July 31, 2014 | 1358 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by forgetmenotbutterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really short lashes that stick straight down. The design on the brush makes it a little hard to get to the root of my lashes without getting formula everywhere. I like that if I do in fact screw up, I can wipe the formula away easily. Overall, it's okay, and I love that I got several tubes for free, but I probably wouldn't go out and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what i'm talking about! This is the classic great lash made for today's lady! We all want dramatic lashes now, we are not satisfied with enhanced or defined lashes. This mascara delivers the modern lash with minimal effort and maximum wear. I love the original great lash, it took me a while to warm up to it and I have used so many mascaras from high end to drugstore. The reason that I am a great lash convert is because of the formula, it just works so well, it stays the same all day and i experience no smudging or flaking. My lashes also feel healthy because of less buildup from harder to remove products. If you want you can read my review on the original great lash here on mua. The formula here is the same, it's wet, buildable, stays put all day, and is easy to remove. I love the formula possibly too much, but what i love about this specific product is the brush (obviously, i'm not the first whos mentioned it). The brush just works so well at applying the mascara to the lashes and it makes them extremely long and gives excellent volume! I like this better than my beloved Revlon photoready 3D volume because the length actually stays after it dries (does any one else have this problem??). I have nothing but great things to say about this product, the brush has fixed many of the problems that we face with the traditional great lash. I hope this stays put on the shelves forever!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by meamariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good, but it's not the best. The brush is neat, but it's not very good for the top lashes. In my opinion this mascara is perfect for the bottom lashes because it gets every single one. I don't think I'd buy it again though, it wasn't spectacular.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i havent tried that many mascaras...but i do love most maybelline ones but this one i can prolly say honestly is the most TERRIBLE mascara ive ever tried. i unno if there is some kind of technique to using the brush but the packaging is absolutely impossible for me to work with. i thought the brush was cute but obviously i now find it a huge flaw b/c one end is waaay too small, smaller than the hole in the bottle so mascara clumps on that end and gives u terribly thick yet watery (formula is watery) application. my lashes clumps together and i cant even separate with the thicker end of the wand b/c there is already so much mascara on my lashes. i wud ABSOLUTELY not buy this...apparently some ppl really like this mascara, if u found a way around this please message me ur trick so i dont have to throw this thing away

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CorrineSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can get the blackest, longest, feathery-est, volumized lashes with a curl but the mess around my eyes is the deal breaker. The brush is neat looking but messy and the formula is just too wet. Way too much work. I won't throw it away but I won't repurchase either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by azalea333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. The brush was a bit weird at first, but it really works great. This mascara thickens, lengthens and defines my lashes without clumping. The brush really does get to each and every lash and separates them nicely.It makes my lashes longer and thicker than Great Lash Big. It's currently my go to mascara, and I will definitely be purchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by stellahgreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a fan of the original Great Lash, but was willing to branch out to explore a product that provided more volume. I hated the brush on Lots of Lashes. I never did figure out how to use it to evenly apply mascara to my upper lashes without clumping ot blinding myself. The brush has a weirdly steep angle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a step up from the original Great Lash, I can't even tell you. If it's the Great Lash name that's turning you off, step back for a second. What's wrong with the original Great Lash is the brush. It's a fine formula. Lengthening, volumizing...not to thick. But the brush is the issue. This brush totally turns the entire mascara around. The "great little grabber brush" is perfect for combing through each lash. It plumps and volumizing each lash, and is a really builldable mascara. I love the super cute heart shaped wand! But it's not just for show. It turns a bland mascara into a plumping, volumizing mascara. Plus, there's major length.

~*~UPDATE~*~

Wore this mascara for a weekend and got compliments from everyone from my mom to waitressees. I never get that many compliments from a mascara! Gives a gorgeous, false lash effect without looking fake.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Sarinou

CONS:
Becomes flaky
Sticks the lashes together (not natural at all)
Cannot put other coats if the mascara is dry, and this thing dries really fast
PROS:
Easy to remove
Cheap
Last for a while
Brush is good for the lower lashes, but not so much on the upper lashes

I will not buy this product again simply because I want to try other things that look a lot more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I found this product to be quite different from the other Great Lash products. The formula smudged very easily and after a simple eye rub, I look like a raccoon. I wanted to try the brush and for $3.99, you can't go wrong. It did a great job separating and volumizing my lashes without major clumping. It appeared that I had more lashes compared to other mascaras. There was also no smudging! The only downside in my opinion, was that the product dried out more quickly than usual, and did not last more than a few weeks. Overall, this is a good buy for the value and results.