Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Overall this product was just OK. I have sensitive skin that gets oily in the summer and dry in the winter. I found that this cleanser was nice and smooth and came with an easy to use pump. I have to spend about 30-60 seconds gently cleansing my face with this product in order for it to remove all of my makeup. It helps even out my skin tone, but I haven't noticed any difference in helping with acne break-outs. I have to be careful not to get any of the product on my lips, otherwise they get really irritated. I am probably not going to be buying this product again, because there are other cleansers that work better and are less expensive.

on 5/9/2010 3:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do not recommend this cleanser to anyone who is looking to get rid of their acne. All I can say is that it made my skin feel soft afterwards but I did not see any improvements with my skin. I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/5/2010 1:13:00 AM

I bought this last summer and felt it improved my acne but later it finished and I started buying other stuff. I got this again recently and used it but it dulls my skin color(even the first bottle dulled my skin)

on 5/2/2010 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As far as I can recall, this product was more fun to use than it was effective. I've moved onto better things, but if you already have decent skin, this isn't drying, it's not expensive, and the foam is so convenient. It may be your next big thing.

on 5/2/2010 2:55:00 AM

I used this product for a while. At first, it was pretty good and didn't harm my skin or anything. But after a while, my skin became super itchy. I'd suddenly get itchy on my forehead, nose, etc. I switched to Purpose cleanser today and it feels much better. :)
But everyone's skin is different. This is just how my skin reacted to this product. Good luck! <3
And another bad thing about this product is, you have to press the pump more than once!

on 4/20/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I recently started using this product after I fell in love with the cleansing bar version of this Aveeno complexion line. I definitely like how it removes the makeup from my pores, does not over dry my face and helps keep acne controlled. I am oily and this does not over dry like other cleansers meant for oily faces do. I will definitely buy this cleanser again and recommend it even to people who are not acne prone as it is very gentle.

on 4/19/2010 8:08:00 PM

What I liked about this cleanser was that it made my face really soft after rinsing. I always wanted to touch my face, but then after a couple of days of using this, I felt Iike I was allergic to it. My face broke out and I had a lot of white heads on my face. I also don't like the smell that much because it was too strong for me.

on 4/19/2010 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I SWEAR BY THIS STUFF! I actually don't have problems with my skin, no acne or grease or anything.. but this stuff holds my face down! I've been using this for about 4 years now and haven't changed! (Except for the occasional different brands when this isn't available because I'm not at home.) It's sooo smooth when lathering on my face and following up with the moisturizer is even better. I suggest this to EVERYONE. This is my main holy grail! I'm not sure how it would work for someone with acne-prone skin or greasy skin but I suggest trying it at least! Who knows what will happen.. this works wonders for me.

on 4/9/2010 6:39:00 PM

This tends to dry out my combination skin right after I use it, so I don't use it anymore. I'd follow up immediately with the matching moisturizer, but before I did my skin felt very tight and dry so I switched to something that didn't seem to strip every drop of oil from my face.
Also, the packing is unreliable. Every time I would buy this, the pump would stop working after a few weeks. Very inconvenient!

on 4/9/2010 3:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I can't say enough about how much I love Aveeno. After getting zero results with Cetaphil, I decided to give this a try because I loved it's matching moisturizer. I was nervous about this drying out my dry skin because of the salicylic acid. The first night I used this, my skin improved immediately. I was having a hard time with the large pores on the cheek area around my nose. They became almost invisible after only a few uses of this cleanser. It's not at all drying and it's gentle on my sensitive skin. The pump is also great. I'm really vain about my skin and I can honestly say, it's never looked this good! Will definitely repurchase!