October 22, 2014 | 1532 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Possum44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Zit Me! Foundation Review: I got this in 115 and the shade matched well, went on smooth, blended well and looked good. That's where the good times ended. I have combo skin, oily t-zone with some redness and after about an hour was nose was red, as if the makeup just disappeared (I had applied primer and set with powder). After about 4 hrs my t-zone was oily and it looked pretty bad... I have never had a foundation disappear so fast and get so greasy while using primer and powder!
Worse then that, I appeared to have angered my skin, the next day I awoke to a bunch of zits! And I rarely break out, maybe one or 2, but I was zit city! I threw this in the garbage! I've never had a foundation break me out so bad! Bad bad bad product. Use caution if you have sensitive skin and are prone to breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

I really like this foundation, the shade 125 is perfect for me and I love how it looks. You can build from quite sheer to medium coverage with a somewhat dewy finish. I have combination sometimes oily skin and unfortunately it can get shiny after a few hours and I need to retouch with powder. I usually only wear it when I don't expect to be out for too long and/or I know I won't be getting hot and sweaty. This is the only downside for me but it's probably to be expected of any dewy or semi dewy finish foundation if you have combo/oily skin so it's not a complaint as such, just a warning to similar skinned folk. Powder obviously helps with this but only to a point plus I like minimal powder over it or it ruins the lovely finish of it anyway. I actually prefer putting this on with my fingers over any other application method which is a rarity for me but there you go. Pros: price, beautiful dewy finish, buildable coverage, shade range. Cons: bottle might have wastage, goes shiny after a couple hours. Overall a good buy but I am not sure if I will purchase again. Bourjois healthy skin foundation has a similar albeit slightly heavier finish but lasts longer so I'm not sure if there is room in my collection for two foundations so similar and bourjois is marginally superior.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sashaacosta23

I had a friend that looked amazing so when she told me she was using fit me by maybelline I immediately went to go buy it...it wasn't bad but not great either I do have oily skin so as the day went by it got very oily even when combined with powder. Let me say she has dry skin with just mild discoloration so it worked prefectly for her. I on the other hand have few blemishes and oily skin. I didn't like the coverage I had to use concealer. I don't recommend if you have blemishes, acne, or oily skin if you're trying to get good coverage. But if you only have discolorations and not very oily skin I say give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Gerdule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I liked this product. Gives very smooth, natural look and great finish. Coverage is minimal (in my opinion) so I use this foundation on daily basis but only if my face is in good condition (no pimples, redness etc.) because it doesn't really cover anything. If my skin isn't in very good condition I have to use other foundation with better coverage. So if you have a problematic skin I wouldn't recommend this product. I always finish it with powder (at the beginning it looks very nice and mat even without the powder but after some time begins to shine to powder is needed). Looks good for like first 5 hours but later needs refreshment. texture is very liquidish, I don't think its very suitable for application with fingers, you need sponge or brush (I personally use brush) also after application check your face in good light to make sure you distributed product evenly and don't have any marks from brush/sponge. The package is ok but I don't like the plastic cap because it makes package look a little bit cheap and breaks very easily. Overall I liked this product, it worked for me. if you have a non - problematic skin and want a natural and light look then this foundation is a good option.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

I had been searching high & low for a foundation that would fit my East Asian skin. The shade "Natural Beige" in 220 fit my yellow undertones pretty darn well. (For the record, I would say I have combo skin.) It seems the 200 series of these shade have a slight YELLOW undertone; the 100's generally have a PINK undertone; the 300's would probably best suit olive undertones, but I'm not certain. I have been using the Fit Me liquid foundation for the past two years now, and have recently begun using the Fit Me concealer (also in 220). Here is my commentary:

Pros:
Pretty decent color selection for drugstore foundations
Handles yellow undertones well (Can't really comment about other tones, sorry :\ )
Blends nicely (I have used a tapered round brush, a flat brush, a "special" foundation sponge, and a cheap cosmetic foam wedge with this. I have never had issues with blending. It does dry a little fast though, so work quickly.)

Cons:
Does not hold up very well on it's own.
Starts with a nice powdery, matte finish and becomes oily. (I found the product broke down on my skin after ~4-5 hours (without a primer). I can more wear out of it if I finish with a powder. I have not yet used a face primer, but if I do, I'll report back with results!)

For the last few weeks, I have been trying L'Oreal's True Match Liquid (W4) and Rimmel's Lasting Finish (102), and have found that these hold up better than the Fit Me Liquid, but my yellow undertones are not matched as well. Currently (it is winter) so I am even fairer than usual, so the 220 foundation and concealer are a bit too dark, but if I blend them with either the L'Oreal or Rimmel ones, I can get the right undertone I need.

In short, this might not be for everyone, but I'm willing to stick by it (and experiment with powder and primer) since I have a hard time finding foundation that gracefully handles my yellow undertones.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by emmarado

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you have oily skin I would not recommend this product. It already has a dewy finish, so on my oily skin it looks super shiny. Even when I touch up with setting powder, I still look very greasy.
I don't like the packaging either. It's very liquidy, so without a pump a lot of the foundation spills all over and gets wasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bubbleberry5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the foundation. It does not become patchy as the day goes on. I do get a tad shiny but nothing out of the ordinary for me. I always wear this with MAC Prep & Prime foundation primer. The glides on pretty smooth. The coverage is a builable medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by RebDesnoyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives out a really natural, dewy finish that I really enjoy for everyday use. The formula is a little hard to blend on my skin. I picked up the shade 110 Porcelain, witch is still a little to dark for my really, really light skin tone. I wish Maybelline would come out with lighter shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1599

So my friend bought this and it was too dark for her so she gave it to me. It's the only foundation I have so I obviously use it. A small amount goes a long way and I find it looks really good when you blend it in with your fingers mad then run a makeup sponge over your entire face. I have dry to combination skin and find that it looks fine. My friend who gave it to me has very oily skin and it looked kind of shiny on her. Also, I wear the lightest shade and I'm not super pale. So if you are very very fair the color selections aren't great.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by maddi0203

I don't really like this foundation at all. It's extremely runny and is quite hard to blend into the skin. It made me look extremely blotchy within an hour after applying, even set with powder. It also made me break out heaps! Won't be repurchasing anytime soon.