November 27, 2014 | 1578 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Deemarie123

I really do not recommend this product for anyone looking to achieve a full coverage look. In the morning, it looks amazing when you walk out of the door, a couple of hours later, you might as well not have any makeup on. It slides off quickly and creates more oiliness to your face. The packaging is nice though and the liquid comes out easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Narmeenbayy

Love the coverage and color selection. But this really made me breakout! I never thought it was this foundation but once i stopped using this my skin cleared up. If this didnt break me out this would probably be my fav drugstore foundation but since it did im sad to say i cant use this anymore! If youre skin isnt acne prone or sensitive definitely give this a try the color selection is amazing and the coverage and finish is very nice too!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Soon2BMrsWeaver

Absolutely a no-go if you have even the slightest bit of combination skin type. It becomes very, very oily looking very quickly; powder couldn't help this from sliding down your face. It's a good deal price wise but.. I do not recommend it unless you have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by amberoertel

First of all I love this product it is perfect for my every day makeup routine I love how it is SO light and lets my skin breathe. However, I agree that the packaging is very horrible. I often pour out way to much which if rubbed in with my fingers would leave my skin very dewy. I have found it is best to blend this product in with a flat topped brush. I also found that the color was a little to dark for my skin. Most of Maybelline's products are always a little to dark for my skin.Which of course makes me wish that I had bought the lighter shade, however I didn't want to buy the lightest shade and regret it later. But when I use my regular powder, and conceler it is the perfect match. I don't like how my skin often looks really dewy after I use this product, and I prefer a more matte look. However that could be because of the method of getting this product out. But, for less than 6 bucks it's definatley worth the price. I would definatley recommend this product but it's ot my favorite I just needed something to stretch my other favorite foundation which is about 10 dollars for awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by xKandixRaverx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm quite pale (sickly pale, to be exact) and when I saw the shade 110 at my local drugstore, I thought it would work. However when I got home to try it on, I was so wrong. First, the bottle. The product pours out and you often end up with more than you needed in the first place. Also, it's very unsanitary. A pump would be much better to resolve both of those problems. It broke me out along my forehead and chin, so I just gave it to a friend. I suppose this will work if you have drier skin with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by featherbriefcase

I love this foundation. I have acne prone/oily skin. However, I have been on accutane for 5 months at half the full dose, so I have either two or four months to go, depending on whether my dose is double or if it is kept at the same level.

Before I started using accutane I was using EL DW in 4N1. It was the only thing that would hold up with my oily skin and not break down before the day was over. It was the only thing that would cover up bumps and provide good coverage. But even though its labeled as being non-comedogenic, I think that long-wearing foundation tend to clog my pores, even if I used a makeup remover and took care of my skin. I might try it again, but 4N1 is too dark for me right now. I have tried many brands, and a bit of a makeup snob, so drug store brands are not something I normally wear.

So when my skin started to clear, and lightened at the same time, I reached for the bottle of Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation in 310 Sun Beige. It has beige/yellow/golden undertones and is slightly lighter than EL DW 4N1, which matched my skin perfectly. I liked the way it looked natural in any light and did not cake up. I also have the concealer in medium. Both are great products.

Fit me Liquid Foundation provides light to medium coverage, definitely not like EL DW, but enough to even out my redness and give my skin an even tone. I use the concealer on red spots and it blends beautifully. I also use it under my eyes. A little goes a long way and I try to use as little as possible. I use a foundation brush to apply the foundation, then I dab a tiny bit of the concealer on the back of my hand and use the foundation brush on spots that need extra coverage. I make sure that I stipple it into my skin after I blend it with downward strokes and it all blends seamlessly. Finally, I set it with Almay Loose powder. I sprinkle a little of the light and the medium light shades into one of the lids of the powder and gently press the powder into my skin with a foundation brush. I think give it a spritz with MAC Fix Plus or Urban Decay All Night Setting Spray. It looks flawless and you cannot tell I am wearing makeup, even up close in harsh lighting. Such good products for such a low price. I heard its a cheap version of YSL Touch Eclat Foundation or Tom Ford Virtual Skin. I don't know because I haven't tried it. Let me know if there are any high-end foundations that this foundation is similar to; I would like to try the high end version.

I tried using this before accutane and it didn't provide enough coverage. Also, my skin was very oily and the foundation literally melted off my face. That is why I didn't use. But now that my skin is completely dry and not in the least bit oily, I love the way this foundation looks and feels on my skin. I would not recommend this for someone for oily skin. I think if you have slightly oily, or combination skin, dry or normal, you will like this foundation. Just remember to prep the skin or it will look flakily - like all foundations.

I don't give it full marks for packaging because a pump would make it more sanitary and help you to control the amount that you dispense. Even if I am careful to pour it on the back of my hand and not let product go back into the bottle, I am paranoid about germs and contamination. Put a pump on it Maybelline! I also don't like to touch my face with wand applicators because it seems like you just contaminate the whole thing, so I prefer to dab a little on a clean part of the back of my hand and apply it with a foundation brush from there. I like the foundation bottle and the use of black, for both the bottle and the concealer.

I also have the powder in 310, but I absolutely abhor this product, mostly because it has shimmer! I hate that it has sparkles that you can see when you go into sunlight. It also settles into fine lines and enlarged pores, and definitely does not set the foundation properly like even a cheap loose powder i.e. Almay. The only thing I like about the powder is the large mirror. It can be bulky though if you want to carry it around.

Overall, I think this is a fabulous, modern foundation, with good coverage considering how natural it looks in any light. I would highly recommend it and the concealer, but not the powder, for the above reasons for those with non-oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Acidapples

I like this if I have a breakout, it's non-comedogenic so it won't make anything worse. It has ok coverage, not what is like to be, but ok. It has a dewy finish, which I love in the summer. But in the winter I prefer my revlon colorstay, a matte finish. This also has almost no staying power. But seriously, I like this foundation. Great price too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by roman0vmarisa

Honestly, this had been my go-to foundation for a few months, mostly because it was pretty cheap and I go through foundation fast as I am always taking it off and reapplying it throughout the day. This foundation wasn't horrible but it could have been a lot better. The coverage was average but as the day went on it would come off - it didn't hold very well on the skin. I would say try another foundation first but this one wasn't too bad! I have combination/sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjean98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible! I'm a highschool student and by the time I make it to my first period the foundation has wore off. It breaks me out and doesn't cover what is needed! A Pro is that its not pricey at all and has lots of product and shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Kiki05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin and this foundation is sooo not for me. The color range and coverage is really good i just wish it could control my oil. After 30 mins of wearing this foundation I looked like a frying pan filled with oil. This foundation would suit dry to normal skin types. Overall the foundation is natural looking on the skin and I would definitely recommend this foundation to others who have dry to normal skin.