October 1, 2014 | 2029 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by jacbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought this yet but probably will in the near future. The texture is like a mousse and feels amazing. It covers nicely and well, and can be buildable and not cakey. I didn't feel like some of my zits were totally covered but I don't really wear concealer so maybe it is that issue. It is extremely pricey at almost $40 but I believe it will last a long time. I noticed the best way to apply is with a sponge. If I feel my Revlon colorstay isn't doing it for me once I run out of my Tarte sample, I'm going to go ahead and buy the Tarte one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample of this at sephora, used it for a good week, very full coverage foundation, and if your like me and you have acne and oily skin then its perfect, i got alot of complements on how flawless my skin looked when i wore this foundation. Nothing bad to say except the reason i would not repurchase it would be because its a little too pricy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I could say I love this foundation. But I don't. I ended up returning it. I got it in Tan for my NC40 skin. It leaned on the orange side. I didn't like that but still gave it a far try. I liked that I didn't get oily as fast as I usually do but it feels a bit heavy. Worst thing of all is that it made me break out :( . I suppose it was the silicones that were the culprit, that or the amazonian clay. I'm not sure. I did give it a fair 3 weeks to see. It gave me gross white heads that I usuallly get when I work out to the max.
The finish was nice. It's a satin finish and a bit dewy for me because I have oily skin.
Alas, I will not repurchase.
Oh and one last note: The brush is awesome! But you can get a cheaper one from Everyday Minerals or Ecotools. They work just the same but for less than half the price. ;D

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Alissaher

Skin type: oily to combination with acne proned. I would never purchase this item! It claims to be full coverage but it is not full coverage! It is a light coverage and gives me such a sheen that makes my face looks oily like an hour later even though I used a primer before I applied the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by vidadeashley

I love this foundation. It feels light and silky on the skin but provides amazing coverage for my combination skin and lasts all day. A little bit goes a long way, so the price is worth it. I've had one tube for about eight months now and I have a few uses left. Will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ping44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I expected great things after reading some reviews on the Sephora website. Luckily, I was able to get my hands on a sample size of this before I spent the $36 for the full size. It's not a horrible product, just nothing special. Especially for the price--and the brush they say to use is separate for another $32! And NO way is this full coverage. Maybe if you just keep piling it on in which case you will need to buy a new one every month! I don't feel that it lasted all day either. So fail on both those claims. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by covergirl3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best foundation I've ever used. reading the reviews here, it seems to be a better fit more older ladies than younger ones. it's a buildable coverage, which I like. i am a classic ivory or a light in every other foundation I've ever used but had to buy the fair in this. I've heard that this foundation has yellow undertones so i had a SA at Sephora match my skintone & i'm yellow....so that's good. this makeup controls oil and does last all day without fading or separating. my skin looks SO good with this on...it's quite amazing, really. i also DO NOT have to use a primer to get these results. i just dot on more or less where i want coverage and use the brush to swirl on. i bought mine from QVC because you get the brush + makeup for $38. i could only give 4 lippies on pricing because IMO, $38 is a lot for a single makeup. i would buy again at the price because it IS worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hated it. Looked unnatural and cakey. Horrible coverage for acne and roseacea. The colors are really wierd, none of them matched me. Doesn't blend well at all. Just don't buy it. Please don't. The concept was nice, but it doesnt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeakc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this from QVC as part of a package with the application brush and foundation. I really like this product. It gives full coverage, is easy to apply and doesn't dry out my skin. They say it's 12 hour coverage and it really does last that long, or longer, so make sure to wash it off before bed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Been using this founation for a few weeks now and I love it. I like the fact that it's medium to full coverage depending on how much product you use. The consistancey is thick but still easy to blend. The packaging is nice also, I like that it's in a tube and you sqeeze the prodict out. I squeeze onto my finger and dap all over my face. Coverage is medium to full and lasts all day even in hot humid weather. No breakouts as well:) For reference I got the color Tan-Deep Sand with yellow undertones. I'm a NC42 in MAC.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No