Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 4/13/2013 7:29:00 AM

better than lancome 24h foundation for lasting power

on 4/7/2013 7:56:00 PM

I love my Vitalumiere Aqua. I got a sample of Perfection lumiere in matching colour with my skintone. It looked cakey as soon as I applied, settled into pores, it was a little chalky and simply did not look flawless. I was not impressed at all and I washed it off, so I don't know if it oxidizes or lasts well. But later I saw a few backstage makeup photos from Chanel and the articles said Prolumiere was used on the models. And it just looked patchy! I think even Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is a better foundation. Sorry Chanel. I still love you.

on 4/7/2013 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried applying this foundation 3 ways. The first time I used my fingers, and the coverage was way too heavy, so the second time I used a foundation brush and it streaked really bad and still looked too heavy. After giving up on this foundation for a few months and going back to my MUF HD foundation, I decided to give it a try again, but this time with a dampened synthetic sponge. What a difference! I was so pleased with the end result...all I did was wet the sponge and squeeze out the excess water, then stippled the foundation lightly onto my face then blended as needed.

Pros....
Perfect colour match
Beautiful coverage when applied correctly
Covered red acne scars
No finishing powder needed (good for combination skin)

Cons.....
Very fragranced
Very expensive
Not good for dry skin
Hard to wash off
Made me break out

on 4/7/2013 12:53:00 PM

(I have a light tone, so 10 is good for me)
Pros: nice finish, healthy glow, doesn't feel too heavy
Cons: doesn't cover pores good enough.., redness either (can fix with some concealer), it doesn't last long, I would say about 5 hours, after that it doesn't look the same..

The color range is okay..

All in all: I really like the healthy looking and a bit glowy finish, the coverage is medium, if you put a little it could be sheer, if you don't have a lot of obvious pores, a lot of acne (if you have a few, you can cover it) or redness this is for you. So, it is nor for too problematic skin..
+I don't think it would work for dry or too oily skin
In the end, I would say it is really one of the best

I bought this foundation last week after the lady at the chanel counter tried it out on my face. In the mall it looked flawless and looked like it matched almost perfectly. But when i got home i took off all my makeup and tried it out. My face didn't match, but it did still look flawless with a perfect finish. I also tried it again yesterday and i noticed after a few hours it started to look orange and just not nice. I also bought the lightest shade. If there was a lighter colour i would possibly buy it again just because i love the finish.But it was jot worth $60 and i will probably return it.

on 3/30/2013 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a foundation junkie, I have to say that this is an avergae product. When you compare it with other foundations in the market, it would not be the greatest. Here are the reasons: The foundation turns into a powdery finish that some may like. It could look unnatural. If you are oily however, do not hold your breath because the grease comes out after 7 hours. As the time goes by, you end up looking greasier and greasier. I am normally NC30 (although this shade in MAC is too yellow for me). The Beige 30 in this brand matched my skin perfectly. It did not irritate my skin and it did not look patchy or uneven. It is buildable and you can get more or less coverage depending on the application. Here is the big question though: Would you pay $60 for a foundation that ranges just average? I would not. This is a good foundation but even in the drugstore arena of competing brands in foundations, you can find something comparable to this product. My suggestion is to start with a generous sample and look to see whether you like it.

on 3/29/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation is very hard to blend, and does not look good on the skin. I would never buy it again.

on 3/26/2013 7:59:00 PM

I had a make over done in Paris with this product. I have a few scars from chicken pox when I was little but perfect skin otherwise as long as it is properly hydrated of course. This product was very smooth and silky feeling Buuuut it was also very thick. I could see the make up on my face. I was so horrified I had the make up artist start over and we went for a much lighter cover.

on 3/24/2013 9:15:00 AM

I really like this foundation as it has the coverage and finish that I wanted from a foundation. I would even say this is one of my favourite foundations, but not my HG. Its perfect when applied but when I take a picture with the flash on the colour is even but there is a weird patchy powdery finish. Which is a real shame for a longwear foundation because people may buy this is a special occassion foundation for going out. I would re-purchase as I like the foundation but I am yet to find my HG.
UPDATE
I used my dermalogica active moist before applying this foundation this morning and the powdery finish disappeared!
ALSO BEST APPLIED WITH FINGERS I FIND!!!

on 3/19/2013 11:50:00 AM

I am a big fan of Chanel's foundations. I started off with Matte Lumiere followed by the Viralumiere Aqua and they are both great as they do not break me out. I have a very reactive skin and I will know a product will not work after one use as there will be big cysts the very next day.

Since I thought Chanel products have never broken me out, I even have the pressed powder and Matte Lumiere Powder Foundation, I decided to give this foundation a try. I love how it looks on my skin and the coverage it gives. The next day, I noticed a big cyst but I dismissed it as I thought I was breaking out due to other reasons. I stopped using the foundation until my skin recovers and then I returned to it. I broke out again. The worse of it all, I purchased this foundation with the Poudre Universal. After using this foundation with the loose powder, I tried using the loose powder alone and it also broke me out. Somehow my skin associated the Poudre Universal with this foundation and reacted to it.

I checked online to see what ingredients and I was shocked to read that the ingredient for the FRAGRANCE of this foundation has a 4 rating for acne causing properties (www.cosdna.com). Asides from that, the foundation mostly has the same ingredients as the ML and VLA.

I am sad that they have discontinued Matte Lumiere for this Perfection Lumiere thus now, I am on a hunt for a full coverage foundation.

Those with acne prone skin, please stay away from this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty