September 20, 2014 | 1310 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by makeuplove9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation! This is my first high end foundation and it's so much better than any other foundations I have used. I have very fair skin and often have trouble finding a good colour match. I use the colour 'beige rose' which is a perfect match for my skin! It is quite light and has pink undertones. The coverage of perfection lumiere is medium -full/ builable and it feels very lightweight on the skin, yet gives a beautiful, matte finish with a kind of dollfaced look.It photographs beautifully.I also love the floral smell of perfection lumiere. The packaging is easy to use with the pump and I find it is best applied with a foundation brush. The only downfall with this foundation is that it can feel quite drying and tight on my skin (this might not happen for everyone though). Overall ,this is an awesome foundation and the best one I have ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

This foundation really does "perfect" my complexion and makes my pores look smaller. Many products claim to make pores appear smaller, but don't deliver, so much praise to Chanel. I tend to be a little oily (mostly TZone & pores clog easily) so I avoid a lot of moisture, but I use moisturizer underneath of this. I would give 5 stars, however the color range could be a little better, and had I not been assertive at the counter would have ended up with the wrong color. It has a beautiful floral scent, so if you like florals this is an added bonus of mini aromatherapy.
I also use Vitalumiere Aqua and truly love that product as well. Perfection Lumiere provides more coverage, and is longer lasting. I like this for a different look; a little less casual.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by niamhsheahan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After posting my initial disappointing review of this product I have been trying so many different ways to make it work and have found a way to make this product look decent. Previously I had been using circular buffing motions to apply this product but it just wasn't working. It was dragging the product across my skin and making it streak, giving the illusion of uneven, patchy skin. I now apply this product with a bouncing motion, lightly bouncing it all over my skin. It leaves a flawless, perfected look to the skin. I now see why this product gets positive reviews as it covers nicely and gives the skin a perfected look that lasts all day on my oily skin. O.k. now for some basic details about this foundation. It has a satin finish and covers pretty well, for me I would say it is leaning on the heavy side of medium coverage. This foundation also has the traditional Chanel foundation scent, which personally I love but may not be appealing to everyone. I have this in the colour B10 which matches my pale and warm skin tone perfectly. The foundation is packaged in a glass cuboid bottle with a black plastic pump. The pump dispenses the product with nice pressure and the amount of product desired is easily controllable. I am glad that I didn't give up on this product as I now enjoy it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Holymacarony

I love this foundation. Im on my second bottle now. It is perfect for my comination to oily skin, and gives good cover. It last the hole day (with powder over) and smells good too :) For pale skin, nr 22 Beige rose is really nice!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by costrow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found a sample of this in a magazine earlier this year and loved it - so bought a bottle. I have been using teint majeur from YSL for quite a few years. At over $95 a jar it is, by far, the most expensive foundation on the market. When I found the Chanel sample at $55 bottle it seemed to be a better price. In the beginning this formula seemed to give my skin a really nice matte look. I was able to go with a lighter color than with the YSL. because it was such a good match for my skin.

The problem: after about a week I noticed that my skin was breaking out with cystic acne and my pores looked large.
I hoped something else was doing this - since it didn't happen right away & I liked the way the Chanel Foundation looked. I went back to my other foundation and my skin cleared totally. I decided to try the Chanel one more time just in case the problem wasn't due to the foundation but, once again, my skin broke out with "painful" acne. so... I'm back where I started.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an update to my Chanel Perfection Lumiere (50Biege) since I just finished my bottle.

The Scent definitely was not noticeable after halfway through the bottle (I guess I got used to it...which is a shame because it's such a great scent that perks me up on application).

The foundation looks great on initial application but after using the entire bottle up I sort of scratched one lippy off since the Oxidation bothered me a bit. I have Combination skin (ASIAN) and I don't like using Primers on my skin since I like keeping things simple...Chanel's foundation not only changes color throughout the day, but the foundation itself just disappears after 6+ hours of wear on me. I guess I will have to start wearing a primer if I really want it but I'd rather see some options out there.

Currently I bought the new Illumasqua Skin Base 12 (YAY it's available in Sephora Toronto Eatons Centre NOW!)....and also trying YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. So far...the YSL am loving..Light-Medium coverage and has a stunning dewy look (I personally hate looking oily) but it's dewiness is comparable to Chanel's Perfection Lumiere! :)

****To those in the Greater TORONTO Area (GTA), check out the new Sephora at Eatons they got OCC(Obsessive Compolsive Cosmetics), Becca, Illumasqua, and a few other brands that you've probably seen other makeup Gurus use on Youtube. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by willhe2020

i have bin using this on sum of my makeup clients and my self and 5/5 persons say its super light Waite on the skin, feel like theirs nothing there. the full coverage is a plus as well as the added radiance and the smell is amazing. thinking about buying the entire line for my customers

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Tgirlnc

I was given a generous sample of this foundation in my search for my new HG. I am very disappointed. I do not have large pores really no wrinkles on my face..This foundation has accentuated every line, pore and mark on my face after two hours of wear. I am not wearing a primer and with my previous and now discontinued HG (YSL Teint Resist) I didn't have to wear one and it lasted for an entire day with only powder touch-up late in day. The search continues! Any suggestions welcome.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Blairsauce

I have the beige 10, if you have dry skin- skip this product, if you have oily skin- skip this product ; dry because it will set into your dry spots and make you look flaky and go oily skin this product will melt on your skin. this foundation is for normal skin, I usually use a moisturizer before using this on special occasions because it is so heavy, the "matte" effect causes the foundation to settle in lines or pores and makes pimples look bigger than they are. this foundation is so hard to take off, therefore after using this for a week if you have problem skin you will break out and have pores, i used this once and my friend bought the same thing saying my face looked amazing, she had a severe breakout and she decided to go to the dermatologist because it was that bad, we learned from the dermatologist that this Chanel foundation had an ingredient that prevented your skin from breathing, so your skins results from this foundation are dullness,dry, breakouts, etc. this foundation is amazing for people with low maintenance skin but it is so bad for it at the same time skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Alisaaaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation, it's so flawless and easy to use the smell is not to bad it definetly fades away, I really like the pump as one and a half pump is enough for entire face, I use a stippling brush so it's amazing !! I thought the colour was a bit light for me but it's very natural !!
Love it !