Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 11/15/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've tried a lot of mascaras in my quest for a HG one. I would have to say that this one by CG is the closest I've come to it :) I bought the regular kind in very black. It does volumize wonderfully, and gives a nice natural look (if you want a thicker look, you can easily add another coat until you get what you want). I do think it doesn't lengthen as well as some other mascaras, however it's not really an issue for me as i already have pretty long lashes. One thing I LOVE is that this mascara rarely, RARELY clumps. Occasionally I get a tiny clump on a corner lash, but it's easily flicked off, lol. the formula also doesn't dry out as quickly as most mascaras I've used, so a plus there (and some money saved :D). Typically I shy away from rubber brushes, but I happen to really like this one. It also lasts all day. There are a few tiny things I dislike: It is a bit difficult to get the inner and out corner lashes, but with a little practice, it can be done. It can flake a tiny bit, but it's very minor and really only flakes if you start fussing with it with your fingers or brush/comb. I also don't like the orange color of the tube, but, I don't like orange in general :D haha. I prefer this version to the waterproof as the waterproof takes forever to remove, even with makeup remover! Overall though, this has to be my favorite mascara so far, I definitely recommend it :) A little over $8 at the local drugstore, but not bad considering the quality you're getting :)

on 11/10/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am absolutely floored by this mascara. I never bought into the hype about lash blast, but I recently got a $2 off cover girl at Walgreens and decided to give it a try since my usual hg l'oreal carbon black voluminous wasn't cutting it anymore. Just with one coat lash blast volume gives me noticeable volume and length. That has never happened to me with a ds mascara before. The most impressive part is that I kept layering and layering and NO clumps. It's unbelievable. It gave me volume and length and was much blacker than I expected. Only downside is that it is difficult to take off, but it wears like iron on me. I can't rave about this enough...I'm so glad I decided to give this a try!!

on 11/3/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me preface this review by saying I'm usually a Maybelline mascara girl, and I've never met a rubber (rather than bristle) mascara brush I liked.

However, I decided to try this based on Allure's strong recommendation and I am so glad I did. This mascara is great! The blackest black formula is super dark, pigmented and has a slightly gloss finish. This really does increase volume, like so many other mascaras say but fail to do, making my eyelashes look thicker and like there are more of them. It is pretty good for lengthening and curl too. The brush coats every lash without clumping and you don't need to build up 10 coats for it to look good.
This formula has good staying power and doesn't flake or smudge. The packaging is nice and the price is very reasonable. I definitely recommend this one! Even if you're a rubber brush doubter like me, you may find yourself very pleasantly surprised.

I love how this mascara makes my lashes look and have been using it for years. They look full and amazing and I get lots of compliments. That said, I cannot buy this product again. If my eyes water at all throughout the day, my mascara starts to run, gets into my eye, and BURNS. That makes my eyes water more and then it's all gone. Today it just happened one too many times and now, sadly, I have to go on the hunt for a mascara that works as well as this but doesn't burn.

on 9/26/2012 10:54:00 PM

Am absolutely in love with this mascara! It is one of my all time favourites and i will keep repurchasing it in the future as well! :) It doesn't flake and hasn't gone clumpy either whenever i use it and it is easy to apply and i absolutely adore the brush and it lengthens, darkens, strengthens and does everything that i need it to do! This product is the best mascara i have ever bought.

on 9/17/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great mascara that defines, separates, and lengthens. I like that it doesn't dry quickly, so I can layer. I also like that it has a true brown shade (which is the only reason I began exploring outside of L'oreal in the first place, and I am glad I did.) That being said, the brush is a bit clunky, so is the packaging.

on 9/13/2012 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara was raved about for being sooo black and soooo volumizing. I don't think it was at all. The brush though, is fantastic, the best plastic type brush Ive ever tried.....but I can't seem to like the formula, with or without primer.

on 9/10/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CLAIM: Big lash look with volume-boosing formula and patent pending brush.
MY THOUGHTS: My mascara staple (repurchased MANY times). Has a good formula and an AMAZING brush (I save & wash my old wands and use them with other mascaras). Very good on its own - really volumizes my lashes - but also great for layering with lengthening mascaras (like Falsies & Illegal Length).
GOOD FOR: Everyone - one of my Holy Grail products!

on 8/21/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara for years and I'm still so impressed with it. It defines my eyelashes, without clumping them...EVER. I realize its designed to give your eyelashes volume, which it does, but I always use this with a separate lengthening mascara to add that extra something to my lashes. Needless to say, I will continue to use this mascara for a long time, would definitely recommend it to anyone!

on 8/19/2012 11:49:00 PM

I got a good deal on this because it was on sale and I had double coupons, so I'm glad I didn't pay more than about $4 for it. I was a big fan of VolumeExact mascara, and am disappointed that CG discontinued it in favor of this inferior product. As far as I can make out, it does a pretty good job of volumizing and is almost on par with VE in that. The problem is that the brush is so huge and unwieldy. The outside tube is very big, which doesn't make it that easy to hold and control. And the brush itself is so thick (the bristles are very short and tiny, but the plastic wand they're attached to is also thick, for no discernible reason) that it's difficult to apply the product to your inner lashes without getting mascara on your eyelids. I got the one with the Olympic rings on it because I thought it was cute, but that will not be enough to hook me on this product. The design of the applicator is so impractical as to dissuade me from ever purchasing this again.

There seems to be no point in enlarging the applicator other than marketing--a large brush evokes the concept of "big"--big brush, big lashes! The CG marketing department is counting on people looking at the huge brush and equating it with the huge lashes it will surely give them. That's a major insult to people's intelligence. I for one prefer a nice thickening formula with a functional, smaller brush that helps keep lashes separated. That's pretty much exactly what VolumeExact was. Shame they had to give it the boot in favor of this junk. I'm glad I stockpiled a fee VEs, but will have to search for my new HG mascara once I run out of those.

PS My former fave mascara was Volume Couture by Max Factor, but of course that whole line was discontinued in the US. I thought CG VE was a great replacement for it, and I only just discovered it this spring. To have to be on the lookout yet again--such a drag.

Video Reviews & Tutorials