April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MarjieW

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed in this product. The applicator for the lipstick was very rough and scratchy when I applied it to my lips. I had to return it because there was no way I would want to use it on my lips on a daily basis.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first lipstain, so I don't know how it compares with other lipstains on the market, but overall, I like this product.
Got it in Gothic, which is a bright cherry red. The color appears darker on my lips.
It's very long-lasting, the color only faded a little bit after eating. Having a lip balm together is very convenient. The only thing is that since the lipbalm doesn't retract and I'm a klutz, I always end up shaving off some of the lipbalm when I try to cap it.

However, if you have very pigmented lips like me, beware that lipstain is not completely opaque, and colors lighter than your natural lip color may not show up. I think it's like trying to dye dark hair lighter without bleaching first, the dye color is just not going to be show.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Sofritoasty

I initially bought this product because I was tired of people thinking that I was still 16 when I'm 21, thought maybe a little lipstick/stain would make me look older, and it did. I really like how the color stays throughout the day, but disappointed in the balm, it doesn't last very long and I end up having to apply chapstick the rest of the day. I bought the "Twilight" lipstain first because I thought the color was so pretty, but when I applied it, it was way darker than the marker color, but still a nice color. A few days later I got the "Passion" color and its darker than the hot pink marker color (which is what I figured it would do) and its a nice fun pink stain.

Overall this product is great, just know that the color you think you're getting is actually darker, and buy a good chapstick while you're at it, the balm doesn't last.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff BLOWS AWAY the competition!!!! I tried cover girl and maybelline lip stain before this and was VERY disappointed. They were equally awful, ineffective and basically trash. this is so much easier to use, deposits the right amount of color and is vibrant and long lasting. i want more. i took one lippie unfortunately because the balm broke off the first time i used it. whatever though it is still an amazing DS HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by beehivekristine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. The stain started beautiful, but left me within the hour. As for the balm end...too delicate...broke the first day. I'll stick with my Lip Venom.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I am lazy when it comes to lip color. I hate retouching my lips so having a long-wearing color is perfect for me. Quite hard to apply at first but you'll get the hang of it after a few tries. I have this in Twilight. Freshly applied, the color is deep red but fades to a nice tint after a few hours. It doesn't leave your lips bare so you still look 'put together'.

Tip: Apply layers of lip balm before putting the stain so you have a few seconds to spread the color. It also helps do 'color' your lips by section so you have time to spread the color evenly.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Morg02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gives lips a nice colour but i have to say it dosent last all the long. and for me it makes my lips kinda sore and red the day after i wear it. i find the lip balm pointless to be honest. any lip balm could do the same and the one on the end of this isnt even that great,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought two of these on a lark before Halloween, so I could have a nice pop of color on my lips for my costume. Well, they do stain your lips, but are otherwise totally unimpressive. The stain goes on unevenly, is drying, and emphasizes everything that is wrong with you lips, be it dry spots, flakes, etc. The balm is nothing special; mine have not broken off yet like many have had happen, but it is not really moisturizing and doesn't add much to the finish of the lip stain.

I would definitely not purchase again. Surely there are better lip stains out there!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Does stain okay.

CONS: The color is quite off from the packaging/display. The balm broke off the first time I tried to use it. And no. I wasn't hard on it before it broke.

ALTERNATES: Laura Mercier has a nice lip stain.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a medium skin tone and am on the constant look out for a red lipstain that doesn't look too fake, doesn't dry out my lips, and makes my teeth appear a bit whiter. This product did not satisfy my search.

I got this in frenzy, a red with blue undertones. Not only does it take quite a bit of effort to apply the color evenly, but after doing so, it dries unevenly! Although I didn't mind that the balm needed to be reapplied very often, it became a nuisance after the tip of it broke off (on 6th or 7th use). Also, the marker end dried up completely after 6 weeks. Wouldn't repurchase.