Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose 001

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

on 11/20/2008 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVE this blush! This is my to-go blush because it always looks so natural. I use it all the time. It's a very sheer color which is great because it's hard to apply too much, and you can create various depths of color by layering. This blush is great for the price and I hope it is never discontinued.

on 9/16/2008 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

OMG! It's the perfect blush. I've been using this for the past 3 years and it still works wonders. No matter how tan or white I get, it still looks natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff- such a great product and it's SO CHEAP!! :D Natural-looking peachy pink color with very subtle shimmer... looks very natural on my NW25 skin. Also, the texture is smooth and blendable (non-chalky!), and on me the color lasts pretty much all day. I want to try more of these in other colors.

on 8/16/2008 11:56:00 AM

This is an exact dupe of Cargo blu-ray blush/highlighter (original pink). I did a side by side comparison...even on my face. Absolutely no difference. NW20 for reference.

on 7/7/2008 12:26:00 PM

I bought Rimmel blush in Santa Rose because I had read it is a very similar color to NARS Orgasm blush and I didn't want to spend $29.00 CAD if I could get the same thing for $5.99. I have not seen the NARS Orgasm in person but I have seen pictures comparing the two and they do look almost identical.

The price is right, the packaging was average. I like to use a big fluffy brush to apply my blush and I find the pan a bit small to swipe my brush across properly so I have to be careful that my blush doesn't end up patchy. They could have charged a dollar more and made the pan a bit bigger.

As for the color itself, I am quite pale with cool undertones. I am NW20. On me this color shows up quite pink but more of a pretty flushed rosy pink instead of a bubble gum pink. It has just a hint of peach to it. I really like the color. It looks quite natural on me. I would definately buy again and I am so very tempted to get the NARS Orgasm blush everyone raves about!

My only complaint about this blush, besides the size of the pan, is the lasting power. I wear MAC Prep and Prime, MAC foundation, and a Covergirl loose powder. There is no reason this blush should fade from my face, but....after a day at work it seems to have disappeared and I need to reapply. I was using a cheap Bonne Bell blusher before this one and that would stay on until I washed it off. I am not impressed with the staying power. That being said, it is cheap enough and I am happy enough with the color that I would probably repurchase.

Update: I did finally purchase NARS blush in Orgasm. The colors are very, very similar. The Rimmel one just doesn't seem to have quite as much shimmer to it which isn't neccesarily a bad thing.

on 5/21/2008 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I saw this blush at Walgreens and thought, What a beautiful color! Unfortunately, this shade didn't look so great after I put it on. It made me look completely washed out, and after a little while, the color was gone and only sparkles were left! This blush is dirt cheap, so you really won't lose anything by trying it out. But I think this shade is really a peach, rather than a rose-colored shade, and won't work if your coloring is cool.

Great petal pink color for my fair skin. Has a light shimmer for a glowing look. Good pigmentation, doesn't last as long as I would like, but worth the reapplication for a natural flush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this blush. It's the first blush I've bought in a long time, and it has been worth it. It's cheap, and it lasts all day, even on my oily skin. This is the first Rimmel product I've actually been really impressed with. Love it!

I usually buy department store make-up and skin care products, but I bought this blush in an emergency. I went to work without my make-up bag. I am surprisingly pleased with this blush since I didn't get to try on the color. I love it and will buy it again. And I love the price too.

on 4/27/2008 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like this blush. It's cheap, it gives a great look, when lightly applied. I'll continue to buy this!