December 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this alongside the original Falsies formula. Both gave me decent lashes with one coat, but since my lashes are somewhat long and full to begin with, I wasn't amazed. Two coats can lead to a bit of clumping and stiffness. This formula is more volumizing than the original, so I will say that it at least looks a bit softer with multiple coats, even if it doesn't feel softer. I'm also not a fan of the scent--it's slightly perfumed, like roses or something floral. It's really not necessary in something I'm putting on my eyelashes. This isn't a bad product, but there are mascaras I prefer, so I probably won't come back to this one. It is, however, worth a shot, and I don't regret the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Kaylapaxton

Finally a product by maybelline that I like! This mascara is great. It has a nice curved wand so it reaches a lot more lashes in one swipe. The Falsies Mascara leaves lashes very big in volume, and length. (although much more volume and length). a lot of product is applied to the lashes, making them look full without resembling spider legs.
i use this mascara when I want more of a statement look with my eyes and lashes without wanting to apply real false lashes.
Super good mascara for the price. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by brownsauce07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sensational product - you don't need to wear eyeliner with this one. Fantastic volume and longevity of product. Dramatic, alluring and sexy lashes in a flash. A must buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm. I don't know much about mascaras, so this review will be brief and pretty useless. I got this because of all the raves about The Falsies, and the reviews for Falsies Flared were on the whole good too ... in terms of formula: I have medium-long, slightly curved, but sparse lashes, and these do not make them look 'full' by any means. It DOES make them look quite dramatic, in that it has a noticeable lengthening effect, a bit of volume, and lots of darkness. Overdoing the layers definitely makes them a bit clumpy and stringy, BUT this formula is more resistant to that than many others on the market. However, the fibers in this formula definitely stick to your lashes, making them look flaky and ..chunky..weird. Not smooth. I found it better layered over Revlon Photoready 3D [which I am not impressed with on its own] for its lengthening effect.

My number one complaint and reason for writing this review, however, is the SMELL. It's awful! Okay, I am not at all sensitive to smells, and normally don't mind whatever my cosmetics smell like. But this stuff is going SUSPICIOUSLY CLOSE TO MY EYES. It's been a while since I've applied it, and I can still smell the heavy rose-smell . From my eyelashes! That's ghastly. Don't get me wrong, I love rose smell - the fresh kind that you put in perfumes. But thisss..ohhh this .... artificial plastic floral monstrosity. Argh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

I saw this and I thought it was going to be as great as the waterproff formula I love so much. It is not. I don't know if I got a bad one but it smells horrible, like melted plastic. It's so heavy it makes my lashes straight facing down. It's impossible to remove, you can get it out of your lashes, but you'll have black residue all over!
I don't like it, I'm not buying it again, in fact, I already threw the one I had.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by bigtimerush

okay just bought this here are pros and cons:
Its washable and GREAT!
Pros:
-it feels comfortable
-minimum clumping
-holds a curl
-makes lashes feel somewhat longer
-great price
-cute bottle
-Washes off easily, not breaking lashes just with water!

Cons:
-FLAKES!
-very dry
-smells funny
-very little formula
-leaves a darkish residue after removing it

Overall it was good! But I personally recomend trying Falsies original FIRST if you are new to the falsies line:) because the falsies orignal has no chocolate smell and the stick is basic...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What a nice surprise!
I accidentally grabbed the non waterproof version of this (I normally buy only waterproof as I have oily monolids). Being much too lazy to exchange it I gave it a chance and did not have high expectations in the beginning (bias...anyway). The brush is good in that it distributes without clumping and gets every lash. It did not seem to be so much lengthening as thickening, like others have said, so I layer Black Drama over it. No smudging, super long, thick lashes that don't budge through the whole day and stay curled. I do use cluster clashes on a daily basis, and with these two combined they blend in for an extra oomph - so in all fairness, they hold their own against falsies.
I've used Black Drama (WP) and liked it very much, while intensely disliking the other formula for it's flaking and smudging. The other tubes I've gotten of BD required a week or so of "drying out" until they didn't budge and applied perfectly. But when layered over Falsies Flared it goes on great every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This isn't *the* perfect, ultimate HG mascara, but it's pretty darn close.
I have short, thick, straight eyelashes (I'm Asian). I'm not one of those mascara-obsessed people, but recently I've been on the hunt for a black waterproof drugstore mascara that can hold a curl and give my lashes lots of length and definition as well as a little volume without clumping. And, ladies and gents, I think I just found it.
I actually didn't have high expectations for this mascara. I thought the original Falsies was pretty good, so I didn't think this one could top it, since originals always seem to be better than versions of originals. But actually, Falsies Flared beats Falsies by far!
After 5 coats (due to the nature of my eyelashes, I need a lot of coats in order for any mascara to be effective), my lashes were wowzers! The first two coats gave me gorgeous, incredibly long, natural-looking eyelashes that looked like I wasn't wearing any mascara at all. I could've stopped there, but I didn't. The next two coats gave me that oomph and volume. It didn't give me showstopping volume, but sufficient volume as my lashes are naturally thick. The final coat gave definition and got rid of any minor clumps.
Then I curled my eyelashes, and I got such gorgeous eyelashes that were long and just so pretty overall!
Then I added one coat of the original Falsies, and WHA-POW!!!!!!!! Dayummm, who knew what a difference one coat of another mascara could make? One coat of that stuff and it gave me all the volume that Falsies Flared was missing out on without any additional clumps. Granted, I originally wasn't looking for any major volume (only a little), but now that I have it, why not keep it? I was gonna throw out the Falsies, but I'm def keeping it now! (:<
Dare I say that Falsies Flared is my HG? Maybe, just maybe.
But seriously, for just $7, you can't go wrong. This mascara is better than any of those high-end mascaras that are supposedly "better".
Would I repurchase? FO SHO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This gave my lashes volume and flare despite a few clumps that I worked out. I'm sure the impact would have been even more profound if I'd taken the time to curl my lashes. I wouldn't purchase this again simply because there are so many more mascaras I'd like to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

This is my new everyday mascara FOREVER!

Went from L'Oreal Lash Out to Bobbi Brown Party Mascara to Maybelline Volume Express, until I found this one, that is!

My cousin had this on during the holidays & I literally thought she was wearing strip lashes b/c her lashes looked so amazing.

Tried it for myself & while you always have to let a mascara "thicken" for about a week when you first start using it before it really does the trick, this mascara does wonders for my eyes.

I take the wand out once, go back & forth between each side 3 times while they're still wet, then dip it in once again & give a final layer to each side & my lashes look amazing.

I wear black liquid liner, but work at a conservative job, so while I like that retro look, strip lashes for day would be way too much for me. This mascara gives me the best of both worlds - retro glam for every day...