August 27, 2014 | 1724 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The price is just stupid for that small amount but omg worth it. I have some high profile jobs and this is worth it all to me. In a way I like the the fact that it's a small bottle so you can take it anywhere but then again, you get so little. This stuff is really remarkable. I just saw photos of myself with this plus a little Laura Mercier powder and I am sold sold sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is definitely the best one I've ever tried for day time wear. The coverage is low-medium and it makes my skin look flawless every time I wear it and I have also received compliments on my skin when I have this on. Chanel suggest applying this with fingers but it also works well for me when using the RT Buffing brush. One of the most surprising things about this foundation is how well it lasts on my oily skin, by the end of the day I am a tad shiny in the t-zone but not too bad, when I come home by the end of the day my skin still looks great. Really happy with this foundation and love the packaging too its really small and compact, would definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kaaattteee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is easily the best foundation I have ever tried for everyday wear! The funny thing is, though some have pointed out that the foundation has a rather large amount of alcohol and other chemicals, I have found that it is the only foundation that does not break me out or irritate my skin; maybe it's because it is water-based. A little backstory (skip to the bottom if you don't like backstories)- I had gone through many different tubes of foundation, starting with CoverGirl Clean Oil Control (greasy horrible yet oddly flaky mess-only exacerbated my middle school years), MakeUp Forever HD liquid (orange, nasty, greasy- you knew it was my test if there was an orange thumbprint), Lancome Teint Idole Ultra (nice but very drying), Diorskin Nude (orange as heck, though I wanted to love this one!), Lancome Teint Miracle (the best prior to VA, but somewhat drying. A pretty good alternative; I still use it when I run out of the Chanel, as we don't have a counter in my town), and then I stumbled across a review of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua on YouTube! My other foundations were orangey and greasy (except for the Lancome's) and my acne vacillated between okay and gosh dang, that girl needs acne meds (which I have been using forever, btws). This stuff was like heaven in a tube!
The texture is very smooth; the foundation goes on like a liquid but dries to a powder. Again, I noticed that this is the only foundation that does not cause my acne to flare up. At first, when my acne was horrible, my pimples were still visible, due to the light coverage, if not a little blurry. This can easily be fixed with concealer, though! It evened out my skin tone beautifully, and fixed my combo skin, although when my skin is a little dehydrated it does sadly appear "broken up" on dry patches. What I loved when I first started wearing it was that everyone really thought that I suddenly by the grace of God had glowy, cherub skin. This stuff truly exemplifies the "your skin but better" label slapped onto these "skin perfecting" fluids. I haven't noticed any horrible oxidizing, and it lasts all school day until about noon, wherein it gets a litttttle oily and requires maybe a little powder and spot reapplication, if you have super oily skin. On a normal summer day in the super hot Texas heat, ironically, it lasts all day without the need for touch ups. I use it with Olay Complete spf 15 moisturizer for sensitive skin and Smashbox Photo Finish oil free primer, and normally do not put powder on top. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that you have a good chance of finding a color match, because Chanel has three color ranges (er, undertones? haha) for this foundation: Beige, Beige- Rose, and Ambre. Remember that you've got to shake it up well before you use it. Phew that was a ton! I hoped this review helped, and though this stuff is pretty pricey, it is most definitely a quality product and at least pick up a sample- you may fall in love with it, like I have! ❤

