Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

I am officially in love. I had a bit of a mishap with an at home chemical peel. I was supposed to wash it off after 20 minutes and I fell asleep and woke up an hour later. Needless to say my face was very red and dried out and flaky. I put it on at night before bed and it burned like hell, probably because of the chemical peel mishap. When I woke up in the morning there was still a little redness from the irritation, but my face felt better than normal. It was very soft and moisturized, it literally felt softer than my 7 month old daughters. The only thing I DON'T like about it is that it comes in a jar as opposed to a tube. I have acrylic nails so I'll lose a little bit under my nails, also tubes are just more sanitary. Other than that it smells great, it works great, it doesn't clog my pores and I can see buying this over and over and over again.

on 9/5/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I have been really impressed with all of the Garnier face products I have tried so far. I use the Gel Cream as a night time moisturizer, its very light but very hydrating and refreshing. I would like it better if it was in a tube or in a pump bottle like the Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion. A little bit goes a long way, I dip my ring finger in the jar, and then dot the product on both cheeks, forhead/chin and then spread around my entire face. The product is a bit pricey, but if you only use a little each time, it can last for a while, so for about 8$ I think its a decent value.

on 9/5/2012 10:41:00 AM

I've bought probably 10 jars of this moisturizer so far - it's great!! It feels so refreshing! I think I use too much of it though because I go through a jar every 3 weeks or so, and unfortunately it is somewhat expensive (regularly priced about $8 or $9 but I can get it on sale for $7). Besides the price, the only problem I have with this moisturizer is the packaging. I hate that it's in a jar; it would be so much nicer in a tube! I think I'm going to try the new pink version for dry skin though to see if it works better since I do have quite dry skin - maybe I won't have to use so much then.

Love love love this product. It feels light and thin, but packs a surprising amount of moisture into my skin, so it feels quenched without leaving a heavy residue. It kind of sucks that there's no sunscreen, but I use makeup with SPF, so problem solved? I know jars aren't the most sanitary packaging, but I like being able to reach the bottom so none of it is wasted. This also does wonders for my t-zone and my boyfriend's oily skin! This is our go-to moisturizer now.

on 8/31/2012 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This moisture gel is a great product for summer. It's light and fresh. It works well for my combination skin. Quickly absorbs and has a light refreshing scent. It was priced at $8.00 or so at my local drug store and came in a more expensive looking glass jar. I am taking points off for that. That jar is very appealing, however I tend not to like jars for sanitary reasons and wish it was plastic as glass would shatter all over my marble floor. I am on my second jar so it's definitely something I would purchase again in summer months.

on 8/29/2012 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Me: oily-combo and semi clog-prone. I bought this because I heard it was a dupe for my beloved Clinique moisture surge at a fraction of then cost. I have to say it's not quite a dupe. Compared to moisture surge, this is thinner/more "gel" than "cream." It's also not as moisturizing as moisture surge. It also absorbs within seconds and leaves no sticky or greasy feeling. This would've worked great for me for summer had it not broken me out. It was the only change I made in my skincare routine and I got two cystic breakouts - one on the side of my nose and one on the non-phone-using side of my face/cheek. It cost me ~$7 at Target, much better than the ~$45 for moisture surge, but I won't repurchase because it's not moisturizing enough and it broke me out. This would be good for very oily-skinned people. I might try the dry skin version (pink one) instead.

on 8/29/2012 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG daytime moisturizer. It is so light and applies on to skin so easily (and with such a small amount, too!). I apply this in the morning before applying my makeup. It makes my skin feel smooth without being too heavy or greasy.

on 8/28/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the product thinking it would help with my skin, which is sensitive-acne prone-combination. This product made my skin feel smoother, and softer by morning. However, it did not do anything for my acne, or t-zone.

on 8/28/2012 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I thought this was such a cool idea, especially in the summer for my oily skin. I was so excited about this product and even used it for about 3 weeks, but the fact was that it left my skin dry looking, made my makeup look cakey and made me breakout into multiple large cystic acne. My face looked terrible. Never again.

I, too, do not understand all the good reviews for this. I needed a moisturizer...key word there is 'Moisturizer'. This is not hydrating at all. I thought the packaging looked nice, was sucked in by the marketing/advertising...and the fact it was a gel. I kept it in the fridge which made it feel amazing going on..nice cold gel. But that's where the positives end. It doesn't feel moisturizing once on, it feels more like I put toner on my face. Didn't soften, hydrate, improve appearance, or anything. After 3 days of using my face was SUPER dry and I ended up buying Olay Complete Sensitive Skin Moisturizer instead. The gel idea is interesting, but I really do not get how this is classified as a moisturizer...it's anything but.