October 23, 2014 | 1343 users online

Blush - Rimmel - Blush - Santa Rose 001

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an exact dupe of Cargo blu-ray blush/highlighter (original pink). I did a side by side comparison...even on my face. Absolutely no difference. NW20 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by smh28

I bought Rimmel blush in Santa Rose because I had read it is a very similar color to NARS Orgasm blush and I didn't want to spend $29.00 CAD if I could get the same thing for $5.99. I have not seen the NARS Orgasm in person but I have seen pictures comparing the two and they do look almost identical.

The price is right, the packaging was average. I like to use a big fluffy brush to apply my blush and I find the pan a bit small to swipe my brush across properly so I have to be careful that my blush doesn't end up patchy. They could have charged a dollar more and made the pan a bit bigger.

As for the color itself, I am quite pale with cool undertones. I am NW20. On me this color shows up quite pink but more of a pretty flushed rosy pink instead of a bubble gum pink. It has just a hint of peach to it. I really like the color. It looks quite natural on me. I would definately buy again and I am so very tempted to get the NARS Orgasm blush everyone raves about!

My only complaint about this blush, besides the size of the pan, is the lasting power. I wear MAC Prep and Prime, MAC foundation, and a Covergirl loose powder. There is no reason this blush should fade from my face, but....after a day at work it seems to have disappeared and I need to reapply. I was using a cheap Bonne Bell blusher before this one and that would stay on until I washed it off. I am not impressed with the staying power. That being said, it is cheap enough and I am happy enough with the color that I would probably repurchase.

Update: I did finally purchase NARS blush in Orgasm. The colors are very, very similar. The Rimmel one just doesn't seem to have quite as much shimmer to it which isn't neccesarily a bad thing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Grets

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw this blush at Walgreens and thought, What a beautiful color! Unfortunately, this shade didn't look so great after I put it on. It made me look completely washed out, and after a little while, the color was gone and only sparkles were left! This blush is dirt cheap, so you really won't lose anything by trying it out. But I think this shade is really a peach, rather than a rose-colored shade, and won't work if your coloring is cool.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by killapriscilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great petal pink color for my fair skin. Has a light shimmer for a glowing look. Good pigmentation, doesn't last as long as I would like, but worth the reapplication for a natural flush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Shindinglings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this blush. It's the first blush I've bought in a long time, and it has been worth it. It's cheap, and it lasts all day, even on my oily skin. This is the first Rimmel product I've actually been really impressed with. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by skincarejunkee

I usually buy department store make-up and skin care products, but I bought this blush in an emergency. I went to work without my make-up bag. I am surprisingly pleased with this blush since I didn't get to try on the color. I love it and will buy it again. And I love the price too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ng76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this blush. It's cheap, it gives a great look, when lightly applied. I'll continue to buy this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the blush for the everyday look, when all I use is concealer, mascara and a bit of blush to make me look alive. The color is a muted pink (a lot pinker and less nude than it shows up in the pot!), and I see this complementing any skin tone. It is almost exactly the color of naturally flushed cheeks (in a nicer way).
Santa Rose has a slight sheen to it which is enough for me to highlight my cheekbones - not too glittery by any means, and it doesn't look tacky at all. I'm actually surprised at the quality, regarding the price range and the brand...Will be sticking to Rimmel blushers from now on, because this one has great lasting power over my foundation and alone too, no dark patches and disappeared color, and I don't need additional highlighter on my cheeks. What I also like is that you can gradually enhance the intensity of the color by layering, because it doesn't come out too strong and clown-like. It is so easy to build a subtle 3-dimensional look to the cheeks, I put more layers in the middle and blend outwards.
I don't think I will run out of it anytime soon, but I might repurchase after. You just can't go wrong with this shade. They also changed the pop off lid to a more stable hinge one, so it won't break up all over the place (no need to carry around for reapplication anyway, imo...).

UPDATE: I saw some pics of me wearing this and it is horrible. Dark brown muddy patches all over my face. Disgusting. Ended up in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by iRahBu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The thing is with the rimmel blushes is that they won't show up on me. It's not very pigmented in my opinion. I love the colors and the packaging, but I don't think it's worth it. It's only $3 but I can buy something like everyday minerals blushes and get better pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Lisainsf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this blush as an extra in a swap (thanks afbabjeanius!), and I was stunned to find how much I like it. I have been using Nars and MAC blushes exclusively, which are $25 and $17.50 respectively, and along comes a blush that I can get for $4, which is nearly as good as these high end brands. The color is peachy-pink with a slight shimmer; looks subtle and lovely on my medium olive skin. Certainly not as pigmented as a Nars blush, but similar to a MAC sheertone in a light neutral color (i.e. Cheek, Tenderling). So, buy this if you see it, and buy several if you can get it for $2 like some people have!