December 21, 2014 | 1950 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by twilightdust1920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation having heard all the raves about it and I was not disappointed! However, as amazing as it was, it's not perfect objectively and on a personal level. Here's the pros and cons objectively:

PRO: It smoothed away my pores, does not cling to flaking skin and just makes my skin look absolutely radiant! The coverage was absolutely perfect-you know, where skin looks flawlessly photoshopped whilst still looking like skin. This foundation also has the most natural finish I have ever come across, that is if you have naturally smooth, silky and poreless skin. It gives you such a beautiful, healthy sheen to the face, like a natural highlight which is especially pretty with a translucent powder on top (eg. MUFE HD, Jurlique silk powder). Its also pretty much idiot proof; hands or brush it will never streak, it blends so effortlessly. It also washes off easily (YAY NO CLOGGED PORES)

Cons: Powder is imperative. Even on normal skin (dry skinned girls can get away with it I think). Just as a preemptive maneuver. Because even if the initial glow is beautiful, you will get oily. Its does not have fantastic staying power, so if you need to be flawless for over 8 hours a day I suggest you use this as a 'special occasion' foundation. DO NOT REST YOUR FACE ON YOUR MAN'S SHIRT. It will get extremely awkward (and potentially humiliating) when he looks down at the piece of art you've left behind. The texture is a very runny, so it does feel light, but still quite sticky if you know what I mean. Color selection (as with all chanel foundations) is not great, but very forgiving.

Personally: It's not the best for my combination-oily skin, but I have to say it is a gorgeous foundation. I do wish it were lighter and yellower for color and more durable on my face but I can suck it up for how beautiful it makes my skin look. I dont feel the price is either a positive or negative aspect, it just costs as much as you would expect from a quality foundation.

Additionally, those of you with combo/oily skin who LOVED the finish/effect of this foundation but felt you could not wear it NEVER FEAR, I realized that by mixing my vitalumiere in 20 with the DiorNude skinfinish in 21 I get my HG foundation! The vitalumiere gives the dior the glowiness, hydration and finish (dior was a bit drying and stuck to flakies), whilst the dior gives me the perfect color and wear; it also toned down a bit of the dewiness which I sometimes need.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ManorDuchess

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product for the marketing promises - sheer and brightening. What I got was shiny. At $65US this was definitely not worth it. Previously, I had used Armani foundation which I liked much better. Lesson learned... stick with what works and ignore the marketing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by megmccl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i will start by saying i loved the finish of this foundation and the coverage was great.

i only had a sample of it that i got from my chanel counter to try the foundation out before i bought it. i am SO glad i did!

i used this foundation for a couple days and i loved it, then my skin broke out like it never has before. i thought maybe my skin was just in a bad mood, so i switched to one of my fuller coverage foundations. then when my skin cleared up which it did pretty quickly, i switched back to vitalumiere. my skin broke out again terribly.

that was when i realized it was the foundation, which is upsetting. i had never heard of this foundation making people break out, so i was kind of shocked and sad.

to be honest i am not sure if it was a breakout or an allergic reaction, it was just terrible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found the color match to be very good, but the formula is way too sticky and dewy for me, as I have oily skin. This foundation provides medium coverage.

This would be a good foundation for younger women who can really pull off the dewy look and for someone who does not need a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by jadukdik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GREAT GREAT GREAT foundation! leaves a very lovely finish. My face looks glowy and healthy but not oily. It has a slight scent though so if you're sensitive to that you might not light it. The coverage is minimal but the finish totally blows me away. Non-irritating on my sensitive skin. LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

This is one of two products I have ever returned in my life. This foundation was terrible. I don't understand why people like it. There was next to no coverage, it was STICKY (not dewy, or glowy, which I love, but STICKY), and it didn't blend very well. I tried it a few times and had to return it and get my $61 CAD back. It was so not worth it. I will stick to my Revlon Colorstay, thank you very much. It's WAY cheaper, makes me look dewy, and doesn't feel like I'm wearing fly paper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Charlotta800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My ultimate HG foundation.

I have combo skin which can be really dry in areas BUT I also developed acne on my chin/jaw area last year so I can no longer use it in that area because it's not oil free. I just have to use a different one on that part of my face but it's a shame because the Vitalumiere makes my skin look so darn good and the colour match is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Chanel has discontinued my shade - 05 Diaphane and the next shade up 07 ivoire is way yellow and too dark on my PPP NW10 skin, so once I run out I'll have to switch to something else :(

This has become HG really fast and I'm really pleasantly suprised.

I'm very pale and mostly neutral and just lean slightly towards the cool side (NW10) and have a hard time finding shades that work... Most are too dark, or pale enough but are either very pink or very yellow. Chanel in general doesn't have a great shade selection for either very fair and darker complexions, but after another PPP said she found a good match I decided to give it a go.

05 diaphane is a perfect match for me.

My skin is normal/dry and very acne prone and turns very dry in the winter.

Vitalumiere goes on like a dream, it feels like you're applying moisturizer instead of a foundation. The coverage is light, slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturizer... but it is buildable. It's not going to cover any blemishes or imperfections, so I do find I use more concealer than I have with other foundations.

A lot of foundations marketed for dry skin transfer everywhere, onto my clothes, my phone, my Dh! This stays put yet it extremely moisturizing and does not dry my skin out.

This is your glowy dewy my skin but better foundation. It evens out my skintone but looks like my SKIN and not like a mask. It is expensive ($55) but worth every penny.

If you have dry skin I would highly recommend it. Nothing else gives me such a natural glowy look as Vitalumiere. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by lelestyle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is well worth the expense. I have problem skin, dry, little oily in the t-zone and rosacea which I have under control now but it was a problem at the time. This foundation seems to calm it down even more plus I get this radiant, dewy glow that I love. If you're into that type of look, this foundation is definitely for you. Very oily skin types would not work with this foundation but anyone who has combination skin could definitely benefit from this. I apply it with the Chanel Foundation Brush #16 and coupled with this foundation gives me a radiant look. I would get a sample first because Chanel's colors are rather tough to choose.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jensmakeupbag

WOWZERRS!

I think I may have finally reached HG foundation status! Alert the authorities!

This foundation is the bomb (for you young people, that means it's awesome!)

PROS:
-doesn't go on flaky on dry skins
-dewy finish for the people with dry skin trying to find a glow
-to me has that "glow from within" finish
-glides perfectly on skin with a foundation brush (I use Clinique's foundation brush and it works beautifully!)
-love the smell, it smells like a Chanel boutique to me
-pump included that dispenses an even amount of foundation

CONS:
-E X P E N S I V E at $55 in the US
-cap is kind of flimsy and doesn't lock on well
-packaging is glass! not travel friendly!
-not for oily skin...very dewy!
-need a setting powder
-staying power is not all day

OVERALL:
If you have dry skin, with flaky patches (that you normally get wearing other foundations) then this is a perfect match for you. Be in mind that this foundation is made for dry skin so the dewy finish is a must, so matte lovers stay away. This photgraphs beautifully but it does not provide a full coverage. This is more light-medium coverage. If you're looking to find a high end foundation to give you that glow from within, Chanel Vitalumiere is the best!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No