Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 4/16/2013 10:42:00 PM

So I bought an SA in shade BR20.

. I have sort of a hard time finding a good match for my skin tone, which is very much peaches and cream, sort of a mix of pink and yellow and most foundations tend to be one or the other. I have found my best shade match in Clinique, but I don't really care for their foundation formulations.

Once this product oxidizes, it becomes darker. Be aware of this when you buy it. It was a shade or two darker and much more obviously pink toned. I really like how it wears and feels on my skin . It was very satiny and smooth but still matte and not greasy feeling, but the color change is too much for me to repurchase.

The pump leaked a little so it was kind of annoying but other than that I really liked this product

on 4/15/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am actually very fond of this foundation, it is lightweight, doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. The coverage is medium, but is buildable and can be full converge very easily. It is a bit too heavy for everyday use, but it is one of my favorites especially if I am going out at night and need it to last. I do not use it for daytime often, but this foundation with a primer and powder would last all day, in the California sun, working out.. All of it. Love it! Chanel foundations are really great quality. Definitely a winner.

on 4/14/2013 11:44:00 PM

The first time I tried this foundation, I didn't love it, but maybe that is because I usually prefer sheer dewy foundations. I decided to give it another try for a wedding I was going to and I fell in love with it. I did a couple of things different in applying this foundation. I used Kiehl moisturizer with bare minerals skin rev and sprayed my face with Mac fix+ as a primer. I also used a damp beauty blender and stippled the foundation on my skin. I then applied bare minerals mineral veil to set the foundation. I got so many compliments that night and it photographed wonderfully. I loved the finish and it made my skin look perfect. I am a makeup junkie and have tried Ysl, Armani, Burberry, Nars, MUFE, Mac and many other drugstore brands, but Perfection Lumiere is now my new HG foundation for special occasions since it is really expensive and a medium to full coverage foundation. I will still use my Ysl Touché éclat for everyday since its lighter.

on 4/14/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Looks flawless on. However would not use if my skin was not combination, its a bit on the dryer side.

on 4/13/2013 7:29:00 AM

better than lancome 24h foundation for lasting power

on 4/7/2013 7:56:00 PM

I love my Vitalumiere Aqua. I got a sample of Perfection lumiere in matching colour with my skintone. It looked cakey as soon as I applied, settled into pores, it was a little chalky and simply did not look flawless. I was not impressed at all and I washed it off, so I don't know if it oxidizes or lasts well. But later I saw a few backstage makeup photos from Chanel and the articles said Prolumiere was used on the models. And it just looked patchy! I think even Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is a better foundation. Sorry Chanel. I still love you.

on 4/7/2013 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried applying this foundation 3 ways. The first time I used my fingers, and the coverage was way too heavy, so the second time I used a foundation brush and it streaked really bad and still looked too heavy. After giving up on this foundation for a few months and going back to my MUF HD foundation, I decided to give it a try again, but this time with a dampened synthetic sponge. What a difference! I was so pleased with the end result...all I did was wet the sponge and squeeze out the excess water, then stippled the foundation lightly onto my face then blended as needed.

Pros....
Perfect colour match
Beautiful coverage when applied correctly
Covered red acne scars
No finishing powder needed (good for combination skin)

Cons.....
Very fragranced
Very expensive
Not good for dry skin
Hard to wash off
Made me break out

on 4/7/2013 12:53:00 PM

(I have a light tone, so 10 is good for me)
Pros: nice finish, healthy glow, doesn't feel too heavy
Cons: doesn't cover pores good enough.., redness either (can fix with some concealer), it doesn't last long, I would say about 5 hours, after that it doesn't look the same..

The color range is okay..

All in all: I really like the healthy looking and a bit glowy finish, the coverage is medium, if you put a little it could be sheer, if you don't have a lot of obvious pores, a lot of acne (if you have a few, you can cover it) or redness this is for you. So, it is nor for too problematic skin..
+I don't think it would work for dry or too oily skin
In the end, I would say it is really one of the best

I bought this foundation last week after the lady at the chanel counter tried it out on my face. In the mall it looked flawless and looked like it matched almost perfectly. But when i got home i took off all my makeup and tried it out. My face didn't match, but it did still look flawless with a perfect finish. I also tried it again yesterday and i noticed after a few hours it started to look orange and just not nice. I also bought the lightest shade. If there was a lighter colour i would possibly buy it again just because i love the finish.But it was jot worth $60 and i will probably return it.

on 3/30/2013 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a foundation junkie, I have to say that this is an avergae product. When you compare it with other foundations in the market, it would not be the greatest. Here are the reasons: The foundation turns into a powdery finish that some may like. It could look unnatural. If you are oily however, do not hold your breath because the grease comes out after 7 hours. As the time goes by, you end up looking greasier and greasier. I am normally NC30 (although this shade in MAC is too yellow for me). The Beige 30 in this brand matched my skin perfectly. It did not irritate my skin and it did not look patchy or uneven. It is buildable and you can get more or less coverage depending on the application. Here is the big question though: Would you pay $60 for a foundation that ranges just average? I would not. This is a good foundation but even in the drugstore arena of competing brands in foundations, you can find something comparable to this product. My suggestion is to start with a generous sample and look to see whether you like it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty