Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 3/17/2013 10:42:00 PM

I have had this foundation in my stash for a while and decided to give it another try. I recall when I had first used it, I did not like it because it wore off really fast and also oxidized throughout the day. At that time, my skin was very oily and I wasn't using any primer. Now that I am using an oil-controlling primer which I like, I figured maybe it would make a difference. Well, I tried it over a primer and still no real improvement. Immediately, I noticed the coverage was weird -- it doesn't really cover enough, my complexion didn't look even and redness and acne scars were still quite visible. The finish is satiny-powdery. Only after setting my face with a powder foundation did my complexion look acceptable to go out. Throughout the day, I noticed it oxidizing and getting more orangey, ugh. Don't waste your money on this foundation if you are combo-oily and are looking for a foundation with some coverage, it is a very disappointing product since it doesn't cover that well and it oxidized with oil. Normal skin gals, or those needing minimal coverage, there is a chance you might have better luck with this than I did.

on 3/16/2013 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I LOVE this foundation. I use to wear a custom blend foundation years ago by Prescriptives until they went out of business. A sales associates suggested I try Coco Chanel and I have been hooked ever since. I have Perfection Lumiere in Beige Ambre and it looks natural and dewy on my warm golden skin. I am a very busy mother of five who home schools and works full time at a medical office, and this foundation lasts all day without any drying or flakiness. This is definitely a keeper for me.

on 3/16/2013 12:24:00 PM

I was looking for a new bottle of foundation since my Givenchy photo perfexion never lasted long. I have a friend who's had a great success with Vita Lumiere so I went to Chanel counter. The woman asked me about my skin type (combination) and recommended me this. It has got a soft texture but it turns powdery pretty fast. She applied the foundation on me there and gave me a few samples. By the end of the day my skin was completely breaking out - became flaky around T-zone, various pimples throughout the skin, clogged pores... next day I shrugged and decided to give it another go. Same thing happened by the end of the day and my skin looked awful... So I don't think this will work out for me.

on 3/15/2013 6:16:00 PM

Patchy, does not give good coverage, sets in pores, caused break outs on my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Good coverage, a bit patchy on dry areas but easily solved with a good moisturizer. There are better ones out there, so I wouldn't spend the money again.

on 3/13/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I put all of my new foundations and samples to the same test when I bring it home: I try it on in front of the fluorescent lighted mirror on my desk. I always look at my left cheek, which has deep pockmarks, pores, and scarring, to see how it holds up.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere failed my test. I've had even better luck with crappy foundations such as MAC Studio Fix and Maybelline Fit Me. There is nothing special about this foundation other than the shade range. The coverage is medium at most, the finish is matte but this gets patchy, so oily areas will bleed through before you know it if you're super oily like me. If I'm going to pay $55 for a foundation, it better damn well impress me. And don't tell me to spend an extra $20, $30, $40 on a primer to put under it. When I pay that much for a foundation it better do it ALL. I better see some kinda halo like glow around my face. Nope. Not with this. All I saw was patchy drugstore-quality color on my face, visible pores, visible scarring, and already saw oil peek through within 2 hours. The finish is not glowy and beautiful, it looks the same as the ugly powdery look you get from Bare Minerals.

If you are interested in high end foundations, I would check out Guerlain's foundations. Guerlain has ones for oil control, radiance, and moisture and they are effective. Only thing is their colors suck compared to Chanel. But Chanel is not worth the price for the crap quality.

on 3/12/2013 8:10:00 AM

Gorgeous scent and good coverage. Was expecting a longer lasting effect from such a high end brand.

on 3/5/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am undecided about this product. I have been wearing it for two to three months, initially through many samples and then after purchase. The samples have worn much better than the actual bottle. I find that the bottled foundation has not worn as well over problem skin (such as blemishes or skin flakes) as the samples did. Perhaps my skin is more problematic now than it was before I purchased it, but there seems to be little change that I can detect.

I have dry/combination skin, some oil through the t-zone, enlarged pores on my nose and blemishes on my chin now and then. I have slight-to-annoying surface redness on my nose and the cheeks surrounding my nose. My cheeks are quite dry. I can have dry flakes anywhere on my face. My skin is very pale and cool-toned. I wear BR-12.

Color: Amazing! I chose Perfection Lumiere specifically for the color. It is an exact match for me. Itís amazing; it looks like my skin. I may repurchase for the color alone, thatís how great it is. My previous daily foundation was Vitalumiere Aqua, which I love, and BR-12 for Perfection Lumiere is a bit lighter than for Vitalumiere Aqua. These are the only two foundations Chanel offers in BR-12.

Coverage: Iffy. Vitalumiere Aqua is light coverage, and with it, I was using too much concealer for the dark circles under my eyes and over blemishes. Switching to Perfection Lumiere dramatically cut down on my concealer use. My eyes look much better even though I still use concealer. This does not cover the surface redness on my cheeks around my nose and my nose as well as I had hoped. The samples provided immediate coverage that lasted throughout the day, but I have to layer the bottle foundation in order to cover the red and the coverage lasts for only a few hours. Pretty poor performance for a longwear formula. I find this does not layer very well, so I just have breakthrough redness with one layer.

Finish: Iffy. Itís not as radiant as Vitalumiere Aqua, but that is to be expected for higher coverage. The radiance is still head and shoulders above other medium-coverage foundations I have tried from premiere houses **provided it binds well to my skin.** That said, it frequently sits on top of my skin, sink into pores simultaneously, and emphasizes dry skin. This isnít a foundation targeted for dry skin, so thatís to be expected. I make sure to exfoliate, moisturize, and prime thoroughly, but I have problems I have not encountered with other medium-coverage, normal skin foundations. I have tried brushing in one direction, buffing with flat-top and stipple brushes, and fingers. I also sometimes have a hard time blending concealer onto the foundation. Placing concealer before foundation seems to blend better. Even though I have predominantly dry skin and rarely powder over any foundation, I find this looks better powdered over the entire face. It is because of the finish that I have doubts about repurchasing.

I do love Chanel foundations, and if they were to offer other foundations in BR-12, I would try them in a heartbeat. In the meantime, I am going to continue wearing this and Vitalumiere Aqua while sampling other medium-coverage foundations from other brands. I hope to switch. But for now, this foundation is better than the alternatives I have tried. When it takes well to my skin, it looks almost natural unlike other medium-coverage and longwear formulas I have tried; the others look like makeup. If I have a breakthrough in making this work consistently for me, I will update.

on 3/2/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first bought this foundation, I was so excited. I thought I found my HG foundation. The finish of this foundation is the prettiest finish that I have EVER seen in a foundation & the smell is really lovely but.... After about 3 hours, this foundation oxidized horribly!!!! My face was about 3 shades darker than the rest of my body and it was orange! I tried using this with a primer, powder.. Nothing worked! This foundation isn't cheap either, and from Chanel I would expect more than that. If it wasn't for the horrible oxidation, this would indeed be my dream foundation. I was heart broken and sadly I will not be repurchasing.

on 2/25/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I bought this product as I usually wear studio fix fluid in NC15, or dior forever in the lightest shade and these were far too yellow/orange on my pale red head skin. The MUA matched me up with beige rose, and it's perfect for my skin. This foundation looks great on my skin, covering up my freckles and imperfections.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty