November 1, 2014 | 1219 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this twice & I was not impressed. I actually found it be kind of sticky? A small bit got into my hair & I could not get it out for anything. I didn't feel too exfoliated afterward either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by merin44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive been a fan of St. Ives apricot scrub for a while but do find that it can be a bit much if you use it everyday and seeing as you aren't supposed to exfoliate everyday I was looking for a product as gentle as the apricot scrub just with less exfoliating beads I suppose. I came across this green tea scrub and liked that it was by St.Ives so i gave it a shot. I'm so glad I did because I absolutely love this stuff. It's so gentle and yet so effective. The exfoliating beads in it are so gentle but leave you with such a clean fresh feeling. I have noticed redness reduction as well. The smell is great too. Overall just a great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a good, solid scrub. I love that the granules are much finer than the original apricot scrub. It cleanses without parching my skin or making it flake even worse (I always moisturize immediately after anyway, though), and the smell is nice, although I like the scent of the green tea cleanser much better than this one. It removes some of the dead skin, but not as much as I would like it to. As far as beating my mild adult acne to a pulp, I don't really see it working at all, but most small breakouts I have disappear on their own within a couple days anyway. I do wish it was a little creamier and had more color to it, so that I could see the bald spots on my face that I missed with the scrub. It just goes on clear. I don't feel like it brightens my dull complexion or helps with acne in any way. But it does seem to even out my complexion, and I LOVE this product for getting rid of any redness or blotchiness. I'll give it a 3.5.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I can say this is just an okay face wash. The granules do work fairly well, but I have seen no improvement whatsoever in my acne. Getting rid of acne is kind of the point, and it did nothing for me. Also, the granules can be super annoying if you're not using this product in the shower and just at the sink. They can get stuck in your hairline and are impossible to get out!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my back up scrub. I've been using Jurlique Daily Exfoliating Cream for quite a while and while it's gentle and lovely on my skin from time to time I switch out to this.

Pros: I love that you can really feel the little granuales in the product. It feels like my skin is getting a great clean, scrub and buff in one. The smell is nice, not to over powering. I love that you only had to use a small amount

Cons: If your skin is feeling a bit sensitive or raw then this probably is not the scrub for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by heyimsabrinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The scrub along with the cleanser have helped my acne but not cleared it up. After using both I noticed my skin getting better, but the acne is still there. Probably cause im still a teen, and for most acne doesn't go away till 18 years or +. I use this product every other day, because it could be to harsh and i don't want to aggravate my acne. It is still lighter than the apricot scrub, and has a nice texture/smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by josieflo

I thought I would like this because it has green tea, but I really didn't. It's supposed to get rid of dead skin, but I ended up with more flaky dry patches. It made my skin feel really dry even after I moisturized it. I have been using this for over a month and I have been realizing that this is the cause of my breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by boothekool

I have had keratosis pilaris on my arms for as long as I can remember. I tried the St. Ive's apricot scrub and it worked relatively well. But it didn't clear it up. Today I used the green tea one along with dove go fresh body wash and it has totally cleared up the redness and bumbs except for a few small ones. WOW. Hopefully it continues like this. Will definitely buy again. 100% recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by auntmeme

I like that the scrubbers are small and dense, so you can really feel them working. Also, the scent is nice. However, this product can be drying, especially in the winter time, and be careful not to get it in your hair, because it leavea a film. I'm able to use this product daily in the summer and weekly in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by GinnyKiyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Texture: Very fine, not like their apricot scrub. Slightly foams which I like very much.

Price: Very affordable, I got it on sale for less than $4 and you only need a pea size amount.

Smell: Very refreshing, I wouldn't say it smells like green tea but it's great. I wish the scent was a bit lighter though.

Overall: This scrub is light, isn't as creamy as the other St. Ives scrubs but it's gentle to use twice a week. Even for anyone with acne, this would be a good exfoliator to consider using. Because it's so gentle and effective I would repurchase for sure.