November 24, 2014 | 1157 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Sophina1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First expensive foundation I invested in.
I absolutely love it. I have oily skin and this foundation looks healthy but has a silky matt finish and doesn't need a powder ontop.
It lasts on the face for a while and the only downfall for some could be the coverage, which I believe to be medium.
It's very liquid like and goes on beautifully when applied with fingers. It's easy to work with on face and I definitely recommend to those who have oily skin and want that matt yet healthy hydrated look!
Bottom line: love it, worth buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by sarah8656

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a very difficult skin tone to match. I;m roughly an NC 45 in MAC - but very warm with areas that are more dusky than other areas which is typical of black skin. I was apprehensive to buy this foundation as a lot of reviews said that it wasn't appropriate for those with dry skin which I have.

Having tried this foundation I have to say that overall it is EXCELLENT at evening out skin tone on black skin due to the orange undertone. If you've ever tried orange colour correctors on under eye circles you will know the effect that orange/tan colours have on areas of darker skin.

Having said that it is not SO orange that I look like a tangerine at blends together very well.

The gripe I have with it is that it appears dry and cakey if NOT PROPERLY PRIMED AND APPLIED. The secret is to apply a good moisturiser underneath. Once I've done that I put the foundation on I then wait a minute. Then I take MAC strobe cream, rub it slightly between my hands then press it onto my foundation. The result is amaaaazing - dewy but to shiney, skin totally evened out looking exactly like my own skin.

Before I started applying it this was I thought the product was a waste of time but since discovering this technique I would not touch another foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by speetspeets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin, so it is important to me that my makeup has great coverage and stays on all day. This is the longest wear of any department store foundation, and I honestly don't leave the house without it (I even managed to convert my mom!). Whether I'm going out or in the office this is one of my all time favorites because it looks good from the time you put it on 🔆 to the time you take it off 🌙

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by AsiaFromAkron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was browsing the makeup counters at Macy's when the lady the at the Chanel counter started a conversation with me. I told her I was looking for a new foundation because my Bareminerals made my skin look so dull and my Clinique Even Better foundation made me break out horribly (the irony). She suggested this foundation and I was super excited because the shade actually matched my skin tone! I love the the finish of this foundation, it actually looks like I've been airbrushed and it definitely give me a glow. However, this love story came to sad end when I realized if I wear this foundation for more than 6 hours at time I ALWAYS end up with one or two pimples. My search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by angbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So far I love this product. I have been a dedicated Lancome user, but they have changed their formulation which literally slides off my skin midday. So, I went to the Chanel counter and asked for a sample of this foundation and my skin loves it. It works wonderfully after applying a serum, moisturizer and primer. This foundation applies perfectly with a brush and last all day with minimal touch-up. I have to blot oil midday, and touch up with a little powder, but that is the extent of it.

My skin is somewhat sensitive to change, and not a single bit of a breakout and not nearly as oily as the Lancome 24 hour product! My skin is fair and oxides to a yellow/orange tint typically, so the 22 beige rose works wonderfully for me. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i'm nw10 girl living in humid area.. so none of summer shade.. it's totally the same unless i get sun burn.
i'm easily sweating (so i have problem with blotchy and transfer)
i'm having dry - combo skin, i'm oily alot when i'm sweating

i buy it at Singapore international airport, Changi. i think it's 67$ SGD (i'm not sure but it's about 60-70). kinda expensive foundation.

i check the shade, and i compare it, between the b10,b12, and the shade what i take it b21 (i think it's special shade for asia?). i take the b21 cause it's way ligther that b10 and b12, since b10 it's still too dark for my skin. when i buy it i'm having sunburn on my face so i think my shade is nw15 that time. but now it's back to normal nw10.

the colour is no match for my skin. i can say it's too yellow. i dont mind to wear yellowish undertone foundation but if it's look very yellow mean it's darker than my actuall skin tone.

it doesn't oxidize, doesnt transfer, doesnt cake, doesnt blotchy.

it's scents, it's light weight, it's easy to blend, the texture is lovely, the staying power is great, also the oil control is pretty nice.. (6hr without blotting)

it's nice to have this foundation but the minus is the colour range isnt that much, especially for very extremely fair skin as mine. so i give it 4 lippies for it :D

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't decide how I feel about this foundation. It has a lovely finish when I first put it on and the color match is very good. I have pale skin with strong red undertones and this can sometimes be difficult to match. But, as the day wears on, I think this foundation settles into my skin in a way that is kind of unflattering. It draws attention to my dry spots. I also find it a little difficult to buff in when I'm first putting it on my face. Maybe as I play with it a bit more I'll come up with a more satisfactory way to wear it. However, since it is so fussy, I don't reach for it as often as I do some of my other foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Curlyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I like this foundation or not. I have the 54 beige ambre and it's a little too dark. The foundation doesn't give me all the coverage that I need and this is not a foundation you should apply under your eyes if you have very dark circles under your eyes(as I have). I also feel like it makes my skin a little dry, eventhough I have a normal skin. I hear that from a lot of people, so I'm not the only one.
I bought this foundation, because of the smell and the 'skincare' in the foundation. I've always used MAC, but I wanted something that's better for my skin. I don't think I would buy this product again and go with MAC instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by allthatglittersxox

I do like this foundation. The smell is divine! But I feel like it's claimed to be 'full coverage' when I feel it's really not. I have hyper pigmentation from acne scars and this doesn't cover it in the slightest but does even out skin tones! it feels very smooth and soft and luxurious on the skin. It's a nice product, but if you're lucky and have perfect skin! The color range is good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by makeuplove9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation! This is my first high end foundation and it's so much better than any other foundations I have used. I have very fair skin and often have trouble finding a good colour match. I use the colour 'beige rose' which is a perfect match for my skin! It is quite light and has pink undertones. The coverage of perfection lumiere is medium -full/ builable and it feels very lightweight on the skin, yet gives a beautiful, matte finish with a kind of dollfaced look.It photographs beautifully.I also love the floral smell of perfection lumiere. The packaging is easy to use with the pump and I find it is best applied with a foundation brush. The only downfall with this foundation is that it can feel quite drying and tight on my skin (this might not happen for everyone though). Overall ,this is an awesome foundation and the best one I have ever used!