July 30, 2014 | 1087 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by DeeBtq

I wouldn't purchase this product again too harsh, but would reccomend using once a week for a good exfoliation, but did nothing for my acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by carolinestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scrub caused me to break out...acne all over my forehead! I don't think it's a bad product, but test it out before using it every day and buy the LITTLE travel bottle first for about 98 cents. It smells nice and feels good but made me break out...might work better for somebody else!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by indiana2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought a 1 oz tube from Target on a trip to the US to sample as the salicylic acid in it grabbed my attention. I should have bought a big-sized tube and more! My skin, acne-prone and oily has a tendency to get dull and rough. I was surprised after only a few washes, my skin felt smoother. The cystic acne I usually have each month on my jawline dried up and there was over-all clarity. And this is so much better and finer than the apricot scrub which I tried but never worked for me. Now I try to use it once a day. If this keeps up, this will be my HG cleanser/scrub. And the best part of all it that it is inexpensive (I hope here in Canada). If not, I can always order online.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Makamae97

MY HG!!! Have always loved St Ives!!

First let me tell you I have extremely sensitive acne( little and huge cystic) prone skin for over 20 years... Nasty!!! Even had to get treated by dermatologist and acne clinic. Retin a cleared me up but so sensitive my skin got so I decided to try something different being over 30 now. Did some researching and decided in August 2011 to try change yp routine since my sensitive acne prone skin was flaring up big time...

Facial wash - St Ives Apricot blackhead scrub&
St Ives Green Tea Scrub ( alternated every other day)
Aztec healing clay mask with acv ( apple cider vinegar) - 2x week
Makeup remover- Organic extra virgin olive oil ( little bit)
Moisturizer- Organic extra virgin olive oil
Cetaphil SPF 15(?) - on hot/ humid day or when oily

Also taking following ...
Multi Vitamin once daily
Fish oil 2x/day
Echinacea 2x/day

About to head into 2012 and absolutely LOVE this routine!!!! I still get my little unwanted surprises that visit my face but nothing like my horrid flare ups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite scrub as of right now! I use to have the apricot scrub but it was too harsh for my sensitive skin and would just tear my face up. This one however is ideal for pretty much any skin type, its gentle enougth for my sensitive skin but it skin manages to deep clean my pores and leave my skin feeling baby soft. It has that thick consistency of tooth paste and the scrubing particles are densely packed while being small and gentle enougth. It smells so fresh and clean and is a pick me up.I use this once a week and it is a little drying for me right now during fall/winter seasons but its nothing moisturizer can't fix. I believe I paid $5 for the 4.5 ounce tube and I still have alot left since ive gotten it in August. This has become a staple in my skin care routine!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only good thing about the product is the scent; it smells refreshing and nice. HOWEVER, this scrub made me break out soooooooooo bad and then my face super red after. I must be allergic to an ingredient in this product. My HG face wash I love to use after removing my makeup is the St Ives apricot scrub. But I ran out of that and the only product in my bathroom was my sis' green tea scrub. At first I really did make my skin feel nice and clean after.... Until about half an hour later my face, ESP my forehead became super itchy. When I looked in the mirror, my whole forehead was covered in zits and both my cheeks looked super irritated and red. Thank god I didn't spend a dime on this product. Just goes to show that products will have different results in people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Price $6-8 or so for 4.5 oz, which will last a long time!

I tried this because of a recommendation here on MUA - I was looking for a new scrub that I hoped would be in between the apricot scrub and the Neutrogena pore refining scrub I was using.

I do not like the apricot scrub for the face - it is just too rough. I need something smoother, and so I like to look for scrubs that have plastic breads or other smaller/smoother granules. While there are some nice once out there, it seems every one I try just isnít it. They are either too rough, or not rough enough. Sometimes the beads are just too big and/or there just arenít enough of them. I also try to stick with more natural ingredients, or formulations for sensitive skin. Things with lots of perfumes, methyl or other irritants seem to be rampant in drugstore scrubs. When I finally got down to the end of my Neutrogena pore refining scrub I knew I wanted to try something else in hopes that one day I would be more scrubbing.

This is PERFECT! The granules are small, but they are SO dense, so you get a lot of exfoliation without ripping up you face! It includes salicylic acid, which should also help with exfoliation and acne treatment, but it is my understanding that they are rather ineffective in a cleanser, but that really doesnít matter much to me since I was only looking for a physical exfoliate anyways. I use other items for my AHA/BHA.

It smells really nice Ė very fresh and clean. It does not smell artificial at all, which is what I was expecting. It really does smell like natural green tea, and I am impressed.

The results are wonderful! My skin is left feeling super smooth and very clean and invigorated. It does feel a bit drying, but I always follow up with a moisturizer anyways.

It claims to help with acne and redness. I suppose it helps with acne the same way any exfoliate would, and I canít tell that it does anything for redness other then that it does not contain anything harsh or irritating. Just be careful not to over exfoliate! I use this about once a week, more then twice and it makes me oilier.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jcdx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to be in love with the apricot scrub, but then I decided to try this. This is definately my favorite scrub I have tried thus far. I love the smell and the texture. The only downfall is that it is sometimes hard to get all of the exfoliators off? Other than that it is perfect!:) Keeps my face clear and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scrub is very soothing and it breaks through the excess oil and dirt and really actually helped my breakouts. But IMO the salicylic acid dries out my skin.

I might try the infamous apricot scrub but I can't find the actual original one, only the Invigorating one :/

I was very surprised with the way I first applied this products because it scrubs and then it just melts into a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by grrrlsetsfire

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. This product does not irritate my face. It do believe it makes it look calmer in the morning. It's not a miracle cure all product, I don't believe in those, but it does help and not make things worse. I would recommend it to anyone that needs to exfoliate without the irritation.

Also, I do think everyone is different and reacts differently to products. Try finding what works for you! There are so many different factors that could cause a breakout. I am currently looking into healing my acne from the inside out... I am going to continue to use this product.