oily skin or for anyone going for a dramatically pale look. It's also nice that it's very inexpensive.

EDIT: Thanks to veggigoddess for mentioning that NYC tests on animals! I'm going to completely avoid NYC from now on. So, in light of knowing that, I would NOT recommend this product.

on 1/4/2008 9:19:00 PM

I use a oil-free liquid foundation, and this works great to set it and minimize shine. The packaging seems flimsy, but it's never broken. The applicator is junk, so toss it and use a fluffy powder brush instead. This product won't work well on dry patches of skin, it really accentuates them, even if you use a good moisturizer on them. Overall, this is an outstanding product for $1, but best on oily skin.

on 1/2/2008 4:41:00 PM

This powder is awesome. I stock up on it and buy a package of fluffier applicators for this and the loose powder. This does not orange out on my pale skin. I love love love this powder and I have not experience any break outs because of it. I've hunted for the perfect powder; the only other I've found was by Almay but this costs so much less... and the one by Jane just isn't readily available.

on 12/24/2007 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The pressed powder version of this is slightly better than the loose powder, but both didn't work on me. This one is less orange and suited my PPP skin better and was more translucent, but that's partly because this is sheerer than the loose powder. I can't complain much about the color, but the texture is equally as bad. It's cakey and unflattering on me. Also, the packaging is really cheap and sad looking. I just get kind of depressed when I look at it.

I love this! I have very oily skin and this keeps my face shine free and I only have to reapply once during the whole day. It evens out my skin tone very well (no foundation). It works very well to set concealer too. I use it with a large fluffy brush to make it look natural. And I'm acne-prone and it hasn't made me break out at all. Awesome product. A lot of people complain about the packaging but I personally love it! Plus it's dirt cheap. I'm a very happy camper. =) The only flaw is the sponge it comes with but that's easily replacable and isn't a big deal. I just use it with a large brush and with a soft makeup sponge from Walgreens for touchups and blend really well.

on 11/28/2007 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

this the ONLY pressed powder i've found that keeps my shiny face matter for at least half a day. it is wonderful! my revlon colorstay powder has nothing on this powder. packaging is a little flimsy, but it's cheap, so i don't care.

on 9/23/2007 9:53:00 PM

Well, gee. This powder looked really good all day long and controlled oil decently, but it broke my skin out like a mo' fo'. That sucks. This happened with both the pressed and loose version of this powder. *le sigh*