Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 7/20/2012 8:43:00 PM

who in god's name thought that the applicator that comes with this mascara was a good idea? it literally looks like it's about to snap into two pieces!! it's too bendy and therefore does not allow for any control, and even though it doesn't clump too excessively on the lashes (after the first application), the brush is terrifying to look at. ugh. I tried several times to figure out a good way to apply this mascara but no dice. it is awful, and am livid that I spent money on it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this but that's about it. It is fine whilst I am looking for something better!

The packaging is sturdy and the handle is a good size.
The brush is a good shape and catches most lashes.

It can clump quite easily and I don't think the 'flared' effect is very noticeable. I always curl my lashes before applying mascara as they are very straight but the curl doesn't hold for very long and I am left with black, straight lashes again.

on 7/13/2012 10:18:00 AM

well first the brush is nice. its kinda different from the original falsies, its wider towards the handle but its easy to maneuver around the eyes.
It does give volume quite decently and it lengthens as well.
But the thing about maybelline volumizing mascaras are they kinda leave little balls? at the tip of your lashes.
So those could like flake throughout the day. I have noticed that sometimes on days when i put too much i have flakes of mascara on my cheek.
but i does do a decent job of giving volume and not too bad with length either.
It doesn't quite hold curl though which is very important for me.
But overall its just okay. and maybe ill give it another try later.

on 7/4/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I tried the Falsies original at a friends house, and immediatley went out to buy me some for myself. I decided to get the Falsies Flared to change things up, and was pleased for the most part. I have super short lashes, and the original made them look loads longer. The Flared doesnt do as much in the length department, but does loads for volume. Still like the original better though.

on 6/13/2012 11:52:00 PM

I really love this mascara! I love the way my eyelashes turn out with this mascara..it delivers volume, length, and separation. I also really like how it gives me that shiny patent leather look...unlike the Covergirl Lashblast which makes my lashes look dry and brittle. This mascara doesn't clump at all! It even smells like roses, sort of. I'll admit at first I wasn't too fond of the smell but then I just got used to it. :) This is my HG!!!!! I just purchased the new mega plush lash and I'm super duper excited because Maybelline makes the best mascaras ever! Whoooo :D

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara. I use to hate it due to the fact that it would flake SO BAD, but i think they changed the formula. I already long eyelashes, but they're not full. They're decent, but not full. This makes it look like i have fluffy eyelashes, like i have 50000 billion eyelashes. The only think is, it doesn't seem to have a lot of product. I ran out of this stuff within a month.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have liked the Falsies products in general already, so I thought I would switch things up and try the flared. I was equally as pleased. I already have long thick eyelashes, but this definitely made them stand out. I don't really like wearing eyeliner unless I am going to a special occasion, but this product makes your eyes pop enough that I don't feel the need to add eyeliner anyway.
I usually apply a single coat to both top lashes, and then I go back and add another coat. Sometimes it does take some coaxing to get rid of minor clumps. I recommend only adding one coat on the bottom lashes or you will end up with spidery eyelashes, which I am not a fan of.
Overall, good product. I will most likely purchase this again!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this product because the falsies original formula is my go-to everyday mascara. I figured this one would be similar, if not better, but it left me feeling underwhelmed. If you have thin lashes then this isn't the mascara for you, I found it gives lashes a nice curl but does nothing to add thickness. I think it is quite average as far as mascaras go, it wears well and I use it in conjunction with the original falsies.

on 6/6/2012 10:47:00 AM

Dramatic lashes, doesn't separate lashes well and can clump if not applied with care.

Didn't really see how it "flared" but none the less, it's a good night out mascara.

on 6/2/2012 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you have sparse eyelashes, this does not work. at all!! The brush bristles are so soft/flimsy and the formula is so wet that it gives you spider lashes and clumps them all together so it looks like you have 3 lashes on one eye. I'm fine with the clumpy look as long as it looks like i have a lot of eyelashes, but not when it looks like i have 3 thick eyelashes. So many people love the falsies mascara and I have tried this and the regular one, but they just do not work for my sparse lashes :(