April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ADIOS_AHOLES

I was doing my "I need a newer and better fdtn" search again when I read the reviews on this product. I wish I did not buy this! The coverage is definitely medium/full coverage. The color matched my skin tone perfectly...but it just felt dirty. I don't know how else to explain it except my face felt gross every time I wore it. However I continued to wear it a full two weeks because my face didn't turn red or get itchy/irritated...at first. Then, the cystic acne around my chin/mouth came. And after this it was all over. Tiny pimples on my forehead, sides of my nose, on my temples. It was horrible. I'm guessing it will take my chin area another two weeks to recover. If you have sensitive skin, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. If you have oily skin, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. Your skin will continue to be oily and your face will hate you for it.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by s_schulz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing wear and coverage, I advise using a brush to apply for a airbrushed finish (I use a eco tools buffer type brush). This replaces my former HG Revlon colorstay natural in buff. Pricey but I when Tarte has a sale on their website I stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a good size sample of this from sephora in medium.I love the texture both going on& after.feels velvety. Easy to apply.love squeeze bottle (easier to travel&for those of us with little counter space& or a husband who dosent like all that on the counter as he always knocks stuff over.lol)the color is very spot on mabey has a slight pink tone, I perfer it to have a more yellow tone but it isnt bad at all, I find drugstore foundations to be a lot more pinky or orange on my light-med olive skin color. I can live with this.I didnt find it to last 12 hours mabey 6/7hours(but i didnt apply primer as i was on a trip&my primer was in the trunk already).the coverage is very nice& you get a almost flawless face without looking fake.didnt feel too heavy but I could feel it, felt like my skin does after wearing a clay treatment mask.smelled good ¬ makeupy.didnt make my dry spots look worse (corners of my nose is really dry lately) I found it to give a glowy, luminous?but not dewy look to my skin.I am not very oily, I tend to glow a bit but thats it.I have large pores on my nose,cheeks&forehead and this made them disapper& didnt do what nars sheer glow did wich was sink into my pores&made it look like I had little yellow spots all over.it did hold up fine in brezzy 80/90 degree weather. Overall I really really like this foundation&this will probly be in my rotation for a good while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I really wanted to love this product but so far can only give 4 stars...
I am currently trying to switch to all paraben free skin scare (the more natural, the better), so I figured since a foundation is something that is going to be on my skin for a long time I need to get something that is as natural as possible.
What I do love about this foundation is that it stays true to colors. I am about NC 20 but self-tan during the summer months, so I purchased this in Light keeping in mind that I also use bronzers and it actually looks very nice and fresh. If any of you ever tried the mineral tinted moisturizer/foundation from Aveda this foundation reminds me of it very much. It's quite thick, but spreads out quite easily without even a primer and the colors do not turn orange or beige (at least that did not happen to me and I have an oily T-zone).

Now what I do not like about this foundation is that even though it claims to be a balancing foundation it did not do any of it on my face. After changing my skin care routine my skin feels like a true combo skin type (it used to be super oily). The lactic acid that I use in cleansers truly helps the oils on my face, but I still do get an oily T-zone and some minor dry spots on the cheeks. This foundation, as soon as it settled, made my T-zone quite dewy that later on turned to oiliness and it made my dry areas look drier and more visible.

I just feel like if I pay $38 for a foundation I really don't think I need to make it WORK for me, I expect the product do all of the work without trying too hard, if that makes sence.
I don't know, maybe it is just me and I am going to apply this foundation again over a mattifying moisturizer by Caudalie soon and see if it makes a difference and will update.

*Update*
This foundation just did not want to work for me in the end, what a shame..
For the same price I actually went and bought Estee Laudern's Light Double Wear foundation and got a 7 piece free gift since they were running a promotion. I know, so much for natural makeup! haha

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Sammyjo2512

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product right after Christmas and I have used it almost everyday. I have had a lot of trouble with foundations in the past. I really like that it is cruelty free (I have only been buying cruelty free products). It has a good coverage too. When I'm feeling lazy or I'm sick this provides enough coverage for me. It last a long time too. It lasted all through school and even lasted through concerts. It didn't sweat off! I really like this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by blondeharpy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Absolutely love this foundation.

I have oily skin that is very acne prone and this is the only foundation I will use . It has helped the condition of my skin so much, I could go on for hours. I have gone from an acne-scarred pizza face to being able to go sans foundation and feel comfortable in my bare skin since I started using this product. It has a whipped texture that feels great when you put it on. It has great coverage and I often double it as a concealer for a more natural look.

As soon as I tried another foundation after my makeup bag got stolen, BAM, I broke out once again. I went around trying varying foundations, but as soon as I came back to this one, my skin has cleared up and stayed clear. I'm afraid to play around with other foundations because I don't want to have to deal with a mountain range across my face again!

