Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love the Revlon lip butters! They are moisturizing and so easy to pull off! You can just swipe and go for sheer color, but I really like to build the color for a bold spring look. I currently have Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon, Tutti Frutti, Juicy Papaya, and Sugar Plum. I always have one in my purse. I think they are perfect for any time of day. I recommend all of the non-glittery ones. They are a bit expensive ($7-10) for a drugstore lipstick, but I'm crazy about all the colors. They last about 2 hours on the lips (without eating) before wearing away, but they wear evenly and I don't mind reapplying.

on 6/10/2013 10:38:00 PM

I love this lipstick. It's buildable in terms of color, and excellent in terms of hydration. It wore well, but needs to be reapplied after a meal. My go to color is pink truffle, but I also have tutti frutti and sweet tart for spring/summer.

I am so conflicted about these Revlon Lip Butters. I currently have three colors: Wild Watermelon, Candy Apple, and Sweet Tart. And I love them all. The colors pack a punch without being too opaque and they're quite moisturizing. They each last about three to four hours on my lips (without eating) and leave a bit of a stain when the initial emollient layer wears off. Wild Watermelon is a bright coral pink and my absolute favorite. Sweet Tarte is a bright cool pink that's utterly fresh and pretty. And Candy Apple is a true candy apple red, leaning slightly warm.

But that's where the love ends. Sadly, each of these lip butters has become seriously messy to use due to poor (albeit cute) packaging. The actual color sticks are so soft that they rub against the inner metal tube and wind up bent and smushed all over the tube, making me lose way more product with each use than I normally would. And after about half dozen uses, I've been left with a lip balm that looks more like used gum. These are soft enough that I think they would be much better in a pot.

Yet another case of a great product ruined by horrible packaging. Because of the abysmal packaging, I won't be buying any more of these lip butters.

on 6/9/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I gotta get them all! I find myself reaching for these more often on a daily basis then some of my cherished MAC lippies. They're so easy, the color pays off in just the right amount not too look overdone. And the texture is moisturizing of course. It's my lip balm and lipstick and gloss all in one tube :)

on 6/8/2013 2:11:00 AM

I guess I'm a party of one. Loathe this stuff. Very waxy. Colors on packaging never match as always with Revlon. Total waste of time.

Gosh, I love these lip butters. They are splendid and hassle free to apply. I apply them just like a lip balm and it gives the most beautiful shine and colour to the lips! I have a few of these and they actually last for ages. I keep them in each of my handbags and they come in handy whenever I need a bit of colour to the lips. It glides on really smoothly and actually lasts for quite a few hours. I will definitely be repurchasing these!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Aaah, I love these things. They are the perfect lipstick for the person that wants to be bold, but not too bold. The shade Candy Apple is the only red lipstick I've felt okay with wearing in public.

The thing that makes them so wearable, even in bright colors, is that they have this balmy consistency that really blends well into the lip, somehow making that bright red, berry, or orange look natural. The difference between this and every other tinted lip balm out there is that the Lip Butters are pretty highly pigmented.

The color doesn't last too long, but I find I don't mind re-applying throughout the day. Though it's not one of those balms you can swipe on your lips without a mirror. As I said, they are quite pigmented, and so you can go outside your lip line very easily. Treat it as a lipstick in that regard.

The big problem I have with the Lip Butters, and maybe this only happened with me, but I found that with two of my my Lip Butters the product inside somehow swiveled around in the container it was in and now is completely backwards and is a lot harder to use. So they aren't extremely sturdy.

on 6/6/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this baby! It's the bomb! My lips are no longer dry and my favorite color ; Candy Apple, is super pigmented. It stays on for a long time and even when the shine goes away, the stain is still there. What I DON'T like about this product is the amount you get. I mean, it's so expensive!! For AU$22, you really don't get a lot, and so it won't last long if you use it a lot. And secondly , not a fan of its packaging. I thought that the case looked sort of tacky and it's little difficult to get it to open. So much that its starting to get annoying. Overall, I do love it, I see why it's been hyped about all over the blogs and interwebs, but what really ticks me is the price and the amount you get that goes with it. And the packaging. But I still love it. I have six of them!

on 6/3/2013 3:19:00 PM

I think I have 6 colors of these. Red Velvet, Lollipop, candy apple, cotton candy, berry smoothy and tutti fruity. Out of all the colors I got... I probably only liked 1/2 of them. Some of the lighter colors are very sheer and streaky. I love "candy apple" and "lollipop"... they are very pigmented and glide on beautiful. Red velvet and cotton candy are okay. But i have to say my least favorite was tutti fruity! It has very poor color pay off and was also very streaky! To be honest, I much prefer the "kissable balm stains" 100x more than these lip butters. Also for the price these cost..and the amount of product you actually get... it's not worth it at all. It's expensive and I wouldn't repurchase any of the colors again.

I LOVE this product. My favourites are Gum Drop(gorgeous lavender colour) & Sugar Frosting (light baby pink). For me they give a really nice colour payoff, I don't find these sticky at all, which lasts a few hours however I find that when the colour goes my lips still feel mousturized. The only down side is that this product is $22 in aus. a part from that I LOVE this product!

Popular Lipsticks