December 20, 2014 | 905 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by evalovescake

This was my first lipstain, but I must say that I'm impressed. The addition of the lipbalm is genius, because the marker part itself dries the lips out. The balm also creates that natural glossy look without being sticky and I prefer that over any lipgloss that bleeds and catches my hair on a windy day. Careful though, these can leave weird patches on your chapped lips once you try to remove the color. The application is moderately easy, it's a little hard to apply quickly since a mistake is not easily erased with these inks.. Overall, a nice alternative to creamy lipsticks and sticky glosses. I bought the dark colors for the first time but I'm eager to try the lighter colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Gingergurf123

I adore this lipstain! It lasts all day long and gives a wonderful color! I usually use the lipstain under lipstick to give it more color since it is very regular on it's own. I don't really use the balm a lot since it's not very mosturizing and is kind of pointless in my opinion. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because I would never need one again since it's a very wet marker style

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I will attest to some of the complaints. The balm broke on both of my Just Bitten lipstains. And the colors on the packaging have nothing to do with the color, you must swatch them to know what they look like.

LOVE these. I have one in Frenzy (plum toned red) and Flame (coral pink) and they are wonderful if you want something less heavy and more long wearing than a traditional creamy lipstick but not as drying or high-maintenance as a dual-ended lipstick. The best thing about them is that you can completely control how pigmented the color will be on your lips. You can lightly spread the formula across the lips for a wash of color or fill them in for bleeding pigment. They also last a decent amount of time on me (about four hours). Surprisingly I don't find them drying at all. I can barely feel the stain on my lips. The balm, while it existed, smelled awful but did the job. I had no issues with either of the markers drying out.

Definitely will repurchase, in hopes Revlon will fix the packaging and presentation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MarjieW

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed in this product. The applicator for the lipstick was very rough and scratchy when I applied it to my lips. I had to return it because there was no way I would want to use it on my lips on a daily basis.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first lipstain, so I don't know how it compares with other lipstains on the market, but overall, I like this product.
Got it in Gothic, which is a bright cherry red. The color appears darker on my lips.
It's very long-lasting, the color only faded a little bit after eating. Having a lip balm together is very convenient. The only thing is that since the lipbalm doesn't retract and I'm a klutz, I always end up shaving off some of the lipbalm when I try to cap it.

However, if you have very pigmented lips like me, beware that lipstain is not completely opaque, and colors lighter than your natural lip color may not show up. I think it's like trying to dye dark hair lighter without bleaching first, the dye color is just not going to be show.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Sofritoasty

I initially bought this product because I was tired of people thinking that I was still 16 when I'm 21, thought maybe a little lipstick/stain would make me look older, and it did. I really like how the color stays throughout the day, but disappointed in the balm, it doesn't last very long and I end up having to apply chapstick the rest of the day. I bought the "Twilight" lipstain first because I thought the color was so pretty, but when I applied it, it was way darker than the marker color, but still a nice color. A few days later I got the "Passion" color and its darker than the hot pink marker color (which is what I figured it would do) and its a nice fun pink stain.

Overall this product is great, just know that the color you think you're getting is actually darker, and buy a good chapstick while you're at it, the balm doesn't last.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff BLOWS AWAY the competition!!!! I tried cover girl and maybelline lip stain before this and was VERY disappointed. They were equally awful, ineffective and basically trash. this is so much easier to use, deposits the right amount of color and is vibrant and long lasting. i want more. i took one lippie unfortunately because the balm broke off the first time i used it. whatever though it is still an amazing DS HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by beehivekristine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. The stain started beautiful, but left me within the hour. As for the balm end...too delicate...broke the first day. I'll stick with my Lip Venom.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I am lazy when it comes to lip color. I hate retouching my lips so having a long-wearing color is perfect for me. Quite hard to apply at first but you'll get the hang of it after a few tries. I have this in Twilight. Freshly applied, the color is deep red but fades to a nice tint after a few hours. It doesn't leave your lips bare so you still look 'put together'.

Tip: Apply layers of lip balm before putting the stain so you have a few seconds to spread the color. It also helps do 'color' your lips by section so you have time to spread the color evenly.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Morg02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gives lips a nice colour but i have to say it dosent last all the long. and for me it makes my lips kinda sore and red the day after i wear it. i find the lip balm pointless to be honest. any lip balm could do the same and the one on the end of this isnt even that great,