December 27, 2014 | 1196 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Holliep1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product as I usually wear studio fix fluid in NC15, or dior forever in the lightest shade and these were far too yellow/orange on my pale red head skin. The MUA matched me up with beige rose, and it's perfect for my skin. This foundation looks great on my skin, covering up my freckles and imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by miranorris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently received a full sized product thanks to my mum. I did try a sample before this. I like this foundation but i definitely don't love it.

It's really good for 'on and off ' spectacle wearers like me. It doesn't leave a mark when you take your sunglasses/spectacles off (unlike Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk). It doesn't get super oily which is a plus.

The things that i don't like about this foundation is that it's a lil too matte for that 'natural look' they claim it's supposed to give. It's also a pretty thick consistency for a liquid foundation which makes it a tad harder to blend but that doesn't really bother me that much.

(Wouldn't recommend this for people with dry skin.)

The soul reason i'd repurchase this would be because it doesn't leave a mark.. If you took that away, i wouldn't repurchase it. Overall i would say that there is nothing that spectacular about this foundation, it was just OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mbabe

Hello Ladies, I have tried many foundation samples. I do feel that this or Chanel foundation is the best in the market. It is been used by many celebrates and also Lisa Eldridge. It is good enough for Lisa it is good enough for me. I think the negative comments on this foundation is due to the reason that it is Chanel and people expect a ginny to come out of bottle. It is the best foundation and most natural looking. It blends in skin as well. Chanel well done !!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

It is extremely disappointing that Chanel would put out a foundation like this. I have honestly had better experience with almost every other foundation that I've used. This feels like a really thick paste on my skin, and WORST OF ALL - IT OXIDIZES! I wore it for about two weeks straight, and when I would look at myself in the mirror, I would wonder why I was looking so pink/orange. I thought it might have been my mineralize skinfinish natural setting powder (more on that in another review....), but that couldn't be the case. So I tried using different setting powders - same results. This awful foundation has really turned me off of Chanel base products, because a $55 foundation should be formulated much better than this. I will be sticking with my Dior, Armani, and Guerlain foundations from now on!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the finish (glowy, natural, skin-like), but the love stops there.

I can't get it to last throughout the day. I've tried it with HG primer, LM primer, TF primer; I've set it with UD All Nighter Spray, as well as Dermablend setting powder (don't judge, it's kicking around and I have to finish it before I buy another). I get about 4-5 hours of wear before it breaks down and melts. Fortunately, it does melt evenly, so I'm not left with any gross patches.

The color range blows. I'm rotating through 40, 20 and 14. 40 is too dark after it oxidizes, 20 is too light and 14 too peachy for me. I'm mixing like a back alley chemist but it's not working out.

No buy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I got this as a sample in a magazine in the beige rose tint. It was my skin tone and it looked wonderful on my skin! The smell was floral and strong but faded throughout the day. It even stayed put on my oily skin without powder! Once I get enough money I will definitely purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Sophina1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First expensive foundation I invested in.
I absolutely love it. I have oily skin and this foundation looks healthy but has a silky matt finish and doesn't need a powder ontop.
It lasts on the face for a while and the only downfall for some could be the coverage, which I believe to be medium.
It's very liquid like and goes on beautifully when applied with fingers. It's easy to work with on face and I definitely recommend to those who have oily skin and want that matt yet healthy hydrated look!
Bottom line: love it, worth buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by sarah8656

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a very difficult skin tone to match. I;m roughly an NC 45 in MAC - but very warm with areas that are more dusky than other areas which is typical of black skin. I was apprehensive to buy this foundation as a lot of reviews said that it wasn't appropriate for those with dry skin which I have.

Having tried this foundation I have to say that overall it is EXCELLENT at evening out skin tone on black skin due to the orange undertone. If you've ever tried orange colour correctors on under eye circles you will know the effect that orange/tan colours have on areas of darker skin.

Having said that it is not SO orange that I look like a tangerine at blends together very well.

The gripe I have with it is that it appears dry and cakey if NOT PROPERLY PRIMED AND APPLIED. The secret is to apply a good moisturiser underneath. Once I've done that I put the foundation on I then wait a minute. Then I take MAC strobe cream, rub it slightly between my hands then press it onto my foundation. The result is amaaaazing - dewy but to shiney, skin totally evened out looking exactly like my own skin.

Before I started applying it this was I thought the product was a waste of time but since discovering this technique I would not touch another foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by speetspeets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin, so it is important to me that my makeup has great coverage and stays on all day. This is the longest wear of any department store foundation, and I honestly don't leave the house without it (I even managed to convert my mom!). Whether I'm going out or in the office this is one of my all time favorites because it looks good from the time you put it on 🔆 to the time you take it off 🌙

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by AsiaFromAkron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was browsing the makeup counters at Macy's when the lady the at the Chanel counter started a conversation with me. I told her I was looking for a new foundation because my Bareminerals made my skin look so dull and my Clinique Even Better foundation made me break out horribly (the irony). She suggested this foundation and I was super excited because the shade actually matched my skin tone! I love the the finish of this foundation, it actually looks like I've been airbrushed and it definitely give me a glow. However, this love story came to sad end when I realized if I wear this foundation for more than 6 hours at time I ALWAYS end up with one or two pimples. My search continues...