August 28, 2014 | 923 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Holymacarony

I love this foundation. Im on my second bottle now. It is perfect for my comination to oily skin, and gives good cover. It last the hole day (with powder over) and smells good too :) For pale skin, nr 22 Beige rose is really nice!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by costrow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found a sample of this in a magazine earlier this year and loved it - so bought a bottle. I have been using teint majeur from YSL for quite a few years. At over $95 a jar it is, by far, the most expensive foundation on the market. When I found the Chanel sample at $55 bottle it seemed to be a better price. In the beginning this formula seemed to give my skin a really nice matte look. I was able to go with a lighter color than with the YSL. because it was such a good match for my skin.

The problem: after about a week I noticed that my skin was breaking out with cystic acne and my pores looked large.
I hoped something else was doing this - since it didn't happen right away & I liked the way the Chanel Foundation looked. I went back to my other foundation and my skin cleared totally. I decided to try the Chanel one more time just in case the problem wasn't due to the foundation but, once again, my skin broke out with "painful" acne. so... I'm back where I started.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an update to my Chanel Perfection Lumiere (50Biege) since I just finished my bottle.

The Scent definitely was not noticeable after halfway through the bottle (I guess I got used to it...which is a shame because it's such a great scent that perks me up on application).

The foundation looks great on initial application but after using the entire bottle up I sort of scratched one lippy off since the Oxidation bothered me a bit. I have Combination skin (ASIAN) and I don't like using Primers on my skin since I like keeping things simple...Chanel's foundation not only changes color throughout the day, but the foundation itself just disappears after 6+ hours of wear on me. I guess I will have to start wearing a primer if I really want it but I'd rather see some options out there.

Currently I bought the new Illumasqua Skin Base 12 (YAY it's available in Sephora Toronto Eatons Centre NOW!)....and also trying YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. So far...the YSL am loving..Light-Medium coverage and has a stunning dewy look (I personally hate looking oily) but it's dewiness is comparable to Chanel's Perfection Lumiere! :)

****To those in the Greater TORONTO Area (GTA), check out the new Sephora at Eatons they got OCC(Obsessive Compolsive Cosmetics), Becca, Illumasqua, and a few other brands that you've probably seen other makeup Gurus use on Youtube. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by willhe2020

i have bin using this on sum of my makeup clients and my self and 5/5 persons say its super light Waite on the skin, feel like theirs nothing there. the full coverage is a plus as well as the added radiance and the smell is amazing. thinking about buying the entire line for my customers

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Tgirlnc

I was given a generous sample of this foundation in my search for my new HG. I am very disappointed. I do not have large pores really no wrinkles on my face..This foundation has accentuated every line, pore and mark on my face after two hours of wear. I am not wearing a primer and with my previous and now discontinued HG (YSL Teint Resist) I didn't have to wear one and it lasted for an entire day with only powder touch-up late in day. The search continues! Any suggestions welcome.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Blairsauce

I have the beige 10, if you have dry skin- skip this product, if you have oily skin- skip this product ; dry because it will set into your dry spots and make you look flaky and go oily skin this product will melt on your skin. this foundation is for normal skin, I usually use a moisturizer before using this on special occasions because it is so heavy, the "matte" effect causes the foundation to settle in lines or pores and makes pimples look bigger than they are. this foundation is so hard to take off, therefore after using this for a week if you have problem skin you will break out and have pores, i used this once and my friend bought the same thing saying my face looked amazing, she had a severe breakout and she decided to go to the dermatologist because it was that bad, we learned from the dermatologist that this Chanel foundation had an ingredient that prevented your skin from breathing, so your skins results from this foundation are dullness,dry, breakouts, etc. this foundation is amazing for people with low maintenance skin but it is so bad for it at the same time skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Alisaaaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation, it's so flawless and easy to use the smell is not to bad it definetly fades away, I really like the pump as one and a half pump is enough for entire face, I use a stippling brush so it's amazing !! I thought the colour was a bit light for me but it's very natural !!
Love it !

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by kattday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! I have oily skin and I find that this foundation keeps me matte. It's not a dull matte at all, but a very satin matte which I absolutely adore! It does offer a medium to full coverage, but you don't look caked up or fake. The end result is beautiful and perfect skin! It lasts all day for me without powder (amazingly).

I would say that this foundation is best for those with normal, combination, or oily skin. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin as it will accentuate dry patches. Also, I would not recommend using a traditional foundation brush. You can, but it's better to use a beauty blender or stippling brush or your hands to get the best out of this foundation.

UPDATE: For me, this is best to use during the summer. It's a bit drying during the winter. I need a bit heavier moisturizer if I'm using this in the winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Huongxoxo

This gives a medium to full coverage and I do not recommend this to people with dry to combination skin because if you have dry patches on your face, it makes dry areas more noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jdanskin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I originally went to my local Chanel counter keen to try out the Vitalumiere Aqua, as I tend to prefer yellow-based foundations, but the lightest shade was visibly too dark for me even under the fluorescent lights. To appease the sales assistant, I agreed to try the Perfection Lumiere instead in the lightest shade, Beige Rose, even though it's a pink-based shade, and I was amazed by how close a match it is! This is basically my skin colour in a bottle. However, it's not perfect for other reasons.

For those with dry skin (like me) I wouldn't say this product is the best out there, but after forking out over £30.00 I made it work! I could only get away with applying this with my fingers very quickly (as it dries quickly) rather than my usual stippling or foundation brush, which was a bit of a pain. However it does sit well and I would set with powder.

It's a bit annoying that you can't see how much product is remaining, but apart from that it is a lovely bottle and one pump covers my whole face. I'd prefer a higher SPF too, but the ingredients didn't upset my sensitive skin which is always a plus.

Another thing with this foundation is that it's not as long-wearing as I'd like (despite it claiming to be a long-wear foundation); I normally found I was relying on powder top-ups by early afternoon which isn't that great in my book, doesn't work as well as my Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich SPF 15 (which I have in Porcelain).

All in all, this is a lovely foundation that in theory I would buy again, but probably just as an evening/special occasion foundation rather than everyday.