October 1, 2014 | 1006 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by 057Yasminh

I didn't have such a good time with this mascara. It is clumpy and sticky and I have the worst experience while trying to de-clump my lashes. The applicator is not very helpful either. For a price of 6 CAD it wasn't worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this mascara doesn't have a higher rating :(
I tried this on a total whim close to 3yrs ago because I liked the way the little brush looked. I didn't expect much because I remembered my experience with the Original Great Lash, and it wasn't a good one.. The Original Great Lash is ALWAYS talked about in fashion mags but I've never seen what all the hype is..
ANYWAY, this was only $4-5 USD so I grabbed it, my initial reaction was WOW! I couldn't believe how well the little brush grabs all of my lashes and one coat gets a very natural look, but you can apply several coats & get a much more dramatic look. It also has nice staying power & doesn't smudge like crazy (the way you do L'oreal Carbon Black Voluminious!!!)
I've since repurchased maybe 5-6x? I currently own the "blackest black" shade as well as "brownish black" & still wear them regularly. I love brownish black for "no makeup days" because it's almost the identical color of my natural lashes & one coat gives such an enhanced lash look without any clumpies.
I've also found that I love this mascara as like a primer/base coat for other mascaras on more dramatic lash days. One coat of this followed by one coat of CG Lash Perfection, followed by one coat of Jordana Best Lash Extreme (sounds like overkill, I know :D) -gives VA VA VOOM lashes!!
So if you are like me & tried the original great lash, disliked it & think that you'll dislike this as well, you just might love it! ;D
I haven't yet compared the ingredient list on the packaging between this & the original to see if they're the same ingredients, but I imagine that they are or Maybelline would have given this a different name, right? It's just that little brush that makes all the difference!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by BlackMarketKidneys

This mascara didnt work for me. The formula was too wet and dragged my lashes down so the curl wasnt as pronounced as I would have liked.
Secondly, because one end of the brush is a lot thinner than the other, there is a LOT more product on that end and I ended up smearing mascara onto my eyelid (maybe I need more practise?)

However it didnt clump and the colour is a nice deep black, but I still wont be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a huge and dedicated fan to Maybelline and their "Great Lash" line. I have religiously re purchased their regular formula mascara and wand for years, and years. I received this mascara as a birthday present and I was SO excited to try because of the new wand! After practice it does become easier but I find the application to be tricky nearing the end of your eyelashes and the formula seems to have changed, being dry and flakey. I was so disappointed because 1) I love Maybelline and 2) I have never had an issue with this line. Sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by SophiaNicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has to be my #1 mascara! I have long, straight lashes and this mascara works wonders. I purchased this mascara when it was first released and found it at Walmart for $3.00. I noticed the brush had an odd shape, however, I got used to it right away. The little bristles on the brush allow you to reach the little lashes in the corner of your eyes. With 2 applications, this mascara lifted my lashes up, giving them a beautiful natural curl with great length. I purchased this mascara in brownish black as it does not wash out fair complexions like many black mascaras tend to do. 2-3 coats of this mascara does an amazing job. I will continue to repurchase this product !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I think that is a very high improvement from the original Great Lash. The brush kind of reminds me of Telescopic Explosion, which can be really bad if not applied correctly, but with patience and a steady hand can give beautiful results. Same with this. I think if you don't apply this right, yes it will be terrible. But I found that this held a curl, it lengthened, an did not clump. I think this is a high improvement from the original Great Lash and has a place in the mascara world. It is not garbage like the other one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by gemini12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very thin lashes and struggle to find mascaras that have a brush that is small enough that it doesn't get mascara all over my lid yet has a decent formulation. Although I'm not in love with this formulation, it's a BIG improvement over the original Great Lash formula, which I have always disliked. However, I do love the brush enough to make up for anything the actual mascara is lacking. This is my current "go to" mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by serenasneddon

This is an awesome mascara! It's a lot better than many other mascaras. It seriously defines lashes and adds volume, even if you haven't curled your lashes. Which is what a mascara SHOULD be in my opinion :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by forgetmenotbutterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really short lashes that stick straight down. The design on the brush makes it a little hard to get to the root of my lashes without getting formula everywhere. I like that if I do in fact screw up, I can wipe the formula away easily. Overall, it's okay, and I love that I got several tubes for free, but I probably wouldn't go out and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what i'm talking about! This is the classic great lash made for today's lady! We all want dramatic lashes now, we are not satisfied with enhanced or defined lashes. This mascara delivers the modern lash with minimal effort and maximum wear. I love the original great lash, it took me a while to warm up to it and I have used so many mascaras from high end to drugstore. The reason that I am a great lash convert is because of the formula, it just works so well, it stays the same all day and i experience no smudging or flaking. My lashes also feel healthy because of less buildup from harder to remove products. If you want you can read my review on the original great lash here on mua. The formula here is the same, it's wet, buildable, stays put all day, and is easy to remove. I love the formula possibly too much, but what i love about this specific product is the brush (obviously, i'm not the first whos mentioned it). The brush just works so well at applying the mascara to the lashes and it makes them extremely long and gives excellent volume! I like this better than my beloved Revlon photoready 3D volume because the length actually stays after it dries (does any one else have this problem??). I have nothing but great things to say about this product, the brush has fixed many of the problems that we face with the traditional great lash. I hope this stays put on the shelves forever!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No