Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 3/30/2013 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a foundation junkie, I have to say that this is an avergae product. When you compare it with other foundations in the market, it would not be the greatest. Here are the reasons: The foundation turns into a powdery finish that some may like. It could look unnatural. If you are oily however, do not hold your breath because the grease comes out after 7 hours. As the time goes by, you end up looking greasier and greasier. I am normally NC30 (although this shade in MAC is too yellow for me). The Beige 30 in this brand matched my skin perfectly. It did not irritate my skin and it did not look patchy or uneven. It is buildable and you can get more or less coverage depending on the application. Here is the big question though: Would you pay $60 for a foundation that ranges just average? I would not. This is a good foundation but even in the drugstore arena of competing brands in foundations, you can find something comparable to this product. My suggestion is to start with a generous sample and look to see whether you like it.

on 3/29/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation is very hard to blend, and does not look good on the skin. I would never buy it again.

on 3/26/2013 7:59:00 PM

I had a make over done in Paris with this product. I have a few scars from chicken pox when I was little but perfect skin otherwise as long as it is properly hydrated of course. This product was very smooth and silky feeling Buuuut it was also very thick. I could see the make up on my face. I was so horrified I had the make up artist start over and we went for a much lighter cover.

on 3/24/2013 9:15:00 AM

I really like this foundation as it has the coverage and finish that I wanted from a foundation. I would even say this is one of my favourite foundations, but not my HG. Its perfect when applied but when I take a picture with the flash on the colour is even but there is a weird patchy powdery finish. Which is a real shame for a longwear foundation because people may buy this is a special occassion foundation for going out. I would re-purchase as I like the foundation but I am yet to find my HG.
UPDATE
I used my dermalogica active moist before applying this foundation this morning and the powdery finish disappeared!
ALSO BEST APPLIED WITH FINGERS I FIND!!!

on 3/19/2013 11:50:00 AM

I am a big fan of Chanel's foundations. I started off with Matte Lumiere followed by the Viralumiere Aqua and they are both great as they do not break me out. I have a very reactive skin and I will know a product will not work after one use as there will be big cysts the very next day.

Since I thought Chanel products have never broken me out, I even have the pressed powder and Matte Lumiere Powder Foundation, I decided to give this foundation a try. I love how it looks on my skin and the coverage it gives. The next day, I noticed a big cyst but I dismissed it as I thought I was breaking out due to other reasons. I stopped using the foundation until my skin recovers and then I returned to it. I broke out again. The worse of it all, I purchased this foundation with the Poudre Universal. After using this foundation with the loose powder, I tried using the loose powder alone and it also broke me out. Somehow my skin associated the Poudre Universal with this foundation and reacted to it.

I checked online to see what ingredients and I was shocked to read that the ingredient for the FRAGRANCE of this foundation has a 4 rating for acne causing properties (www.cosdna.com). Asides from that, the foundation mostly has the same ingredients as the ML and VLA.

I am sad that they have discontinued Matte Lumiere for this Perfection Lumiere thus now, I am on a hunt for a full coverage foundation.

Those with acne prone skin, please stay away from this product.

on 3/17/2013 10:42:00 PM

I have had this foundation in my stash for a while and decided to give it another try. I recall when I had first used it, I did not like it because it wore off really fast and also oxidized throughout the day. At that time, my skin was very oily and I wasn't using any primer. Now that I am using an oil-controlling primer which I like, I figured maybe it would make a difference. Well, I tried it over a primer and still no real improvement. Immediately, I noticed the coverage was weird -- it doesn't really cover enough, my complexion didn't look even and redness and acne scars were still quite visible. The finish is satiny-powdery. Only after setting my face with a powder foundation did my complexion look acceptable to go out. Throughout the day, I noticed it oxidizing and getting more orangey, ugh. Don't waste your money on this foundation if you are combo-oily and are looking for a foundation with some coverage, it is a very disappointing product since it doesn't cover that well and it oxidized with oil. Normal skin gals, or those needing minimal coverage, there is a chance you might have better luck with this than I did.

on 3/16/2013 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I LOVE this foundation. I use to wear a custom blend foundation years ago by Prescriptives until they went out of business. A sales associates suggested I try Coco Chanel and I have been hooked ever since. I have Perfection Lumiere in Beige Ambre and it looks natural and dewy on my warm golden skin. I am a very busy mother of five who home schools and works full time at a medical office, and this foundation lasts all day without any drying or flakiness. This is definitely a keeper for me.

on 3/16/2013 12:24:00 PM

I was looking for a new bottle of foundation since my Givenchy photo perfexion never lasted long. I have a friend who's had a great success with Vita Lumiere so I went to Chanel counter. The woman asked me about my skin type (combination) and recommended me this. It has got a soft texture but it turns powdery pretty fast. She applied the foundation on me there and gave me a few samples. By the end of the day my skin was completely breaking out - became flaky around T-zone, various pimples throughout the skin, clogged pores... next day I shrugged and decided to give it another go. Same thing happened by the end of the day and my skin looked awful... So I don't think this will work out for me.

on 3/15/2013 6:16:00 PM

Patchy, does not give good coverage, sets in pores, caused break outs on my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Good coverage, a bit patchy on dry areas but easily solved with a good moisturizer. There are better ones out there, so I wouldn't spend the money again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty