July 25, 2014 | 1926 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Blairsauce

I have the beige 10, if you have dry skin- skip this product, if you have oily skin- skip this product ; dry because it will set into your dry spots and make you look flaky and go oily skin this product will melt on your skin. this foundation is for normal skin, I usually use a moisturizer before using this on special occasions because it is so heavy, the "matte" effect causes the foundation to settle in lines or pores and makes pimples look bigger than they are. this foundation is so hard to take off, therefore after using this for a week if you have problem skin you will break out and have pores, i used this once and my friend bought the same thing saying my face looked amazing, she had a severe breakout and she decided to go to the dermatologist because it was that bad, we learned from the dermatologist that this Chanel foundation had an ingredient that prevented your skin from breathing, so your skins results from this foundation are dullness,dry, breakouts, etc. this foundation is amazing for people with low maintenance skin but it is so bad for it at the same time skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Alisaaaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation, it's so flawless and easy to use the smell is not to bad it definetly fades away, I really like the pump as one and a half pump is enough for entire face, I use a stippling brush so it's amazing !! I thought the colour was a bit light for me but it's very natural !!
Love it !

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by kattday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! I have oily skin and I find that this foundation keeps me matte. It's not a dull matte at all, but a very satin matte which I absolutely adore! It does offer a medium to full coverage, but you don't look caked up or fake. The end result is beautiful and perfect skin! It lasts all day for me without powder (amazingly).

I would say that this foundation is best for those with normal, combination, or oily skin. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin as it will accentuate dry patches. Also, I would not recommend using a traditional foundation brush. You can, but it's better to use a beauty blender or stippling brush or your hands to get the best out of this foundation.

UPDATE: For me, this is best to use during the summer. It's a bit drying during the winter. I need a bit heavier moisturizer if I'm using this in the winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Huongxoxo

This gives a medium to full coverage and I do not recommend this to people with dry to combination skin because if you have dry patches on your face, it makes dry areas more noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jdanskin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I originally went to my local Chanel counter keen to try out the Vitalumiere Aqua, as I tend to prefer yellow-based foundations, but the lightest shade was visibly too dark for me even under the fluorescent lights. To appease the sales assistant, I agreed to try the Perfection Lumiere instead in the lightest shade, Beige Rose, even though it's a pink-based shade, and I was amazed by how close a match it is! This is basically my skin colour in a bottle. However, it's not perfect for other reasons.

For those with dry skin (like me) I wouldn't say this product is the best out there, but after forking out over £30.00 I made it work! I could only get away with applying this with my fingers very quickly (as it dries quickly) rather than my usual stippling or foundation brush, which was a bit of a pain. However it does sit well and I would set with powder.

It's a bit annoying that you can't see how much product is remaining, but apart from that it is a lovely bottle and one pump covers my whole face. I'd prefer a higher SPF too, but the ingredients didn't upset my sensitive skin which is always a plus.

Another thing with this foundation is that it's not as long-wearing as I'd like (despite it claiming to be a long-wear foundation); I normally found I was relying on powder top-ups by early afternoon which isn't that great in my book, doesn't work as well as my Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich SPF 15 (which I have in Porcelain).

All in all, this is a lovely foundation that in theory I would buy again, but probably just as an evening/special occasion foundation rather than everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by follepetite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most expensive foundation I've ever purchased/used at $55 USD, and I just wish it was worth the price. I purchased this in the summer, so now that it's winter, it is far too dark/orange. It may have been a bit too dark to begin with, but after it sits on the skin for a while, it sort of blends in and matches a bit better. I do believe it has oxidized in the bottle. It has a very strong floral/rose scent. I quite like it, but I see how some will be too sensitive to it. This must be shaken thoroughly as it can separate.

Upon applying, this product is a dream. The semi-matte finish doesn't even need powder to set, but since I'm oily, I use some anyway. It glides right over pores and smooths your skin's texture. It's not too difficult to blend, but the formula is really thin so I feel like I need to use a ton of it to cover my whole face. It can move around if you apply concealer or powders too harshly over it.

However, after using it for a few months, I now notice that it starts to separate on my skin 2-3 hours after applying. It sinks into my pores and becomes patchy and flaky, which frankly looks worse than if I had no foundation on at all. I thought it might have to do with me having oily skin, but no amount of powdering or mixing with moisturizer prevents this. The MUA specifically told me to try it because I have oily skin and asked for something long-lasting. I don't understand what happened. When I tried out the sample for a few days, I never had this problem (obviously, since I went back and bought the full bottle).

I'm done trying to make this foundation work. Maybe I'll come back to it in the summer when I initially had good results.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am using this foundation right now on one of my actress clients. I change foundations on her every few months or so because I have yet to find THE ONE. For now this is A ONE, but not THE. It looks beautiful but it takes a bit of work to get there.
This is how I make it work for her...
1. PREP the skin. You simply cannot skip this step with this foundation. I use EMU oil first, let it absorb for a few minutes
2. followed with InVizinc sunscreen, which together works as a good primer.
3. Apply foundation with a foundation brush and blend quickly with a beauty blender
4. Lightly dust pressed powder in areas as needed. (T.Le Clerc in Sable is one of my favorites and a staple BTW) Remember This foundation can be drying so take care not to over powder
When I apply in this manner the result is stunning. Honestly she has never looked better. But I have to be so diligent and careful with each step otherwise I may end up with a dry, skippy application. I should have named my MUAlley handle "lazyMUA" because I do not want to work this hard or be stressed out to get good results. For this reason I continue the hunt...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyhehe

i started with it's previous version pro lumiere, then come to perfection lumiere after finishing with pro lumiere with a satisfying face. so this perfection lumiere has a medium to high coverage, and it is oil free when i look into details. it would be good fit with laura mercier foundation primer as both are oil free. i am not buying this again not because of the price, but with the quality. it is too hard to apply. from chanel beauty ambassador, i learn about u have to quickly apply it to area by area. i follow this advice still end up uneven application. my application skills did not deterior, the product is not good enough. i will try armani, sisley, and lancome foundation soon. good luck to u all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by jazne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chanel Perfection Lumière.. I expected more of you.

I have a dry and sensitive skin.
This foundation has a nice color for my pale skin 10 beige, and plus for the SPF. But i have really tried this many times, apply with my fingers and with a foundation brush, with alot of moisture under and a base.

Eitherway it doesnt work for my skin.
It lays in my pores so its very visible im wearing a foundation, my skin looking dry.
So i think this foundation is for more like normal skin type, rather than dry.

I wont buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Afrojk

One of the best foundations I have used so far. It is a semi matte foundation with a smooth finish offering medium to full coverage depending on how much you put on.

Very easy to apply (I use my fingers and I find that it does the job well without having to use makeup sponges).
It dries fast and does not feel sticky, a good foundation to put over sunscreen. The only bad thing about this is that you will probably need a moisturiser or a primer if you have drier patches of skin on your face as it will tend to sit like a powder on top instead of blending in.

I use this in beige 30 and find that the yellow undertones complements my asian skin. I find that this colour is more suited to my skin than bobbi brown ones for some reason. It gives a 'cleaner' and lighter look, and does not look cakey.
Another thing I love about this is the smell. Although it doesn't linger, it gives off a somewhat floral/baby powder-ish scent which is nice.

Would definitely purchase this again if not for the hefty price tag.