St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 4/30/2012 1:45:00 AM

Ok, so I don't suffer from acne. I never had trouble with pimples. I occasionally get like 1 or 2 little ones here and there but it never bothers me. They go away within a few days on their own. Surprisingly a few weeks ago I noticed I had a lot of tiny flesh colored bumps all over my forehead that you could notice right away! They looked pretty gross. I freaked out and right away researched different acne products. It seemed like a lot of people liked this one so I decided to give it a try. I've been using it for almost 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it!!!! It got rid of my tiny nasty bumps within like 3 days or 2! Its gently on my skin, doesn't feel rough, doesn't leave a dry feeling afterwards and it smells really nice. My face feels really clean after using it. I use it almost everyday in the shower. My face feels and looks healthy.

Honestly I prefer the apricot scrub. I know that alot of people prefer this one rather than the apricot because it's less abrasive, but I actually really like the abrasiveness of the apricot scrub. The green tea scrub didn't clear my skin up as well as the apricot scrub did, so if you have more severe acne in my opinion the apricot scrub is more effective. But the good part about this is if you have more sensitive skin and you are looking for a more gentle scrub then this one is for you. It's not a bad product, I just prefer the other version.

on 3/25/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hmm....kind of hard to believe this got good reviews. This product was just not right for my skin as it was pasty, sticky, and I personally did not like the scent. Even after I try to wash it out, I'll find it in my eyebrows and hair and lips. It does nothing to even help my blemishes either.

on 3/24/2012 9:47:00 PM

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.
It is my absolute favorite scrub of ALL time.
It's really gentle and reduces redness and slowly fades acne. Its little beads are relaxing on the skin and doesn't make me break out, except it hasn't really been working on some acne on the chin, but that's what cleansers are for. I recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin.

on 3/16/2012 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this product. The exfoliating beads are very fine and gentle on my sensitive skin. Sadly, I think this may be breaking me out. I'm going to go a couple of weeks without this and update this review after.

on 3/12/2012 12:54:00 PM

I tried this twice & I was not impressed. I actually found it be kind of sticky? A small bit got into my hair & I could not get it out for anything. I didn't feel too exfoliated afterward either.

on 3/12/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive been a fan of St. Ives apricot scrub for a while but do find that it can be a bit much if you use it everyday and seeing as you aren't supposed to exfoliate everyday I was looking for a product as gentle as the apricot scrub just with less exfoliating beads I suppose. I came across this green tea scrub and liked that it was by St.Ives so i gave it a shot. I'm so glad I did because I absolutely love this stuff. It's so gentle and yet so effective. The exfoliating beads in it are so gentle but leave you with such a clean fresh feeling. I have noticed redness reduction as well. The smell is great too. Overall just a great product.

on 3/4/2012 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a good, solid scrub. I love that the granules are much finer than the original apricot scrub. It cleanses without parching my skin or making it flake even worse (I always moisturize immediately after anyway, though), and the smell is nice, although I like the scent of the green tea cleanser much better than this one. It removes some of the dead skin, but not as much as I would like it to. As far as beating my mild adult acne to a pulp, I don't really see it working at all, but most small breakouts I have disappear on their own within a couple days anyway. I do wish it was a little creamier and had more color to it, so that I could see the bald spots on my face that I missed with the scrub. It just goes on clear. I don't feel like it brightens my dull complexion or helps with acne in any way. But it does seem to even out my complexion, and I LOVE this product for getting rid of any redness or blotchiness. I'll give it a 3.5.

Overall, I can say this is just an okay face wash. The granules do work fairly well, but I have seen no improvement whatsoever in my acne. Getting rid of acne is kind of the point, and it did nothing for me. Also, the granules can be super annoying if you're not using this product in the shower and just at the sink. They can get stuck in your hairline and are impossible to get out!

on 2/24/2012 11:27:00 AM

This is my back up scrub. I've been using Jurlique Daily Exfoliating Cream for quite a while and while it's gentle and lovely on my skin from time to time I switch out to this.

Pros: I love that you can really feel the little granuales in the product. It feels like my skin is getting a great clean, scrub and buff in one. The smell is nice, not to over powering. I love that you only had to use a small amount

Cons: If your skin is feeling a bit sensitive or raw then this probably is not the scrub for you.