November 27, 2014 | 1430 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by dottixo

I finally gave in to the hype and bought this foundation after months of pondering. To be honest, I was kind of disappointed. I got it on sale, so the price was pretty good for the amount of product that you get. The actual foundation is really watery and runny. It felt nice on my face but it made my face look too...makeup-y? I know that sounds stupid , but it didn't look natural at all. I blended and blended, which made it look a little better, but I was still unsatisfied. I did keep it on for the rest of the day, and the staying power is decent. I expected to stay on longer but it started to wear off after about 6 hours, which is typical for every foundation I use. Overall, it's an ok foundation. Nothing spectacular.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Gracie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation .
If your used to light weight foundation this is going to feel heavy on your face . If you have an oily face this is perfect for you !
Its a pain to get the foundation out of the bottle .
I like the coverage because its matte . I do recommend this

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

DO NOT BUY THIS MAKE-UP IF YOU ARE ACNE PRONE! You have officially been warned. I heard soooo many things about this make-up and everyone was always saying good things about it I decided I should try it. Well, I used it for about 3 weeks and then I noticed I was getting big boils and cystic acne. I am prone to this but I have never broken out this bad before. I am still now dealing with all the scars it gave me from the cystic acne. This make-up covers absolutely PERFECT and the shade was PERFECT. I was the happiest girl alive until I saw how bad it broke me out. If you have acne, don't even bother trying it but if you never get acne, this might be the foundation for you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by adele1811

A very good foundation that stays on forever...good coverage and makes skin looks perfect...my fav drugstore foundation of all time....just didn't like the bottle....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by ashleykwong

This covers my acne and scars really well. It's harder to blend it compared to my other foundations but when it's done right, it looks absolutely gorgeous. Makes my skin look flawless. And it stays on the whole day. Make sure you use a proper make up remover with this. I tried a really horrible oil cleanser and it didn't take it all of and I didn't realize. Broke out in small bumps the next day. But this is definitely my hg if i want to look extra nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by CaraScene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm nc20 in mac & use 150 buff in the combo/oily formula...

i like this a lot (more than mac sff). i don't need much coverage, especially in the day. and i'm kinda heavy handed, so i have to put in a bit more effort to sheer this out. i'd say that this has more of a satin finish, not matte. but maybe it's just me. the fact that this doesn't have a pump doesn't really bother me. although a pump would be a bonus. my skin is truly combo, cuz i'm really oily in my tzone, dry on my chin & the sides of my face and normal everywhere else. here's a tip if you have skin similar to mine & want a glowy finish: i apply this to my tzone 1st, then mix what's left on my hand or palette w-mac strobe liquid or a liquid highlighter (like pink rebel, benefit highbeam/moonbeam) for the rest of my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

Although I like this product, I find that I use this not very often and it tends to get quite oily even when I use the combo/oily skin formula. I use it in the color BUFF and I find that when I first apply it, the color is perfect and the finish is great but then it oxidizes and becomes darker over time (3+ hours) which makes me look like a lumpa-lumpa. I don't know about this foundation though....perhaps I should try IVORY and maybe when it oxidizes it will become a little more acceptable? I don't know....The coverage on this foundation is alright though. I don't find that it's full coverage like most people say it is but more like medium coverage. To get a full coverage I think you would have to pile this on quite a lot which will look quite cakey/oily over time. I also have tried apply this foudation using the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki, Real Techniques Buffing Brush, and the EFL Studio Powder Brush, (All buffing brushes as you can see cause I like a clean, buffed in look cause it appears more natural, faster, and provides better coverage.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Jennywin

I love this foundation, I have repurchased this over and over again and have it in two colors and mix them. I tan easily when I'm in the sun and my lighter shade is too light the next day but If i'm not out in the sun for awhile, the dark is too dark so it's nice to have both shades. I would love this product to come out in a pump bottle! The foundation stays on all day, is a great "foundation" for applying bronzers and blushes on top. The smell doesn't bother me it's only a little strong upon applying but it goes away as the product dries and sets. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update 9/12/14- Still my HG. Wish the packaging was different! PUMP! PUMP!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by sarahjade17

This is one of the most expensive drugstore foundations, but it is so worth the money. This foundation offers full coverage, has a gorgeous texture, makes me look awake and gives a flawless finish. It lasts me nearly all day as well. It's definitely the best foundation I've bought from a drugstore. I like the new "pump" bottle too (available in Australia)- it's never messy and you get just the amount you want. I recommend!