October 24, 2014 | 1584 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Eh. Very basic mascara. I don't see any significant volumizing effects, but the formula is decent with no smudging or flaking. It doesn't apply that well because the formula is thick and the brush is unnecessarily huge. It's hard to get close to the lash line and the lower lashes. I prefer Hard Candy's Ginormous mascara. It's a better formula, better brush and same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by alwayysbluee

My favourite mascara! Gives length and volume, and it hold up my lashes after I curl them!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of CG products but tried this based on the love it gets on m/u board. I put it on as soon as I got out of the store and had smudges before I got home. I don't use wp b/c it's so hard to remove; but I did get the wp formula and will prob return it. Clumping, smudges, nothing going for it. I will try it again over my beloved Shiseido lash primer and will also wipe the wand first next time. H/e, d/s....Mayb the Falsies (not wp) is still my favorite mascara. EL Sumptuous is a close 2nd.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kelseyrae340

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like Lash Blast Length but this has a very different formula. I can't even tell I have mascara on. It doesn't hold curl at all.. I just don't like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by zebrapower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have straight, downwards-pointing, thin asian lashes, so mascara is my desert-island makeup product. I've tried too many mascara that were immediatley promising, until I checked out my lashes a few minutes later to find the curl had disappeared. My other mascaras always promised volume and length, but didn't live up to it. THIS MASCARA DOES! It holds a curl *pretty* well, volumizes and lengthens. Best of all, it glides on clump-free and looks lush and natural even after two coats. The pigmentation is nice, I have the shade Black and am satisfied, though in certain lightings it picks up some hints of gray in my opinion. Overall a great mascara. I would definitely repurchase, which is really saying something considering I've never bought the same mascara twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this version in waterproof and it really does not budge, not even with makeup remover or oil which is kind of annoying but I can live with it. I have a natural curl in my lashes and they are fairly long so I look for more volume and some length in my mascaras. This gave me some volume but it's greatest strength is the length it gives. My lashes almost look fake when I put on 3 or 4 coats of this-very good if you are looking for some drama. However, I hate the brush because its so big and often times gets on my eyelid, I always seem to make a little bit of a mess when using it. But as a dramatic mascara this is what I'll stick with after trying so many department and drugstore mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by abipk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an ok mascara if you don't like a lot of volume. But this is supposed to make your lashes very thick, and I found I had to apply a couple coats and work pretty hard to get my lashes like that. Don't like the smell, smells like wall paint. I like the packaging, I've heard bad things about Cover Girl mascara and how these wands are hard to manoeuvre, but I had no issue. I liked the brush.
I liked that it came off easily with water, if I got it on my eyelid by accident I wouldn't have to get a Q-tip and makeup remover, I could just wet my finger and it came off easily.
A little stiff, and I find myself picking it off at the end of the day, like I always do with stiffer mascaras, but that's just me.
Overall, it has alright volume that's buildable, but nothing very special.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to drug store mascara. It makes my lashes thick without clumping. I have longish lashes but love the thickness this adds, it makes my lashes look like false ones. Bonus is that it doesnt flake or smudge yet still washes off easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by HistoryLady71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tremendous problems with mascara--I wear rgp lenses, I had a corneal transplant a few years ago, I have the OILIEST eyelids on the planet, I have allergies that make me teary--and yet I feel like I really can't do without it. I have tried different brands at different price points and I have come across some very good mascaras that work for me. Most of the ones that do are expensive and hard to get so I keep trying ds mascaras when they are on sale to see if I can find one that works for me. I have tried most of CG's Lash Blast line and picked this one up because it was a special edition white tube (for the Olympics, I think) that really caught my eye and it was on sale. I tried it without expecting much (I've been pretty underwhelmed with the other CG mascaras I've tried). To my great surprise, I found that I love this. It makes my eyelashes look ridiculously long and curled. It doesn't irritate my eyes and stays put in south Texas summer weather. It does crumble a bit late in the day so I do remove it when I get home and I know that I am not going out anymore. I usually use some sort of oil on my face to remove makeup (I use the DHC brand or organic coconut oil) and that does help with removal. I do not have problems with the applicator being so large and find that it does coat all of my eyelashes. My husband even commented on how good my eyes looked which was nice. I will definitely be buying this again and hope that the regular orange tube works as well as the special edition white tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by jababy3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it! Thickens lashes, not too dry, not too wet, does not smudge. It is a little difficult to remove but works so well that I don't mind. Throwing out all my other mascaras because this is all I need.