The only downside is that you have to know how to use this product. If you don't, it can slip throughout the day or make your pores look larger. Blend in a little at a time and build your coverage and try to use the least amount possible. If you put too much on, the color may not match! The $30 brush that is recommended to use with it actually made a huge difference to me versus other brushes. It blends nicely, leaving a more natural looking finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Anikaxoxo

So I bought this because i've been hunting for the perfect matte full coverage foundation. I have really sensitive acne prone skin which used to be oily but is now kinda combo! But it tends to get oily around my t-zone. SO I got this foundation in I believe tan deep from Sephora. I apply it with a stippling brush than put the makeup forever powder on top of it.

LOVE: The coverage, if applied right, you look FLAWLESS.
How it makes me look kinda tanner.
It feels so smooth when applying.
Doesn't feel cake-y.

DONT LOVE: How there are only a few color options available.
I couldn't find my shade but wear one two shades darker than my tone.
IT CAN look cake-y if a lot is applied.
38 dollars which may be a problem.
Makes me break out if I wear consistently.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Deesteezy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really exited to try this out since I heard so many good things about it. I went to Sephora and bought both the foundation and concealer. I have oily, acne prone skin and am currently experiencing some redness on my cheeks, so I look for coverage and staying power in a foundation. I usually end up looking super shiny by the end of the day. Unfortunately, Tarte's foundation had me looking super shiny by lunch time. I tried again the next day but same result :( so I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so recently i have tried 4 different foundations...didnt like any of them. i was getting so frustrated. i was searching the net looking for another one to try and this came up. i had never heard of it before but so many people had good things to say about it. so i scurried down to Ulta with little hope that i would be able to find my shade. i grabbed the shade deep and tried some on..and low and behold it matched! it is a mousse/creamy type texture. it feels very light on the skin. i wore it for the first time today...and i feel like the reviewer before me...OMG!!! i was so pleasantly surprised...TARTE where have you been all of my life??!! i kept checking my makeup as i always do the first time i wear a foundation..and everytime i looked in the mirror i was amazed at how nice and matte my skin looked. finally a keeper!

UPDATE:
it's been a month and i still like this foundation... but theres some good and bad to it. i'll start with the good..it has actually made my skin look better WITHOUT makeup. theres stuff in this foundation that is really good for the skin..so you are not just covering your flaws but you are treating and improving your skin at the same time. also, on most days i wear it for 13 hours and i only have to blot once after about 7 hours. it stays looking freshly applied for hours. i havent gotten any significant breakouts while using this foundation. now on to the negatives:
1) this foundation dries me out around the eyes and does NOT cover my dark undereye circles. so i had to purchase a concealer to use for that which is very unusual for me. normally i just put some extra foundation under my eyes and im good to go.
2)NOT full coverage...i'd say its medium coverage. i have to build it up in order to get the coverage that i need.
3) i use it daily..so my first tube is almost gone already. will be expensive to keep repurchasing.
UPDATE: 8/24/13
i got a little fed up with the negatives and strayed to a few different foundations..and everytime i have ended up coming back to my tarte. this is one of the few foundations that doesnt break me out. i dont run out of makeup as fast anymore since i started applying it with the elf powder brush..i get more coverage with less product. however, i still have that darn problem with this makeup causing extreme dryness around my eyes and giving me that raccoon look. what has helped is using a hydrating undereye concealer. it took me a while to work out the "kinks" with this foundation but im glad i didnt give up on it. i love it now and will continue using it!

FYI: they used to have a small selection of only 8 shades..but now they have expanded their shade selections and have added quite a few more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sg424

O m g! This foundation is the BOMB DOT COM! I am so oily and acne prone with acne scarring. Good LAWD have mercy this is the LEAST expected life saver ever. I went to sephora JCpenney (it just opened in my county) and the managers showed it to me and I am a makeup fanatic and somehow I overlooked this. I was always hunting for a full coverage skin perfecting makeup. Usually ending up with MAC and makeup forever (which both either showed my pores or scars to much or after a while became a oily mess despite all the primer use). So I bought a bottle HD foundation AGAIN from MUFE and bought the wrong color and went back to exchange it and the people were like OMG TARTE has a full coverage. I was spectacle because its TARTE and I thought its probably for perfect skin people. BUT WAS I WRONG. IT WAS SUPER FULL COVERAGE WITH OUT EVEN FEELING LIKE IT MY GOD. IT stayed on my skin for HOURS and then I retouched the smooth operator translucent powder and BAM again it was perfect. I am so satisfied with this. I literally registered with MAKEUP ALLEY for this reason. Just to tell all of you that this make up is amazing. Yes I was lucky to find anything in my color because color range is small but it is a blessing. With the benefit porefessional primer under this...I am in makeup heaven...I got compliments. I have never felt so beautiful after wearing makeup before this. I use MAC 197 foundation brush for the perfect full coverage. I also use the tartes MATTE bronzer over everything. I tell you. All this: Benefits Porefessional, Tarte 12 hour foundation, Tarte Smooth operator setting powder, and Tarte matte bronzer in Park Ave Princess....IS PERFECT!! TRY THIS!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No