April 18, 2014 | 1013 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express The Falsies Flared

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was very very excited when I saw this hit the market. I am a huge fan of the original "The Falsies" - a HUGE fan, HUGE - half the time when applying it I feel compelled to paint my face the colors of the tube and find friends to tailgate with.

I don't really understand why I was so let down!!! I mean, technically it's "The Falsies" right? Technically it's really just allegedly the shape of the wand that is different? But no... it seems to me the formula is different too. (And smells like.... chocolate??? WTF is that?!?!?)

Thumbs down - it makes your eyelashes look thinner and too 'wet'. It doesn't not give you that false-eyelash thickness of the original Falsies.

Stick with the original. (And if you have not tried the original, do NOT judge it by the flared!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't believe this mascara doesn't have higher reviews! I get complimented on my eyelashes all the time since I started using Falsies Flared. It does exactly what the name implies. My eyelashes literally curl right up and flare out. The only thing I caution is to not use more than two coats. It tends to get spidery with over-application. Def my HG mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

The falsies flared builds volume very quickly. It does seem to lengthen very slightly, but for me, there's much more emphasis on volume. With continuous strokes of the brush, the volume builds very quickly. You really only need a few sweeps and you'll be done - otherwise you'll risk your lashes clumping together. It is definitely a clumpy mascara.
My lashes did dry pretty quickly and it's very difficult to comb through your lashes with a lash comb, unless the mascara is still wet. But I did like the end result. I really did get a decent amount of volume with slight curl and it looked very pretty.
Lastly, this mascara ended up flaking on me if I have used a lash comb and without. The small flakes that fell under my eyes without notice then smudged. I did not notice until I wash washing my hands in the mall bathroom and looked in the mirror I was like wtf since my mu was applied before leaving to go to the mall. So for me this starting flaking rather quickly. I tried it a few more times and the same thing happend so I gave up due to flaking and making this darker under my eyes. I also had slight ichy eyes the few times I tried this I think from the flaking irritating my eyes and contacts,I'm guessing.
I overall loved the way this mascara made my lashes look but I will not re-purchase due to all the flaking issues. I just can't try it again and do that to myself, I won't.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by chinkyeyez

I love this mascara! It is now my go-to everyday mascara. Of course it isn't going to give you the look of false lashes (commercials always lie) but it is very dramatic. It lengthens and thickens very well. I really love the curve of the brush too. I will be repurchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

I wa exited when I bought this but then when I curled my eyelashes I put this in and the next thing I know my eyelashes are all straight this also clumps up allot and flakes off...from now on I'm sticking to my Clinique curling mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually had wanted to try this for a while, and at first bought the falsies black drama volume kind. I was really excited to try the falsies flared and it really works! I've been asked while wearing them if my lashes were fake! However, a whole bunch of product comes out on the applicator, therefore clumps. This mascara works just fine for me, because I have normal length thick lashes, but I would like looong ones, so this gives a slight boost when it comes to keeping the curl.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Hypnose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this cause I really liked original falsies, unfortunately I dont have much of a review since after the 3rd use it dried out ridiculously and was useless

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by rebeccapang

Looking for mascara that makes you look like you have false eyelashes? DEFINATELY NOT THIS ONE!
I dislike this so much for the following reasons:
the bristles are so soft that mascara won't even get enough on your lashes and the bristles bend and stay bent :(
I ran out after a week or two or maybe just because products won't come out.
i first tried the falsies volume it was much better but falsies flared is terrible terrible terrible.
I guess I couldn't expect much from very cheap mascara :(

the only reason I rated this somewhat good was because this is so nice when it goes under rimmel London lash accelerator, it's so nice with rimmel mascara over it but it is absolutely terrible by it self. don't even bother puttin it on cos it won't show up anyways

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by langway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ooooooh gurl @ this mascara. One coat made my eyelashes look spidery, tons of fallout after 2 hours of wearing, the smell is nauseating, it's really clumpy, and doesn't make my eyelashes look pretty at all, just crappy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by courtenayg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Fall out city! I wore this mascara out to dinner and by the time I got home, I had little black flecks all over my face. I didn't notice a difference with curl, nor did I feel like I got more volume than my regular mascara. Not impressed at all. I think I'll go back to my standby, The Colossal Volume Express.