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kaaattteee

The texture is very smooth; the foundation goes on like a liquid but dries to a powder. Again, I noticed that this is the only foundation that does not cause my acne to flare up. At first, when my acne was horrible, my pimples were still visible, due to the light coverage, if not a little blurry. This can easily be fixed with concealer, though! It evened out my skin tone beautifully, and fixed my combo skin, although when my skin is a little dehydrated it does sadly appear "broken up" on dry patches. What I loved when I first started wearing it was that everyone really thought that I suddenly by the grace of God had glowy, cherub skin. This stuff truly exemplifies the "your skin but better" label slapped onto these "skin perfecting" fluids. I haven't noticed any horrible oxidizing, and it lasts all school day until about noon, wherein it gets a litttttle oily and requires maybe a little powder and spot reapplication, if you have super oily skin. On a normal summer day in the super hot Texas heat, ironically, it lasts all day without the need for touch ups. I use it with Olay Complete spf 15 moisturizer for sensitive skin and Smashbox Photo Finish oil free primer, and normally do not put powder on top. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that you have a good chance of finding a color match, because Chanel has three color ranges (er, undertones? haha) for this foundation: Beige, Beige- Rose, and Ambre. Phew that was a ton! I hoped this review helped, and though this stuff is pretty pricey, it is most definitely a quality product and at least pick up a sample- you may fall in love with it, like I have! ❤

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the many foundation I have tried on my quest for finding anything that doesn't break out my super clog/breakout/oily prone skin. Problem is my skin among many with similar don't do well with alcohol, cones, cloggers etc that all these foundation are filled with. You would think formulas like this one would have more quality ingredients that don't break people out with problem skin but no such luck. I had high hopes as I really do love Chanel makeup but this foundation even as light and airy still is full of crap and way too much alcohol. I wish all the companies that make these light formulas would get their shit together and realize throwing alcohol in a product for people who are breakout prone doesn't do anything but dry us out and make us overproduce more oil. This seems to be every company's solution, hence why I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin oilier or worse by clogging it after wear. Big expensive fail!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although this foundations is very drying as it has quite a decent amount of alcohol in it, it does not produce a matte finish for those who have oily skin. My skin looks like my face has been sweating a bit. I prefer Armani Face Fabric to this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I conducted some serious research before purchasing this foundation, however, I didn't know that one needs to match Chanel vitalumiere foundations to B or BR the way one would match MAC to an NC or NW. I think with Chanel I am between the B and BR and really need two.

The texture of this foundation is very smooth and soothing to my skin, which tends to be very sensitive. It is a light-to-medium coverage make-up, but effective enough that I need very little concealer once I apply this.

I like the effect in sunlight as well as artificial light even if the color is a little pinkish on me. I mix it with a drop of my regular MAC NC foundations, and the color adjusts very well.
The look is slightly dewy, which I like. It simmers down to a matte with an thin layer of powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is much lighter coverage than I'm used to. It's really like a tinted moisturizer. I do like that look for everyday, though. It gives a very thin, natural coverage that does indeed look like real skin. The finish is nice and healthy. That being said, there are a few problems I noticed with it. One, I really need to wear a primer with it because it accentuates some pores on my nose. I never normally have this problem with foundations and do not have very large pores. But oh well. The packaging on this product isn't quite what I'd expect from Chanel, but it's easy enough to carry for every day I guess. It's also quite a hassle to make sure you shake it enough (about 1 minute) before every application.

Overall, the foundation is definitely pretty and longlasting, but I'm not sure I'd buy it again. I remember the old Korres Watermelon TM used to work better than this for me. Still, I don't regret buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by odylicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I got the Vitalumiere Aqua in Beige and it looks amazing on me. like a fresher, smoother, but still natural version of my skin. It did break me out really badly - I got two huge zits on my nose and forehead. At first I thought it was the new moisturizer I started using, so I stopped using that. I continued using the Vitalumiere and got yet another zit, so I decided to take break using it and only whipped it out on special occasions, but even after just one use, I got hige pimples. It's very disappointing because it's so expensive and not "skin perfecting" on me at all. It may work on others, but it was disastrous on me. I was blinded by its Chanel label and how great my skin looked when I tested it on the counter, so I didn't bother checking if it was non-comedogenic at all. Now I'm left with overpriced leftovers of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by dialore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I do believe is for people who like to go for the more natural look. Its a light weight foundation, I personally don´t like to wear a lot of makeup and that is the reason it works great. If you are looking for something to cover imperfections or thicker layer this is not for you.