November 29, 2014 | 809 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by kate7hunt

I really like this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look dark and defined and pretty!! I feel like I do get my length it extends my eyelashes nicely. For such a cheap price, totally worth it!! I normally use Covergirl clump crusher as my HOLY GRAIL mascara because it i perfect, but I decided to try this one due to reviews and youtube beauty guru and was impressed.

The only bad thing is that it take a bit more work to do my mascara... first of all the mascara come onto your eyelashes really wet and thick so before putting it on I scrape a bit off in the tube, and once I have applied it I use a old, clean mascara brush to comb my eyelashes and take extra mascara off. Also another tip is that when applying it, look into the mirror from a high angle because the mascara get all over my brow bone, which is kind of annoying.

But I recommend trying it out! It would be one of my favourites but not my ultimate favourite! And comparing to my holy grail mascara ^^ which is $25 I am happy with the Jordana mascara, good product, good price. Worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- doesn't flake/smudge
- separates
- minimal clumping
- very dark
- holds curl

Cons

- no volume
- lashes feel very hard

Comments: I wish this worked for me, but all it did was make my lashes darker and give them separation. No volume and left my lashes incredibly stiff.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by sbarboza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So an interesting experiment for you guys. I was trolling the makeup boards for recs on good drugstore mascaras. I got two recommendations. One was Best Lash and the other was L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara. I got them both in black. I always like to have something to compare a new product with. I don't know, I find it helpful. Here's how it broke down.

Best lash and the L'oreal were both super inky black, which is perfect for me because I have a lot of brown going on - skin, hair, eyes. This is where the similarities end however.

Best lash is wet and takes a long time to dry. Where as the L'oreal goes on dry, in fact you have to work quickly to get the both coats (base and top) on before the product dries.

In terms of definition L'oreal has Best Lash beat hands down. The Best Lash can get a bit clumpy as you build. Where as the "beauty tubes" have a brush that literally acts as a lash comb!

In the length area Best Lash has L'oreal bested - falsie time ladies!

Volume is a tie - they both give full thick lashes - and my lashes are pretty sparse.

Flaking - The L'oreal stays in place, I would almost say it was waterproof if I didn't know better. Unfortunately Best lash did flake a tiny bit after a days wear.

Over all I love them both it's been a fun experiment because I win either way. And by the way I looked for DS mascaras after being so disappointed with Dior Show Iconic Over Curl - I just fed up with with the high ends and I'm glad I did!

** A note. If you decide to go with the beauty tubes. They are just that - tubes that wrap around your lashes. So when it comes time to clean your face and you see all of these little black "tubes" washing down your face - no you aren't losing eye lashes, it's just the tubes! They're both great. Enjoy!!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Fantastic mascara. I purchased this off of the beauty joint on line. Was about $10 with shipping. Does an amazing job with lengthening and thickening like the greatest I have ever achieved with a mascara. I have long lashes to begin with but this brings them to a whole new level! I get a ton of compliments when wearing it.
Only complaint is that formula is wet and thick so you got to be very careful with eye movements for a bit after applying. Or it will be going all over your face. Jordana in Canada is a dollar store brand however I've never seen this anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

Wow! This mascara separates, lengthens & gives volume to the lashes! It always has too much product coming out of the tube but I just put the excess product back in the tube and wah-la!!!! Beautiful lashes!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at Walgreens for $3.99. I'm a mascara junkie and i'm always trying new ones. This mascara to me is like a cheaper and drier version of L'Oreal Voluminous Original. It volumizes and lengthens, I wouldn't apply more than 2 coats or this could look clumpy. The brush reminds me of the Tarte lights camera lashes brush (very compact bristles) The packaging is simply black with purple writing. I will definitely repurchase !

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just like the person below me I was soooooo excited to try this mascara because of all the hype around it. So I ordered two tubes online and once I received it in the mail I jumped to try it. It definitely lengthened my eyelashes but let me tell you the hassle I went through to apply this mascara. The main downfall is that it gathers so much excess on the brush which needs to be wiped off unless you want clumped up eyelashes. This mascara is NOT WORTH IT because of all the wiping, wasted product and time spent applying it. I am still so disappointed and really hoped it was as good as everyone was saying. I will stick to my loyal Voluminous Million lashes by L'Oreal.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Reminiscex33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed with this mascara! I saw so many good reviews on it here on Makeupalley and Youtube and was so excited to try it. Once I found out that Jordana products were sold in Walgreens, I immediately ran over to grab a tube of this mascara. FIrst of all, I will say that it does a great job of volumizing and lengthening your lashes. However, even before I was done applying the first coat, my lashes were already being weighed down. This is my number 1 criterion for mascaras. It has to hold a curl! I had read so many reviews on here saying that it does an amazingly good job at keeping their lashes curled but unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. It's a shame because I love love love the way it makes my lashes look in terms of length and volume.
I have uploaded a picture of my everyday lashes with Maybelline Colossal on my left eye and the Jordana Best Lash Extreme on my right eye. Both eyes were curled before hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely hated this mascara when I first purchased it, it was such a wet formula that it literally splashed as I ran the wand thru my lashes! The wand is on the small side and I felt like I needed to wipe some of the product off before I used it. My lashes were also stuck together and I couldn't understand why ANYONE would say anything positive about it.Truly felt the inexpensive price was because of a cheap product. But, since I have a philosophy of using up what I buy, I continued using this along with other mascaras just to get rid of it. After it dried up a bit I had to change my opinion. Now I believe it performs well for the price. No more splashing, doesn't flake or transfer (even on my bottom lashes which is where I always have a transfer issue) and is a very dark inky black. My lashes are still a bit stuck together, a little more than I typically like, still wipe some of the product off of the wand, but I don't hate it like I did at first. Altogether not bad, not my favorite but for the price it's worth buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Star28

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly do not understand all the glowing reviews for this mascara. On the plus side, it is highly pigmented, and super inexpensive. Those are the only 2 positive things I can say about it. It's a very wet mascara, and this combined with the cheap (cheap!) tube, made my lashes a stuck-together mess. Until a week or so later, when the mascara started to dry out. No longer had stuck-together lashes, but now getting lots of clumps. Also very difficult to remove for a non-waterproof mascara. Really have to work at it and still can't get it all off (in the mornings I'm waking up to little black flecks of mascara around my eyes.

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used.